Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
13 Aug 18 15:19
| Topic/replies: 21,620 | Blogger: FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK's blog
think we need to spend another 100m
Imo
Going to take a while to gel but that yesterday was as bad as I ever seen us
Noble rice combo is rank to slow
Wiltshire gamble not going to work he’s gone imo

Where in need of  drinkwater imo something bit more Mobility centre mid
Loan move would be good
Pause Switch to Standard View Same **** different season WESTHAM CHAT
Show More
Report Emitdeb April 25, 2022 5:44 PM BST
I know you're not confused or deluded FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK.... Happy
Report Emitdeb April 25, 2022 5:47 PM BST
but some are still jibbering and jabbering about New contracts and If he signs this and that... Confused
Report sparrow April 25, 2022 6:08 PM BST
Only emitbed is deluded here as we all know that Rice will be leaving at some point in the near future. Its all about our club getting the best possible deal.
Report Emitdeb April 25, 2022 6:18 PM BST
Good Luck Guys for Thursday and especially Sunday!  Happy
Report swiftynifty April 25, 2022 6:34 PM BST
I'm not sure Rice will be in great hurry to go to Chelsea having witnessed a half empty Stamford Bridge there yesterday and laughing along to the away fans chants. The view was good but the stadium is poky.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 28, 2022 6:03 AM BST
The junkers are coming back to eastend today
Old bill going have job on today let alone rice and co
Buzzing for tonight early finish for few jars at London Bridge
Than back to cunning town rd mums for the match !!!
No chance of tickets could sold this game 2-3 times over
Report sparrow April 28, 2022 9:26 AM BST
West Ham should have no sense of inferiority when they aim to reach their first European final in 46 years, says manager David Moyes.

"We have got a good chance," he told BBC Sport before the first leg of their Europa League semi-final with German side Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday (20:00 BST).

"They are a really good side, who have put out a couple of big teams in this competition. But we have as well. I want us to feel positive about it and try and enjoy it as much as we can.

"We have to start getting used to it and thinking this is where we are supposed to be."

It is the first time Moyes has reached the last four in Europe, having experienced knockout-stage exits earlier in his career at Everton and Manchester United. His only final as a top-flight manager came in 2009, when Everton were beaten by Chelsea in the FA Cup.

Now 59, Moyes took time out from preparations for the first leg at a sold-out London Stadium that are so detailed he has been working late into the night this week at Hammers' Rush Green training complex, to speak exclusively to BBC Sport about his career in management, how the job has changed - and why he won't go on as long as Roy Hodgson.

You had 19 months out of the game between being sacked by West Ham and returning. Did you think nights like this would return?

"I always hoped they would. But you need an opportunity. I didn't think we should have been let go in the first place. Maybe if we had stayed, we would have been a couple of years further down the line than we are now.

"Thankfully the owners came back. I am really grateful to them. We can all make mistakes in life but they were big enough to come back and get me. I was really close to another Premier League job at that time. But when West Ham came in and wanted me back, I thought 'no, I am having a go at that'. But the job I was given to keep the club up was even tougher than the first time. I feared it was going to be too difficult. Thankfully, we got through it.

"When I was at Manchester I would have liked to turn it around and do something quickly but over time, it has suited me better to build it, layer on layer, add a bit, next window, improve the team as you go along. That is what we did at Everton. That was a real build and showed exactly what I could do.

"I knew if I could be given a little bit of time at West Ham, there was so much room to improve. Loads of things had to be changed. I still think there is. But I have really good owners compared to what some of the clubs are putting up with just now. We have a great group of supporters who are right behind the team and are backing the club. That makes a huge difference."

There has been criticism of West Ham's recent recruitment, particularly in not buying a back-up striker for Michail Antonio. What would you say to this?

"The media plays a big part in it. They want clubs to spend money because it is news and there is plenty to write and speak about. But you are running a business, so you must do things correctly.

"There will be periods when you say 'sorry, there isn't anything out there to buy'. Recruitment is really important. It is easy to waste money and you will probably lose your job if you bring in signings that don't work.

"If ever there was a year that showed spending money might not always be the way forward, this year would probably prove that."
You had 19 months out of the game between being sacked by West Ham and returning. Did you think nights like this would return?

"I always hoped they would. But you need an opportunity. I didn't think we should have been let go in the first place. Maybe if we had stayed, we would have been a couple of years further down the line than we are now.

"Thankfully the owners came back. I am really grateful to them. We can all make mistakes in life but they were big enough to come back and get me. I was really close to another Premier League job at that time. But when West Ham came in and wanted me back, I thought 'no, I am having a go at that'. But the job I was given to keep the club up was even tougher than the first time. I feared it was going to be too difficult. Thankfully, we got through it.

