Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rommel
27 Aug 18 08:47
| Topic/replies: 28,954 | Blogger: rommel's blog
any ideas?what sort of game will we get?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 260
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 27 Aug 18 08:48
ive backed over 1.5 man u attacks.
By:
rommel
When: 27 Aug 18 08:50
morp might be close that one,if jose doesnt go for it-at home.....
By:
scaredmoney
When: 27 Aug 18 09:28
JM has the bus in reverse as i type.
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Aug 18 09:56
I'd be very wary of backing Spurs here - won their first couple of games without really performing and this is the sort of game to which historically they don't turn up. We went there last year bang in form in the League, never off a yard on the day, pretty disgusting performance as it happens.
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 10:04
Hmm, man u 6/4 home to spurs?
Well either its fill your boots time or the market suspects the utd squad is going to down tools a la fabregas et al, chelsea 2015/16.
Tottenham will turn up and play which probably means its the perfect fixture for jose.
As good as we are, there is nothing between the forward lines. Lukaku, rashford and lingard will be the equal of kane, delli and lucas m. And then the home advantage for utd will be the difference.
The caveats are that pogba has to play in a midfield 3. I suspect we will see ander h tonight. Mores the pity.
The other is the attitude. The down tools syndrome. Even when jose lost the dressing room at chelsea the players still found it in them to get up for the arsenal game. Won 2-0.
There is an argument that spurs should play only kane up top and flood the midfield. The only time in recent memory i can remember a spurs team doing this was when harry redknapp got called before the judge and joe jordan took charge at anfield. Adebayor up top on his own and a well earned 0-0.
Cant see poch doing that.
I fear the worst.
Again..
By:
n88uk
When: 27 Aug 18 10:13
Prices look about right to me, if anything Utd a tad short, but not enough to get involved. Jed is right, Spurs haven't looked that convincing in their first 2 games, but still Utd have looked worse. Spurs seems to never turn up vs Utd away, but sooner or later they are will, and this Utd team is probably as much there for the taking as it has been since the Moyes season.

It's a big game for Utd, Mourinho has had a lot of bad results in his Utd time, but they've tended to be 1 offs, and soon after them he would get a big win to appease the situation a bit in a game like this, but at same time Utd don't feel far from the slippery slope downwards. Lose this and it feels like they're on that slippery slope to oblivion this season (aka the Mourinho meltdown).
By:
rommel
When: 27 Aug 18 10:20
forget history,its bunk,shouldnt have any say in anything.pooc should just go there and have a go,use kane,utd are light up front,luk just isnt the deal
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 27 Aug 18 10:22
Spurs have a poor record in this fixture but we’re only narrowly beaten last season without Kane spurs have started well and united about what you would expect from them

Last season to their credit they won some key fixtures at key times haven’t looked at the prices yet but will look for some interest whilst viewing
Probably after teams are announced

On first thoughts spurs have the better team play the better football decent keeper if he plays better defense more goal threat higher confidence better start to season

United have home advantage
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 10:53
It must be said that spurs supposed poor record at OT was up against the man utd of fergus. The club that won 13 titles in 21 years.
Only chelsea had a decent record in that time to my mind.
And in a lot of those games spurs werent that bad.
I can remember clattyburg letting nani score off a spurs free kick.
I can remember spurs being 2 up under harry before sir howard webb stepped in awarding the home team a non existent pen. (we lost 5-2 but i wont go into that)
I can remember wes brown handling on the line, then nani again, popping up in the last minutes and scoring a wonder goal.
I can remember another game we lost 3-1 to two pens
I can remember dawson getting sent off with a pen for handball after rooney pushed him in the back.
And of course roy carroll chucking one over the line which none of the officials managed to see.

