Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
27 Jan 19 12:35
| Topic/replies: 18,779 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
It looks like our thread was removed again Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Spurs Files 3***
Show More
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
3 at the back is the way to go, but they need a solid central defender in the 3. Not Eric Dier who is better in the middle at reading the game and not last line of defence. Ben Davies can play the 3rd CB but only as back up. Sanchez might get a go if he has a left foot!!
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:03 PM GMT

Nov 4, 2021 -- 4:01PM, sofaking wrote:

Absolutely needs to be dropped.

Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:04 PM GMT
how Heavy are those boots Harry!
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
Spurs lose the ball in the middle to often because there is a center forward on the pitch who is physically and mentally unfit
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
Vitesse looking dangerous and score again here. Shocked
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:11 PM GMT
can score again*
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:12 PM GMT
they need to gain some control and someone on that pitch needs to organize them
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:12 PM GMT
No leaders on the pitch unfortunately.
Report Aspro November 4, 2021 9:13 PM GMT
yet
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:17 PM GMT
physically strong are Vitesse - That has to be an concerned..... Conte notes will be Organization, physical conditioning and decision Making needs massive improvement.

Plus he needs to workout the IQ of some of these players.
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:17 PM GMT
ffs this is turning into a disaster.
Report Aspro November 4, 2021 9:17 PM GMT
Plus he needs to workout the IQ of some of these players

Laugh
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
Don't even think about bringing on W*nks or Alli.
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:21 PM GMT
New manager bounce lasted for 30 minutes. Laugh
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:22 PM GMT
Are these players all to tired to talk?
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:22 PM GMT
This is absolutely woeful lads.  Won't be shocked if they lose this game.
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:23 PM GMT
got give Conte a month to get this shambles into some sort of team, they really  have been poorly coached!!
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:26 PM GMT
Can I just Say Son, has turned into a headless chicken. The Lad doesnt work hard enough. He should be working as hard as Moura, but doesn't seem to show up
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:27 PM GMT
Vitess
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:27 PM GMT
Vitesse absolutely dominant here. 3-3 incoming.
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:28 PM GMT
Spurs struggled to keep the ball with 11 men, a player less and physically slower and unfit compared to opponent this must feel like 11 v 8
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
N'Dombele looks tired running on to the pitch Laugh
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
Can Someone tell Hoijberg he isn't a CB
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 4, 2021 9:32 PM GMT
LaughGrinDevil
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
If this is life under Conte - it is going to be drama after drab
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 9:54 PM GMT
Lo Celso Should get double figures goals a season, it could be a case of that he doesn't get enough game time, but more likely he is another in a long line of players who over complicates the simple things!!
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
Well that was way more difficult that it should've been after going 3-0 up.
Report Aspro November 4, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
I don't rate Lo Celso; a few flashes here and there, but seldom the booms
Report Capt__F November 4, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
bring back Nuno
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 10:05 PM GMT
problem is Sofa, they all drop the intensity at the same time, that's when you need leaders on the pitch. Lloris captain of France isn't captain Spurs need, he can get away with being a mute captain for France, he has the most talented bunch of footballers around him. Spurs need a leader outfield who can be heard.

several times in defence they was all on top of each other, covering the same space. That is communication!! Eric Dier is a nice guy, but doesn't dominate. Ben Davies doesn't command respect of his fellow pro's. Sanchez doesnt know the time of day and Romero I don't think speaks the same language. Hoijberg is he a leader to set example? All The Best teams has captain that leads out on pitch.

Spurs hasnt got one player on that pitch who demands respect of his team mates, organizes and leads by example when they need it.

Declan Rice does it for West Ham, Henderson or Van Djyk does it for Liverpool and that bang average rightside CB for Chelsea does it, which means he has a place in that chelsea side!! Dias and Fernadinho does and did it for City. Where is that leader at Spurs. There isnt one, its all to soft an nice. Conte needs a captain and leaders!!