"When I was at Manchester I would have liked to turn it around and do something quickly but over time, it has suited me better to build it, layer on layer, add a bit, next window, improve the team as you go along. That is what we did at Everton. That was a real build and showed exactly what I could do.

"I knew if I could be given a little bit of time at West Ham, there was so much room to improve. Loads of things had to be changed. I still think there is. But I have really good owners compared to what some of the clubs are putting up with just now. We have a great group of supporters who are right behind the team and are backing the club. That makes a huge difference."

There has been criticism of West Ham's recent recruitment, particularly in not buying a back-up striker for Michail Antonio. What would you say to this?

"The media plays a big part in it. They want clubs to spend money because it is news and there is plenty to write and speak about. But you are running a business, so you must do things correctly.

"There will be periods when you say 'sorry, there isn't anything out there to buy'. Recruitment is really important. It is easy to waste money and you will probably lose your job if you bring in signings that don't work.

"If ever there was a year that showed spending money might not always be the way forward, this year would probably prove that."
Report sparrow April 28, 2022 9:38 AM BST
West Ham fans of a certain vintage get misty-eyed when they remember the last time they saw their side in a major European semi-final. The rain was incessant, the pitch a muddy mess and those who were there insist that Upton Park was packed three hours before kick-off, the atmosphere bubbling and the nervous tension rising as the crowd prepared to roar John Lyall’s side on against Eintracht Frankfurt 46 years ago.

It was one of those wild East End nights, an occasion that has gone down in claret and blue folklore, and inevitably there have been plenty of references to it during the buildup to one of the biggest games in the club’s history. The boys of 1976 were at the training ground this week, regaling David Moyes with tales of their run to the final of the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1976, and there is a temptation to assume that victory is written in the stars given that Frankfurt again stand in West Ham’s way as they attempt to keep their European adventure going.

This is a chance for the class of 2022 to write a new story. West Ham have attacked the Europa League with relish, and excitement levels are high before their semi-final. “I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a game so much,” Mark Noble said, capturing the mood before the first leg at the London Stadium on Thursday night. “Winning the competition would be life-changing for all these players, and also for a club and fanbase that has really stuck with their team.”

Nobody needs to tell Noble how much this means to West Ham. The 34-year-old midfielder has seen it all since his debut 18 years ago and, although he pointed out that Frankfurt deserve respect after beating Barcelona in the last eight, he has been dreaming about closing his career by lifting the Europa League trophy in Sevilla next month. “I wouldn’t be disrespectful to Frankfurt,” Noble said. “But I would be lying if I said I don’t think about it.”

Noble is desperate to go out on a high. He has not played in a better West Ham side. “Sometimes you get an incredible mix of talent, hard work, honesty,” the club captain said. “A group of players that have got no egos and work for each other. A manager who doesn’t let anything slide, who demands hard work. That’s worked. But we’ve also got some very, very good players.”

West Ham are united. Noble praised Craig Dawson, an unfashionable defender who has excelled throughout this run, and he summed up the squad’s togetherness when the focus switched to Declan Rice, the talisman and midfield general. “Dec’s a better person than he is a player,” he said. “And we all know how good Dec is. He’s one of the best in the world.”

West Ham will need a strong performance from Rice against Frankfurt. Injuries in central defence have given Moyes a headache. Angelo Ogbonna and Issa Diop are out, and Kurt Zouma has only a slight chance of being on the bench after stepping up his recovery on an ankle injury.

It would be a huge boost if Zouma returns, although Moyes does not want to rush the Frenchman back before next week’s second leg. The likelihood is that West Ham will continue with a back three of Dawson, Aaron Cresswell and Ben Johnson, even if that means leaving out Pablo Fornals or Manuel Lanzini in attacking midfield and playing slightly more cautiously.

Equally Moyes will know that West Ham, who defeated Sevilla in extra time in the last 16 and produced a stunning performance to win their quarter-final against Lyon, are capable of hurting Frankfurt. Oliver Glasner’s side, ninth in the Bundesliga, also have problems at the back. Evan Ndicka and Kristijan Jakic are suspended and regular watchers of Frankfurt are worried about them giving Jarrod Bowen too much space on the flanks.

