Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
prepared83
01 Dec 19 17:57
| Topic/replies: 5,292 | Blogger: prepared83's blog
The lad is on fire at the moment, can't see how he can possibly be left out of the england squad for the euros.
Currently 9/4. Any views?
Pause Switch to Standard View Jack Grealish
Show More
Report portmanpark December 2, 2019 3:19 PM GMT
he offers something different...should go
Report Crisp77 December 2, 2019 3:38 PM GMT
He's waiting to see if Ireland get there first before making his decision
Report Coachbuster December 2, 2019 4:23 PM GMT
If you're from Greenland you're actually Greelish  ... not many folk know that
Report sofaking December 3, 2019 5:20 PM GMT
Thanks Coach. Did not know that. Happy
Report Crisp77 December 5, 2019 9:16 PM GMT
Shelvey got to be ahead of him now. Scoring for fun.
Report woundedknee December 5, 2019 10:56 PM GMT
Got to be given a game on recent form.. looks  a miles better prospect than Barclay... England have some serious youngsters coming thru... if only we had a proper Manager...Southgate has done well but i got no confidence with him in the Big games... as usual Wink
Report hello :-) December 5, 2019 11:54 PM GMT
great player , you only need to look at villa without him

offers so many options and has a bit of class , he will be there im sure with mings
Report Coachbuster December 5, 2019 11:57 PM GMT
very true hello ...villa were poor last season for a long period at the start  ...people forget
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 6, 2019 12:56 AM GMT
The most fouls won by PL players in 2019/20 season
Player Fouls won
Jack Grealish 60
Wilfried Zaha 47
James Maddison 39
John McGinn 36
Daniel James 33

4 players from The Championship
Report Crisp77 December 8, 2019 5:26 PM GMT

Dec 5, 2019 -- 3:16PM, Crisp77 wrote:

Shelvey got to be ahead of him now. Scoring for fun.

And another. Grealish may as well give Mick Mccarthy a call.

Report prepared83 January 1, 2020 3:01 PM GMT
Yet another superb performance, another goal and assist as well
Report stewarts rise January 1, 2020 3:06 PM GMT
Remember Crisp asking, "Were Man Utd really going to replace Pogba with Grealish?
A bit like comparing Paddy Crerand with Georgie Best!Grin
Report superjudge January 1, 2020 3:31 PM GMT
Grealish is quality
Report CLYDEBANK29 January 9, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
came across this today...

Chances created from open play

Premier League 2019/20 - English players only
Grealish
Sterling
Alexander-Arnold
Maddison
Rashford

That's just a clue to his importance to Villa, something that's illustrated by the fact he has created almost a quarter of all the chances they have had in the Premier League. By way of comparison, that's a similar level of influence to that which Kevin De Bruyne, statistically the competition's most creative player, is having at his club Manchester City.

Plus of course the latest most fouled data.

Premier League's most fouled players

2019/20 season
Grealish
Zaha
Maddison
Ayew
James
Traore
Report betting_masta January 9, 2020 7:11 PM GMT
he is very very good. if you look at his xG map it's really really good especially considering he's playing for a rubbish team. it would be interesting to see how he would cope at a bigger club with more expectation and competition. he can have a bad game for villa and get away with it but people will jump on him if he goes to manutd and doesn't perform. the lad is very talented but he's also got a history of injuries. if he keeps villa up then great. he could get a move either way somewhere in the summer because he is one of the better performing midfielders in the league and he's english and relatively young at 24.
Report betting_masta January 9, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
it's not really fair to compare him to KDB because KDB is firstly 4 years older and also plays for one of the best teams in the league.

using xG as a metric he's playing better than james maddison this season but then he is 2 years older so he should be.
mount is also not at jack's level yet. dele alli is comparable as he's a year younger than jack and in fairness jack is as good as and better at some things than alli.

grealish is a bit of an anomaly because there aren't many midfielders of his age playing well in the premier league so it's difficult to compare him with anybody  fairly

england have got some creative midfielders: alli,mount, maddison, grealish - the problem is they can't all play, so you have to find a system which suits a couple of them and then pick them. going off on an england tangent here but it's fair cop. mount should be given more time to mature. alli should  go to the euros along with one of maddison or grealish. it comes down to preference and the long-term view. maybe maddison has more of a ceiling than grealish but grealish is definitely a good player.