History may be bunk but up against that litany of hard luck stories that 6/4 looks mighty big to me chaps
By:
EUGENE KRABS
When: 27 Aug 18 11:09
Still amazing to watch how far over the line this was Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowj6Qx78so
By:
mafeking
When: 27 Aug 18 11:18
strange to think we won up there in 2013 and 2014 under AVB and sherwood (!) with probably our 2 poorest teams of the last 10 years yet haven't scored a goal up there in 4 seasons

don't care what a shambles united were last week - they probably won't concede 3 goals as bad as that again in a game for the next 5 seasons - they should never be 2.6 at home to spurs or anyone except city for that matter. very little to choose between the 2 teams

of course spurs's record in these sort of games is historically awful just 2 wins in 20 under pochettino although these games are very hard to win. take out city last season and the other 5 teams managed just 3 wins in 25 attempts i think. that said spurs last 2 efforts much improved playing liverpool off the park for long periods and winning cosily at chelsea
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 27 Aug 18 11:25
I think you may be overeating this opposition and taking last weeks performance as a one off I think they played to their ability I’d be suprised if spurs didn’t win and win easily

But I’ve been suprised before I guess
By:
stu
When: 27 Aug 18 11:40
Always bad to eat too much of your opponents... Grin
By:
stu
When: 27 Aug 18 11:42
FWIW I agree with RP - backing Spurs draw-no-bet for me.
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Aug 18 11:42
Someone should have pointed that out to Luis Suarez.
By:
OnePercenter
When: 27 Aug 18 11:50
José is seriously rattled.

The pressure at United is just as great as Madrid. Every game is a must win game.

At RM he had Ronaldo and Ramos to fight for him on the pitch at United he has no one.

Lay United every game till José is gone.
By:
ericster
When: 27 Aug 18 12:00

Aug 27, 2018 -- 6:50AM, OnePercenter wrote:

José is seriously rattled. The pressure at United is just as great as Madrid. Every game is a must win game.At RM he had Ronaldo and Ramos to fight for him on the pitch at United he has no one.Lay United every game till José is gone.

Yup,
and how many players wouldn't want to be managed by Zidane?

By:
stu
When: 27 Aug 18 12:38
Laugh Jed, indeed
By:
the_don
When: 27 Aug 18 13:37
Plenty of options for the first time this season for Mourinho plus a shocker last time out so itl be tough to predict a fair bit of the first XI.

Spurs switched to a back 3/5 last game which is how they set up at Old Trafford last season. Utd could set up like that too, again as they did last season and it is something Mourinho does to match up to the opponents.

The game last season was a game of 'let's see who makes the first mistake' which is Mourinho's tactic against the better teams (Utd scored late and won 1-0).

I think if Spurs are cagey if could be similar, better for them to pressure a Utd team that isnt confident or fluent at the moment.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 27 Aug 18 13:53
how can you bet man utd at 2.56 for me something not right off the pitch i could not put anyone off betting spurs at 3.15 just because it's on tv does not mean you should have a bet so no bet for me
By:
Crisp77
When: 27 Aug 18 14:04
The game is a must watch for me. It could be the last time we see Mourinho manage a game in the Premier League.
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 14:31
Guys i think you have to look at this objectively.
It is not so much about jose, so long as the squad hasnt downed tools.
All this jose fuss is based on one game at brighton.
He had a makeshift center mid partnership of two brazilian boys, fred and pereira who didnt handle their first away day in the prem too well.
Bailly and lindelof got exposed and glenn murray does what he does. He is a very good english style center forward.

I have to say some of the media on the post fergie man utd managers has been very unfair.
Must be remembered that fergus didnt win every game 5-0. Plenty of his home games, especially those after awkward champions league away games were flat as pancakes. And fergus was operating in a much less competitive epl.
Plenty of city, liv and spurs games feature the home team trying to break down the proverbial parked bus. Same circumstances that jose faces. And liv only beat brighton one up didnt they? Not exactly champagne football.

The point being is that unless there is a genuine player revolt going on at man utd then they can be expected to put in a performance tonight. And the price is pretty big...
By:
ian merseyside
When: 27 Aug 18 14:32
Even if we take the Brighton result/performance as a one-off, I didn't think Man Utd looked very convincing against Leicester. It will be interesting to see how the crowd react if Spurs get the first goal. You would normally expect Man Utd to come out all guns blazing and bounce back with a win.....but then this is Jose!
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 27 Aug 18 14:54
Spurs are just a better team doesn’t mean they will win but it’s a good base to start imo
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Aug 18 15:03
Are Spurs really a better team? Granted they are more adept at beating bad sides, but every time Spurs play an important game - which this is for Spurs - they lose, normally after they've been in front.

