Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rommel
20 Jun 20 07:35
| Topic/replies: 16,156 | Blogger: rommel's blog
..so Roy youd be punching your teammates every match then?at club and int level?so where are all the stories of you beating up a teammate every match,for utd and ire?it might make for good telly but get a grip,the legend doesnt need this many false eggs in it,grow the f up
Pause Switch to Standard View Roy Keane is getting to be a bit of a...
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 20, 2020 8:41 AM BST
Have to disagree Rom.  I know you're a Liverpool fan and don't have a good word to say about United.  I've loved United since I was  a kid but can see that you have a fantastic team and deserve to win the league. (There that wasn't hard was it?)

I think Keane is right, how Olly keeps picking this keeper is beyond me.  yes make a couple of howlers in a season but 7 or 8 howlers?  Just pick Romero in goal it's simple Olly.

Harry Maguire another one, yes he's decent enough but look at Van **** he's a mile in front of him so United fans shouldn't rave about the Great Harry Maguire when he's about a 7/10 defender.

Keane's passionate and yes can be outspoken but I agree.  This is Manchester United and the mistakes from the keeper is just ridiculous.

Enjoy your League Title, long overdue.
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:47 AM BST
Lou youre missing the point,anyone will and does make mistakes(shocker by ddg),if theyre not trying you might well feel like bawling them out whatever
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:48 AM BST
di he say anything about the bruno dive?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 20, 2020 8:51 AM BST
rommel

Yes it was a dive I agree.  That said are you HONESTLY telling me Liverpool's forwards don't dive?  HONESTLY??
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:52 AM BST
course they do and when they do they should be panned for it as i'm panning bf for it now
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:54 AM BST
ddg needs a kick up the arse,dropping or moving on,rashford was awful
Report jedi sophie June 20, 2020 8:54 AM BST
Couldn't disagree more Rommel.

Keane spot on.

Since DDG pinned down Utd for his monster deal hes been pathetically poor. Similar to keeper that arrived, weak,timid,poor.

Henderson at Sheff utd is imo a far superior goalkeeper right now, never mind next season or whenever.

But hey just making a point, I hope they keep him in and he keeps throwing them in too.
Report jedi sophie June 20, 2020 8:55 AM BST
Seen double decker buses turn quicker than big Harry.

85 m pounds....ExcitedLaughHappyGrin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 20, 2020 8:56 AM BST
Unfortunately all the players do it.  Hopefully VAR most times gets it right as they can look at it repeatedly but an odd one will slip through the net.

To be fair even the Pen' United got was a bit soft I think.  Was it a Penalty?  I'd say Yes but not exactly a big foul was it.
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:57 AM BST
jed i agrre ddg is poor,but you dont punch the c for making mistakes,you do something about it,drop him whatever,now if hes just plain not putting it all in,chop his fkn legs off,get him out the club
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 20, 2020 8:58 AM BST
jedi

That's what I mean ...........'The Great harry Maguire'.  £85 Million?  Not much better than average just tall and good in the air.
Report rommel June 20, 2020 8:59 AM BST

Jun 20, 2020 -- 2:55AM, jedi sophie wrote:

Seen double decker buses turn quicker than big Harry.85 m pounds....

id have preferred oil tanker,but dd bus not bad

Report sparrow June 20, 2020 9:01 AM BST
Keane has never recovered since he himself was punched by Brian Clough.
Report G Hall June 20, 2020 9:01 AM BST
I would say Keane was wound up before the game with all this BLM BS and players kneeling etc, I'd say it pi s sess him off like it does most people, and that he was going to vent his anger on any player who messed up
Report jedi sophie June 20, 2020 9:05 AM BST
Controversial thought that one...

Keane is always angry. There throwing cash at him or he would have nowt to do with the modern game imo.
Report Latalomne June 20, 2020 9:12 AM BST
I like the fact that he cares so much.  There are too many instances in the modern game where players appear to not really give two shiny $hites, so long as they're picking up their ridiculous wage cheques. 

