Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unbiased
22 Aug 20 09:00
| Topic/replies: 5,788 | Blogger: unbiased's blog
She has been in charge of the Chelsea transfer market for Abramovich for some years,yet her record is very poor,and could possibly be making more mistakes with the big money spent in this transfer window.It is worth noting that it was the kids,thrust in at the deep end,that delivered this season.Kids proud to pull on the Chelsea shirt,Mount,Gilmour,Abraham,Pulisic,James,Hudson-Odoi,Tomori(only a few appearances).
The list below makes bad reading.
Batshuayi £33m
Jorginho  £57m
Drinkwater £35m (hardly a game)
Bakayoko  £40m
Zappacosta £25m
Palmieri    £20m
Kepa      £71m   (who knows if any good)
Morata   £60m
On the plus side Barkley £15m a good buy
Meanwhile it was the kids that delivered,and will get even better

Quite a tidy sum,yet,it is the kids that produced the goods
Pause Switch to Standard View HOW DOES MARINA GRANOVSKAIA KEEP HER...
Show More
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 22, 2020 10:21 AM BST
they are terrible signings, drinkwater the worst. She's Russian, must be good friends with him.
Report unbiased August 22, 2020 12:13 PM BST
Hopefully the kids will get better and better,whereas the big money signings may improve the team,or be added to the expensive flops list.Upsetting for the kids to see them being passed over for these  new signings Who knows how it will pan out,but I have my doubts.
Report morpteh mackem August 22, 2020 12:42 PM BST
is it dido hardings pseudonym ?
Report betting_masta August 22, 2020 1:48 PM BST
she's gorgeous, no one can sack her
Report betting_masta August 22, 2020 1:52 PM BST
i don't think she's making the footballing decisions. as far as i know she discusses contracts and finer details. still accountable. no doubt she has been tasked with spending money. as for who to sign it will not be her, she will just sign off sums. she is a negotiator, not a footballing person. look, if the russians want to continue to spúnk their oil money in the english game let them do it wherever they see fit
Report betting_masta August 22, 2020 1:52 PM BST
it is, after all, only a game
Report dr . atkins August 22, 2020 3:19 PM BST
have a look who she sold different class very happy with her
Report muzzle August 22, 2020 3:49 PM BST
utterly useless as a lifelong fan mind boggling incompetent should be tied to the stove were she belongs
Report lurka August 22, 2020 5:25 PM BST
what a mug thread. She's done a great job. Emenalo was still there as tech director when most of those poo(r) signings were made. You slate her for signings but give her no credit for Pulisic as if he's a development player? Complete mug.

Jorginho was Sarri's lovechild. She's wheeled and dealt brilliantly and brought in massive money in transfer fees and commercial deals. She's not solely responsible for picking players, I can't imagine there aren't football men with more influence on those decisions.

Barkley is a poor player. CHO had a disappointing season, played less than Tomori. Gilmour? 2 starts in the league and you say he 'delivered'? Laugh
Report betting_masta August 22, 2020 5:36 PM BST
she is not a scout. she did not discover pulisic. she merely negotiates wages and fees.
Report unbiased August 22, 2020 6:03 PM BST
Yes,she is the negotiator,so handles the purse strings,and approves the deals.
  Lurka,have you forgotten the kid,Billy Gilmour, got man of the match when Chelsea beat Liverpool.Some effort for a kid!!
  Before leaving Chelsea,Eden Hazard told Hudson-Odoi that ,at that stage of his career,he was a better player than himself.Unfortunately had a long term injury this season,but more to come.Remember him turning rings around the International,Bellerin,and the other defenders,in the charity game,when Chelsea beat Arsenal,in a style very similar to Hazard.
   I will,of course,be pleased to see the new costly players deliver for us,but there has to be an element of doubt.
Report sofaking August 22, 2020 6:37 PM BST
Totally out of her depth. It's not a job for a woman.
Report betting_masta August 22, 2020 6:44 PM BST
what, talking to people, schmoozing them sometimes, and drawing up contracts? you think ken bates did a better job?
Report JC1326 August 22, 2020 7:20 PM BST
Conte does make some odd signings.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 22, 2020 7:38 PM BST
last few windows for Chelsea have been shocking, forget net spent, talking about personnel that's come through the door, to add to the OP