West Ham, who are strong at home, are entitled to feel optimistic. They have come so far and are three games away from Champions League qualification. “I was joking with the lads the other day,” said Noble, who has no intention of reversing his decision to retire. “I’d happily come and watch the Champions League games with the Europa League trophy on the next chair. But that is way down the line.” First they have to get past Frankfurt. History is on the line.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 28, 2022 4:31 PM BST
Birra morrtti be £6 in newham ffs
This country is sick and wrong
Report colupaul April 28, 2022 4:58 PM BST
Fattie's watching the big game in Cannin Town, I'm watching in Co Mayo, anyone else?  Thought the experiment with a back three worked well on Sunday, Johnson didn't look out of place... feeling optimistic for tonight, was thinking of playing Frankfurt at the price but will leave it alone... it's gonna be a great occasion...
Report penzance April 28, 2022 6:18 PM BST
About time Antonio got on the score sheet.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 28, 2022 6:21 PM BST
It sure is Penzance he’s playing like winger
Which is what he is !!!
Report colupaul April 28, 2022 10:19 PM BST
Frustrating night, helter skelter game, talked meself out of a 3/1 to add insult to injury... set pieces didn't come off, they all seemed a little off their game tonight, maybe the occasion got to them, early goal didn't help, game plan out the window... heartbreak for Bowen with the overhead kick, heartbreak for me when Soucek missed the target with the header from the preceding corner, I backed him at 11/1 to score with his heed, c'est la vie... still only half-time in the tie, typically I doubt I'll be watching next week... Mischief
Report penzance April 28, 2022 10:20 PM BST
Good game tonight,tight.
Just on the wrong side of 2-1.
Very much still in this & fair play to Frankfurt
who probably shaded it.
Report colupaul April 28, 2022 10:20 PM BST
Preceding corner!? Read 'following'... muppit... Tongue Out
Report sparrow April 28, 2022 11:05 PM BST
Tough game for us tonight but still not impossible to salvage this tie.  Might not have had the rub of the green but thats football and next week we go again.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2022 4:47 AM BST
We need something different next week

We tend to struggle against teams that sit back

Can’t see how and why there change tactics against us 

We need plan b imo where big Andy Carroll

Big Sam needed in board room next Thursday!
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2022 4:53 AM BST
Only way beating this mob with our players
Get wide gets cross in for big Czech
Not going open them up with silky skills drop shoulders ain’t got players for it
Report sparrow April 29, 2022 8:58 AM BST
Michael Antonio strives in vain to add twist of the unknown for West Ham.

The forward brings unpredictability to his side and offers their best chance of retrieving the deficit against Eintracht Frankfurt

As the minutes leaked away in east London, the trickle of West Ham fans heading for the exits began to swell and thicken: first dozens, then hundreds and finally thousands. By full time there were white plastic seats as far as the eye could see. Perhaps this will come as no surprise to anyone who has ever found themselves trapped in the infamous London Stadium kettle, where the queues outside Stratford station can last well over an hour and you eventually begin to wonder whether you will ever see your family again.

Still, with West Ham straining every sinew in search of a famous equaliser, it was a strange look. Certainly, you had to wonder at the risk-reward calculus. Cons: potentially missing a defining last-minute goal in your team’s first European semi-final for 46 years. Pros: getting a seat on the Jubilee Line. And as the home side slipped to a disappointing if eminently retrievable defeat, it felt like an appropriate metaphor for a game in which they could just have dared a little more, dreamed a little harder.

You couldn’t fault West Ham’s commitment. They ran and chased and weathered the frequent squalls of pressure with courage. They put their necks on the line, and sometimes – as when Jarrod Bowen painfully found himself on the wrong end of a cross from Filip Kostic – even more tender parts of their anatomy. But against an Eintracht Frankfurt side who had conquered the Camp Nou and no longer feared anything or anyone, West Ham needed players to step up, to gild the game with class, to take their chances. Too many of them had 7/10 games.

Declan Rice tried. It had been a poor start for West Ham’s captain, failing to get close enough to Daichi Kamada or Rafael Borré as they created an opening goal for Ansgar Knauff within 50 seconds. But he grew into the game as it went on, playing braver passes, finding more dangerous spaces, keeping the attacks ticking over.

Bowen tried. It was his spectacular bicycle kick deep into injury time that rattled the bar and brought the departing West Ham fans sprinting back through the concourses. Bowen was a nuisance all night, winning crucial free-kicks and checking the forward runs of Kostic. But as ever, the quality of his final ball was mixed and he should probably have scored a one-on-one early in the first half.

But nobody tried harder than Michail Antonio. As West Ham reeled from the early Frankfurt goal, you could see David Moyes urging his side to recycle the ball quicker, to put it at risk, to get it forward. The game was already beginning to settle into a structure and that favoured Frankfurt. Borré was dragging West Ham’s defence out of shape and Sebastian Rode was running the midfield. What was needed was a dose of chaos. What was needed was Antonio.

There are few more tantalising moments in football than the few seconds when the ball is rolling towards Antonio, with a defender close by. Long before the ball has reached either of them you can see them grappling and jostling for supremacy, a flurry of arms and legs and torsos at unusual angles, like two men playing Twister in the back of a Volvo. When the ball finally arrives, pretty much anything can happen: a clearance, a free-kick, a clear run on goal, an opposition counterattack. You can never really be sure.