As Liverpool fans, it's surely a beautiful thing to witness?!  A sure-fire sign that they're nowhere near us.
Report rommel June 20, 2020 9:21 AM BST
hes a seething fkn mess and talk a lot of b*******,some good points too mind
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 20, 2020 9:25 AM BST
I like him, wish he was on the coaching staff at United.  He can surely only improve things by getting them to play with a bit more heart and desire.  If he punched a couple too then fair enough by me.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 20, 2020 9:33 AM BST
He’s straight talking to much for some now days people can’t take it

That’s why in 2020 he could never managed again imo he’s too old school

Nothing wrong with old school Happy
Report rommel June 20, 2020 9:34 AM BST
id love him to be at your place too Lou,youve had some low points over the last few years but fk me that would be surrender
Report Try My Best June 20, 2020 10:54 PM BST
He sees standards that have slipped a mile since he was playing and players on wages that frankly are way over their abilities. He was spot on about Maguire and the keeper. Going through the motions and they don't give a shat really.
Report Try My Best June 20, 2020 10:56 PM BST
He sees standards that have slipped a mile since he was playing and players on wages that frankly are way over their abilities. He was spot on about Maguire and the keeper. Going through the motions and they don't give a shat really.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 20, 2020 11:45 PM BST
hardly surprising players are off the pace, just had the longest ever break in English football and it showed.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 20, 2020 11:57 PM BST
Or on the other hand some players were outstanding on their first game back.

Liam Moore was absolute perfect today for Reading and a credit to his captaincy and his role in the community. Ok the late goal showed up the rest of the team.

The man is amazing.
Report sonofshinner June 21, 2020 12:16 PM BST
couldnt see keane punching the likes of stevie bruce cantona etc..not with his physigue..
Report Try My Best June 21, 2020 12:38 PM BST
Punched Schmeical and he was a darn sight bigger than Bruce and Cantona
Report sparrow June 21, 2020 3:20 PM BST
Just an ignorant thug as he always has been.
Report unitedbiscuits June 21, 2020 3:35 PM BST
Agree Roy Keane is becoming a comedy act - Mr Combustible.

Rather hypocritical too. Spurs was just the sort of game where - in those circumstances - Manchester United would not have been on their mettle in the days when Keane was SAF's captain.
Report Try My Best June 21, 2020 10:10 PM BST
Premier League: 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03[186]
FA Cup: 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
FA Community Shield: 1993, 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
Celtic

Scottish Premier League: 2005–06
Scottish League Cup: 2005–06

Would have loved this thug to have played for my side. I think he's well qualified to judge players.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 21, 2020 10:50 PM BST
barely won more trophies than Phil Neville.

he's just an angry man, always angry and for no reason, been a multi millionaire for years but wants a fight with everyone lol.

Keane was an OK player, not naturally talented or anywhere near Giggs, Beckham or Scholes level but put his foot in  and got the team going.

silly to lose your mind when players are coming back from the longest ever break in English football.
Report Coachbuster June 21, 2020 11:00 PM BST
maybe he suffers from ODD

Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia
Report Try My Best June 21, 2020 11:01 PM BST
An OK player! . You are entitled to your opinion. I think P Neville can thank his lucky stars that he played in the same side as Keane.
Report Coachbuster June 21, 2020 11:03 PM BST
Angry and irritable mood:

Often and easily loses temper
Is frequently touchy and easily annoyed by others
Is often angry and resentful
Argumentative and defiant behavior:

Often argues with adults or people in authority
Often actively defies or refuses to comply with adults' requests or rules
Often deliberately annoys or upsets people
Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
Vindictiveness:

Is often spiteful or vindictive
Has shown spiteful or vindictive behavior at least twice in the past six months
Report Try My Best June 21, 2020 11:06 PM BST
That's all short for WINNER.
Report n88uk June 22, 2020 12:56 AM BST
Keane is almost a caricature of himself these days. He's right in a lot of what he says, but will say it in OTT fashion.
Report Try My Best June 22, 2020 1:31 AM BST
What was that famous line. The truth is like poetry and most people hate poetry.
Report lurka June 22, 2020 9:19 AM BST
He's right as usual but over the top in how he says it. Still some younger folk think he was just an ordinary player. He was a beast of a player, amazing touch, weight of pass and choice of pass - something which will never show on any stats - nearly always chose the right, the smart pass. As Cruyff once said "Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.”

