Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
15 Apr 19 08:07
| Topic/replies: 14,065 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Not a mention on here and not that much in the media as Barton, a multiple convictions criminal becomes a manager of a football team and then knocks a rival manager to the ground. Meanwhile 2 Tongan rugby players are threatened with life bans for expressing their religious beliefs on social media. I know who I would recommend a lifetime ban from sport for. They are all in the wrong but surely physical violence is a good reason for a life ban.
Share |
Show More
Report roadrunner46 April 15, 2019 8:16 AM BST
PMSLLaugh i would take joey barton anyday over those hating creatures, good riddance to them
Report sageform April 15, 2019 8:29 AM BST
Really? No doubt you enjoy a good pub brawl then.
Report roadrunner46 April 15, 2019 8:33 AM BST
i got into a lot of fights at school, havent had a fight for 30 years so i dont
Report foxy April 15, 2019 8:48 AM BST
I see the ozzy rugby player has been banned for something he said on Twitter

I’ve got to agree with sageform ever since he stubbed a cigarette out in a young lads eye at city he has a string of wrong doings to his name he seems a rotten character I very much doubt many would miss him if given a lifetime ban.
Report snowynoon April 15, 2019 10:40 AM BST
I agree with sageform,there is a place for freedom of speech in an ideal society,but head butting is a more serious offence.
Report Crisp77 April 15, 2019 11:18 AM BST
Yes, given the choice of receiving a headbutt or reading a tweet, most would go for the tweet.
Report sageform April 15, 2019 2:45 PM BST
Thanks for the support, I genuinely didn't know what response I would get. It was not the isolated incident that prompted me to post, it was the history of uncontrolled violence on and mostly off the pitch that made me question allowing Barton to play any part in a sport supposedly trying to appeal to youth.
Report HGS April 15, 2019 2:59 PM BST
How many chances does Barton need ffs. Get rid.
Report 11kv April 15, 2019 4:55 PM BST
Thug of the highest order.
Report Emitdeb April 15, 2019 6:04 PM BST
Heard him on the radio and seen him on tv in the recent past.. Must be a proper Jekyll and Hyde character.. Napoleon syndrome perhaps... Confused
Report zzzorro April 15, 2019 6:49 PM BST
Is this a Kangaroo Court then?
Report thelatarps April 15, 2019 7:01 PM BST
How many times do we see managers squaring up after the 90mins is up?
May just be the case that joey barton was provoked and was defending himself.
Really, football managers as a whole, need  to be behaving a lot better
Report roadrunner46 April 15, 2019 7:02 PM BST
he was warned not to post hatred on social media, hes still living the old testament, us catholics
we only live by the new testamentLaugh  the OP has been defending his religious beliefsLaugh
not a big deal, we all become old fools in the endWink
Report sageform April 16, 2019 9:07 AM BST
Not a Kangaroo Court, just a comment on what the FA should be doing about itHappy As I said above I am not judging the recent incident in isolation but questioning how a serial offender can still be given high profile and well paid employment in a sport where anyone caught showing any inappropriate behaviour in the eyes of the PC police are automatically dismissed with a life ban. Perhaps a violent nature is a brownie point for the Football family.
Report OnePercenter April 16, 2019 9:55 AM BST
Joey Barton has anger management issues and should not work in a stressful environment.
Report zzzorro April 16, 2019 10:23 AM BST
Barmsley have just lodged an official complaint.
Report Magic__Daps April 16, 2019 6:10 PM BST
Barton is just an idiot.

Regarding the "tweet", if some gay person had a pop at straight people not a single thing would be said. Probably get told they are up for some bravery award.
Report foxy April 16, 2019 6:38 PM BST
Correct
Report OnePercenter April 17, 2019 4:22 PM BST
Man arrested for racially aggravated offences

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/17/barnsley-fleetwood-man-arrested
Report thelatarps April 17, 2019 5:20 PM BST
So are we to surmise that barton has been nabbed for insulting the German manager of Barnsley FC ?
Report OnePercenter April 17, 2019 6:53 PM BST
Did Joey mention the war?
Report OnePercenter April 24, 2019 10:58 AM BST
Joey has been showing his caring side turning up at the XR protests in London Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com