Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
24 May 20 22:19
| Topic/replies: 18,611 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
If its not live I tend to find it more relaxing just checking the score

If its live I find myself wanting to put my foot through the screen Laugh
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Does anyone else find watching the...
Show More
Report betting_masta May 24, 2020 10:55 PM BST
yes. it actually makes me a worse trader/bettor. i tend to win on games i'm not watching as i can be emotionless and bet with logic and reasoning. if i watch a game i tend not to want to act. i also have limiting beliefs like if i'm watching a game i can stop a goal going in. yes i know that sounds mental but that is my own psychology. that doesn't help me when trying to win. i do try and watch games because there's an edge to it, and you've also got to remind yourself sometimes how a game flows and actually how boring a lot of football matches are but i don't think it's 100% that you have to watch the game to win on it. you've got to find what works for you.
Report lord skywalker May 24, 2020 11:24 PM BST
i dont normally watch if im trading instead  i have flashscores bleeping or a screen opended on 365 but today i watched the hamburg game and yes with no fans it was highly stressful, i wont be making that mistake again
Report SontaranStratagem May 25, 2020 3:37 AM BST
Lord

I think its the same with fans as well, there's something about seeing a 1 on 1 missed that makes me want to just cash out and be done with it, the missed penalty in the Koln game, and the Dinamo Minsk game yesterday, the amount of 1 on 1s missed by Minsk was soul destroying

If I'm not watching it makes it easier somehow, don't know what's happening if I'm just scrolling from one tab to another
Report SontaranStratagem May 25, 2020 3:38 AM BST
The flip side to that of course is seeing a corner being swung over and some beaut getting his head on it for a 90th minute winning bet

GrinExcited

That feeling is pretty good however Laugh
Report betting_masta May 26, 2020 9:36 PM BST
i watched all 3 bundesliga games this evening at once and honestly it helped massively, i would have missed good opportunities in the frankfurt game which i instead took because the game was so OPEN and i could see it with my own eyes. i think you've got to just ultimately keep the faith in what you are doing whatever and that a goal will come eventually
Report betting_masta May 26, 2020 9:37 PM BST
that said even if you followed the stats on that game they were INSANE. ultimately being successful trading or betting football is about being patient and waiting for the right opportunities and taking them when they come, a bit like the game
Report betting_masta May 26, 2020 9:39 PM BST
if you genuinely love the game and know the game then you can be a success at it, no doubt in my mind, but you have  to learn how to win at it, and success comes from failure
Report mecca May 28, 2020 11:42 AM BST
I find that betting on corners is more stressful ... when you're on overs, there seems to be loads of situations that you think will definitely lead to a corner. Or deflections off defenders that could go anywhere .... don't go out for a corner. The opposite happens when on unders.
Report SontaranStratagem May 28, 2020 2:29 PM BST
Great advice betting masta

Same here mecca, I have the worst trait a gambler could have in that I get emotional Sad

Esp missed penalties which seem to trigger me massively Cry
Report cricketnut2 May 29, 2020 9:27 PM BST
If you've had a bet, then it can become stressful, especially if the game goes against your bet.
Report betting_masta June 4, 2020 3:39 PM BST
how you deal with losses is probably the most important thing
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com