The Spine is to nice.........Need winners to go with talent, we've become Arsenal - more worried about image then substance
Report sofaking November 4, 2021 10:06 PM GMT

Nov 4, 2021 -- 5:02PM, Capt__F wrote:

bring back Nuno

I agree but let's see how the new guy does against Everton on Sunday in a real competition before getting rid of him. Mischief

Report sofaking November 4, 2021 10:09 PM GMT

Nov 4, 2021 -- 5:05PM, BULLET TOOTH TONY wrote:

problem is Sofa, they all drop the intensity at the same time, that's when you need leaders on the pitch. Lloris captain of France isn't captain Spurs need, he can get away with being a mute captain for France, he has the most talented bunch of footballers around him. Spurs need a leader outfield who can be heard.several times in defence they was all on top of each other, covering the same space. That is communication!! Eric Dier is a nice guy, but doesn't dominate. Ben Davies doesn't command respect of his fellow pro's. Sanchez doesnt know the time of day and Romero I don't think speaks the same language. Hoijberg is he a leader to set example? All The Best teams has captain that leads out on pitch. Spurs hasnt got one player on that pitch who demands respect of his team mates, organizes and leads by example when they need it. Declan Rice does it for West Ham, Henderson or Van Djyk does it for Liverpool and that bang average rightside CB for Chelsea does it, which means he has a place in that chelsea side!! Dias and Fernadinho does and did it for City. Where is that leader at Spurs. There isnt one, its all to soft an nice. Conte needs a captain and leaders!!The Spine is to nice.........Need winners to go with talent, we've become Arsenal - more worried about image then substance

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with this. Hojbjerg the closest they currently have to being a leader but I don't think he's the solution either.

Report BULLET TOOTH TONY November 4, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
At Least Conte has identified that the wingback are just that and not back four defenders that dear old Nuno thought they was. I'm optimistic
Report WhiteHatJon November 5, 2021 8:38 AM GMT
Having been totally correct that Nuno was the wrong man for the job, I am more optimistic this time around.

This guy will give it his all, will not take any carp from the players and will be demanding of the chairman.

My only slight reservation is that we have appointed Chavski rejects before, none of which have worked.

This guy must be given 100% support by us fans, the players and the board for the next 2 transfer windows, and let's see where we are in 12 months time ?

COYS
Report driver2 November 5, 2021 9:30 AM GMT
Some years ago my company put up a weekend in Monaco to be auctioned off for the benefit of Chris Hughton's testimonial. The auction was held at the Dorchester and a couple of weeks later I had to go to a Spurs Monaco match and present the tickets to the 2 supporters who'd bid for the trip, accompanied by Glen Hoddle on the pitch at half time.
After the match, I was chatting to the supporters who were p1ssed of at how badly Spurs had played, I think they lost 3-0, anyway, they were full of hope that the current manager,Terry Venables could win the league with the club. I remember saying that it would take him 30 years to do that, they were absolutely useless and it seems that they're not much better today!
Report Emitdeb November 5, 2021 5:48 PM GMT
Great game last night for Conte to access... Optimistic here. Top 4 trading at 7.6... we're gonna trade lower than that, I just Know it.... COYS! Happy
Report FIGJAM November 7, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
By getting in early with Conte it stopped Man U going places.Cool
Report Whippin Piccadilly November 8, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
What's the general consensus amongst Spurs fans regarding Kane? That he will start scoring again? Or that most fans want him gone?
Report knot in wood November 8, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
"That bang average right side CB for chelsea" Laugh

signed for around 8m and over 300 apps for chelsea, won 2 premier lge titles-1 fa cup-1 efl/lge cup-1 champions lge-2 europa lge-1 super cup-world cup runner up and a current spanish international.

aye he's definitely had a "BANG AVERAGE" career this lad.
Report Emitdeb November 8, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
Top 4 trading at 7.4... Happy COYS!
Report Wesdag November 8, 2021 6:19 PM GMT

Nov 7, 2021 -- 5:45AM, FIGJAM wrote:

By getting in early with Conte it stopped Man U going places.

Apparently, Conte was never considered for the Man U job.

His combustibility is a concern - only lasted 2 years at Chelski for that reason - they couldn't wait to get shot of him.

