Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
13 Aug 18 14:19
| Topic/replies: 20,602 | Blogger: FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK's blog
think we need to spend another 100m
Imo
Going to take a while to gel but that yesterday was as bad as I ever seen us
Noble rice combo is rank to slow
Wiltshire gamble not going to work he’s gone imo

Where in need of  drinkwater imo something bit more Mobility centre mid
Loan move would be good
Pause Switch to Standard View Same **** different season WESTHAM CHAT
Show More
Report penzance May 23, 2021 5:57 PM BST
good win.
Been a critic of Moyes but WD
him.
Report sofaking May 23, 2021 6:54 PM BST

May 19, 2021 -- 4:24PM, FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK wrote:

Good old corner Late sucker punch Lingard definitely gone off boil Moyles keeping him or tonails on When benrahma looking good mystery to me

The name is "Moyes".  Anyway, well done Hammers. Excited

Report penzance May 23, 2021 8:15 PM BST
re sparrow
your man did excellent in the end.
WD.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 23, 2021 9:09 PM BST
Hope owners rewards (moyes) with some new faces to tackle
Thursday Sunday game load
Report penzance July 21, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Fatty,this one?
Report 11kv July 21, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Laugh
Report Aspro July 21, 2021 5:51 PM BST
Double-jabbed; plays with the mind Devil
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 5:57 PM BST
penzance 21 Jul 21 14:47 
Fatty,this one?
11kv 21 Jul 21 16:41 
Laugh
Aspro 21 Jul 21 16:51 
Double-jabbed; plays with the mind

What are you all talking about here?   Is it a secret code or have I missed something?
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 6:00 PM BST
I suppose this was it.

West Ham owner David Sullivan has dismissed an informal approach to buy the club as "derisory" and says he has "no desire" to sell to a consortium that includes former Queens Park Rangers chief executive Philip Beard.

Beard's consortium made an informal approach in February and was prepared to submit an offer in excess of £400m.

It remains interested in the club and is now considering its next move.

However, it seems it might be wasting its time. "The offer was derisory," Sullivan told BBC Sport.

"They never produced any proof of funds and were looking to raise funds to do the deal."

Sullivan says he felt it was a "property not a football deal" and that the "vague proposal was not in the best interests of West Ham, its shareholders or supporters".

It has been suggested the consortium was prepared to give manager David Moyes funds to strengthen his squad after a low bid for West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, which was rejected out of hand by the Championship club.

However, Sullivan said: "At no time did they mention any money being available for new players."

Sullivan and co-owner David Gold bought the Hammers in 2010. Their time at the helm has been controversial, with criticism of investment in the Hammers' playing squad in addition to the anger generated by both the move to London Stadium in 2016 and perceived broken promises about what the switch would mean for the club.

Despite significant fan unrest, Sullivan said: "We have no desire to sell the club but get approached by many weird and wonderful people who lack the funds and have no experience in running a football club.

"Mr Beard did a truly exceptional job at QPR working with Tony Fernandes. Having done so well there he no doubt wanted to repeat the success at West Ham."

West Ham's status is complicated by restrictions over its 99-year tenancy at London Stadium.

And if the club were sold before 2023, Sullivan and David Gold would be subject to a 'windfall tax' on a rising scale up to 20% of anything over £300m.

West Ham enjoyed their best season since the switch to London Stadium under manager David Moyes last term.

The club secured a place in the group stage of the Europa League through their sixth-placed finish and are about to enjoy a 10th consecutive season of top-flight football.

That has not been bettered since the two decades between 1958 and 1979, which included two of the club's three FA Cup wins and their 1965 European Cup Winners' Cup triumph.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 21, 2021 7:00 PM BST
I found this posted on here this morn
About the bid
Than this afternoon it was gone

Same on greyhound about tonight
Posted about Newcastle tonight
It later was gone
Very odd
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Did you post it on this thread, fattie?
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 7:05 PM BST
Was this the greyhound post fattie?

FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK 21 Jul 21 08:40 
Jaguar Macie tonight
Anyone else think it’s got rotten draw ???
Or am I going mad
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 21, 2021 7:25 PM BST
I posted about westham early this morn
Put two posts up regarding Newcastle
One eArly the other around 2pm
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 3, 2021 10:25 AM BST
Best season in duck nose long
In Europe still trying there boot sale tactics on new signings, still lack of them
Wish they would do one sell up
On my knees praying every night this happens quickly

GOLD and Sullivan for sake of the club and fans
Sell cos you can’t take us on
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 3, 2021 10:25 AM BST
Best season in duck nose long
In Europe still trying there boot sale tactics on new signings, still lack of them
Wish they would do one sell up
On my knees praying every night this happens quickly

GOLD and Sullivan for sake of the club and fans
Sell cos you can’t take us on
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 5, 2021 8:54 PM BST
Reading this statement about pia mob
Somethink ain’t right about this take over bid being table
Pocket lining outfit if you ask me
Report penzance August 5, 2021 8:59 PM BST
the owners need to buy a centre forward.
The club and management have known this
for some time now.Looks like we're after
more centre halves.Just got rid of a decent
one,in Balbuena.
Report sparrow August 5, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Well they've got till August 31st for new signings so we must wait and see what happens.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 5, 2021 10:34 PM BST
Season start in week time
I think we have good first 11 when fit
But that’s the point there legs are made of glass
They didn’t want to pay £15 mil for Danny ings
Good or bad I think he could done a job for us
Unless balbuena was unhappy why been let go ffs
Ain’t like we plenty in back up
To be honest if moyles said he wants blood
4-5 under 21s this season I’d take that as long as we sign a striker !!
No way Antonio play 25+ games
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 5, 2021 10:54 PM BST
I’d love rice in a back 3

