Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tiger Tiger
09 Sep 20 14:41
| Topic/replies: 19,303 | Blogger: Tiger Tiger's blog
Doncaster races have been told, no spectators after today, will surely affect all sport?
Pause Switch to Standard View No crowds at sporting events from...
Show More
Report Tiger Tiger September 9, 2020 1:45 PM BST
2,500 were to be allowed in originally, not anymore. Bound to have a knock on effect on other planned 'trials'
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! September 9, 2020 3:11 PM BST
I expect thee TDF to carry
ON

Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem September 9, 2020 4:19 PM BST
Its time we stopped participating before its to late

Today I saw less people wearing masks which is a start, but these businesses need to stop abiding to these "guidelines" ffs because its getting pathetic now

A pic on BBC sport of a football ground with social distancing its absolutely mental its disturbing ffs, like one row of seats empty a stagger effect, yet a sneeze or cough goes 6 feet and 18 feet... Crazy
Report ian merseyside September 9, 2020 10:34 PM BST
It would be good if a peaceful demonstration could be organised.  I think people would be surprised at how much opposition there is to all these measures.  Not sure how it would work though as it would probably be declared illegal.  This seems very sinister to me, we are moving towards a dark future.  Isn't it strange how nobody is critical of Sweden's approach right now.  Looks like we backed the wrong horse.
Report SontaranStratagem September 10, 2020 2:29 PM BST
When people protest in their millions the media call it a "few hundred" and sticks the story in with all the other none entities, and basically brands them "far right". Social Media shadow bans them and anyone live streaming effectively can't because their bandwidth is messed with

We are dealing with psychopathic ***** who have control over all the main technology esp the media and social media
Report moisok September 10, 2020 9:01 PM BST
I will have you know I am not controlling anything!!
Report moisok September 10, 2020 9:02 PM BST
YET
Report cpfc4me September 19, 2020 8:42 AM BST
Isn't it strange how nobody is critical of Sweden's approach right now.

With the fifth highest CFR in Europe, there are plenty of people critical of Sweden's approach.
Report Latalomne September 19, 2020 9:56 AM BST
7th, no?
Report cpfc4me September 19, 2020 5:17 PM BST
Sixth place now... competition is tough for that final COVID Champions League spot...

1. Italy 12.2% 2. UK 10.9% 3. Belgium 10.1% 4. France 6.8% 5. Netherlands 6.8% 6. Sweden 6.7%
Report cpfc4me September 19, 2020 5:18 PM BST
Sweden only update their numbers twice a week now so that may explain the slide.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 19, 2020 6:36 PM BST
lock up the world, crash economies, cause more hardship, never mind the millions who miss cancer screenings, increase in domestic abuse, alcohol intake, ignoring ill health because you don't want to be a burden, lack of physical activity, and all because of a virus that affects mostly frail elderly people or those with underlying health issues, senseless to lockdown health people, just tell everyone if need be to wear as mask when out so at least we can all get on with our lives, you'd think the great plague from the 13th century that wiped out half of Europe had returned. You are allowed to walk past people in supermarkets wearing masks as people do usually within a metre, but can't anywhere else like sporting events. Only people who should be under lockdown, if it has to happen, are those that are at greatest risk. This nonsense is not the way forward.
Report wolf3011 September 19, 2020 7:10 PM BST
Daz talks utter horse sh1t about football but on this matter I entire agree. I was reading the legislation regarding dentists the other day and now the official stance is to favour extraction of teeth over root canals as the latter requires more risks... so take young peoples teeth out causing likely dietary issues and ultimately potential reduced life expectancy to save lives of a tiny minority of people normally over 75. I saw a woman the other day nearly killing herself jumping into the road with someone to avoid in broad daylight and an hour later chatting away in a cafe with friends and others nearby
Report Latalomne September 19, 2020 7:30 PM BST

Sep 19, 2020 -- 6:18PM, cpfc4me wrote:

Sweden only update their numbers twice a week now so that may explain the slide.

I think we're using different metrics.  I was taking CFR to mean fatality rate per million of the population, where Sweden is 7th.

The UK's 10.9% is way off the mark on your scale because we were only testing for it in hospitals for months, so many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, more people have had it than the official figures suggest.

Report cpfc4me September 20, 2020 3:24 AM BST
You are allowed to walk past people in supermarkets wearing masks as people do usually within a metre, but can't anywhere else like sporting events.

The chances of infection from briefly passing someone is minimal. The chances of infection from spending 2 hours or whatever in close proximity to someone is significantly higher.

While the virus may not kill you, it can damage the lungs, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems. I'm not sure thinking this is like the flu is very smart.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 20, 2020 10:38 AM BST
briefly? have you ever been to a supermarket, they stop all the time next to each other, picking out fruit, and whatever else, I'd have thought given worldwide lockdown that 1 second was long enough as that's all it takes without a mask. Rating everyone's post 1 star is also a bit childish.
Report sixtwosix September 20, 2020 11:07 AM BST
The vast majority of them do not attend sport and like any none sport lover do not regard it as a priority.
They will rewrite history that Cheltenham not Wuhan was the source of this pandemic.
Report cpfc4me September 20, 2020 8:47 PM BST
Unless you're spending 15 minutes or more within 6 feet of someone in a supermarket, then your chances of infection are slim. You're certainly not going to get enough viral load in one second to become infected unless someone coughs or sneezes in your face.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 20, 2020 9:03 PM BST
now you're rating your own posts 5 stars lol

we were spending months in supermarkets with NO masks, when we were told to start wearing masks, at that point, rates were well on the way down to the point they stopped given press conferences every day. Then all of a sudden, you must now wear masks.
Report qwerty135 September 20, 2020 9:04 PM BST
ian merseyside09
Isn't it strange how nobody is critical of Sweden's approach right now.  Looks like we backed the wrong horse.