Moyes’s side is well-organised, well-drilled and sometimes a little predictable. More than anyone it is Antonio who gives them that point of difference, that little twist of the unknown. Perhaps he lacks the consistency to be considered among the Premier League’s elite strikers. He can go on mighty hot streaks, but until his equalising goal here he had not scored in almost two months.

But he always gives you an almighty work rate in attack and defence, a physical presence up front, and above all occupies defenders to the point where they are barely capable of thinking about anything else.

West Ham looked a little flat in the second half, perhaps as a result of all those games in their legs, and too often the telling pass or quality cross seemed to elude them. Kamada’s winning goal was probably deserved and had he scored 12 minutes from time rather than hitting the post, the tie might already be over. But if there was a positive to come out of this game then the return of Antonio to scoring form might just be it: a timely jolt of confidence just as West Ham’s season begins to sharpen to a point.

And nothing has been decided or settled yet. Lest we forget, Eintracht Frankfurt have won once at home in four months in all competitions, a team who thrive at breaking games open but are often less adept at controlling them. Urged forward by their boisterous home crowd, there will be frailties to exploit and wide open spaces to be found. And the tireless Antonio will be their best hope of finding them.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2022 10:03 AM BST
Load of clap trap written by some ****
Moyes needs a different plan to try break the German wall down
Next week cos we haven’t get Man City types open them up
Going have to be getting ball wide putting in balls
They have got son son playing for them
Report sparrow April 29, 2022 10:10 AM BST
Perhaps you could write and advise Moyes, fattie.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2022 1:36 PM BST
squalls of pressure Is one line
Sparrow who talks like that ffs
Where did you cut and paste that from
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 29, 2022 1:45 PM BST
Westham do we’ll get a player on par
With that Daichi Kamada caNt see him playing for them after this season
Report sofaking April 29, 2022 4:42 PM BST
German commentators attacked by West Am fans... https://youtu.be/VAgINzKV0ds
Report sparrow April 29, 2022 4:51 PM BST
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK 29 Apr 22 13:36 
squalls of pressure Is one line
Sparrow who talks like that ffs
Where did you cut and paste that from

I'm originally from Hackney and proud of it fattie and I enjoyed the piece irrespective of the words used.
Report sparrow April 29, 2022 7:46 PM BST
sofaking Joined: 08 Nov 07
Replies: 4076729 Apr 22 16:42 
German commentators attacked by West Am fans... https://youtu.be/VAgINzKV0ds

West Ham say "two offenders have been identified" after German commentators were allegedly attacked during the 2-1 defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt.

German newspaper Bild reported the commentators had their headsets ripped off and thrown on the floor at London Stadium on Thursday.

A Hammers spokesperson said: "As well as continuing our own investigation, in line with our zero-tolerance approach, the offenders details have also been passed onto the police, who will now conduct their own investigation."

The incident in question happened after West Ham's Michail Antonio equalised in the first leg of the Europa League semi-final.

The broadcasters, working for German station ARD, were commentating from the back row of the media section, which had supporters directly behind it.

"If the offenders are found guilty, they will be given an indefinite ban and not be permitted to enter London Stadium, nor travel with the club," added the West Ham spokesperson.

"Behaviour of this kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at West Ham United."
Report colupaul April 30, 2022 8:41 PM BST
Wolves winning the race for 8th... Laugh
Report sofaking April 30, 2022 9:23 PM BST
Is it too much to ask for you lot to show up against Arsenal tomorrow?   West Ham are a better team than Arse but 1.82 for the away win says it all. The market thinks they'll just roll over and die. Cry
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 30, 2022 9:34 PM BST
Seals the deal that wolves result
We don’t have to worry about tomorrow
Report sofaking April 30, 2022 9:39 PM BST

Apr 30, 2022 -- 9:34PM, FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK wrote:

Seals the deal that wolves result We don’t have to worry about tomorrow

Pathetic attitude. You're already beaten before the game even starts. Blush

Report Emitdeb April 30, 2022 9:52 PM BST
Leave it out sofa.. Got their biggest game since 1966 on Thursday... Plain
Report sofaking April 30, 2022 10:10 PM BST

Apr 30, 2022 -- 9:52PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Leave it out sofa.. Got their biggest game since 1966 on Thursday...

But FATTIE has already written off their chances for that game also.

Report Emitdeb April 30, 2022 10:13 PM BST
Every club has its pessimist.... Wink
Report sofaking April 30, 2022 10:17 PM BST

Apr 30, 2022 -- 10:13PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Every club has its pessimist....

