Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
12 Jan 20 20:18
| Topic/replies: 11,558 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Who would you back to win if your life depended on it?

I can't stand Liverpool to be honest but they are a teriffic team.  We also know how good Man City are and I'm a United fan!

IMO though City are that bit better and whilst you Liverpool and City fans will be biased (which is a shame rather than simply be honest) I have no reason to favour either of them.

Don't get me wrong Liverpool could well beat them but if it were over say 5 games and my life depended on it for me City are the better of the two.

UNBIASED thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View If it were Liverpool v City in...
Show More
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
If you would back the current city team to beat the current liverpool team with your life, I'd advise making sure your next of kin have life insurance or give up betting as the less dramatic option.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:14 PM GMT
Who you support Wolf may I ask?
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:16 PM GMT
The clue is in my username Happy
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:18 PM GMT
wolf

i could say the same to you though.

It's just my opinion hope that's ok with you!

Even at Liverpool's own ground a couple of months ago I think from memory the bookies (who are 100% unbiased!)had City as favourites so on a neutral ground the unbiased bookies would definitely make City favourites.  Why do you think that is!!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 12, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
liverpool if it were tomorrow

but things change, confidence and injuries ...
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:25 PM GMT
We had a thread discussing the madness of the odds in the Liverpool/city match some time back where many of us piled into backing pool or laying city. Quite simply the odds were wrong as we saw from the result … if you honestly think a team 14 points behind lpool having played a game more are " that much better " you need your head testing. I dont support either city or pool but it's quite obvious unless there is a guide dog/white stick present that Liverpool are a better side. It slightly grates on me they don't get the credit they deserve because of what amounts to irrational hatred instead of logic. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't surprise me you're a united fan like your mate on the nice and easy thread one percenter... as you say yourself you hate Liverpool and Im convinced if they would win every game 10-0 for the next 5 years United fans would claim city or whoever were better
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:27 PM GMT
Perhaps you can clarify other than bookies odds, on what basis city are " that little bit better " than unbeaten Liverpool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:29 PM GMT
Also City are favourites by about 4/1 against 5/1 Liverpool to win The Champions League.  They both have very similar draws in the next round (both Madrid sides) so once again Why are City favourites according to the UNBIASED bookies?

Everything points to the fact that City are just the better of the two.

Like I said a gun at my head and they're going to shoot me if I'm wrong? ......... I'll go with Man City.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:31 PM GMT
wolf:

So WHY do the UNBIASED bookies make City favourites over Liverpool?
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:32 PM GMT
no idea why unbiased bookies make city favourites .. call them and ask them
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
Incidentally most rational people would say the best team wins the league over 38 games so if city are the better side as you imply, lump on them at currently 20-1 .. all the best with it Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
It's a business they are running and City are made favourites suggesting they are in fact the better team.

Betfair is used by thousands of gamblers, look at the odds for who wins Champions League ..........
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:35 PM GMT
The title says  IF IT WERE THE FINAL AND YOU HAD TO CHOOSE THE WINNER WITH A GUN AT YOUR HEAD.

We can see Liverpool will win by a distance this year and they are a very good team I'm not disputing that.

I just think that City can be sensational whereas Liverpool not quite so.
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:38 PM GMT
so we will ignore the battering city got at liverpools hands, the fact they are so far behind them in the league they need a telescope to view them and just focus on bookies odds to determine who is better.. makes perfect sense. Wolves for eg beat city home and away.. Ive seen both teams first hand and can also see the results both clubs have had over this season. It doesn't matter whether your posts are in caps lock or not, Liverpool are clearly a better side whether you choose to accept it or not and most logical people in the scenario you describe with a gun at your head would choose Liverpool. I'm quite happy to back Liverpool to beat city at a neutral venue regardless of how many angry United fans are pushing pools odds out
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:39 PM GMT
and to clarify, I neither dislike or like Liverpool
Report roache January 12, 2020 10:42 PM GMT
City will not win the Champions league they always fail when it comes down to the crunch as they are not solid enough defensively and they have not even come close to reaching a final yet, 1 semi final appearance in how many years of trying,laughably they have been made favourites by the bookies in the last couple of seasons but this is only because its the British bookies.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:42 PM GMT
wolf "most people" wouldn't back Liverpool over City though?

The only FACT we have is that I voted City and you Liverpool which is 50/50 so far.

That's hardly "most" is it!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:44 PM GMT
roache:

Could you answer my question though please and I trust you'll be unbiased,

If you HAD TO CHOOSE with a gun at your head the winner of a Final between City and Liverpool who would you have on your side?

Thanks
Report roache January 12, 2020 10:45 PM GMT
Liverpool far better side defensively so its a no brainer for an unbiased Roache
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:47 PM GMT
fair enough roache thanks.

You're not a Liverpool fan are you?
Report roache January 12, 2020 10:48 PM GMT
No
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:49 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2020 -- 4:42PM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

wolf "most people" wouldn't back Liverpool over City though?The only FACT we have is that I voted City and you Liverpool which is 50/50 so far.That's hardly "most" is it!

I think you're on the windup as no one sober or of sound mind would think city are a better side than Liverpool. The only facts you need to concern yourself with is Liverpool battered city , are 14 points ahead of them and as a United fan you can't accept it. I get the hatred for a former rival but this is the ultimate looking through blinkers stuff- can you answer as I asked earlier, on what criteria other than bookies odds are city a better side?

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:55 PM GMT
Well firstly wolf I'm not deliberately going against Liverpool being a United fan.  I'm in may late fifties not some idiot yob fan.

Yes Liverpool beat them earlier in season I know and yes they are a mile ahead in the league.

But apart from your yob/childish saying "I don't know why the bookies make then favourites ask them" . what a childish idiotic remark  the only FACTS are that UNBIASED BOOKIES who are running a business and thousands of punters hwo make up the Betfair market make them favourites to win Champions League.

You seem to make your statements to read as fact but they are just your opinion. no one sober or of sound mind would think city are a better side than Liverpool.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:57 PM GMT
That's why I was hoping to get a good few replies to see hopefully unbiased how many would plump for each team.

So far there's only three votes, yes it's 2-1 Liverpool but that's not much of a cross section even you'd have to agree!
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 10:57 PM GMT
How much did you win on backing city who started as favourites in the league game this season Lou? You know those unbiased bookies running a business who made city favourites Crazy
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 10:59 PM GMT
I didn't have a bet in the match at all.

You seem childish, young.  May I ask your age please?
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:01 PM GMT
Can I ask what nursing home you're in Lou as you seem either to be special needs or suffering from some debilitating condition that affects your cognitive functioning. Take my advice- give up betting as you're utterly clueless and seem mildly retarded
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:03 PM GMT
For a third time, on what criteria are city a better side than Liverpool? Are you simply too stupid to answer or just deliberately assuming the role of a cabbage in order to fish for reactions on here? I don't care what the odds are, if the odds were correct in every single game what the hell are you doing betting on anything as you can't hope to ever make any kind of profit.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 11:03 PM GMT
again wolf a childish remark.

Ill answer your question then PLEASE CAN YOU DO THE SAME FOR ME AND BE HONEST - Thank you.

I live with my wife, I'm not special needs, have no debillidating condition, and am nether clueless or mildly retarded.
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:04 PM GMT
Why are you ranting in caps lock Lou?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 11:04 PM GMT
My question was ... HOW OLD ARE YOU??
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:05 PM GMT
Why are you interested in my age , are you gay? What has my age to do with some idiot blabbering away in caps lock incapable of accepting Liverpool are a better side than city?
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:06 PM GMT
Say it slowly to yourself Lou , your nemesis Liverpool are the best side in the country and you're going nowhere under Solskjaer - if the stress gets too much call a nurse Cry
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 11:09 PM GMT
Another childish remark "Are you gay"?

I'll answer anoter question of yours then PLEASE that's PLEASE can you answer mine that's only fair surely.

My criteria on picking City of the two (yes Liverpool are very good too)is I just think going forward they are sensational from midfield right up to forwards whereas Liverpool have three great forwards with not such a good midfield or as good a strength in depth.

PLEASE can you now answer my simple question as I get the impression (I may be wrong) you are a teenager or in your twenties?

Thank you
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:12 PM GMT
Im 41 Lou , but if you are interested in asking men you dont know their age can I respectfully request you go to other sites for that or maybe engage in a bit of role play with your wife to fulfil these bizarre "interests" you seem to have.

As I have said , you can believe Liverpool are inferior to city .. it makes no difference to me but it gives hope to us all that people like you are on here to bet against.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 12, 2020 11:13 PM GMT
wolf

Thanks for at least replying fair enough.

I hope they meet in the final then we'll pick it up then.
Report wolf3011 January 12, 2020 11:14 PM GMT
ok lou fair enough .. have a good evening
Report Capt__F January 12, 2020 11:27 PM GMT
never knew Lou a gay boy like HFT

nothing wrong in that btw

Up The Gay Boys
Report tobermory January 12, 2020 11:30 PM GMT
I would say Liverpool are the better team now, so I'd back them, but there's not much in it.

Sane and Laporte are missed by City.

I certainly wouldn't read points gap in the league table literally. That can have momentum of its own and it is perhaps easier to keep piling up wins when you have a huge lead.