Kovacic - £40 mil
Baba Rahaman - £17 mil - 26 years old, bought in 2015, sent on loan 3 times, only played a handful of games for them, 15 for Chelsea, in 5 years
Rudiger 30 mil not really that impressive either
arsenal cast off Giround for 18 mil

Barkley has not been a good signing really, not added much.
Don't think much of Mason Mount either.

This is the club that had Salah and De Bruyne and let them go for peanuts, had Cuadrado as well, multi Serie A winner now, Lukaku as well, though not everyone rates him.

Pulisic is definitely a good signing however, not as good as Hazard or can't see him being that good, Kante another good signing when fit, but on the whole very poor recruitment.
Report wolf3011 August 22, 2020 8:48 PM BST
I can understand Chelsea fans being interested but why fans of other clubs obsess over this boring crap Ive no idea as it makes stamp collecting look respectable
Report sofaking August 22, 2020 10:06 PM BST

Aug 22, 2020 -- 2:48PM, wolf3011 wrote:

I can understand Chelsea fans being interested but why fans of other clubs obsess over this boring crap Ive no idea as it makes stamp collecting look respectable

So why'd you click on the thread and post a comment here? CrazyGrin

Report wolf3011 August 23, 2020 2:41 AM BST
because I dont know who she is
Report lurka August 23, 2020 8:28 AM BST
I doubt she has much input into footballing decisions, unless of course Roman is making them still and she is carrying them out for him, which I doubt even tho she's his eyes and ears around the place. There is a panel of men making them who together have much more input than she does, being the only woman on it. She's on the business side and has done some good business getting in good fees for players and a very good deal from Nike. Look at how much she's got in for the likes of Costa, Morata and Hazard and how they've performed since. Even £8m for Luiz was great business. The Kepa fee was bonkers, I don't know why they offered that much, must have been a release clause in there or something.

I think Giroud has done well for Chelsea this season when Tammy was out and is a useful player as a sub/second striker. Kovacic had a very good season and Jorginho has done fairly well under Frank. I don't think the young players apart from Pulisic are all that but Frank is the one playing them and his hands were tied somewhat by the ban. Getting CL was the aim this season and he's done that without spending. It's their defence and missing chances that have let them down if anything, not the midfield so much.

Most of the poor signings listed are from a time when there is no way she was involved as much as she has been since 2017 when Emenalo left. That might even be one of the reasons they got rid of him and gave her more input. Really don't get all the stick people are giving her. She's done very well and made them much stronger financially, which it's her job to do. Roman hasn't pumped money into that club in years, not that you can any more. City are the only top team who still do that thru a dodgy sponsorship with a related company.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 23, 2020 9:15 AM BST
Kovavic is just a normal player not worth 40 mil, they are terrible in the transfer market on the whole in regards to player purchases, recruitment department very very poor, Arsenal not much better last few years,  think Liverpool have signed 3 or 4 players who were not world class when they bought them but are now, Coutinho as well was in that bracket for a time, gone downhill now but still.
Report betting_masta August 23, 2020 5:17 PM BST
"Kovacic - £40 mil" kovacic is world class, absolutely fantastic player. chelsea's best midfielder for the last 2 seasons.
Report betting_masta August 23, 2020 5:19 PM BST
if he's normal then there's a lot of normal out there. he's top tier in his position, he could play in any team and  not look out of place
Report lovegod August 24, 2020 1:28 PM BST
Didn't the fee they got for Courtois cover the Kepa cost?
Report dr . atkins August 24, 2020 3:57 PM BST
just look at the players she sold since been in the job anyone would love her at their club
Report lurka August 24, 2020 4:12 PM BST

