Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stroodle
05 Oct 20 14:05
| Topic/replies: 7,504 | Blogger: stroodle's blog
I only placed a bet on this match once Villa scored and overs were getting smashed, I went for under 3.5 for an interest in the game loss of £20 nothing really. You had Leicester, Man Utd, Liverpool getting smashed, Bayern scoring last second pen for victory, Celtic last minute winner, Porto smashed at home from relegation fodder which set me back a fair bit when I spotted them down 1-2 60 mins and jumped in. Looking at some of the results has to be down to fans not being there, most of the matches anything possible, but the Liverpool result was insane. When Villa win normally by the odd goal, but Liverpool took a pounding, every attack looked like a goal was on the cards. It just looks like a training session these matches without fans which are throwing up odd results. Normally I look ahead for the week focus on matches that I feel are wrong regarding odds then go in early, the Man Utd v Spurs was one I had picked out early as Spurs really shouldn't have been price they were considering Utd form beforehand, and I also focused on Leicester but the odds 1.65 at start of week put me off, so just indulged in a 3-1 home win again no great losses. After the Liverpool result will be changing my strategy with betting as the others you can take as these results can happen but not the Liverpool one. Been very fortunate this weekend no losses basically account same as start of week, but will be treading very carefully over the next few weeks, as Im sure many will have came a cropper this weekend. Someone posted yesterday there was a grand on Liverpool+3 at insane odds to buy money, so all I can say during this period be ultra careful as anything is more possible.
Pause Switch to Standard View Will some change betting pattern...
Show More
Report stroodle October 5, 2020 1:55 PM BST
Off to a good start this week first bet, layed Newcastle u23 at 1.6  Sunderland leading 0-1 ht Devil
Report TameTheTiger October 5, 2020 6:20 PM BST
treading carefully but betting on an u23 match
Report betting_masta October 5, 2020 6:32 PM BST
it's all good baby boy, it's only money
Report stroodle October 5, 2020 7:00 PM BST

Oct 5, 2020 -- 7:20PM, TameTheTiger wrote:

treading carefully but betting on an u23 match

Stats were all in favour of away team, fav worth a lay. Finished 0-4 Im treading carefully Devil

Report Aspro October 6, 2020 10:00 AM BST
Fair play to you stroodle. When I looked at the stats it looked like a Newcastle banker. Was genuinely shocked at the final result (I wasn't involved btw)
Report stroodle October 6, 2020 2:37 PM BST
Normally watch the stats for about 10 mins it was about 30 mins into game with every stat going to away team, normally I would have just backed the away team but decided to just lay home team. That was my only bet yesterday and I'm away to just start betting when I feel its the right time, rather than just punting for the sake of punting when ahead.
Report Angoose October 6, 2020 2:53 PM BST
Using your noodle stroodle, that's definitely the way to go Happy
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 6, 2020 5:02 PM BST
Lack of fans is obviously a factor.

So too is the end of last season being delayed, little break, a short preseason, and lots of games in short space of time.

Players living in bubbles too.

Teams playing hi energy stuff must feel it more than those sitting back and soaking it up.

Now of course we have a break, so it's another reset, with form back out of the window.

Good luck to footy punters.

I also think goalies are under performing and I wonder if they are missing crowd noises more than most.??
Report pushkin99 October 6, 2020 5:39 PM BST
I am sure the statisticians out there will be able to paint the right picture, but the volatility regarding goal expectations for the PL has gone through the roof. Dangerous times for goal sellers in particular, especially on the spreads markets.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 6, 2020 6:41 PM BST
There have actually been less shots as at same time last season but nearly a goal a game more.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com