2 years ago City got 100 pts and Liverpool were on 70 odd. City were clearly the better team then, but Liverpool beat them 3 times in a row and the teams were much more closely matched than the league table  indicated.
Report lurka January 13, 2020 8:05 AM GMT
Liverpool were a shade the better team for me last season overall and the gap is wider this season. City miss a couple of their injured players and Kompany is a big loss for them too, not that he was brilliant for them on the pitch in his last couple of years. I don't think they are working as hard for Pep this year either and a few of their players aren't in top form.

I wouldn't read anything into City's prices either. The market ignores the fact that certain teams know how to play against them and hurt them and Liverpool are probably the best at that. This has been reflected in the odds for the CL the last 3 years. I'd give City a better chance in a final than over 2 legs as it is away goals conceded that have really cost them in the CL but I'd still want to be on Liverpool. A bit like the game at Anfield this season I think City would have to take most of their chances and Liverpool's attackers would create more against City than vice versa.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 13, 2020 11:06 AM GMT
I would say the view city would win in the final is probably due to the styles of play as a Liverpool fan I would say city are easier on the eye and use possession in the final third better than Liverpool

By that I mean they will pin back lesser teams for a more prolonged period and string many more passes together around opposition final third
Liverpool are more effective or equal too city all over the pitch individually and collectively in defense

Collectively equal as a unit in midfield and again equal possibly better collectively in attack if they played five times at a neutral location I’d take Liverpool to come out on top

It’s just a matter of opinions I guess
Report SontaranStratagem January 13, 2020 11:29 AM GMT
Right now Liverpool

They'd grind City down and beat them through German efficiency

But that's now, football is so fickle, one season a team can be totally dominant and unbeatable the next they could be struggling with no confidence
Report ffaith January 13, 2020 1:29 PM GMT
kloop is the better manager IMO.  Better recruitment.   His buys at goalkeeper, left back, centre half, wide forwards and centre forward are better than pep's buys in the same position.   In fact none of the city greats(yaya,merlin, kdb, kun, kompany, sterling)are pep buys.  I also think kloop has the edge in tactics, motivation, man management and mental resolve.  Its the redmen for me as they have the best manager in the world IMO
Report loui January 13, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
Find it hard to believe a. man u fan wants Liverpool to get to the champs lge final. Man City have constantly choked in this comp for years. They could easily melt again, against a side that's been in last 2 finals, winning 1 of them. They do have a brilliant midfield though, but our defence is better. Our forward lines not bad either
Report SontaranStratagem January 13, 2020 7:14 PM GMT
Klopp is a better man manager that is for sure

Peppy always looks like he's about to strangle someone
Report loui January 13, 2020 7:52 PM GMT
He always seems close to losing it in post or pre match interviews lately
Report lfc1971 January 13, 2020 9:00 PM GMT
I’m not quite sure why liverpool are doing so well to be honest
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 8:04 AM GMT
World class defenders and goalkeeper,world class forwards and a very good hard working midfield.
Top manager who has created such a positive attitud and just does not put up with any sign of complacency.

Add all that up and it's not difficult .

As for a Ch league final, hard to pick the winner if Laporte is playing.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 14, 2020 8:54 AM GMT
budd:

But aren't you just highlighting one side there.  Couldn't the same be said for City:

World Class Forwards and goalkeeper, World Class Midfield, a decent defence with a fantastic manager?
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 9:10 AM GMT
I don’t think Liverpool’s defence is world class, it’s midfield isn’t certainly and I don’t think it’s forwards are either
Report mcfc1981 January 14, 2020 9:32 AM GMT
Everyone fit for both teams city would be favs in the bookies eyes prob 60/40 ......I would have it more 50/50
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 10:21 AM GMT
Lou
I was replying to 1971,s post re not sure why Liverpool are doing that well.

Of course City have many world class players and a top manager,that's why i said it's hard to pick the winner.
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 10:27 AM GMT
You say you don't think Liverpool's defence and forwards are world class,and that's your right,plus the midfield certainly ain't.
I disagree so fair enough.
It does appear though that the media,pundits etc tend to side with my opinion,still it's all about opinions.
I would suggest also that results on the pitch tend to say that currently Liverpool are the best side in England,Europe and the world.

Having said that,I do think had Laporte Been fit all season City would be a heck of a lot closer than they are now in the league.
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 10:50 AM GMT
Buddelia just as  a small example.  when I look at a player such as deloufeu who plays for Watford , and compare him to Mane
I know Deloufeu is the more talented footballer
So how does that work out ?
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 11:17 AM GMT
How does that work out?

Well firstly your saying you know Deloufeu is the more talented has to be proven, and bear in mind i imagine a lot of people would not know that,or think it.

But lets saying we had definite proof he was more talented......then really its a case of Mane attracting the manager of Liverpool to being a vital piece of the jigsaw he is creating for his club and Deloufeu not(as far as i know).
So Mane joins a more high profile club playing in the top competitions and plays a big part in that club improving and then winning major competitions.
Meanwhile Deloufeu is playing for Watford.
Maybe had Liverpool signed him instead it may be the other way round.