Tongue Out

Report sparrow April 30, 2022 10:20 PM BST
The game tomorrow is one West Ham could have done without and its as simple as that.
Report sofaking April 30, 2022 10:25 PM BST

Apr 30, 2022 -- 10:20PM, sparrow wrote:

The game tomorrow is one West Ham could have done without and its as simple as that.

If you want to be eventually perceived as a "big club" then you need to accept occasional fixture congestion.

Report sparrow April 30, 2022 10:45 PM BST
We cannot be a "big club" until such time as we can have a squad to match. All the teams around us in the top 10 of the Pemier League have large squads with some having so many players they have to loan them out all over the place. It is an incredible achievement to have had the season we have had with so few players but the manager must be given more resources for next season to continue his progress.
Report penzance April 30, 2022 11:23 PM BST
The game against Arsenal is a League game,in other
words has to be played.
I hope he puts out a strong side.
The Gooners are getting 4th handed to 'em,if not.
Report colupaul April 30, 2022 11:54 PM BST
All is not lost for Spurs fans tomorrow... 6th place is still up for grabs and a win against Arsenal will put pressure on United who face Brentford on Monday and then Brighton and Palace away to finish the season... the best path to next season's Europa League may be through finishing 6th, I think Moyes will put out a strong team, am beginning to think the home win is looking a bit of value prior to the line up being known...
Report Emitdeb May 1, 2022 1:07 AM BST
Let me clear this confusion up.. Spurs will finish in 4th spot and will play Champions League football next season.

Moyes will rest the majority of his first team for tomorrows match against Arsenal, would be madness not to.. hth.
Report Emitdeb May 1, 2022 1:20 AM BST
Anyone got a fancy for the Guineas tomorrow?
Report sofaking May 1, 2022 2:25 AM BST

May 1, 2022 -- 1:07AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Let me clear this confusion up.. Spurs will finish in 4th spot and will play Champions League football next season.Moyes will rest the majority of his first team for tomorrows match against Arsenal, would be madness not to.. hth.

I do not share your wild optimism, Emitdeb. Think Leicester'll do 'em.

Report sofaking May 1, 2022 2:35 AM BST
Playing my role as the pessimistic Spurs supporter. ^  Crazy
Report Emitdeb May 1, 2022 6:21 AM BST
I do not share your wild optimism, Emitdeb. Think Leicester'll do 'em.

Relax, Spurs and arsenal in a double... pays 6/4 ish. Happy
Report Emitdeb May 1, 2022 6:22 AM BST
We're gonna overstay our welcome on this fred... Whoops
Report penzance May 1, 2022 7:11 AM BST
Bang on.
So fck off.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 8:04 AM BST
I’ve Written nothing off today we play Arsenal at wrong time sparrow cleared that up fantastic , size of team is a joke , nothing more I’d like than beating up gunners today
For midweek I just think we need something different to win German more time than not Westham done things
Completely not like old Westham use to do !

Mark noble get run out today few others will be rested up
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 8:06 AM BST
Without Dawson too
Report colupaul May 1, 2022 11:39 AM BST
Maybe the club see 7th place and semi final of a European competition as a successful season. Lose today, out the cup on Thursday, at the end of May how will that be viewed by the hierarchy?
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 12:42 PM BST
It ain’t bad season but let’s get it straight
If we got one or two in the window could be playing today keep hold of 4th place
It’s incredible when you think we haven’t been our best since October
If we carried that form though ****nose where we be
Report Emitdeb May 1, 2022 3:50 PM BST
Playing the A team vs Arsenal... Plain Good luck!
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 3:53 PM BST
Strong enough
Daws Antonio big Czech missing
Not a team but strong enough not to get whacked
Report sofaking May 1, 2022 4:31 PM BST

May 1, 2022 -- 7:11AM, penzance wrote:

Bang on.So fck off.