the fact that there aren't many players to compare him to means he is special
Report betting_masta January 9, 2020 7:18 PM GMT
he is so unlike any other player i've seen, the way he dribbles, assists, scores, working from the left side of a midfield he is so dangerous. england would no doubt play him out of position or use him as a sub where he wouldn't be effective. it's one of those gambles. he's probably good enough but it's about how personnel fit into a system
Report ieff7 January 9, 2020 7:56 PM GMT
Totti of Birmingham
(he even wears the socks like Totti!)
Report CLYDEBANK29 January 10, 2020 11:47 AM GMT
I recall when he burst onto the scene as a teenager saying to someone, that he'd let fame get to his head and waste his talent.  And I thought I'd been proved right.  He wasn't even a first choice starter and said to be unfit when Steve Bruce took over.  And this I think is the thing with Southgate.  Southgate had him in the U21s when he was barely sble to seal a starting spot in a Championship side.  But he's unrecognisable to that player.  I don't know whether it was underlying injuries, self belief or motivation, but something has sparked him into life and he's just getting better and better.  England are suddenly stacked with exciting attacking midfielders, but he's playing better than any of them currently.  He reminds me so much of Gazza.  Man Utd should sell Pogba and use the money to get him in the Summer.
Report 1st time poster January 10, 2020 3:39 PM GMT
in the worst epl for years he,s that good despite giving free reign,10 other players giving him the ball at every opportunity he looks like getting them relegated ,if he,d been absolute dogshoite in every game,there,d be miniscule difference in villa,s position,
could have gone to spuds and tested hi9mself but likes the big fish in small pool scenario and as these posts,pundits,reviews prove its working for him
Report Crisp77 January 12, 2020 6:09 PM GMT
Can't see him getting an international call up. Mick Mccarthy won't be impressed with his work rate.
Report mecca January 12, 2020 7:21 PM GMT
Personally I can't stand the clunt..... Or the team that he plays for.

But Grealish did me a massive favour today when he picked up that late petulant yellow card
Report Loanwolf January 12, 2020 7:31 PM GMT
Grealish had a nightmare game today.Ok he was playing in a poor team but there is no excuse for no tackling and no work rate.He simply strolled about the park all game mainly taking up positions in the centre circle.Ok he may have a trendy hairstyle but hairstyles done win matches
Report Capt__F January 12, 2020 11:41 PM GMT
shin pads too low
stupid hair
glowing boots