As far as i know not one top side has tried to buy him,so that may tell its own story,but maybe i am wrong on that.
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 11:32 AM GMT
You are confusing success with talent , the two do not always go together
Of course it is a matter of judgement
When I look at Deloufeu and Mane
I know Deloufeu is the more talented footballer
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 11:45 AM GMT
We could look at other players in the team , Henderson , Robertson ....
And compare them to players from lesser teams
It’s a bit of a mystery quite why liverpool are doing sooo well
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 11:47 AM GMT
Milner, Wijnaldum ....?
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 11:49 AM GMT
Lallana ...?
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 11:50 AM GMT
Keiti , Origi
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2020 11:53 AM GMT

Jan 14, 2020 -- 5:45AM, lfc1971 wrote:

We could look at other players in the team , Henderson , Robertson ....And compare them to players from lesser teams It’s a bit of a mystery quite why liverpool are doing sooo well

ExcitedLaugh

Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 11:53 AM GMT
No confusion on my part.
Just trying to answer your question.
Its a team game and players have to fit into that team in a away that gives that team the best chance of success.
That means that their may be players playing for lesser teams that are more talented.
You know Deloufeu is one of those.

Fair enough.
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 11:56 AM GMT
Jurgen must be one heck of a manager !!
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2020 12:01 PM GMT
Something is very right everything seems to have clicked into place
Life’s like that , sometimes Happy
Report rommel January 14, 2020 12:08 PM GMT
i think jurgen uses "the sir alex ferguson handbook of hexes spells curses and potions"
Report howard January 14, 2020 12:13 PM GMT
Defenders are so much better at Liverpool. That's the big difference along with David Silva being nowhere near as good as he was.
Report themover January 14, 2020 1:04 PM GMT
Summising over one match in a knock-out competition is pointless. City would be favourites though assuming they had a full team out.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 14, 2020 1:08 PM GMT
mover

That's what I mean though why would City be favourites?  The bookies don't deliberately make the better of the two teams the outsider of the two, also weight of money on here where thousands and thousands of people would also make City slight favourites but why?

Like I said IMO as good as they both are I'd plump for City of the two and I'm a United fan and don't like either so no biasedness on my part.
Report loui January 14, 2020 1:28 PM GMT
If Deloufeu is that good why haven't one of the big clubs signed him. Cos he's a player who's in and out of form. Has plenty of skill without consistency. Mane,s asset is pace, is also very good with his head. Would be better to compare him to Mahrez in the ability stakes, there's only one winner there too.
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 1:37 PM GMT
Interesting that despite all evidence for a while now that points to Liverpool being the better side,the bookies make City favourites.
Maybe its all about Laporte??
I maintain that its too close to call with any confidence if Laporte plays.
He seems to be the one that cannot be replaced,and with him in the side they are so much better,without him they are 14 points inferior to Liverpool this season,probably 17 with equal games.
Report HGS January 14, 2020 1:37 PM GMT
Didn't Barcelona let Deloufeu go?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2020 1:37 PM GMT
To be fair this lost credibility as a topic when it said city and champs league final in the title
Report themover January 14, 2020 1:44 PM GMT
A bit like mentioning Liverpool and Premier league, touche Laugh
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2020 1:45 PM GMT
True lol
Report themover January 14, 2020 1:48 PM GMT
I don't think we'll have to worry about it as we've got Real Madrid to get past Cry
Report buddeliea January 14, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
Fancy City to do them
Report rommel January 14, 2020 2:02 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2020 -- 7:44AM, themover wrote:

A bit like mentioning Liverpool and Premier league, touche

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel January 14, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
mover youre still a limp sidekick
Report themover January 14, 2020 2:11 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2020 -- 7:56AM, buddeliea wrote:

Fancy City to do them

In order of the places to avoid : Anfield, Bernabeu, Nou Camp

Dreading the first leg tbh and I wouldn't be a backer to qualify at 1/2 but obviously hope we do.

Report themover January 14, 2020 2:11 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2020 -- 8:11AM, rommel wrote:

mover youre still a limp sidekick

Laugh

Report rommel January 14, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
whens laporte back?kun back is a great boost
Report themover January 14, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
Laporte expected back in February sometime, Sane back in training so both hopefully back for Feb.
Report themover January 14, 2020 2:16 PM GMT
The CL fixtures might actually fall well for City assuming no new injuries.
Report roache January 14, 2020 3:33 PM GMT
The bookies don't often get it wrong but sometimes they do like making City the favourites for last seasons champions league and making them favourites again in this season champions league,normally i do not even have to wait until May to collect as i always oppose City to win the champions league.
Report themover January 14, 2020 4:13 PM GMT
Laying Liverpool in the Premier League has been profitable over the years as well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com