But, perhaps he may have learned & mellowed?

Report Life-Lucky November 9, 2021 8:21 AM GMT
What's the general consensus amongst Spurs fans regarding Kane? That he will start scoring again? Or that most fans want him gone?

Whip-Pic, I've wanted him gone since the European Champions League Final after he insisted he was fit, was chosen and then was invisible for the whole game. Poch made a Big Mistake. By playing Kane he broke-up a winning team and destroyed morale.
Report eyeball November 9, 2021 10:21 AM GMT
A forward needs service and he has none. Doesn't matter how many runs he makes. His confidence is not there at the moment. Skip and Hjobjerg are completely negative. Sideways, backwards, five yard wall passes. Looked so much better without the ball against Everton but in possession the midfield are ten yards too far back to have any affect on their attacks. It would help if they didn't stand behind opponents and moved about a bit.CrazyA lot of work needed in midfield and some new additions.
Report FIGJAM November 9, 2021 11:37 AM GMT
We’ve got £120,000,000 of players we can't sell and have done our pieces on.
Sanchez, NDombele and Lo Celso.
I'd like to see how they appear in the books amortisation or no amortisation.
Should make a few quid on Winks, but peanuts compared to those three.
Report TheAnorak November 9, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
I saw in the paper that Tottenham have been selected as one of five clubs to carry out a trial of 'safe standing'.

The players must have had advance notice of this as they've been conducting that trial for months.

Under Poch we were always top or near the top on distance run in matches. Now we're usually last in that category. First job for Conte is to get the players fit again. They won't be able to deliver on his tactical requirements until they are.
Report propunter1 November 12, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
Apparently, we can spend 400 million on transfers under FFP rules.  I don't know how we will be able to spend this much while maintaining loan repayments for our long term debt of 1.5 billion pounds.
Report sofaking November 13, 2021 2:14 AM GMT

Nov 12, 2021 -- 10:02AM, propunter1 wrote:

Apparently, we can spend 400 million on transfers under FFP rules.

Report sofaking November 13, 2021 3:23 AM GMT
Ffs, my post goes missing.  This forum is absolute garbage. Think 400 million is theoretically what they're allowed to spend before breaching FFP rules but in reality they'll only spend a small fraction of that. And the stadium is infrastructure debt and separate from transfer funds.
Report Aspro November 14, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
If you're answering the last post there's no reason to quote it (just saying Devil), however; if there is a double-space in the post you are quoting then the reply usually doesn't show.
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
Ha, I know that Aspro but for some reason I continue to quote posts. Sad
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Ha Aspro, I know that but for some reason I continue to quote posts here. Sad
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 6:20 PM GMT
Both above posts didn't appear after I posted them. Thirty minutes later they suddenly appear. This forum is broken.
Report Emitdeb November 16, 2021 8:12 PM GMT
Harry Kane.. 7 goals in 2 games! For England!

Just imagine if Spurs could find someone like that... Love Cool Mischief
Report sofaking November 16, 2021 8:36 PM GMT

Nov 16, 2021 -- 2:12PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Harry Kane.. 7 goals in 2 games! For England!Just imagine if Spurs could find someone like that...

You think San Marino and Albania are comparable to Premier League teams, Emitdeb?

Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 5:53 AM GMT
Still 7 goals in 2 games... and he's Englands top goal scorer of all time! Happy
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 4:27 PM GMT
Let's see if can do the business against Leeds at the weekend or will he continue to look like a journeyman plodder as he has done all season so far in the league. You tend to occasionally get carried away Emitdeb. Grin
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 6:25 PM GMT
LaughLaugh That's probably true...

but. Class is permanent and he really is pure class.... I have a theory, we can thank Jose for unsettling him. Hopefully we can change his mind, otherwise we're gonna be searching for someone just like him. 