Sad

Report colupaul May 1, 2022 4:33 PM BST
Looking forward to this, Gunners feeling the pressure might be in West Ham's favour, tight game, 1-0 either way I reckon...
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 5:21 PM BST
Playing well if brings on big Czech and Antonio
We could nick this
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 6:25 PM BST
Poor at two corners
Thought played ok better than should’ve of
Report sparrow May 1, 2022 6:32 PM BST
Not a bad performance in the circumstances but I think Arsenal need a new physiopherapist with so many players unable to get up from the ground after falling over.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 1, 2022 10:12 PM BST
Lack of quality from benrahma tonails in final 3rd
But there not wide players are they
Only true wide player we gave is our striker Laugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 3, 2022 3:01 PM BST
We Moyes gamble
Play benrahma as number 10
Not out on poxy left wing
We need creative not side way passing
Report penzance May 3, 2022 4:52 PM BST
Got to create chances,Fatty,at least and take 1
or we're out.
Report swiftynifty May 3, 2022 6:54 PM BST
Anyone enter the UEFA ballot and get lucky?
Report swiftynifty May 4, 2022 7:19 PM BST
At full strength bar the Og, it's all worked out OK.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 4, 2022 7:36 PM BST
What as ?
Report swiftynifty May 4, 2022 8:40 PM BST
45odd games gone with a dreadfully thin squad and we go into the final furlong all fit bar one. Fantastic job from the medical team and a fair chunk of luck to boot.
Report penzance May 5, 2022 10:31 AM BST
Today's the day.
If we do go out,let's hope it's not with
a whimper.
COYI
  GL
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 5, 2022 1:28 PM BST
That’s it let’s hope we give 100%
No Regrets get the job done irons !
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 5, 2022 7:12 PM BST
Lanzini number 10
Let’s hope he’s better than last week
Report elise May 5, 2022 7:36 PM BST
that's nailed on for him to score the winner then lol
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 5, 2022 8:21 PM BST
Omg Cressy gone done it again ffs
Pile of wank
Report elise May 5, 2022 8:25 PM BST
nightmare
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 5, 2022 8:27 PM BST
All over cheers Cressy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 5, 2022 9:59 PM BST
Moyes lost his rag gave me raised smile
That about it
Same old Westham shot our self’s in the foot
Once again
Season over
Report penzance May 5, 2022 10:12 PM BST
Gave their all in the end.
Mountain to climb with 10 men.
Cresswell got sent off through rank bad defending.
Best side over the 2 legs won at the end of the day.
Just like Gale against Forest,semi over.
Report sparrow May 5, 2022 10:55 PM BST
A disappointing night without doubt but a good season which we must learn from and build for the future.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 6, 2022 5:35 AM BST
Your right sparrow but
Could been o so much more
Opportunities gone begging
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 6, 2022 6:09 AM BST
Moyes red was even more special from other angle
Have it moment Laugh
Report sparrow May 6, 2022 1:52 PM BST
Moyes sorry for kicking ball at ballboy during West Ham’s Europa League exit
West Ham manager shown red card for losing his cool
‘I kicked a ball back at the ballboy so I apologise for that’

David Moyes apologised for losing his cool after West Ham’s manager was sent off for lashing out at a ballboy as his side’s hopes of reaching the Europa League final were ended by Eintracht Frankfurt.

Moyes, who was disappointed after West Ham fell to a 3-1 defeat on aggregate, admitted that he had no defence after he lost his cool with a time-wasting local. “I kicked a ball back at the ballboy so I apologise for that,” the Scot said. “He threw it very softly at me.”

West Ham were up against it after losing Aaron Cresswell to a foolish red card after 19 minutes. Cresswell was dismissed for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity when he fouled Jens Petter Hauge and Frankfurt, who will face Rangers in the final in Seville, made the most of their numerical advantage when Rafael Borré scored the only goal of the game.

Moyes, who criticised Frankfurt’s coaching staff for appealing for Cresswell to be sent off, was proud of his side’s efforts with 10 men. “Things didn’t go for us on the night,” he said. “I’m really proud of the players. How they played with 10 men was fantastic. Other teams would have folded. But they boys here are great. Tough boys.

“I just feel disappointment because this was a chance. We’ve played better teams than Frankfurt. If we’re being honest, we probably lost the game in the first 30 seconds of the game at the London Stadium where we conceded a goal. Really from that moment we’ve been chasing the game ever since.”

The pain was huge in West Ham’s dressing room. “We’re gutted in there,” Declan Rice said. “We’ve come so far as a group. We’re proud as well to go down to 10 men and put in that shift. I’ve lost big games, lads in there have lost big games, but I come off with my chest held high.”

On a demoralising night for West Ham it also emerged that a visiting fan was arrested for making a Nazi salute inside the ground. “Our forces arrested a person in the guest block who had previously shown the Hitler salute,” Frankfurt Police tweeted.
Report DOUBLED May 6, 2022 6:16 PM BST
Don't forget to wave goodbye to Declan Rice Laugh
Report sparrow May 6, 2022 7:15 PM BST
DOUBLED 06 May 22 18:16 
Don't forget to wave goodbye to Declan Rice

And don't forget to shut the door doubled on your way out.
Report 11kv May 6, 2022 9:41 PM BST
Laugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 8, 2022 7:47 PM BST
First game I haven’t watched in ages
Still down after Thursday happenings
Report sparrow May 9, 2022 8:22 AM BST
We showed great character in coming back after that game on Thursday so full credit to all for a very professional attitude yesterday. Excellent support from the thousands of fans who travelled to Norwich to show their support for the club.
Report sparrow May 11, 2022 8:43 AM BST
West Ham’s search for a new striker has led to David Moyes identifying Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkins as a key target this summer. Moyes is desperate to add more quality to his attack and Watkins has impressed since leaving Brentford for £28m two years ago.