i wd have earmarked him from kick off

pansy imo
Report Wesdag January 14, 2020 6:53 PM GMT
^ agreed

add show pony to the list
Report prepared83 February 7, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
got to be worth 100 million minimum in todays market
Report prepared83 October 6, 2020 3:34 PM BST
Will he finally get his first start for England? Should be one of the first names on the team sheet imo. The lad is class
Report stewarts rise October 6, 2020 5:37 PM BST
Best English player in the league by a country mile, someone said the other day how much he reminded him of Iniesta, had quite an argument on here in the summer with someone who said he was a diver and not that good, well rubbish actually,  hasn't  come back to argue lately.
Report Aspro October 6, 2020 5:47 PM BST
Alli burst onto the scene, full of confidence, with nothing to lose, but sadly hasn't pushed on. Grealish has and is improving with every game. Some kind remarks on here and he deserves them all.
Report stewarts rise October 6, 2020 5:47 PM BST
Man utd should have opened their wallet to sign him for 80m, would have still been a bargain, thi k he'll stay at Villa now till Barcelona or Real Madrid  come calling
Report Aspro October 6, 2020 5:49 PM BST
Spurs could have, should have, even would have had him if Levy wasn't so tight!
Report lfc1971 October 6, 2020 11:13 PM BST
average player , no more than that
Report lfc1971 October 6, 2020 11:18 PM BST
Goals per match - 0.16
Report scandanavian_haven October 6, 2020 11:21 PM BST
If your 25, and no big club has come in for you, and I mean real big club that wins trophies, then it probably tells you there is a limit to his ability. Top talents are spotted and bought way earlier.
Report SOULDANCER October 7, 2020 6:01 AM BST
I can't believe those who thought he wasn't worth 25 million when Spurs wouldn't pay it. Even plenty of Spurs fans on here. But I thank God for that.
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 7, 2020 11:24 AM BST
He was priced out of it at £75m.  Had it been £50-£60 he'd have gone.  2nd most chances created behind De Bruyne last season, just the rest of the forwards were ****.  With a much better team this year let's wait and see.  Already the leading midfielder this season for goal involvement with 6 and a couple of Villa's other goals were effectively created by Grealish
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 7, 2020 11:29 AM BST
I might be wrong but I think all of them so far this season were from open play.
Report layingisthewayforward October 7, 2020 11:32 AM BST
Highest rated midfielder in Europe at the weekend according to whoscored
Report scandanavian_haven October 7, 2020 11:33 AM BST
Wonder how long before Bayern come calling?
Report layingisthewayforward October 7, 2020 11:37 AM BST
With Sterling and Sancho missing tomorrow night, he'll get his 1st England start.. His value  is going up all the time.
Report ffaith October 7, 2020 2:41 PM BST
Will Grealish start tomorrow?  I think there is something about him that jars Southgate s world view. For the safe yes/company man who thinks avoiding defeat is as good as winning there's something too cocky and sure about the villa idol.
Report scandanavian_haven October 7, 2020 3:07 PM BST
that's what I thought ffaith, that's exactly why he doesn't play James Maddison, he's injured now but he's given him 30 minutes or so in the last 2 years
Report layingisthewayforward October 7, 2020 9:35 PM BST
Agreed Southgate doesnt like him but surely there is no way he can't play him tomorrow. He's on fire at the minute. God knows why united didn't stump up the cash.
Report thelatarps October 9, 2020 4:15 PM BST
Grealish is the English Neymar. Cant get him off the ball.
Cant believe the amount of ex pros in the media who go on about Phil Foden. Foden isnt half the player Grealish is.
Report Aspro October 9, 2020 4:29 PM BST
Totally agree with that thelatarps; I'm a big fan, although he did give the ball away quite cheaply a few times last night. Over confident perhaps, but I do like a player who is confident in his own ability and will take the odd risk. Thankfully the give-aways were in or around Wales' penalty area.
Report prepared83 November 16, 2020 12:13 PM GMT
Has the country finally woken up and realised how good he is? Superb last night and a joy to watch. Needs to start all the time now
Report stewarts rise November 16, 2020 12:44 PM GMT
I've got a little bet on him to be PFA player of the year at 38, he's down to 16 to back now, so long as he doesn't get crocked by a hatchet man, has to have a leading chance
Just hope this new found adulation of him doesn't go to his head and he tries to do too much.
Report wallis November 16, 2020 1:23 PM GMT
If they judge on how often a player falls to the ground asking for free kicks and frantically rubbing his shins and calfs every 5 minutes , you are weighed in.
Report brians November 16, 2020 1:34 PM GMT
A show pony. Wants and usually gets a free kick every time anyone touches him. Encapsulates whats wrong with the game now. Play for a free kick within scoring range or a penalty. Shoildn't be mentioned in the same breath as Iniesta, who spent mist of his career on two legs, not his backside. Just my opinion!
Report ffaith November 16, 2020 3:05 PM GMT
He overdid it once or twice but he was our only creative threat.  The belgians took it in turns to give him a kicking.  They knew.  I lost count the number of times Kane went to the wing to cross to err himself such was the lack of service.  If more england players had the Grealish boldness, self confidence, ability and aptitude he would not have to do so much.  Just my opinion like
Report duffy November 16, 2020 4:35 PM GMT
And the bluffer in charge doesn't really want him in the teamGrin
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 20, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
Jack Grealish has created 38 chances from open play in the Premier League this season, the most of any player in any of Europe's big-five leagues in 2020-21.
Report Coachbuster December 20, 2020 10:30 PM GMT
he bagged a couple in the courtroom ...  there was just no defence
Report scandanavian_haven December 20, 2020 10:58 PM GMT
yet he's 25 and no top club wants him
Report knot in wood December 21, 2020 2:03 PM GMT
easy in hindsight but chelsea should have gone after Grealish instead of havertz.

Havertz is only young and might yet come good but at the moment he looks lightweight and gives the ball away a lot, also still looks unwell to me after picking up the covid.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK December 21, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
Feather knocks that **** over
Don’t like him one bit
But ****g good player unbelievable for villa this season on what I’ve seen
Report layingisthewayforward December 23, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
He's been the best player in the league so far this season. Expect the big boys to come in at the end of the season if he keeps it up.
Report TameTheTiger December 28, 2020 7:49 PM GMT
Nowhere near world class
Report mecca December 28, 2020 8:19 PM GMT
It's about time the referees started to clamp down on the little to$$er..

He must spend hours practicing the art of making the slightest touch look like a foul against him... or no touch at all... he should've at least been booked tonight for constant simulation
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com