Pushing for a top four position would be a step in the right direction...  COYS!
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 7:03 PM GMT
Romero injured on international duty which is a big blow.
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
Please sofa, If youre having a laugh could you put joke in brackets at the end of all posts?    (joke)

Happy
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
dunno why i posted that... Sometimes i just need to keep my big fingers still.... Blush
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
What?  You don't think Romero is Spurs' best defender?
Report FIGJAM November 19, 2021 12:11 PM GMT
Major problems Sunday.
Skippy is banned, Romero definitely out, doubts with Lo Celso and PEH,
so that's the midfield b.gered.
Personally, I'd go with Rodon and NDombele and I suppose reluctantly Winks
must come into the equation.
Report Reynard November 19, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Emitdeb • November 17, 2021 5:53 AM GMT
Still 7 goals in 2 games... and he's Englands top goal scorer of all time!

Top goalscorer ? Maybe the most prolific but how many times did the great Jimmy Greaves play against the likes of San Marino etc ?
Report Emitdeb November 19, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
Just looking and can see several 8's and 9's being banged past sh!t teams like Luxembourg, Scotland and Northern Ireland... Cool
Report Reynard November 20, 2021 12:05 PM GMT
Blush Fair enough , Emitdeb , but Greaves was , in most peoples opinion , the best England goalscorer .
One 'worldie' two pens and a scuffer kinda epitomises our current incumbent .
Report propunter1 November 21, 2021 8:51 AM GMT
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10225051/Mauricio-Pochettino-opens-life-Paris-Saint-Germain-hotseat.html

Daily Mail interviews Pochettino - interesting comments. I hope he comes back soon
Report sofaking November 21, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
Poch'll be back at Spurs at some stage in the future but let's concentrate on the Conte era.  Four shots on target and two goals. Unbelievable scenes, nobody saw this coming.   I would've been happy with just a shot on target today. ExcitedExcited
Report sofaking November 21, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
Interesting interview and he's still pained by his sacking at Spurs. Apparently he's Man U's top target now.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 22, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
Seems Contes training methods include the equalvent of
shop to you drop
and MERCY buttons
Not sure how long the players will accept this

Grin
Report Life-Lucky November 22, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
I just don't get this thing about Poch. He's not a winner. The End.
Report Emitdeb November 22, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
Not sure how long the players will accept this

Hopefully we can soon root these players out (whoever they are) and feck them off... all in with this broom. Happy
Report sageform November 22, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
The biggest problem is Kane. Has he lost his pace or is it confidence? He should have been substituted at half time and he didn't even take the free kick that led to a goal. Phillips made him look really slow. The first half was just as dire as recent games but they did look a bit more interested in the second half.
Report stewarty b November 23, 2021 3:53 AM GMT
Sorry to interject lads but I was looking for my old mucker jed. (davidson) for a wee bit of advice RE: Sunday's game against Burnley.

I'm thinking of at bet of approx. 11/10 on Spurs. I think that is fair value giving Burnley have the joint worse record for conceding goals along with Newcastle.

Any thoughts welcome and if you're looking in jed I trust you are well.

tia.
Report sageform November 23, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
If Spurs can't beat Burnley they are in danger of relegation! That game plus Norwich should enable Conte to experiment a bit and get some confidence back into the team.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 25, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
I see Spurs are offering 25% of tour experiences
Probably the only time i could get to WHL
Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 25, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
Dele and Kane starts
Sounds brassic out there

Laugh
Report Emitdeb November 25, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
Conte OUT!
Report sofaking November 25, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
Could try to bring Poch back in before Man U snap him up. Confused
Report Life-Lucky November 25, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
Only upside I can see here is that Conte understands what a hole we're in. This squad needs major surgery.
Report sageform November 26, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
Last night was one of the all time lows for the club. Kane can only score when given the ball in the penalty area and other Prem league teams are aware of that. Son has not been up to last seasons form so far and apart from them, there are no strikers. The defence is dreadful as the injury time goal showed. I wonder if the could get Phillips from Leeds?
Report Scamp the man November 26, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
Would love to get Philips but he's a Leeds lad and be very surprised if he moved down south
Report Wesdag November 26, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
£££ changes everything.
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
I think Conte has realised that his squad is far worse than he first thought.  He'll most likely demand a huge transfer war chest in the transfer window. Hopefully Alli never plays for Spurs again as he is completely gone at the game.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:00 PM GMT
Top 4 trading at... 5.4  Happy
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:05 PM GMT