People talk about Scholes being the best midfielder ever. He looked that good because he had Keane or Butt in there beside him most of the time. Scholes wasn't even a midfielder, he was a striker who turned midfielder and couldn't tackle to save his life. An absolute liability in the tackle, sometimes diving in and missing man and ball he was that rash. Keane was capable of so much more going forward too, but he had a role to play to protect the defence on his own because Scholes wasn't going to protect it one bit.

Same with Gerrard and Lampard. They always had an anchorman like a Makelele or Alonso/Lucas in beside them who made them look a lot better but get zero credit. Makelele was another top class anchorman like Keane, never looked like he did anything special but one of the most important players in the team and massively decorated too. None of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard them were particularly good defensively or great tacklers. But you won't hear the English media give credit to the foreign guys in beside them or laud them as just as if not more important to the team.

Why do you think England underachieved with 3 of the supposed best midfielders ever all playing at the same time? Because they never had a Keane or a Makelele to play with them and balance the midfield. Instead they tried to shoehorn 2 or 3 of them into the team and the midfield was unbalanced and noen of them looked nearly as good.

Central midfield is the most important area on the pitch and there is no player who can do it all on his own. You need a balanced partnership and you can't give all the credit to just one player without recognising the role of the other.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 22, 2020 10:00 AM BST
he was a water carrier, bit like Deschamps, just a high calibre of a water carrier than the normal player, described himself as ordinary player.
Report sonofshinner June 22, 2020 10:58 AM BST
keane been diagnosed with L.M.S.
Report lurka June 22, 2020 1:46 PM BST
Bóllocks he was a water carrier. He was a Rolls Royce of a midfielder, a top midfielder in the world by the age of 20, there's a reason they broke the then transfer fee to sign him and it was a big fee back then especially for a 20yo and the likes of Blackburn and Arsenal wanted him too. He displaced Steve Hodge in the team at Forest in his first season age 19, an England international in his prime, and went straight into central midfield of the champions at 20 and stayed there. You have to be a special player to play central midfield at that level at 20. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes were nowhere near that level at that age.

He was box to box and only became more defensive to accomodate Scholes who couldn't defend to save his life. For every quote there is about Scholes there's one about Keane and numerous players highlight the accuracy of his passing and say he was the best passer they every played with/against.

People seem to remember him as a sideways passer but he always looked to start attacks and get the ball forward. People also remember him as a dirty player and for the Haaland and Vieira tunnel incidents, when the reality was he was a very disciplined player with Scholes and Vieira being much dirtier and more indisciplined players and it wasn't even Scholes job to tackle. Keane was smart, you'd boot him and he'd get you in the next tackle, he wouldn't react. You'd give Vieira a boot and he'd lose the head and grab you by the throat, much more of a hothead than Keane.

Keane and Makelele are two of the most irreplaceable players in PL history and stand head and shoulders above similar midfielders imo. Every PL winning side has one but those two stand out a mile for me. The likes of Kante and Makelele only reached the top level from about 25 but Keane was doing it from 19/20 onwards.

Best midfielder, best captain and best leader I've ever seen in the PL.
Report rommel June 22, 2020 1:53 PM BST
fine player,shouldnt be talking pony now tho
Report Angoose June 22, 2020 1:57 PM BST
I suspect that there is a Mr Angry clause included in his various punditry contracts.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 22, 2020 2:13 PM BST
Keane was a water carrier, he did nothing special as a player, he had no natural ability to do things world class players can do, he couldn't dribble with the ball, had no pace, had no technical ability when it came to hitting the ball, making a great Beckham-esque pass, he got it, gave it to better more creative players, got it, gave it to better more creative players. His strengths were hard work, determination, reading the game, all the things you can work at. Signed because Fergie needed that type of person rather than player in the team.