West Ham have explored the possibility of signing the England international and could decide to test Villa’s resolve by bidding for the 26-year-old, who has scored 11 goals for club and country this season.

There has been talk that Steven Gerrard could be prepared to sell Watkins, although it is likely Villa would demand at least £50m. Watkins has made huge strides since moving to Villa Park and has a good chance of being included in England’s squad for the World Cup this year.

It is easy to see why Watkins appeals to Moyes. The former Brentford striker is a mobile, energetic presence in attack and would appear to suit West Ham’s style of play. West Ham usually operate with a lone striker and need someone who can occupy opposition defences on their own.

Michail Antonio has performed that job admirably but Moyes is acutely aware of the need to provide the 32-year-old striker with more competition. Antonio, who is West Ham’s only senior striker, has scored four goals in 2022 and has looked weary in recent months.

West Ham, who hope to bounce back from the disappointment of their Europa League semi-final defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt by snatching sixth place from Manchester United, have other attacking targets. They have not given up their slim hopes of signing Benfica’s Darwin Núñez, who is expected to join an elite European club, and could move for Armando Broja after the Chelsea forward’s loan at Southampton ends.

Broja caught the eye during his appearances against West Ham this season, though no negotiations over a transfer can take place until Chelsea’s ownership situation has been resolved.

West Ham are also keeping track of Eddie Nketiah, who is yet to agree a new deal with Arsenal. Crystal Palace and Brighton are interested in signing Nketiah on a free transfer. The 22-year-old, who has boosted Arsenal’s top-four chances by scoring four goals in his past four games, wants regular football.

Moyes will be given funds as he tries to help West Ham regularly challenge for a top-six spot. They are also in the market for a centre-back and have looked at Nottingham Forest’s Joe Worrall as a potential replacement for Issa Diop, who could be allowed to leave. A move for James Tarkowski looks unlikely at the moment, with other clubs pushing harder to sign the Burnley centre-back on a free.

West Ham are also seeking to provide Aaron Cresswell with more competition at left-back, and want more cover for Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek in central midfield. Mark Noble is retiring at the end of the season and Alex Kral’s loan from Spartak Moscow has not been a success.

Andriy Yarmolenko is expected to leave West Ham this summer. Moyes will consider reinforcements in attacking midfield. He wants a left-winger and has looked at Hull’s Keane Lewis-Potter.
Report sparrow May 13, 2022 8:29 AM BST
West Ham working on deal to sign defender Nayef Aguerd from Rennes

Rennes could be willing to sell Moroccan for about £20m
Kalvin Phillips and Ward-Prowse also on Moyes’s wishlist

West Ham are working on a deal to sign the Rennes defender Nayef Aguerd. David Moyes wants to add a left-sided centre-back and has identified Aguerd as a key target.

West Ham made a move for the Morocco international last summer but were unable to prise him away from Rennes. They have remained interested in the 26-year-old, who has been a solid performer in Ligue 1 this season, and are expected to make a stronger push. An offer in the region of £20m could be enough to convince Rennes to sell.

Moyes would like to strengthen his defence despite having four senior centre-backs. Injuries have hurt West Ham this season. Angelo Ogbonna has been out since November with a serious knee injury and Kurt Zouma has had two spells on the sidelines. Craig Dawson was West Ham’s only fit centre-back when they lost to Chelsea last month, with Issa Diop ruled out with an ankle injury.

It is likely that West Ham, who reached the Europa League semi-finals, will need to shift one centre-back to make space for Aguerd. Diop, who has had an inconsistent campaign, could be sold for the right price.

West Ham have looked at several centre-backs in recent months. They admire Lille’s Sven Botman but are aware that the Netherlands international is likely to be targeted by some of Europe’s biggest clubs. Moyes has also looked at Nottingham Forest’s Joe Worrall and has continued to monitor James Tarkowski, who is set to leave Burnley on a free.

However other clubs are further down the line with Tarkowski. The centre-back is 29 and West Ham’s preference is to sign a younger player. Aguerd, who is left-footed and has slotted in at left-back at times, could fit the bill.