You muppet.  Sweden's deaths/1M is over 5x Denmark's, and over 11x Sweden's, and they suffered more economic damage.  Annika Linde and Anders Tegnell have both admitted they got it wrong.

We backed the right horse, but just far too late.
Report wolf3011 September 20, 2020 9:06 PM BST
whats all this rating post stuff.. I cant see any "stars"
Report qwerty135 September 20, 2020 9:08 PM BST
Typo: Sweden's deaths/1M is over 5x Denmark's, and over 11x Norway's.
Report qwerty135 September 20, 2020 9:10 PM BST

Sep 20, 2020 -- 10:06PM, wolf3011 wrote:

whats all this rating post stuff.. I cant see any "stars"

You'll see the stars if you switch to "Standard View" at the top right.

Report wolf3011 September 20, 2020 9:14 PM BST
Ah ok cheers , when did this star thing come in then or has it always been here?
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 20, 2020 9:34 PM BST
so can someone tell me what do we do if there's a new virus or strain every single year? keep going into lockdown? where does the money come from ? no taxes being paid they'll be nothing left in the pot to furlough anyone, taxes are already going to have to rise to make up for the losses already. We have to look after the most vulnerable but that should not include locking everyone up indefinitely, it causes untold other issues as listed on this thread already such as millions having missed cancer screenings or others ignoring symptoms because they don't want to be a burden/don't want to visit hospitals. Time to move on and stop running away.
Report qwerty135 September 20, 2020 9:35 PM BST
It's been there for years.  Not many people use it though.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 20, 2020 9:37 PM BST
my mum's next door neighbour cried every day for weeks because she couldn't see her grandchildren and she was perfectly healthy, imagine there were similar stories the world over, they in the end met up in Morrison's car park hoping nobody saw, ridiculous they had to do that, madness
Report cpfc4me September 20, 2020 9:39 PM BST
my mum's next door neighbour cried every day for weeks because she couldn't see her grandchildren

She should seek help. This is not normal behaviour for an adult.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 20, 2020 9:44 PM BST
wanting to meet your grandchildren is not normal? ok.
Report isleham September 20, 2020 11:35 PM BST
I would say it's the crying everyday that is the abnormal behaviour..in recent years we seem to have moved to a society where grandparents seeing their grandchildren is the most important consideration for government policy
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 21, 2020 12:13 AM BST
yes walking around in masks keeping 2 metres from every soul, grassing on neighbours because they've out for more than 1 walk a day, that is very normal behaviour lol, get a grip on reality, if everyone was as submissive as you's we'd all be in trouble and governments really could do what they want.
Report LoyalHoncho September 21, 2020 2:41 AM BST
Ridiculous they did it, not that they had to do it.
"Here you are kids - to he ll with the rules.  We're not going to follow the rules because we're ancient and know best, certainly better than any government or scientist, and neither should you".
This attitude will create thousands upon thousands of little darrens.  Heaven help us!
Report cpfc4me September 21, 2020 7:34 AM BST
wanting to meet your grandchildren is not normal? ok.

I'm sure she'd already met them. What is not normal, as isleham says, is the crying every day about it. What normal adult behaves like that? Sounds either a made up story or some serious mental issues.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 21, 2020 11:08 AM BST
isleham is your other account name.

it wasn't normal times, and if that's the strength of your argument it's probably best you think of something else.
Report wolf3011 September 21, 2020 12:05 PM BST
Shutting down the economy , muzzling people like ducks in masks for a virus that has an average age of death around 80 isnt just abnormal, but insanity. Many elderly people see their family as lifelines with very little else left in life - over 400 die each day with cancer and similar numbers with heart disease so if prolonging life at all cost is the end game time to ban alcohol, cars, junk food, force people to take mandatory exercise, wear masks 24/7 particularly in flu season, screen everyone for stds before sex with certificates, ban sun exposure incase it causes cancer for more than an hour a day, ban cigarettes etc etc. These are all killers so why stop at covid?
Report wolf3011 September 21, 2020 12:10 PM BST
It isnt just economy issues either, telling people as they have that they can only exercise once a day and not see relatives is entering into very dangerous totalitarian territory similar to North Korea. It's no business of any government what relatives people see or how and when they get exercise which is a basic human right for any human being. Saving lives of a tiny number of vulnerable people who should be isolating themselves incase they go out is not justification for controlling peoples existences in this fashion. We are all finite creatures, spending what limited time we have on this earth being told we can't go out for fresh air more than once a day as we have already had is more barbaric than the virus itself
Report isleham September 21, 2020 5:15 PM BST
excuse me but my only account name is the above (village near newmarket!!) and i take exception any comments otherwise
Report SontaranStratagem September 21, 2020 6:26 PM BST
Wolf hits nail on the head

We're here for a few seconds essentially and we're being told by a bunch of snotty nosed little herberts we can't go out LaughLaugh

We're have the mens balls gone ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com