Nov 26, 2021 -- 11:00AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Top 4 trading at... 5.4

Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
I don't think you're living in the real world Emitdeb.  What have you seen so far that makes you so blindly optimistic?  If you watched the game last night you'll have noticed that the squad is incredibly weak and needs a massive overhaul.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:10 PM GMT
Just posting a fact sofa... Could have a lovely lay if that's how youre feeling... Happy
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:15 PM GMT
Very optimistic we'll be above Leicester and West Ham by January.. Doubt we'll finish above Man U by the end of the season though..
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
Dunno if there are any match betting on those two...
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Might be possible if Conte spends big during the transfer window but there's zero chance of top 4 with the current squad.  Alli, Donkerty, Ndombele, Sanchez etc are all utterly useless.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:48 PM GMT
I hear he has £150 mill this January...
Report Wesdag November 26, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
Some brutal honesty from Conte post match.

How do you lot think that'll go down with squad which he's basically said is sh!t? And Levy who'll need a bottomless pit of money to rectify it?
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 6:30 PM GMT
Makes it all the more amusing when Spurs get to the semi final of the Carabao Cup... Grin
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 6:51 PM GMT
West Am are a far better team than Spurs at the moment. Why on earth are you assuming Spurs will win that game?  I think you're delusional when it comes to this team, Emitdeb. A huge percentage of the squad are not good enough for a top six team- Tanganga, Sanchez and Sessegnon are dumb as a bag of rocks. Ndombele and Alli are lazy and unmotivated. Conte will require a total overhaul of the squad and it could lead to conflict with Levy.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
It's West Ham... If anyone's delusional, it's them... Grin trust me... Wink
Report Lance in France November 27, 2021 9:29 AM GMT
What West Ham have achieved compared to us is commendable. You have to give credit where it is due. West Ham at this moment in time are a better "team" by a long way than us
Report Lance in France November 27, 2021 9:33 AM GMT
And regarding Thursdays embarrassment, hopefully the only good thing to come out of it is Conte should now know the identity of the players who should never pull on the shirt again. Starting with Sanchez......
Report Reynard November 27, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
Emitdeb • November 26, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
It's West Ham... If anyone's delusional, it's them... 

Delusional - characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder:

Not sure how you can possibly accuse West Ham supporters of being delusional . We are well aware of what we are , what we are capable of and where we sit in the grand scheme of things . 40 years without a trophy is sufficient evidence to ensure we keep our feet firmly on the ground . Yes , we do cling to the possibility that we may reach a cup final this season , possibly even win one God forbid , but we certainly ain't under any illusions . We've been here before and have become conditioned to failure and disappointment . We are on a good run with a decent group of players but that's about it .
Incidentally the "We are West Ham , we are massive" line is laced with more than a hint of irony . It's a form of self-deprecating humour which is clearly something that you seem to lack . Self-deprecating humour is something you could do with right now . It may serve you well in the coming months .
PS. Can't argue with the 'symptom of mental disorder' bit . COYI Happy
Report sofaking November 27, 2021 4:30 PM GMT

Nov 27, 2021 -- 3:33AM, Lance in France wrote:

And regarding Thursdays embarrassment, hopefully the only good thing to come out of it is Conte should now know the identity of the players who should never pull on the shirt again. Starting with Sanchez......

Yep, Conte will have learnt a lot about his players after Thursday's debacle. In some ways it was probably a positive result for the club and helps Conte  quickly identify where changes are needed. I'd honestly prefer if they go out of this **** competition in the group stages. Even with a strong team they struggle to beat the minnows and there is zero chance of this rabble winning the Europa Conference.

Report Wesdag November 27, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
What did you make of him post match?

He looked absolutely shell-shocked at the task ahead plus him talking about not being a magician.

Unless Levy really releases the purse strings, I really can't see him hanging around.

Remember: Chelski found him too demanding & they ain't shy in the transfer market.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com