Areola

Dawson  rice cresswell
Coful                                   King Arthur
                Lanzini
                       Soucek

Benrahma  Antonio Bowen/ toenails

Love that 11 obonna in if fully fit
Report sparrow August 6, 2021 8:40 AM BST
I agree with regard to Danny Ings but when was that?   Balbuena did well for us and I hadn't heard of him leaving and his name is confirmed as Moyes unless your keyboard has a problem of adding the letter L after Y.
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2021 8:46 PM BST
Are we sure Benrahma will get a regular start now.. Or is Moyes just not too keen on flair?
Report sparrow August 6, 2021 8:51 PM BST
Benrahma has been very disappointing with only a couple of decent performances and a total of 1 goal in 30 games. 2020–2021    → West Ham United (loan)    12    (0)
2021–    West Ham United    18    (1

Not what you expect for around 28 million. If thats flair then I for one don't want it.
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2021 9:57 PM BST
oh... I'm no expert but thought he was excellent at Brentford and seemed to be on the bench most of last season for Moyes.. 

So we're expecting more of the same this season? even though the Man U midfielder has gone home...
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 7, 2021 7:21 AM BST
Stats don’t lie with benrahma
But I don’t generally follow them
Use my eyes his got something hopefully he can get more minutes
On the pitch this season he’s looked very good per session
We shall see
Report sparrow August 10, 2021 3:08 PM BST
David Moyes is hopeful West Ham will add new signings this month but has warned there are no guarantees they will bring in a striker.

The Hammers are looking to build a squad capable of competing in Europe and also maintaining the level which saw them finish sixth in the Premier League last season.

Moyes is keen to add a striker to provide support and competition for Michail Antonio, the only senior centre forward in the squad, though a central defender is the main priority.

West Ham remain in talks with Fiorentina over a £14million deal for defender Nikola Milenkovic and are hopeful of a breakthrough this week.

A move for Chelsea centre-back Kurt Zouma collapsed earlier in the window but tentative negotiations have been reopened over a potential move for the Frenchman.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 10, 2021 6:51 PM BST
If we get two centre half’s sell diop £40m that be good business

Will need a striker badly Tammy would been good buy

Wonder if Jessy done dusted
Report swiftynifty August 10, 2021 7:19 PM BST
I thought Balbuena was joining up with Pellegrini again at Betis but it appears he's signed for Dynamo Moscow. I thought he was good enough to keep, now we have to go out and buy another CH
Report sparrow August 10, 2021 8:27 PM BST
I also wanted Balbueno to stay.
Report swiftynifty August 10, 2021 8:49 PM BST
Don't think Moyes saw him at his best, that first season he was 'The General'!
Report sparrow August 10, 2021 9:57 PM BST
I thought he did well last season when Ogbonna was injured but maybe the player wanted regular football and was unhappy on the bench.
Report sparrow August 10, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Just read this article that argues letting him go was the right thing to do.

https://www.hammers.news/news/west-ham-decision-to-release-fabian-balbuena-proven-spot-on-after-copa-america-struggles/
Report reb August 11, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Trains, chants and greasy spoons: joys of being an away fan will soon be back
Following West Ham around the country again will mean remembering the old rituals and when it pays to keep quiet

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/11/trains-chants-and-greasy-spoons-joys-of-being-an-away-fan-will-soon-be-back
Report sparrow August 13, 2021 4:45 PM BST
This writer doesn't seem a great fan of our club and is probably one of those top 6 billionaire club admirers.

Premier League 2021-22 preview No 19: West Ham

David Moyes’ squad looks thin as he enters Europe and tries to buck the club’s trend of success being followed by a slump

by John Brewin
Fri 13 Aug 2021 00.01 BST

Guardian writers’ predicted position: 10th (NB: this is not necessarily John Brewin’s prediction but the average of our writers’ tips)

Last season’s position: 6th

The Plan
More of the same is the aim. But that will not be easy. David Moyes must strike against the very rhythms of Hammers history. Part of the enigma that is the West Ham Way is that serious slumps habitually follow success.

Third place under John Lyall in 1985-86 was followed by 15th in 1986-87 and seventh in 2001-02 under the late Glenn Roeder was followed by relegation the very next season. Alan Pardew was sacked the December after reaching the 2006 FA Cup final and ninth place with a promoted team, and seventh in 2015-16 was followed by an 11th place that flattered Slaven Bilic’s team. His departure soon followed.

Repeating last season’s push for the Champions League and eventual sixth place will have to be achieved by what looked a thin squad in 2020-21 and hasn’t yet been fattened up. The club’s penchant for late-night shopping as the transfer window slams shut will surely be making a reappearance. Sixth was achieved without a recognised centre-forward for half a season, with further glaring gaps in a squad with which Moyes worked near-miracles. He used 24 players, with only Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds using fewer with 23.