Viera was a far better player.
Report ffaith June 22, 2020 2:14 PM BST
Watching yesterday's match I had to reach for the mute button listening to carragher and neville's endless drivel.  If anybody talks pony its those 2 not Keane.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 22, 2020 2:16 PM BST
btw Viera only had 1 more red than Keane and 5 more yellows, Keane also received 1 red for every 1913 minutes played, Veira received 1 red for every 2308 minutes played.
Report rommel June 22, 2020 2:25 PM BST
the more sh*** he tals on telly the less likely he is to be employed at any level in the sport
Report rommel June 22, 2020 2:26 PM BST
talks*
Report Shanelee1966 June 22, 2020 3:27 PM BST
Great player but racist in regards to McCarthy world cup.
Report betting_masta June 22, 2020 5:08 PM BST
when he's about a 7/10 defender.

3/10*
Report Try My Best June 22, 2020 5:42 PM BST
McCarthy totally out of order accusing him of faking injury. Keane was right again and showed what poor management skills the manager had. No wonder he got the blast.
Report roache June 22, 2020 11:18 PM BST
I remember when Keane burst on to the scene at Forest and he was a brilliant box to box midfielder with loads of energy and scoring plenty of goals and then later at Utd became more of a holding midfielder and dictating the play as they had others bombing on.
Report thelatarps June 25, 2020 11:01 PM BST
In a world full of bullsh1t, Keane is the perfect antidote.
More power to him.
Report HGS June 25, 2020 11:15 PM BST
Even as a Pool fan, I am in full agreement with laptarps!

And fwiw, a better player than Vieira.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 25, 2020 11:50 PM BST
Laugh
Report HGS June 25, 2020 11:56 PM BST
Thought you might be back darren. All about opinions. And just to be clear Vieira was an excellent player. Just know who I would rather of had. Happy
Report MJK July 19, 2020 7:20 PM BST
Keane was right Laugh
Report G Hall July 19, 2020 7:29 PM BST
He most certainly was.
Report Kriskin July 19, 2020 8:23 PM BST
De Gea & Maguire will get Ole the sack.  He surely must know that now.  Surely he doesn't need Keane to shout it out again.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 19, 2020 8:49 PM BST
the sack lol, the hierarchy and money men don't care about the FA Cup, it's not 1984 anymore, they will give Ole a pay rise if he gets top 4, that's the priority and it showed in the team sheet.
Report Kriskin July 19, 2020 9:14 PM BST
My point has nothing to do with FA Cup.  Please read the context
Report Crisp77 July 19, 2020 9:43 PM BST
If they had a boxing match, chances are de Gea wouldn't lay a glove on him.
Report rommel July 19, 2020 9:52 PM BST
Roy should be chewing Oles fkn legs off for that,major screw up
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 19, 2020 10:06 PM BST
Maguire wont get United the sack, they're generally good performers and United have been on a really good long run, what will get him the sack is if he starts next season poorly and well adrift by Xmas and that'd be most likely because they haven't recruited well, James I don't think is good enough, Lingaard is not United standard and has been there too long, he's more Palace/Southampton level, Pogba will likely leave and they will need a big signing to replace him, but if they're not top 4 that'd be very hard, Maguire needs a Ferdinand type alongside him, De Gea maybe time to move back to Spain, not sure what Fred brings to the party. With the current squad they have they can't finish higher than 3rd, miles of Liverpool and City.
Report G Hall December 31, 2020 1:20 AM GMT

Jul 19, 2020 -- 3:43PM, Crisp77 wrote:

If they had a boxing match, chances are de Gea wouldn't lay a glove on him.

Wonder what he thinks about united now, second in the league

Report G Hall March 4, 2021 10:08 PM GMT
It seems he was right about Liverpool slipping, and Klopp didn't like it.
Report rothko March 4, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
yes you have to be feckin nostradamus to predict that liverpool would slip after losing their 3 centre halfs
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 4, 2021 11:21 PM GMT
rothko

Big team like Liverpool should have good replacements like all of the other top sides have.  Not a shot at the keeper tonight playing at home?
Report G Hall March 5, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
The alarm bell rang after the Watford walloping last season,the writing was on the wall after the villa game and klopps reaction was to laugh, he's not laughing now.
Report moisok March 5, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
spot on g hall  -  I layed the draw expecting a liverpool goal fest and easy win  etc  you can imagine the panic  here!!  But it turned out nice  as they say    but they have lost a lot of players as well
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com