Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
02 Sep 20 00:56
| Topic/replies: 29,376 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
I've always considered this league our most entertaining so it'll be nice to start a proper thread on it

Stoke at 12s for the title my first bet on it this season, hopefully throughout the season I can look to land some overs in individual games and also to get involved in games on every match day

Come on Forest!!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 29  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,124
By:
jules002
When: 02 Sep 20 11:46
Watford for me 8/1 on Bet365 will definitely be in the shake up .
Come on you Blues !
By:
guernseylion
When: 02 Sep 20 12:50
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 02 Sep 20 17:00
Millwall look solid, guernseylion, and have made a couple good signings in Malone and Bennett (both from the sheep sha*gers)

Malone is a good wing back at this level and surprised Derby let him go out on loan esp as they have one experienced left back who's crocked most of the time and one youngster as back up
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 02 Sep 20 17:03
Derby after some pacy winger from Poland, plus linked with Tyler Roberts from Leeds I think as well

Decent signings if they pull them off, the lad in Poland is decent from past watches
By:
pushkin99
When: 02 Sep 20 19:03
Great idea Sonts, I hope u get the critical mass u need to succeed, which I am sure u will.

I was a little surprised to see Brentford at the head of the market. Great footie every season but serious serial bottlers. Each year they sell their best players, but recruit others just as good so they are doing something right.

7.4 seems skinny to me though, I am sure clacton will have the lowdown on Brentfords chances.
By:
Dav_vin03
When: 02 Sep 20 22:42
Watford surely the most likely if they keep hold of most of the squad.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t back them until the window is closed in October.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 03 Sep 20 18:24
Brentford play good football but losing Watkins might be a problem, Peterboro have a habit of selling prolific strikers in league 1 or even 2 for good money and they flop elsewhere, might be the case with Toney as well
By:
madhatter
When: 05 Sep 20 11:01
I don't think my boys will struggle like last season now that Judas is back in charge.
He has much more idea about what he's doing than the previous incumbent and he did really well to keep us up.
On form we were the ninth best team in the league over the last ten games and only lost once - the embarrassing home thrashing by Reading.
However, I don't see us anywhere other than mid-table given our meagre budget.
By:
Dav_vin03
When: 06 Sep 20 20:05
Who will finish bottom

Wycombe or Barnsley?
By:
flukes
When: 06 Sep 20 20:12
Can't see it being Barnsley. Wycombe and Rotherham look the obvious candidates but Sheff Wed with 10 point deduction can't be ruled out.  Birmingham are also likely to struggle.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 07 Sep 20 03:17
I'd put Barnsley safe after their performance Vs us on Saturday, only carabao cup though mind but they looked decent

Wycombe and Rotherham for me also, Rotherham are the Norwich of this league they come up from league 1 and have no intention of trying to stay up

Reading are a basket case club and look like they could be trouble

Top 6 for me are 1 Stoke 2 Brentford 3 Norwich 4 Watford 5 QPR 6 Forest

I fancy QPR as an outsider and Stoke at 12s for the league are a decent shout
By:
Dav_vin03
When: 07 Sep 20 06:09
Watford planning on losing out for 1 season there 5 highest earners

The intention being to lower wage bill, keep those players happy and get them back after immediate promotion

I can understand the financial predicament, I can understand the players not wanting to risk spending a season or more in the championship, but if as many as 5 of their top players leave it will seriously damage any promotion challenge.
By:
Dav_vin03
When: 07 Sep 20 06:09
*Losing out - loaning out
By:
cribbage king
When: 07 Sep 20 13:38
I will be betting millwall to be in the bottom 12. Over achieved for many years now
By:
tony6499
When: 07 Sep 20 15:41
It depends on how many managers Watford get through although Murray is a good signing up front, if they had kept Pearson they would have been better equipped than the guy they got. I did Bournemouth to go down, selling anyone they can and with the assistant in charge that seldom works out
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 07 Sep 20 17:13
Millwall have got a hard manager in Rowett will have them grinding out results so probably top half for me but lacking in real quality up top, Mason Bennett their main summer signing for 250k doesn't exactly scream promotion goals Plain

Bournemouth probably getting ready for their descent back down the leagues now anyway, the boys who pocketed all that lolley for 5 years whilst in the prem have strangely jumped over aboard now, the hob knobbers have deserted them all of a sudden now they aren't dining out at a 5 star Michelin restaurant eh
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 07 Sep 20 18:17
Derby sold Lowe and Bogle to Sheff United so that's them a bit weakened now

Although their linked with Jacob Murphy (who is a top player at this level) and Kamil Jozwiak from Lech Poznan, if they land both of them they'll be much improved in the final 3rd
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 07 Sep 20 20:43
That Jozwiak is decent as well, good feet on him and would do well in the Championship
By:
icantbelieveyousaidthat
When: 08 Sep 20 00:15
There have been many relegated sides from the Premier League who look good on paper in this division but the squad of players that Daniel Farke has at his disposal right now should be able to make their presence felt at Championship level.

Assuming Jamal Lewis departs before the weekend, before any further outgoings, he has Krul, Aarons, McCallum, Godfrey, Gibson, Skipp, Dowell, Buendia, Cantwell, Hugill and Pukki to start with and a plethora of international and experienced players waiting in the wings as cover.