If Spurs were a horse, they would have the double squiggle.
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 15:09
This myth about man utd all guns blazing.
Fergus, despite his 'only tottenham, lads' gambit was very reticent about going for us at OT.
At home against a good team as we, spurs, are  you simply can not push 8 men forward and leave the center backs exposed.
Even when they had the best forward line in club football in the roonaldo years the games were often close.
Different at the lane. Man Utd would just sit back and pick us off on the counter when we over reached ourselves.

Jose will know he can not afford to let us play on the counter with acres of space.
He will prepare accordingly and he I hope I am wrong but will probably win.
By:
sofaking
When: 27 Aug 18 16:01
Another pessimistic Spurs fan signing in. Blush This is exactly the type of game where Spurs fail to show up and I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from backing Man U at those odds.  We can more than likely expect a reaction from Man U after their performance v Brighton last week.
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 27 Aug 18 16:34
Probably lay united plus 2 and plus 1
By:
ONSLOW1974
When: 27 Aug 18 17:12
Craig Pawson ref-2 EPL matches & 2 reds.
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 17:15
Bit of a game changer this, if true...

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1034103982627672065

Do not really know what to make of this... Jose never plays 3 at the back does he?
By:
jollyswagman
When: 27 Aug 18 17:18
jose usually plays 9 at the back Laugh
By:
grumpyjim
When: 27 Aug 18 17:22
we have got what we have paid into .. so far .. but   ..a lot harder as teams around us are all improved at times .. despite all 6 biggies have had bad results  already ..
J.M.     AT  least 2 years  yet to get him nearer  Retiring .. as many roads blocked for his future .. if performances  ..  slump too many times ..  then unlikely ......to WALK THE WALK ..  so trapped everyone .. staff fans .. sponsors  and on it goes .. unhappy .. bosses  ...........   from  ....Boardroom to the Boot ..Room ..   .  and  .....ARMCHAIR  ...... payers ..  ... CAN WALK TO FRIDGE AND SINK  into another few beers .. one way or another ..   have a good ..  M.N.F.    . thank you  .................SKY .     Monday Night Football ...for uniniciated ..        looks like they are having hard time as some footie getting dropped .. in  various leagues ..  3 points will go down very well after last weeks demise ..  we deserve better  ........... RED         ............          Devils ., ??
By:
1st time poster
When: 27 Aug 18 17:30
form, players, teams etc at the end of the day in the so called golden period under pooch spuds have won 3 of 28 away games against the top sides,lets hope they don't have an iron period
By:
sofaking
When: 27 Aug 18 17:42

Aug 27, 2018 -- 12:30PM, 1st time poster wrote:

form, players, teams etc at the end of the day in the so called golden period under pooch spuds have won 3 of 28 away games against the top sides,lets hope they don't have an iron period

Spurs don't win away at the other top sides and the other top sides don't win away at Spurs.  Wink

By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Aug 18 17:57
neither of these two sides are as good as they are made out to be
doubt the Utd players are downing tools as such..they just aren't very good
Spurs shouldn't really lose this but as has been stated above
they will probably contrive to so do
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 27 Aug 18 18:11
Its just gotten an odd goal manure win written all over Cry

All the problems this past week for Mourinho he's bound to get a win isn't he?
By:
thelatarps
When: 27 Aug 18 18:20
de gea
shaw and valencia
matic, smalling and jones
herrera, fred, pog
jesse and luk

Fluck me bandy. 2 forwards  plus whatever pog can offer.
What the actual is that Jose?
A resignation letter?
Surely not even spurs can fluck this up?
By:
sofaking
When: 27 Aug 18 18:20

Aug 27, 2018 -- 1:11PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Its just gotten an odd goal manure win written all over All the problems this past week for Mourinho he's bound to get a win isn't he?

Yep.

By:
johnnythebull
When: 27 Aug 18 18:36
let's hope not..keep the foot firmly on the little c*nt's throat
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML