Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ribero1
03 Dec 18 10:09
| Topic/replies: 10,438 | Blogger: ribero1's blog
Gone.
Show More
Report onlooker December 3, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46091577

Mark Hughes has been sacked as Southampton manager after eight months in charge.

The Saints, who drew with Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday, are 18th in the table.

Southampton confirmed the move in a statement, adding: "The search for a new manager to take the club forward is already under way."
Report GoBallistic December 3, 2018 10:44 AM GMT
Not even being able to beat Man U was the final straw
Report Latalomne December 3, 2018 10:45 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh  Ha, I was going to say the same thing, GB!  Excited
Report 1st time poster December 3, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
failure after failure but sure as eggs are eggs some chairmen will ignore completely all the evidence and employ him, like BA employing a piolot who,s crashed his last 6 planesLaugh
Report lybertyne December 3, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
Perennial failure.  Football management is not his bag.  Can you imagine another 'profession' where someone who keeps getting sacked for not being up to the job repeatedly finds new employment within the same industry?  I'd wager he also received 'compensation' for having his contract terminated.  Laughable.
Report keeping silent December 3, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
It’s a merry go round that consistently rewards failure. A very unique and niche market.
Report lybertyne December 3, 2018 11:14 AM GMT
Has a football club ever appointed a manager from outside football?
Report Crisp77 December 3, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
The trouble is that when his best players take to the field they are wearing Liverpool shirts.
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 3, 2018 1:32 PM GMT
..as a saints just praying the rumours about Moyes aren't correct. !!
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 3, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
.. saints fan.
Report sparrow December 3, 2018 1:49 PM GMT
If I was a saints fan I would be highly delighted to get Moyes.
Report FredRescue December 3, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
Harry has just left the jungle Wink
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 3, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
Sparrow I respect your opinions on the Dogs, but please let this managerial merry-go-round give us someone better than
2 previous failures.
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 3, 2018 2:08 PM GMT
Fred, I will treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.! Good one btw.Wink
Report sparrow December 3, 2018 2:09 PM GMT
Moyes rescued my team last season from the relegation places to mid table and transformed Arnautovic from zero to a hero.
Report Crisp77 December 3, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
The Golden Boot is as good as Shane Long's then...
Report Deepdale Dreamer December 3, 2018 2:34 PM GMT
Sacked in January by Stoke, no doubt with a nice pay off. Kept Southampton up and given a 3 year contract. Sacked again in December no doubt with another nice pay off. Sacked twice in a year for not being good enough and laughing all the way to the bank. As has been said, no doubt he'll fool another chairman into a manager's job because he was once a good player for Man United. I'd be gutted if he ever took over PNE
Report lurka December 3, 2018 2:39 PM GMT
More money in being a failed manager. AVB cleaned up at Spurs and Chelsea as well. And Chelsea had to pay Porto €25m to get him released.
Report miss.wales December 3, 2018 4:32 PM GMT
I think it was going from "it's astonishing we haven't got VAR in this day and age " after the Watford game to "this VAR is just nonsense" after the Leicester League Cup tie a few days later that convinced the Southampton owners he was too big a liability to hold on to.
Report stewarts rise December 3, 2018 5:06 PM GMT
Whose Ralph Hassenhuttl when he's at home?
Report Scamp the man December 3, 2018 6:53 PM GMT
Didn't Mark Hughes win the Spanish lottery when he was playing in spain ...or was that just a rumour ...
Report 1st time poster December 3, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
he,s been winning the EPL managerial lottery for years
Report Des Pond December 3, 2018 7:58 PM GMT
Someone once said "it's hard to motivate a dressing room full of millionares". While this is true, it must be 20 times harder for a dour, miserable malcontent like Hughes. Why clubs keep employing this streak of misery is beyond me.
Report sofaking December 4, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
Fat Sam Allardyce has just been spotted at Southampton airport apparently.   Wonder what the odds on Hughes working in the PL again. Fired twice in a year by two separate clubs.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com