The club have been signing up young players, such as Placheta and Sinani (he has plenty of European Competition experience and goals for a novice) from across Europe in the hope of uncovering another ‘Buendia’.

It may seem obvious but Norwich are definitely the team others need to finish above this season. Like others, I believe Stoke will have a much better season this time around and Barnsley may surprise a few teams. Although, several larger clubs were involved in the relegation dogfight last season, this could be the year when a couple of bigger name clubs (aside from Sheffield Wednesday with their mountain to climb) drop to League 1.
By:
tobermory
When: 08 Sep 20 10:54
Stoke have been talked up for this since they came down, can't see why anyone would back them 12/1 after two bottom half seasons.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 08 Sep 20 18:02
Derby not to fond of Kieran Dowell some comments "worst player I've seen in a Derby shirt" was funny as they've had some right dross since 2007 alone, can still remember them crowing about Rob Hulse and Kris Commons... couldn't have been very good back then eh Laugh

He'll be a top player in a good side, and if used to his strengths he'll be an asset
By:
ShannonSpray
When: 09 Sep 20 19:53
Stoke finished the season as one of the form teams in the closing stages. They may have got their act together.

Norwich and Watford should be better than everyone else.

Millwall will contend, yet again, for a play-off place.

I think we haven't yet seen the financial impact of Covid-19 on club finances. It could be a long winter for many.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 09 Sep 20 20:16
I wouldn't say its the most entertaining, but its definatly the most competitive League in the world, as you never know, who is likely to be promoted, win the League etc etc. Always worth a watchas well.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Sep 20 21:39
Cricketnut it is that for sure

First game Friday Watford Vs Boro, will wait until near kick off to post up the fun bets, probably overs 2.5, away win and BTTS all singles but may change them

Although overs are a bad idea with Warnock led sides, probably get the dullest of 0-0 games ala England style game
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 10 Sep 20 16:18
Just checked Norwichs squad and its defiantly very strong, could well be the best in the league in terms of quality and depth as well Plain
By:
Analyst
When: 11 Sep 20 00:31
Championship is the most interesting division, because anyone can beat anyone.

Despite the much better quality of the Premiership I tend to find it pretty predictable and therefore less interesting.

I have backed Barnsley to finish top half @ 6/4 - they improved as the season developed and ended with a great result at Brentford last season. They have kept their side together in the Summer and kept their manager. As said deservedly defeated Forest last week in the cup.
By:
Analyst

Despite the much better quality of the Premiership I tend to find it pretty predictable and therefore less interesting.

I have backed Barnsley to finish top half @ 6/4 - they improved as the season developed and ended with a great result at Brentford last season. They have kept their side together in the Summer and kept their manager. As said deservedly defeated Forest last week in the cup.
By:
Analyst

By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 11 Sep 20 16:37
Very true analyst

Watford v Boro 7:45 Kick Off time

Going for over 2.5 at slightly above evens and an away win at 4.33 (being done on 365 to keep it less confusing on here)

First game of the season so Watford might be caught cold, can remember Walsall winning 3-0 on the opening day years back, Paul Merson was playing for them I think
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 11 Sep 20 18:56
1-0
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 11 Sep 20 20:38
1-0 FT

I think we now know what type of manager Watford have got, that was Mourinho at the height of his power type shut out after going 1 up

SadSad

Onto tomorrow
By:
knoxville
When: 11 Sep 20 21:17
under 1.5 and 2.5 is where its at this season
the championship is gonna be a borefest with little goals
By:
wolf3011
When: 11 Sep 20 21:19
What's new
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 12 Sep 20 01:01
All of football is like watching paint dry lately

So many 1-0/0-1s its unreal

Early goal seems to kill them a the minute with no crowds
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 12 Sep 20 01:18
First look at Brentford tomorrow, wont be betting in this one however but think Brentford win it

Cardiff v Sheff Weds I'll be trying away win and overs again, Sheff Weds need a quick start with their deduction and they ain't a bad side really
By:
clacton
When: 12 Sep 20 08:27

Sep 11, 2020 -- 8:01PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

All of football is like watching paint dry lately So many 1-0/0-1s its unreal Early goal seems to kill them a the minute with no crowds

How right you are. I rarely see 90 mins of any game now. Just find it boring.
The two England games a great example.
Hope this mornings game is a bit more exciting. At least Brentford dont shut up shop if they score first.
They do go for more. Hoping to see Toney get off the mark.

By:
Des Pond
When: 12 Sep 20 12:12
A long shot, to say the least, but I've done unders in every Championship game today in an ACCA, at 490/1.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 12 Sep 20 12:26
Des I wouldn't be shocked to see it come in, its tedious stuff without fans (in England at least), South America is always low scoring though so can't really put it down to no fans but there games are so low intensity as well

1-0 Birmingham and Brentford looking very flat, is first game though
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 12 Sep 20 12:42
Had an accum

West Ham , Derby, Barnsley, Norwich, Millwall/Stoke draw and Preston/Swansea draw
Page 1 of 29  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com