There is also the distraction of the Europa League to come. Participation in Europe has usually come at a cost to domestic form for West Ham. Even if the club has been no further than the first round of the old Uefa Cup this century, added fixtures in early season have had a knock-on effect. This time, the Europa League group stage beckons in September with no qualification necessary, but that means a Thursday-Sunday routine into mid-December at the earliest.

The David Moyes within whom Sir Alex Ferguson once saw a young version of himself was highly adept at making do and mending gaps in his Everton squad. Memories abound of players such as Marouane Fellaini and Tim Cahill up front in the absence of a striker, as many a stopgap came and went (Denis Stracqualursi anyone?). The notion of the inspirational Michail Antonio as any kind of emergency option is dismissed by the south Londoner’s status as top scorer for the past two seasons but his variable fitness record denied Moyes his foremost striking option for that late-season push for Europe.

Moyes, notoriously cautious in issues of recruitment, and the co-chairman David Sullivan, one of the market’s more enthusiastic participants, have been quiet, worryingly so with vacancies to be filled. The striker Sébastien Haller joined Ajax in January with no replacement forthcoming and a centre-back is required with Fabián Balbuena allowed to leave on a free.

In midfield, Hammers fans desperately hope Declan Rice will stay for at least one more season before going the way of Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick et al. A permanent return for Jesse Lingard, revelatory after his January loan from Manchester United, would cost serious money. And such money may be available only if another asset is realised; West Ham’s finances did not allow them to soak up the heavy losses of the pandemic.

Last season was a pleasant surprise but now presents plenty to live up to. A further variable can be added. Is it outlandish to suggest West Ham’s vast improvement was partially down to home matches not being played in front of an infamously scathing support? Did it take the London Stadium being empty for it to finally feel like home? Perhaps a long absence might now make fans’ hearts fonder for the place.

The manager
David Moyes’s reputation was made at Everton in overachieving by harnessing limited resources to challenge far wealthier opponents. A second spell at West Ham has seen him revive that act, begging the question why the owners cut him loose after he had saved the club from relegation at the end of the 2017-18 season. Sixth place, two points off Champions League qualification, was a personal triumph for someone written off as a dinosaur and who had become a meme for the failure of old-school football man values. Moyes’s spiky personality does not conceal someone who never lost faith in his own abilities; last season at West Ham saw a return of the swagger he showed in his Everton heyday. Just don’t mention Manchester United, Sunderland or Real Sociedad. A rather different David Moyes managed those clubs.

Key player
The comparisons of Tomas Soucek to the former Moyes talisman Marouane Fellaini are too simplistic, and mostly centre on both players being tall and dominant in the air. The Czech has been important to Moyes’s restoration of West Ham, his arrival in January 2020 certainly helping the development of Declan Rice in beefing up the centre of midfield. Soucek does not have the grace of Trevor Brooking or Alan Devonshire but instead represents another branch of the Hammers ethos: the hard-bitten professional who can play a bit; the Billy Bonds tradition.

Owners
As they have since 2010, Davids Sullivan and Gold continue to rule the roost, with Lady Karren Brady the eyes and ears actually running the show. The summer saw a bid for the club from an American consortium rebuffed. A revolving door of managers, myriad controversies, a relegation and a distinct lack of popularity among fans have occasionally led to things getting a bit hairy down the London Stadium. And yet the sense is that Sullivan and Gold enjoy being their beloved club’s custodians and would be very reluctant to give it all up.

Euros factor
At what point did it become apparent that England may not, after all, win the Euros? The sight of a physically and mentally exhausted Rice leaving the field in the 72nd minute of the final, his face betraying his disappointment, felt significant. England have only ever won a major tournament with a Hammer on the field. The summer of 2021 saw Rice become a senior player for his country, and that may present problems for West Ham. Chelsea, featuring best pal and England colleague Mason Mount, are fully expected to make a move.

We’ll be singing
Any visitor to either the old Boleyn Ground or the London Stadium will recognise that no ditty could ever drown out the popularity of I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles. In pre-match, at half-time and at full-time, the 1975 FA Cup final team’s version – featuring funky wah-wah – rings out. The fans sing it too, though the London Stadium’s goal music is, incongruously, the Beatles’ Twist & Shout.

Back to the London Stadium

The good Culture vultures will soon be able to visit the BBC Music Studios, Sadler’s Wells East and the V&A annexe being built near the stadium.

The bad That long trudge across a windy former Olympic Park to Westfield or the wilds of Hackney Wick will never be fun.