Aug 24, 2020 -- 7:28AM, lovegod wrote:

Didn't the fee they got for Courtois cover the Kepa cost?

no. about half

Report lurka August 24, 2020 4:36 PM BST
Arsenal not much better in the transfer market? Eh not better at all. I'd love this woman to be running things at Arsenal. You think she'd have let star players run down contracts like Arsenal did? She'd have offloaded them once they weren't signing new deals and got money in the door for replacements. She seems to know her stuff when it comes to FFP rules too, which Arsenal are only getting to grips with after taking their eye off the ball for a few years.

Again, I'm baffled at how many people think a woman with zero footballing experience is selecting players for purchase over a number of men with experience. She is in charge of the money side and has done a great job.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 4:47 PM BST
Willian has just left on a free.
Report ffaith August 24, 2020 4:59 PM BST
Kepa got most of the flak for their defensive woes but the whole defensive set up was shocking and that is down to the gaffer.  Kepa may have been expensive but in goalie terms quite young I think it's too early to write him off.
Report lurka August 24, 2020 6:06 PM BST
Willian is 32 with no resale value and likely to have been a squad player next season when Frank gets some of his own players in. They offered him a contract which reflected that, which was smart, and he refused it.

A bit different from the likes of Ramsey, Sanchez and Ozil who would have commanded big fees.

Arsenal will be paying Willian 200k a week at age 35 with no resale value. But I suppose that's bad business by Chelsea and great by Arsenal is it? Like Luiz costing £34m incl wages for 2 years with no resale value was, yeah?
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 6:22 PM BST
Lampard tried desperately to keep him, club wouldn't offer him what Arsenal did.

However, Lampard insisted Chelsea have ‘done everything we can’ to try to keep the 70-cap Brazilian at Stamford Bridge, but Willian is understood to have rejected the Blues’ offers of a new two-year contract.

And they still let his contract run down when they could have got some money for him at 30 or 31 with 1/2 years left on his deal.

Courtois undersold, 31 mil for a 26 year old to, then they buy a lesser keeper for 71 mil when Bilbao probably would have taken a helluva lot less. Sold Ake for 20 mil, Bournemouth sell for 43 mil. Cuadradoa bit of a clanger as well.

But some of their buys are just terrible as per OP. I think drinkwater the worst, 35 mil, started 5 league games in two years.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 6:28 PM BST
Batshuayi another one , bought 4 years ago, also started just 5 league games, was 32 mil.
Some of these talent spotters want sacking. Morata should have been a red flag, always on the periphery at Madrid/Juve.
Report betting_masta August 24, 2020 6:59 PM BST
chelsea have a history of buying pap, long before MG. steve sidwell and scott parker spring to mind

Batshuayi is a good player but he doesn't play. he'd score 15+ goals if he played 38 games in a season

The main problem with PL clubs is the lack of patience. they'll sign someone and if he doesn't immediately perform they're on to the next target. as businesses they operate horrendously
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 7:05 PM BST
More of a case of the club signing a player, and Conte not rating him, not playing him, don't think he played much mon loan at Palace either, he's not good enough to start for a top top club.
Report lurka August 24, 2020 9:42 PM BST
Chelsea offered Willian a fair deal and he thought he'd make more money, in what is his last chance to earn big bucks before he never makes as much money again in his life, if he got a 3 year deal elsewhere. Why would they offer what Arsenal did? Forget about the wages bump because he's a free transfer, why would you offer a 32yo 3 years? Arsenal offered ridiculous money and it's more than likely he will be a waste of wages for at least one year of that deal at 35 on in his last year.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45113124 Kepa release clause Darren
Batshuayi 4 years ago, talent spotters, what TF has Marina got to do with any of that? Is hse a talent spotter now as well? She got most of the money for Morata back, not her job to pick players, but it IS her job to get the best price for players leaving. But criticise her for that if you want. Same with Costa, 2 players surplus to requirements at Chelsea and she got most of the money back.