West Ham are also searching for additions in midfield. Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips and Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse are names on Moyes’s list. West Ham made an unsuccessful attempt to sign Phillips in January but the England international could be available if Leeds go down.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 13, 2022 9:29 AM BST
If and buts and twitter
If You read into what where going for on twitter
We have 20 new players incoming
150 million to spend and the two David’s asking
New fella for money

I’m not holding much hope in the summer
We need 3-4 out
8-10 in
Report sparrow May 13, 2022 11:13 AM BST
I don't use Twitter. My posts are mostly either from The Guardian Newspaper or The Evening Standard.
Report swiftynifty May 13, 2022 1:46 PM BST
sparrow, did you smile at the 8 year Rice offer? With inflation that £200,000 a week offer will be worth about £50,000 a week by 2030 , and that's for the future England captain. They really are a pair of jokers.
Report sparrow May 13, 2022 3:51 PM BST
Never really thought about it swifty to be honest.  I don't expect him to be at West Ham beyond next season but we live in hope.
Report swiftynifty May 13, 2022 4:12 PM BST
Be great if we got another season from him, we can live in hope indeed.
Report penzance May 15, 2022 4:38 PM BST
We win & Palace get a draw against the Mancs
we're back in Europe for 2nds.
Report sparrow May 15, 2022 5:13 PM BST
A bit of tough luck for us today conceding an own goal and the other being deflected. A good battling performance though to earn a point.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 22, 2022 5:51 PM BST
No tough luck today
****g bottle jobs we are
Report sparrow May 23, 2022 7:46 AM BST
David Moyes warned his West Ham players they will be out of the door should they repeat the dismal second-half performance which cost the club a Europa League return. West Ham, who endured semi-final heartbreak in the continental competition just over two weeks ago, were on course to snatch sixth position from Manchester United after Michail Antonio put them ahead. But second-half strikes from Joel Veltman, Pascal Gross and Danny Welbeck earned Brighton a deserved success to prevent Moyes’s men capitalising on United’s defeat at Crystal Palace.

The east London club must be content with a place in the Europa Conference League next term following the costly capitulation, much to the annoyance of their disgruntled manager.

“I’m just feeling there’s a missed opportunity and I’m really disappointed with our overall performance,” Moyes said.

“Second half, you could have driven a bus through us so many times and we didn’t show any real desire to make it hard for them to score against us.

“We didn’t play well and not like a West Ham team in the second half. Really disappointing. There was no resilience, no toughness, nothing about us in the second half. If we’re going to play like that then we’re going to be challenging in a different part of the league. I won’t have them if they’re going to play like that.”

West Ham’s trip to the Amex Stadium was their 56th fixture of a gruelling campaign, which included a two-legged loss to eventual winners Eintracht Frankfurt in the last four of the Europa League. The visitors returned for the second half in Sussex knowing that Ralf Rangnick’s side were behind against Palace but proceeded to fall apart as Veltman swiftly cancelled out Antonio’s superb opener before Gross and Welbeck struck in the final 10 minutes.

Moyes refused to blame tiredness for his team failing to take advantage of United’s slip up at Selhurst Park.

“I wouldn’t because I would feel it would be a excuse and I won’t give the players that room,” said the West Ham manager. “They know I’m not happy. I’m not really that bothered what their mood is, but you can tell what my mood is and I’m hoping my mood is reflecting on how they’re reacting and how they feel.
Report penzance May 23, 2022 10:16 PM BST
Palace done their job,we never.
Still 2yrs on the trot in Europe not bad.
Report penzance May 23, 2022 10:26 PM BST
Stuart Pearce has jacked in.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 24, 2022 6:17 AM BST
Most of the time our defending ****g terrible
I don’t see it as bad thing fresh ideas needed in
That department imo

Good luck Moyes in window **** nose who coming
But plenty are needed
Report sparrow May 24, 2022 8:22 AM BST
Stuart Pearce has stepped down from his role as West Ham United first-team coach.

In a statement on the club website, Pearce said: “It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision to leave West Ham United.

“It has been a pleasure and a privilege to work at the club over the past two years, but I have decided that now is the right time to step away and pursue other opportunities and challenges.

“It has been fantastic to work with the players and staff every day at Rush Green, a very special environment that I will miss greatly.

“I wish everyone at the club all the very best for the future and will always have a special place in my heart for West Ham United.”

The 60-year-old leaves West Ham after two seasons as part of David Moyes’ coaching staff, where the club finished sixth and seventh in the Premier League.

West Ham also qualified for European football in both campaigns, reaching the semi-final of the Europa League this season.

Other members of Moyes’ backroom staff included Billy McKinlay, Kevin Nolan, Paul Nevin and Xavi Valero.

The former England international enjoyed a spell at West Ham during his playing career and returned to the club as one of Moyes’ assistants during the 59-year-old’s first reign as West Ham manager in November 2017. He left the east London club at the end of the 2017-18 season, after Moyes’ contract was not renewed.

Pearce then rejoined the coaching staff as a first-team coach during Moyes’ second spell ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.
Report sofaking May 25, 2022 3:22 AM BST
Is Deco Rice staying for on more season lads?
Report sofaking May 25, 2022 3:22 AM BST
one*
Report sparrow May 25, 2022 5:39 AM BST
Almost certainly, sofaking.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com