The crest
Overhauled in 2014 before the stadium move, the Hammers’ crest is a marriage of 21st-century minimalism and pretensions to blue-chip capitalism. A pair of crossed hammers provide an iconography to link back to the club’s 19th-century ironwork roots while the addition of the word ‘London’ reminded potential exec box occupants of the club’s presence in a world business capital.
Report penzance August 13, 2021 6:17 PM BST
centre half deal's collapsed by the
look of things.
Report sparrow August 13, 2021 7:37 PM BST
We need to move quickly from now on with just a few weeks left.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 14, 2021 8:02 AM BST
Same old WestHam taking the piss out of the fans

Not one signing, as moyes got ****g back bone as he asked the board wtf going on
Report sparrow August 14, 2021 9:03 AM BST
As far as I'm concerned if the board that gave that hopeless Pellegrini £180 million to spend then they can give at least the same to Moyes.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 15, 2021 4:01 PM BST
Couldn’t believe what I was watching first half
Every poxy rebound going there way 50/50
We couldn’t handle maxi dog **** player

Than second half should been 2-6
Totally better team on show

Benny Antonio not 100% rice played well
Tonails still terrible in front of goal doesn’t know the right pass
But works hard fab worry’s me with how slow he is with his feet
New keeper needs a start !!!
Report penzance August 15, 2021 4:20 PM BST
cracking game of football.That's what happens when
teams don't sit back for a bore draw.
Benny was superb,both teams made for a good spectacle.
Thoroughly enjoyable.
Report sparrow August 15, 2021 4:27 PM BST
Decent start to the season with special mentions for Rice and Antonio.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 15, 2021 4:56 PM BST
Rice for me in greyhound terms was
Lame as coot
But still way too good for Lord Voldemort !!!!
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 15, 2021 5:11 PM BST
That was probably most positive
Moyes team I’ve seen him play

Just need 3 new faces
I know look north of 60mill but needs to happen

Central half
Jessy
Centre forward

Surely dido bro know that keep a lot off there back for a while
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 15, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Declan Rice’s game by numbers vs. Newcastle United:

100% successful take-ones [3/3]
100% long passes completed [2/2]
98% pass accuracy
20 final third passes attempted
20 final third passes completed
6 ball recoveries
2 chances created
2 interceptions

He wasn’t fit either Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 16, 2021 9:57 PM BST
Thought West ham played well
yesterday. Would be nice if all
games were so open.

Fans were good during game, saw them
celebrating down by station
after game too.
Report Emitdeb August 17, 2021 10:58 AM BST
What a good game for Benrahma...  sparrow dont bother trying your luck as a talent scout... Wink
Report sparrow August 17, 2021 11:13 AM BST
You watch your own team emitdeb and don't meddle in things you don't understand..
Report Emitdeb August 17, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Happy
Report Reynard August 17, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Ooooooh ! That told ya Grin
Report Emitdeb August 17, 2021 4:20 PM BST
Cheeky git... Blush

Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 17, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Benrahma enjoyed the space
he was given. He played really well.
Report sparrow August 21, 2021 8:51 AM BST
Tony Cottee gives his backing to consortium seeking to buy West Ham

Club legend joins Ferdinand brothers in support of PAI Capital

Group plans improved offer after initial £400m bid was rejected

Tony Cottee has become the latest former West Ham player to back PAI Capital’s bid to buy the club.

PAI Capital, which is backed by the Azerbaijani millionaire Nasib Piriyev, remains determined to go ahead with its takeover, despite seeing its efforts dismissed by West Ham’s co-owner David Sullivan. The consortium is planning to make an improved offer after seeing its opening bid of £400m rejected by Sullivan and has already enlisted the support of the former West Ham defenders Rio and Anton Ferdinand.

West Ham’s owners, Sullivan and David Gold, have branded the firm property developers rather than football people and have insisted that they will not sell to the consortium. Yet PAI Capital has continued to press ahead with its takeover plans, which also involve the former Queens Park Rangers chief executive Philip Beard. PAI announced that it had reached an agreement with the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) to take control of the London Stadium last week and hope that having Cottee, who scored 146 goals in 336 appearances for West Ham, on board will further its aims.

“I’ve been following the bid closely and have had detailed discussions with the PAI team recently. Having got to know the people involved and having had the opportunity to learn more about their plans, I’m pleased to announce that I’m fully behind PAI’s bid,” said Cottee. “Everyone knows how much this club means to me. I want the best for the West Ham players, the staff and the fans, and I’m confident that PAI will deliver on all fronts. We’ve spoken at length about what is needed – those discussions have included Rio, Anton and the rest of the bidding team – and we are all on the same page about what can be done.

“There is a real passion from everyone involved, and a confidence that we can reach the goals we have set out to achieve – the first one, of course, is getting the fans to believe in this bid. We want the fans to support this, and I’m hoping that I can help with that conversation.”

PAI Capital insists that it will invest in the London Stadium and the surrounding Olympic Park, although it has offered West Ham fans little clarity over its plans for the club and the squad. West Ham insiders say that they have not seen any proof of funds from the group.

“We approached Tony Cottee to come on board and are delighted to announce that this West Ham legend has joined the PAI Capital team and know he is keen to interact with fans immediately and articulate our vision while we focus on the details of our important second bid,” Piriyev said. “We think this appointment shows our true intentions and our desire to have nothing but a positive relationship with the fans.”
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 21, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Tc can do one as well
Don’t give two hoots about fans interacting
Want them to spend big money on the team
Rio Man U he **** off
Too late never going be drinking at working mans club at East Ham again before matches
Too late
Just get on with it

Fans know this pia mob are only interested in the park
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 21, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Tc sell his Nan for a score
Report sparrow August 21, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Sounds like it fattie. All they seem to care about is the Stadium and the Olympic Park.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 23, 2021 9:58 PM BST
What a game everyone put a shift in
In fact going to ten worried me cos there sit back
But this is new Westham not old cart horse one

Board seen tonight get your ****g hand in your pockets help us
Have great Season get 3 players in
Report sparrow August 23, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Premier League

Team    P    GD    Pts
West Ham
2    5    6
Chelsea
2    5    6
Liverpool
2    5    6
Brighton
2    3    6
Report sparrow August 23, 2021 10:16 PM BST
Excellent performance and the sending off was not as big an advantage as some might think with West Ham preferring to play on the counter. I don't want to pick my man of the match because nobody deserves to be left out after that game and hopefully we will continue to progress and acquire some decent additions to the squad.
Report the bairn August 23, 2021 10:41 PM BST
West Ham are my English team, there were a lot of doubters when he was appointed, hopefully they give him a chance, he did well at Everton, never got a snawbaws chance at Manchester, it would magic if he could finish above them in the league. cheers.
Report ffaith August 23, 2021 10:41 PM BST
Just come off the foxes forum. Always enjoy reading the thoughts of the ops after we have beaten them.  Not one Leicester fan called us a s hit team they all acknowledged that we are a good team. How times have changed.
Moyes and the players are doing the biz now we're waiting for the owners to play their part
Report penzance August 24, 2021 9:12 AM BST
Great team performance.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 24, 2021 9:31 AM BST
Back the club or **** off is the message
From the fans
Report colupaul August 24, 2021 11:10 PM BST
From a betting perspective have been looking for an angle to get West Ham onside, decided on Benrahma top Prem goalscorer @ 100/1, 4 places.  Good chance Antonio won't stay the course, Benrahma already making Lingaard look like a distant memory playing with bags of confidence, two goals in the bag already, might get a run for me money, cheers...
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 25, 2021 10:38 AM BST
Hope you collect
Don’t bet on football myself anymore

Pour Antonio won’t be getting his cap for Jamaica no players can go to red list country’s
Way the monster playing should be in England setup imo
Report Reynard August 25, 2021 11:37 AM BST
Way the monster playing should be in England setup imo

England captain and talisman striker less than 20 minutes of first XI football in mediocre mid-table set up so far this season . What chance Antonio got of replacing Southgates golden boy ? Crazy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 25, 2021 11:39 AM BST
Zero chance
Report sparrow August 25, 2021 11:41 AM BST
With our small squad of players we don't need our players coming back crocked from international matches. Dean Ashton had his career ruined just in training for them.
Report sparrow August 25, 2021 11:45 AM BST
And the last time we were relegated Michael Carrick missed the last 7 or 8 games due to being crocked playing in an under 23 friendly against Czechoslovakia for gods sake.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 25, 2021 12:04 PM BST
Agree sparrow but players will still take up
Playing for there country no matter what
I hope we get few though the door
Report Emitdeb August 25, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Come on! let's form an orderly cue here...

Calvert Lewin
Greenwood
Bamford
Vardy
Antonio Happy
Report Reynard August 26, 2021 6:01 AM BST
Shocked
Report penzance August 26, 2021 9:09 AM BST
when we go after a signing it becomes a soap opera.
Never do we pick up a paper or read that we have
signed someone out of the blue or quickly.They all
just drag on.
Villa sold Grealish,got Ings 'bang'
S'oton sold Ings,got Armstrong 'bang'.
Report colupaul August 26, 2021 12:36 PM BST
Europa League draw tomorrow, this comp gonna be a drain on resources or a welcome addition to the season?  Not sure on whose in what pot but potential games against Celtic or Rangers would be special.  Otherwise trips to near Europe I guess.  Only ever been to the one European game, that was the 4-0 over some Romanian team prior to the defeat against Tblisi in 80/81.  Seems the League Cup will not get in the way this season... Devil
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 26, 2021 12:45 PM BST
Soap opera owners
Where buying a cast off from Chelsea your think where buying the QE2
I haven’t got opinion on zuma cos not watched him enough
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 26, 2021 12:47 PM BST
We need a number 9 or 10 badly
To aid Antonio give him few games off
Report sparrow August 26, 2021 6:06 PM BST
Kurt Zouma close to £25m West Ham move as Chelsea pursue Jules Koundé

French centre-back agrees to move from Stamford Bridge

Deal paves way for Blues to pursue Sevilla’s Koundé

Kurt Zouma is close to completing his £25m move to West Ham, paving the way for Chelsea to push ahead with their bid to sign Jules Koundé from Sevilla.

West Ham’s attempts to sign Zouma were in doubt after negotiations with intermediaries ran into difficulties on Wednesday night, but those issues have now been resolved and the transfer is expected go ahead. The French centre-back has agreed to make the switch across London and is set to have a medical in Paris on Thursday, although there are still some last-minute issues to iron out.

Chelsea have decided to allow Zouma to leave as they want to make space in their squad for Koundé, who is regarded as one of the best centre-backs in Spain. The European champions needed to sell a centre-back before moving for Koundé and they have had to wait for Zouma to reach an agreement with West Ham over personal terms. The deal had stalled over the defender’s demands for a deal worth £130,000 a week, but a compromise has been reached with the 26-year-old.

West Ham, who are top of the Premier League after winning their first two matches, have been keen to strengthen in central defence after qualifying for the Europa League by finishing sixth last season. David Moyes, who was a centre-back down after losing Fabian Balbuena on a free transfer in the summer, identified Zouma as a key target and has received backing from the London Stadium club’s board.

Moyes had a late change of heart over a deal to sign the Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic this month and has instead switched his sights to Zouma, who joined Chelsea from St Etienne in 2014. West Ham also want to buy a striker before the transfer window shuts next week and have not given up signing Jesse Lingard, with CSKA Moscow’s Nikola Vlasic an alternative to the Manchester United midfielder.
Report penzance August 27, 2021 11:49 AM BST
D.Zagreb,Genk & Rapid Vienna.
Not a bad draw.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 27, 2021 1:31 PM BST
No
but can see us bring banned after Zagreb away game that will be very tasty fixture in there back yard
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 27, 2021 1:32 PM BST
Definitely ICF might get a run out
**** nose what players mind you
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 27, 2021 1:33 PM BST
Load of old boys v crazy boz os
Report sparrow August 27, 2021 1:41 PM BST
A set of assorted idiots.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 27, 2021 1:47 PM BST
Genk more to my liking
Beer up over by boat
Tickets will be like rocking horse ****
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 27, 2021 11:14 PM BST
Can’t see how Jessy stays at Man U now with Ronny turning up
Surly where get that done now
Report sparrow August 28, 2021 5:08 PM BST
A tough game today that could have gone either way but a draw was probably a fair result. Coufal for me was our best player overall.
Report SlippyBlue August 28, 2021 5:12 PM BST
I'm well pleased we (Palace!) got a point today in what will be a tough away fixture for anyone this season.
Report sparrow August 29, 2021 1:28 PM BST
West Ham close to sealing €30m deal for CSKA Moscow playmaker Nikola Vlasi

Croatian is set to follow Kurt Zouma in joining Hammers

Vlasic seen as better value signing than £25m Jesse Lingard

West Ham are close to strengthening their attack by signing CSKA Moscow’s Nikola Vlasic for €30m (£25.7m).

David Moyes is keen to increase the size of his squad before his side begin their Europa League campaign and West Ham intend to back their manager before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday. The club improved their defence by signing centre-back Kurt Zouma from Chelsea for £29.8m on Saturday night and their spending is not finished yet.

Moyes has driven the pursuit of Vlasic, who has improved massively since a disappointing two-year spell at Everton came to an end in 2019. The 23-year-old, who plays as a No 10, was part of Croatia’s squad at Euro 2020 and has also interested Milan this summer. West Ham believe he is ready to play in the Premier League after watching his performances at CSKA. The deal is close to being completed and will also include €8m in add-ons.

West Ham had also looked at whether a deal for Jesse Lingard, was possible. The Manchester United player impressed during a loan spell at West Ham last season and the 28-year-old is unlikely to be a regular starter for Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s side this season.

The London Stadium club have been put off by the £25m fee United are demanding for Lingard, who only has a year left on his current deal. Vlasic, five years younger than Lingard, is seen as better value for money. The Croatian will provide competition for Saïd Benrahma, Pablo Fornals and Jarrod Bowen in attacking midfield.

Moyes admitted he needs more options up front after West Ham’s 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace. Michail Antonio has been West Ham’s only senior striker since January and has repeatedly struggled with hamstring problems. However, West Ham have found it hard to find a suitable back-up striker for Antonio, who has four goals this season, so have decided to focus on attacking midfield instead.

West Ham have also signed Alphonse Areola on a season-long loan from Paris Saint-Germain this summer. The goalkeeper is providing competition for Lukasz Fabianski, who has started the Hammers’ three Premier League games so far.
Report sparrow August 31, 2021 8:48 PM BST
Alex Kral is West Ham's fourth signing of the transfer window and second of the day.

Manager David Moyes said: “I am delighted to welcome Alex to West Ham United. “He will provide good competition in the centre of midfield. He is another young, talented player who we feel has a big potential and will be capable of adapting to the demands of the Premier League.

“We’ve brought him in on loan initially and, hopefully, over the course of the season he will make a valuable contribution, particularly with our busier schedule of fixtures.

“Alex is another established international player with the Czech Republic, and we hope he has similar characteristics and hunger to that of Tomas and Vladimir.”
Report swiftynifty August 31, 2021 10:37 PM BST
Just the £40 million striker to sign in the next 20 mins for a great window! Otherwise Antonio, Jamaica, remember Dean Ashton.
Report ffaith September 1, 2021 10:51 AM BST
Its been an amazing year and to cap it off we have done good business in the summer transfer market.  "Amazing" and  "good" these aint words/adjectives I normally say about our lot.  In  fact I am going to write a strongly worded letter to GSB and Moyes saying things are way too positive and un west ham like and I aint got much to moan about.  COYI
Report Reynard September 1, 2021 12:57 PM BST
8/10 COYI Happy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK September 11, 2021 7:26 PM BST
Little worrying that today
Team sits off we can’t open a tin of beans
Probably should of lost that at the end
Report sparrow September 11, 2021 7:38 PM BST
I would agree fattie although the new man Vlasic looked as if he will be ok and Bowen also did well.
Report sparrow September 15, 2021 9:23 AM BST
This is uncharted territory for West Ham. For the first time in the club’s 126 year history, the Hammers are competing in a European group stage.

They begin this chapter with a difficult tie away to Croatian champions of the last four campaigns and last season’s Europea League quarterfinalists. Dinamo Zagreb are currently top of their domestic division with five wins from seven matches and will expect to bag all three points against the newbies from England.

But David Moyes’ side are not short of confidence. They’re unbeaten in four Premier League matches and beat Italian outfit Atalanta 2-0 in a preseason friendly. A sixth placed finish last season earned them the right to enter the competition at the group stage and the message from the manager to his players will underline the sentiment that they belong here.
Date, kick-off time and venue

Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham is scheduled for an 5:45pm BST kick-off on Thursday, September 16, 2021.

Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham team news

Moyes could hand debuts to two of his three new signings with the Kurt Zouma and Alphonse Areola in line for starting berths. Fellow new signing Nikola Vlasic from Croatia could also feature from the opening whistle which would be hist first start for the club after a 30 minute cameo against Southampton on Saturday.

Moyes may start Tomas Soucek and Declan Rice in the middle of the park but with a league clash against Manchester United coming just three days later, he may be tempted to rotate some of his squad.
Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham prediction

There is no question that West Ham are where they belong given the impressive performances they produced last season. But a hostile atmosphere and the relatively new experience of playing a European fixture can’t be ignored when making a prediction. They’ll give a good account of themselves, but Moyes might look back on this one as a source of valuable lessons.
Report sparrow September 16, 2021 9:00 AM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/16/west-ham-shed-dysfunction-d...
Report sparrow September 16, 2021 9:03 AM BST
How West Ham shed dysfunction to deliver on their promise of Europe

Post-Upton Park relegation battles, rancour and running track will not matter when they face Dinamo Zagreb in the Europa League

Something strange is happening at West Ham. After years of dysfunction, they have started making so many sensible decisions you want to check if they are the same club who once thought trusting Avram Grant to save them from relegation was a smart move.

The change in the atmosphere around the London Stadium is remarkable. This time last year West Ham’s fans were up in arms after Grady Diangana’s move to West Brom. Even the club captain, Mark Noble, voiced his displeasure and, coming off the back of a troubled campaign, it seemed the relationship between West Ham’s board and the fanbase was broken beyond repair.

Admittedly, the resentment that has simmered since the move to Stratford in 2016 has not completely gone away. Last season’s sixth-placed finish has not killed the dissatisfaction with West Ham’s owners, David Gold and David Sullivan, and the vice-chair, Karren Brady, which is clear from plans for a “GSB Out” protest before the home game against Brentford on 3 October.

Hammers United, the fan group organising the march, talks of trust, loyalty and heritage being destroyed. It is adamant its desire to see Gold, Sullivan and Brady leave is not about results.

Nonetheless, the timing feels odd. The outlook has changed in the 19 months since Hammers United last protested. West Ham were fighting relegation back then, but they are flying now. David Moyes has fashioned a committed, talented side and accusations over a lack of ambition are hard to justify when West Ham are about to begin their Europa League campaign against Dinamo Zagreb at Stadion Maksimir on Thursday.

The retort is that qualification for the main draw of a European competition for the first time since 2006 has come in spite of the board. If it is fair to criticise much of what Sullivan and Gold have done since buying the club in January 2010, it is right to acknowledge evidence they are learning.

Much of that comes down to admitting it was a mistake not to appoint Moyes at the end of his first spell in May 2018. Hiring Manuel Pellegrini instead was an expensive waste of time. West Ham were crying out for stability and Moyes has done an outstanding job since his return in December 2019.

The Scot offers a clear vision. In his first transfer window, he made West Ham more robust in midfield by signing Tomas Soucek and he increased their intensity in attack by dipping into the Championship for Jarrod Bowen. They were smart buys, strengthening obvious areas of weakness, and they underlined Moyes’s determination to target young, hungry players who are never going to view West Ham as an easy retirement home.

Once so scattergun, West Ham’s recruitment has become shrewder under Moyes. He does not want to buy for the sake of it. Unable to find value in the market, he has refused to sign a striker in the past two windows, leaving West Ham with the injury-prone Michail Antonio as their only senior forward.

That such compromises are still required are a reminder of past errors. West Ham rue their excesses under Pellegrini. The squad is light because Moyes has had to trim the fat and has been unable to raise much money through sales. The two most expensive signings in West Ham’s history, Felipe Anderson and Sébastien Haller, left at huge losses this year.

Yet West Ham have moved on, learning to be patient. There was no panic during the summer. West Ham waited until the window was almost shut and then made their move, signing Kurt Zouma for £29.8m, Nikola Vlasic for £25m and Alex Kral on loan.

There was a plan. Alphonse Areola, signed on loan from Paris Saint-Germain, could usurp the 36-year-old Lukasz Fabianski as West Ham’s No 1 goalkeeper. Zouma will make the back four tougher to breach after joining from Chelsea. Kral, a 23-year-old Czech Republic midfielder, offers cover for Soucek and Declan Rice. Vlasic, an exciting attacking midfielder, lessens the disappointment of missing out on Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard, who shone on loan for West Ham last season.

Trust in Moyes was key. Sullivan, the board’s most powerful figure, has become less involved in transfers, focusing instead on providing his manager with a better infrastructure. The appointment of Rob Newman, formerly of Manchester City, as head of recruitment this month and the arrival of Marc Rochon as an analyst are positive steps.

