Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
27 Jan 19 12:35
| Topic/replies: 18,790 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
It looks like our thread was removed again Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Spurs Files 3***
Show More
Report sofaking November 13, 2021 3:23 AM GMT
Ffs, my post goes missing.  This forum is absolute garbage. Think 400 million is theoretically what they're allowed to spend before breaching FFP rules but in reality they'll only spend a small fraction of that. And the stadium is infrastructure debt and separate from transfer funds.
Report Aspro November 14, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
If you're answering the last post there's no reason to quote it (just saying Devil), however; if there is a double-space in the post you are quoting then the reply usually doesn't show.
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
Ha, I know that Aspro but for some reason I continue to quote posts. Sad
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Ha Aspro, I know that but for some reason I continue to quote posts here. Sad
Report sofaking November 14, 2021 6:20 PM GMT
Both above posts didn't appear after I posted them. Thirty minutes later they suddenly appear. This forum is broken.
Report Emitdeb November 16, 2021 8:12 PM GMT
Harry Kane.. 7 goals in 2 games! For England!

Just imagine if Spurs could find someone like that... Love Cool Mischief
Report sofaking November 16, 2021 8:36 PM GMT

Nov 16, 2021 -- 2:12PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Harry Kane.. 7 goals in 2 games! For England!Just imagine if Spurs could find someone like that...

You think San Marino and Albania are comparable to Premier League teams, Emitdeb?

Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 5:53 AM GMT
Still 7 goals in 2 games... and he's Englands top goal scorer of all time! Happy
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 4:27 PM GMT
Let's see if can do the business against Leeds at the weekend or will he continue to look like a journeyman plodder as he has done all season so far in the league. You tend to occasionally get carried away Emitdeb. Grin
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 6:25 PM GMT
LaughLaugh That's probably true...

but. Class is permanent and he really is pure class.... I have a theory, we can thank Jose for unsettling him. Hopefully we can change his mind, otherwise we're gonna be searching for someone just like him. 

Pushing for a top four position would be a step in the right direction...  COYS!
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 7:03 PM GMT
Romero injured on international duty which is a big blow.
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
Please sofa, If youre having a laugh could you put joke in brackets at the end of all posts?    (joke)

Happy
Report Emitdeb November 17, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
dunno why i posted that... Sometimes i just need to keep my big fingers still.... Blush
Report sofaking November 17, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
What?  You don't think Romero is Spurs' best defender?
Report FIGJAM November 19, 2021 12:11 PM GMT
Major problems Sunday.
Skippy is banned, Romero definitely out, doubts with Lo Celso and PEH,
so that's the midfield b.gered.
Personally, I'd go with Rodon and NDombele and I suppose reluctantly Winks
must come into the equation.
Report Reynard November 19, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Emitdeb • November 17, 2021 5:53 AM GMT
Still 7 goals in 2 games... and he's Englands top goal scorer of all time!

Top goalscorer ? Maybe the most prolific but how many times did the great Jimmy Greaves play against the likes of San Marino etc ?
Report Emitdeb November 19, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
Just looking and can see several 8's and 9's being banged past sh!t teams like Luxembourg, Scotland and Northern Ireland... Cool
Report Reynard November 20, 2021 12:05 PM GMT
Blush Fair enough , Emitdeb , but Greaves was , in most peoples opinion , the best England goalscorer .
One 'worldie' two pens and a scuffer kinda epitomises our current incumbent .
Report propunter1 November 21, 2021 8:51 AM GMT
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10225051/Mauricio-Pochettino-opens-life-Paris-Saint-Germain-hotseat.html

Daily Mail interviews Pochettino - interesting comments. I hope he comes back soon
Report sofaking November 21, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
Poch'll be back at Spurs at some stage in the future but let's concentrate on the Conte era.  Four shots on target and two goals. Unbelievable scenes, nobody saw this coming.   I would've been happy with just a shot on target today. ExcitedExcited
Report sofaking November 21, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
Interesting interview and he's still pained by his sacking at Spurs. Apparently he's Man U's top target now.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 22, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
Seems Contes training methods include the equalvent of
shop to you drop
and MERCY buttons
Not sure how long the players will accept this

Grin
Report Life-Lucky November 22, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
I just don't get this thing about Poch. He's not a winner. The End.
Report Emitdeb November 22, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
Not sure how long the players will accept this

Hopefully we can soon root these players out (whoever they are) and feck them off... all in with this broom. Happy
Report sageform November 22, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
The biggest problem is Kane. Has he lost his pace or is it confidence? He should have been substituted at half time and he didn't even take the free kick that led to a goal. Phillips made him look really slow. The first half was just as dire as recent games but they did look a bit more interested in the second half.
Report stewarty b November 23, 2021 3:53 AM GMT
Sorry to interject lads but I was looking for my old mucker jed. (davidson) for a wee bit of advice RE: Sunday's game against Burnley.

I'm thinking of at bet of approx. 11/10 on Spurs. I think that is fair value giving Burnley have the joint worse record for conceding goals along with Newcastle.

Any thoughts welcome and if you're looking in jed I trust you are well.

tia.
Report sageform November 23, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
If Spurs can't beat Burnley they are in danger of relegation! That game plus Norwich should enable Conte to experiment a bit and get some confidence back into the team.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 25, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
I see Spurs are offering 25% of tour experiences
Probably the only time i could get to WHL
Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 25, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
Dele and Kane starts
Sounds brassic out there

Laugh
Report Emitdeb November 25, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
Conte OUT!
Report sofaking November 25, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
Could try to bring Poch back in before Man U snap him up. Confused
Report Life-Lucky November 25, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
Only upside I can see here is that Conte understands what a hole we're in. This squad needs major surgery.
Report sageform November 26, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
Last night was one of the all time lows for the club. Kane can only score when given the ball in the penalty area and other Prem league teams are aware of that. Son has not been up to last seasons form so far and apart from them, there are no strikers. The defence is dreadful as the injury time goal showed. I wonder if the could get Phillips from Leeds?
Report Scamp the man November 26, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
Would love to get Philips but he's a Leeds lad and be very surprised if he moved down south
Report Wesdag November 26, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
£££ changes everything.
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
I think Conte has realised that his squad is far worse than he first thought.  He'll most likely demand a huge transfer war chest in the transfer window. Hopefully Alli never plays for Spurs again as he is completely gone at the game.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:00 PM GMT
Top 4 trading at... 5.4  Happy
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:05 PM GMT

Nov 26, 2021 -- 11:00AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Top 4 trading at... 5.4

Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
I don't think you're living in the real world Emitdeb.  What have you seen so far that makes you so blindly optimistic?  If you watched the game last night you'll have noticed that the squad is incredibly weak and needs a massive overhaul.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:10 PM GMT
Just posting a fact sofa... Could have a lovely lay if that's how youre feeling... Happy
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:15 PM GMT
Very optimistic we'll be above Leicester and West Ham by January.. Doubt we'll finish above Man U by the end of the season though..
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
Dunno if there are any match betting on those two...
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Might be possible if Conte spends big during the transfer window but there's zero chance of top 4 with the current squad.  Alli, Donkerty, Ndombele, Sanchez etc are all utterly useless.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 5:48 PM GMT
I hear he has £150 mill this January...
Report Wesdag November 26, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
Some brutal honesty from Conte post match.

How do you lot think that'll go down with squad which he's basically said is sh!t? And Levy who'll need a bottomless pit of money to rectify it?
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 6:30 PM GMT
Makes it all the more amusing when Spurs get to the semi final of the Carabao Cup... Grin
Report sofaking November 26, 2021 6:51 PM GMT
West Am are a far better team than Spurs at the moment. Why on earth are you assuming Spurs will win that game?  I think you're delusional when it comes to this team, Emitdeb. A huge percentage of the squad are not good enough for a top six team- Tanganga, Sanchez and Sessegnon are dumb as a bag of rocks. Ndombele and Alli are lazy and unmotivated. Conte will require a total overhaul of the squad and it could lead to conflict with Levy.
Report Emitdeb November 26, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
It's West Ham... If anyone's delusional, it's them... Grin trust me... Wink
Report Lance in France November 27, 2021 9:29 AM GMT
What West Ham have achieved compared to us is commendable. You have to give credit where it is due. West Ham at this moment in time are a better "team" by a long way than us
Report Lance in France November 27, 2021 9:33 AM GMT
And regarding Thursdays embarrassment, hopefully the only good thing to come out of it is Conte should now know the identity of the players who should never pull on the shirt again. Starting with Sanchez......
Report Reynard November 27, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
Emitdeb • November 26, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
It's West Ham... If anyone's delusional, it's them... 

Delusional - characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder:

Not sure how you can possibly accuse West Ham supporters of being delusional . We are well aware of what we are , what we are capable of and where we sit in the grand scheme of things . 40 years without a trophy is sufficient evidence to ensure we keep our feet firmly on the ground . Yes , we do cling to the possibility that we may reach a cup final this season , possibly even win one God forbid , but we certainly ain't under any illusions . We've been here before and have become conditioned to failure and disappointment . We are on a good run with a decent group of players but that's about it .
Incidentally the "We are West Ham , we are massive" line is laced with more than a hint of irony . It's a form of self-deprecating humour which is clearly something that you seem to lack . Self-deprecating humour is something you could do with right now . It may serve you well in the coming months .
PS. Can't argue with the 'symptom of mental disorder' bit . COYI Happy
Report sofaking November 27, 2021 4:30 PM GMT

Nov 27, 2021 -- 3:33AM, Lance in France wrote:

And regarding Thursdays embarrassment, hopefully the only good thing to come out of it is Conte should now know the identity of the players who should never pull on the shirt again. Starting with Sanchez......

Yep, Conte will have learnt a lot about his players after Thursday's debacle. In some ways it was probably a positive result for the club and helps Conte  quickly identify where changes are needed. I'd honestly prefer if they go out of this **** competition in the group stages. Even with a strong team they struggle to beat the minnows and there is zero chance of this rabble winning the Europa Conference.

Report Wesdag November 27, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
What did you make of him post match?

He looked absolutely shell-shocked at the task ahead plus him talking about not being a magician.

Unless Levy really releases the purse strings, I really can't see him hanging around.

Remember: Chelski found him too demanding & they ain't shy in the transfer market.
Report Emitdeb November 27, 2021 6:58 PM GMT
I'd like to think Conte's put it on some of the underbelly against Mara. Result was disappointing but pretty meaningless.. imo 

Reynard Grin

You seem to start you post as a kind of self-proclaimed spokesman for West ham fans, denying my accusations of delusion... but at the end admit you are actually delusional... 

I'll put my hands up and admit to being the delusional one on the 22nd if in the unlikely event of The mighty Spurs being knocked out....   

ps. good luck against City tomorrow... Happy
Report sofaking November 27, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
The Europey Conference tournament is useless and meaningless but the performance and result were very revealing.   Every single one of these second-string players (as well as some first team players) put in absolute shocking performances when they're supposed to be trying to impress a new manager. Conte now knows that there are very few players in his squad that he can trust.
Report Emitdeb November 27, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
Yeah, that's what I said..
Report Reynard November 27, 2021 8:56 PM GMT
Emitdeb - At no point have I suggested West Ham fans are delusional nor am I a spokesman for anybody , self-proclaimed or otherwise . My observation is based on the general observations made by West Ham fans on specific West Ham forums .
Your best wishes for Sunday are appreciated but it's highly unlikely we'll get anything against City . They're pretty good Blush
Report Reynard November 27, 2021 8:59 PM GMT
No delusions on my part regarding the 22nd . I'm pretty sure that Mr Conte will have your mob in decent shape by then and it's likely to be a close contest .
Report Life-Lucky November 28, 2021 8:00 AM GMT
Burnley are formidable. Just sayin'
Report Reynard November 28, 2021 8:35 AM GMT
It may only be Burnley but the sight of those Claret 'n' Blue shirts will put the fear in 'em Mischief
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 28, 2021 12:35 PM GMT
Seems the pitch is FROZEN

nO bURNLEY

Devil
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 28, 2021 1:12 PM GMT
Day off
Or maybe extra training by Conte

Laugh
Report Emitdeb November 28, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
Cry How to ruin Sunday....  Cry
Report Aspro November 28, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
Yep, postponed
Report Emitdeb November 28, 2021 1:18 PM GMT
How are you Aspro?
Report FIGJAM November 28, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
It seems even Conte has been taken in by Sanchex ffs how on earth did he pick him against Burnley?
He's got 4 days to contemplate that decision.
Report sofaking November 29, 2021 12:24 AM GMT
It's probably a good thing that the game was postponed. This rabble of sissies wouldn't've fancied a game on a cold, icy, snowy pitch and it gives Conte more time to mould them into shape.
Report Emitdeb November 29, 2021 1:03 AM GMT
Must be an advantage for the home game vs Brentford (thur)
Report Emitdeb November 29, 2021 1:06 AM GMT
We have the best run of fixtures through December, only home tie vs Liverpool looking tricky. 5 x home, 3 x away.
Report Aspro November 30, 2021 10:20 AM GMT
Apologies Emitdeb, I missed that post. Not too terrible to be fair, thanks for asking. Still contemplating another op to seal this sternum, as it doesn't look like it is going to work by itself. The x-ray showed that all the wiring has busted (due to coughing they reckon), but it has some scarring so at least it's trying to heal. Next appointment in March so I'm hoping it can still work beforehand, but I doubt that somehow. At least I'm not getting over excited about Spurs Laugh
Report Emitdeb November 30, 2021 12:30 PM GMT
I happened to have a chest x-ray last week and made an effort to count the wires (15). which surprised me that many.

I still get chills thinking about your plight. Tbh, I'd be super keen to get that properly aligned and sealed..

I have a theory for Thursdays game, Harrys replacement!   £40 - £60 mill.... Ivan Toney. Cool
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 2, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
Well Dier starts with Ali on the
BENCH

Wink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 2, 2021 7:06 PM GMT
Time for the first Lundun derbi win this season
MAYBE

Devil
Report sofaking December 2, 2021 7:19 PM GMT
Not feeling optimistic about this at all.
Report sofaking December 2, 2021 7:20 PM GMT

Nov 30, 2021 -- 6:30AM, Emitdeb wrote:

I happened to have a chest x-ray last week and made an effort to count the wires (15). which surprised me that many. I still get chills thinking about your plight. Tbh, I'd be super keen to get that properly aligned and sealed.. I have a theory for Thursdays game, Harrys replacement!

Report sofaking December 2, 2021 7:22 PM GMT
You have wires in your chest, Emitdeb?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 2, 2021 7:43 PM GMT
Davies scores

1-0

Laugh
Report Emitdeb December 2, 2021 8:13 PM GMT
Sofa, they're a by-product of heart surgery i had 8 years ago. they re-join the sternum with wire cable ties..

I'm shocked and surprised youre feeling un-optimistic tbh.. Shocked    Laugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 2, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
2-0

Silly
Report sofaking December 2, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
Emitdeb, after seeing how some of these players (Sanchez etc) performed last week against the worst team that have ever played in a UEFA competition I think I was correct in feeling pessimistic. Anyway, 2-0 and game over.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 2, 2021 9:23 PM GMT
Derbi win
Yeha

Wink
Report sofaking December 2, 2021 9:25 PM GMT
First league win by more than one goal. Progress.
Report flat16 December 3, 2021 12:26 PM GMT
Actually seems like the manager is running the team ,not the players ,last night we lost possession from two of our own corners and Brentford broke quickly in numbers ,what was noticeable was the Spurs players sprinted back also in numbers ,danger averted..........previously would have been DGAF stroll
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 3, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
Beat the mighty Brentford eh?

Bring on Bayern and City next!!
Report sofaking December 3, 2021 10:37 PM GMT
Lou... pot, kettle. There was quite a bit of irrational exuberance on the Man U thread after they squeaked past lowly Arsenal on Thursday.   Pipe down bud. Crazy
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 3, 2021 10:43 PM GMT
I thought you United were a bit lucky to beat Arsenal to be fair.  A draw a fair result.
Report Aspro December 5, 2021 1:08 PM GMT
Read back on this thread and you'll see where I haven't rated Skipp at all, but I might have to eat my words. I've been quite impressed with his performances of late and is already a far superior player to Winks. Anyway, if you don't know already, here's the team...

Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Tanganga, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Lucas, Son & Kane
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 5, 2021 2:11 PM GMT
Morra of that

Grin
Report Emitdeb December 5, 2021 2:14 PM GMT
Pleasing Start.. Happy
Report Emitdeb December 5, 2021 2:56 PM GMT
Looking like two well matched teams. (worrying) Scared
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 5, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
Lay in

Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 5, 2021 3:25 PM GMT
Sanchez

Wink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 5, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
Get in my
SUN

Silly
Report sofaking December 5, 2021 4:32 PM GMT
Yep Aspro, been impressed with Skipp too. Not a great performance or game and the 3-0 scoreline was flattering but a win's a win eh. Wink
Report Aspro December 5, 2021 4:48 PM GMT
Just seen the goals. Moura's goal a cracker, Sanchez a little fortunate but they all count and Son was just typical of him. Never saw the game though Sad but will watch the extended highlights when they're put up on YT later.
Report FIGJAM December 6, 2021 12:42 PM GMT
Strange game in which Norwich dominated possession and missed a sitter after 5 minutes.
Reguilon was injured and Sessegnon looks the part, should do if nothing else because of his transfer free.
Bergwijn appeared for ten minutes and promptly got injured, but for the second game in succession Skippy
was MoM and will soon be pressing Phillips in England team.
Three home game wins in a row, jury's still out but Brighton away next and according to Twitter
have 8 first teamers out injured.
Report Aspro December 6, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
That's interesting Fig; gotta be worth a couple of quid on AOAW at 22's. Unlikely, but for shrapnel I'm in.
Report FIGJAM December 7, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
Looks live Covid may have put the kybosh on our season with at least 6 first teamers out of action.
I would love to know how many have been properly inoculated.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 7, 2021 12:38 PM GMT
You cant trust those
Nurwich players

Devil
Report sageform December 7, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
The Burnley game could have put Spurs fourth but the crunch is approaching as they have fixtures against the top 3 coming along soon. Meanwhile Brighton should be beatable and Leicester is a possible win.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com