The thread is not about the players Chelsea have selected for transfer despite some mugs on here thinking Marina is responsible for that. You think a club the size of Chelsea is going to let a woman with less experience than Alex Scott tell the manager what players they are going to get in? They are a serious profit making Champions League level football club, not the BBC or Sky on some diversity train FFS.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 9:54 PM BST
that's not the point, you said they'd not let star players run their contract down, he was a star player at that time who ran his contract down and left for nothing, Willian even in his last year was one of their much better performers. I mean when you're 30 with 2 years left, you have sale value, not astronomical, but still, think even. Chelsea wanted him to stay, they kept offering him a new contract, and got £0 for him.

Where did I say this women had anything to do with Batshuayi 4 years ago exactly? I said some of these talent spotters, if I meant her I'd have said SHE. I am talking about the club, never even heard of this women til this thread. Don't know who Alex Scott is either, and don't care. Incidentally, Batshuayi is not in his last year now, they should sell, otherwise that's another to leave on a free, though of course he's no star performer.
Report lurka August 24, 2020 10:16 PM BST
The thread is about her, and you're constantly giving out about their transfer policy on it.

Lampard obviously doesn't have Willian in his plans, he's signed Ziyech, going after Havertz and has Mount and Pulisic. If he was in his plans he'd have got a better deal and not let him leave. He's not, just like Luiz wasn't.
Report lurka August 24, 2020 10:17 PM BST
Why are you harping on about Chelsea's transfer policy on a thread about their CFO if it has nothing to do with her then?
Report lurka August 24, 2020 10:20 PM BST
Keep Willian for a year because we can't afford to let anyone else leave because we can't sign replacements and our best player is leaving. we need all the players we have and then we'll wheel and deal next summer. Just ignore that completely and say they let his contract run down.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 10:21 PM BST
don't care if the thread is about her, I'm talking about their transfers in general as the OP lists them. Willian was offered a new contract, of course no guaranteed starter, but again that is besides the point when you said they don't let players run contracts down which they had here, granted it's one key performer but it has happened. All clubs should not allow players to get past 2 years without resigning or then being told they'd sell if they don't. They can of course refuse to go, but if they're not being played, that affects them playing for their countries and personal sponsors, club lose as well but the player far more. Ramsey at Arsenal was indeed a shocking one.
Report lurka August 24, 2020 10:39 PM BST
They got a new manager in, who seems to favour young players. He may have wanted Willian gone last Summer if this Summer is anything to go by, but given they couldn't sign anyone and his best attacker was leaving, he kept him while they had bucketloads of money from not being able to spend and getting CL. Totally understandable in the circumstances from a football and Marina's (financial) point of view.

The transfers quoted in the OP were footballing mistakes which she is not responsible for and she's more than made up for anything she had to do with them by the amounts she's got in for flops they've sold.

'She's Russian, must be good friends with him.' Don't tell me you weren't implying that she was responsible for these signing those players with that comment, the first response on the thread. You swallowed the OP's BS whole without a clue what you were talking about
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 24, 2020 11:05 PM BST
Why are you always so angry and aggressive lurka? you're not in the courtroom now. Last few threads it's my posts you've highlighted or referenced and then taken the opposite view, yet you have the cheek to call me contrarian.

I'd never heard of her, the OP is a Chelsea fan and knows more about the club than me, it's not even important who signed them, they are terrible signings, and the talent spotters are indeed terrible on the whole recently.

You said that Chelsea don't let top players run down their contract, here they clearly have, they got nothing for him, and they offered him a new deal, so they should have sold as his contract was running down, 2 years ago when he came to two years to go, he was their 4th most played player in the league that season.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com