There is still much to prove. Next summer will bring a fight to keep Rice from Chelsea and Manchester United. For all their progress, West Ham remain a long way from breaking into the elite. They are low on European know-how and will have to deal with a hostile atmosphere when they face Dinamo, who stunned Tottenham in the last 16 last season. Mislav Orsic and Bruno Petkovic are threats for the hosts and there is no guarantee West Ham will make it through a group that also contains Genk and Rapid Vienna.

This is what fans were promised when West Ham moved into the London Stadium. This is the moment they have been waiting for since leaving their spiritual home and everything that has come before this point – the relegation battles, the pitch invasion against Burnley, the running track – will not matter a jot when the side steps out into the Zagreb air.
Report penzance September 16, 2021 3:58 PM BST
think it would be fitting if Mark Noble
led the team out tonight.Some servant to
the club.
Report penzance September 16, 2021 4:58 PM BST
Moyes has made a few changes but other
than that,it's a fairly strong team.
Been looking forward to this game.
C'mon Hammers!
Report penzance September 16, 2021 7:51 PM BST
excellent display.
Report sparrow September 16, 2021 7:59 PM BST
Yes a decent competent performance against a side who beat Spurs 3-0 earlier this year.
Report sparrow September 17, 2021 8:40 AM BST
Report from the Guardian newspaper.

It was some way for West Ham to silence the doubts about their inexperience on the European stage. They answered the questions by playing like seasoned travellers. There were no stumbles from David Moyes’s players as they took their first steps into the unknown and in the end, with Dinamo Zagreb confounded by West Ham’s organisation, it was hard to tell which team were supposed to be the novices at this level.

Moyes could not have asked for a more commanding away performance. West Ham were sharper and savvier throughout, their maturity and inventiveness key as they started their Europa League campaign with a memorable win. Dinamo were outplayed and had no answers to goals from Michail Antonio and Declan Rice, who killed the game as a contest with a stunning solo effort early in the second half.

Rice was outstanding in midfield, excelling on his European debut, but the England international was not alone. West Ham were impeccable. This was their first appearance in the main draw of a European competition since 2006, when a side containing Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano were bundled out of the first round of the Uefa Cup, but there was no sign of any nerves. Sitting back was not part of the plan from West Ham, who backed themselves on a bobbly pitch, passing with crisp assurance against opponents who have humbled Arsenal and Tottenham here in recent seasons.

“I was really pleased,” Moyes said. “Zagreb have a really good history. I knew it was going to be a tough game. We made the players aware of what it would be like. It’s certainly new to Declan Rice. He’s played international football for his country, but not for his club. He’s a terrific player.”

Playing in Europe for the 16th consecutive season, Dinamo looked put out to be pushed back in front of their boisterous fans. The Croatian champions struggled to get anything going during the first half. Quick to impose their muscular game on the hosts, West Ham were dominant. Tomas Soucek and Rice set the tone by establishing control in midfield, Aaron Cresswell and Ryan Fredericks attacked from full-back and it did not come as a surprise when the breakthrough arrived in the 21st minute, Kévin Théophile-Catherine’s back-pass gifting Antonio his fifth goal of the season.

It was a woeful error from the former Cardiff defender, who was replaced by Deni Juric at half-time. Too fast and strong for his markers, Antonio was on to the loose ball in a flash and the striker had the composure to finish, rounding Dominik Livakovic before tapping into the empty net.

Dinamo, who were knocked out of qualifying for the Champions League by Sheriff Tiraspol, could have conceded again moments later. Antonio held the ball up before releasing Fredericks and Livakovic denied West Ham’s right-back a rare goal by saving with his feet.

At that stage the only concern for West Ham was their inability to make more of their supremacy. Dinamo were bound to improve eventually. There were flashes from Mislav Orsic, whose hat-trick stunned Spurs in the last 16 of this competition last season, and a shot from Bruno Petkovic that whistled just wide as the half drew to a close.
West Ham’s Declan Rice, Tomas Soucek and Michail Antonio

West Ham had to concentrate at the back. Kurt Zouma, who had an impressive debut alongside Issa Diop in central defence, was in the right place to block a shot from Dinamo’s captain, Arijan Ademi. There was a shift in the mood, a sense that Dinamo were gearing up for a rousing fightback, and Moyes was wise to sense danger early in the second half, removing Manuel Lanzini shortly after he had risked a second booking with a lunge on Stefan Ristovski.

Fortunately for Lanzini, West Ham had already doubled their lead by the time he made way for Saïd Benrahma in the 52nd minute. Rice had just produced something special, surging clear after intercepting a pass intended for Petkovic near the halfway line. It was a remarkable run from West Ham’s captain, who shrugged Petkovic aside before rumbling into the box and firing an angled shot through Livakovic’s legs.

Rice, making his 150th appearance for West Ham, celebrated by running to the corner and goading the fans behind Dinamo’s goal. Ademi was furious; West Ham were defiant. Luka Ivanusec twice went close for the hosts, sending shots just wide, but in the end the home fans were reduced to whistling the former Hajduk Split midfielder Nikola Vlasic when he made way for Jarrod Bowen.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com