Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
13 Aug 18 16:19
| Topic/replies: 19,801 | Blogger: FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK's blog
think we need to spend another 100m
Imo
Going to take a while to gel but that yesterday was as bad as I ever seen us
Noble rice combo is rank to slow
Wiltshire gamble not going to work he’s gone imo

Where in need of  drinkwater imo something bit more Mobility centre mid
Loan move would be good
Pause Switch to Standard View Same **** different season WESTHAM CHAT
Show More
Report differentdrum February 4, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
Even allowing the shocking goalkeeping Villa were flattered to only lose 3-1. I thought they were completely out muscled by the Hammers who also showed the much greater desire. It looked like they were playing with an extra man.
Report sparrow February 4, 2021 12:14 PM GMT
We have now achieved our highest points tally after 22 games in the top flight since our best ever season 1985/86.
Report Capt__F February 4, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
The Chosen One
Report sparrow February 4, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
Wrong thread, Capt.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 6, 2021 6:23 PM GMT
Being dick about here
Sloppy and not winning 50/50
Hangerover from villa
Maybe tonails on
Benrahma lingard Bowen missing list
Rice being sloppy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 6, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
Moyles running **** out Antonio
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 6, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
Bad game

Terrible red

Antonio holding his hammy

Piss poor all over the pitch
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 8, 2021 5:11 AM GMT
Wonder what Moyles as planned for Tuesday trip
At old Trafford ?
Safe in the league , got  horrible run of games coming up
Will he play the second string 11 or go for it ?
We where completely out played Saturday looking very tied
Definitely need to keep rashford quiet maybe some sort tag team approach
On him ,
We need to wear the black kit that’s for sure spark Some much needed life into us
I’ve got feeling club foot , lanzini toenails Ben Johnson Fredricks noble might start as well as goal keeper change
Report ffaith February 8, 2021 8:56 AM GMT
The game is probably going to be a stinker.  I don't care I still have butterflies in my stomach in anticipation.
They say the F.A cup has been greatly reduced in value and winning it is no biggie.  True but we have been straved of success for so long we are grateful for anything
Moyes has been in management for 23 years and the biggest trophy won by him is the charity shield surely he will go for it
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 8, 2021 11:13 AM GMT
Don’t get why Moyles didn’t rest Antonio Saturday for Tuesday
Now definitely ain’t going risk him from the start ,
Comfortable in league this should be our cup final tomorrow night but
After Saturdays lack lustre display worry where we are going to get levels needed to beat Manchester Utd side playing a lot better than they where when school us in that second half at home a while back
No lingard
Bowen tonails benrahma need games of there lives
And who ever sits up top for us too
Report ffaith February 9, 2021 10:11 AM GMT
Antonio may not play tonight as he is tired.  I remember Leicester coming to the LS last season.  They made 11 changes yet their B team still beat us.  We have nowhere near that squad depth.                                                                                This jan we could have provided competion for Antonio and Cresswell and cover for Rice and Soucek.  We are still in the running for top 4 why not have a go?  Instead the owners pocket the money from the Haller sale and only bring in a loanee.
Report sparrow February 9, 2021 10:20 AM GMT
If the right sort of player is not available then why spend money for the sake of it as we have learnt to our cost with Haller and Anderson etc.
Report ffaith February 9, 2021 10:27 AM GMT
An alternative view could be that the manager is overly cautious and the board only splash in jan if they think we might go down
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
Sparrow agree with what your saying
But where badly light up top and needed cover bad
Should paid 3 million for Dawson
Got a loan in striker
No point being up the table , I think fall away as injures take course 2 games a week Antonio can’t do
He’s not fit , not nowhere near imo player he was last year
Been million times better than lamp post we had but
Last few games don’t look 100%
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 11:27 AM GMT
I think tonight we have to wait for
Man U 11
Play around that
Maybe put Fredrick on man marking job on rushford

Completely different team with out Antonio but can’t surly play tonight
After Saturday

Bowen tonails got have games of there lives Imo
If will play club foot up top than forget it
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 11:37 AM GMT
Someone posted the payet free kick
Sent more chills down my spine
Than being out in snow this morn
He was unbelievable
Can’t think of any player that impact a team like he did that season
Report sparrow February 9, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
I'm not expecting much tonight but I do think Fornals deserves more playing time than he's had recently and he can score goals unlike Benrahma who has yet to convince me. The players looked tired in the Fulham game and we are up against a team with their tails up at the moment. Heres hoping anyway.
Report ffaith February 9, 2021 12:46 PM GMT
Sparrow didnt you see Benny's pass for Soucek's 1st against Villa.  I doubt Toenails has that in his locker.  We are starting to get a lot of intelligent runners in the squad(Soucek, Lingard, Bowen, Fornals etc)once Benny gets up to speed I can see him being our main creator.
Report penzance February 9, 2021 12:55 PM GMT
Moyes wants to go for it tonight,only
thing we can win,does'nt matter if we
get hammered the games a free shot.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
Came across this today good read two weeks old

What do they want?
By Mike Cawston Filed: Saturday, 30th January 2021
With their rag tag bunch of cast-offs, stalwarts, Czech bargains and converted strikers, West Ham United find themselves in the quite surreal position of fifth place just past the halfway point of the behind-closed-doors Premier League season.

'They say the devil's water, it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now'
But you can dip your feet, every once in a little while'
The Killers - When You Were Young

The Irons are the leading side from the capital, sitting proudly above Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Chelsea, while last year's champions Liverpool, who lie in wait next, sit just two points ahead. They are six points off Manchester City at the top, who are the only side in the division in better form. They are playing their best football since we left Upton Park, when Slaven Bilic's Dmitri Payet-inspired side produced an unforgettable final season at the old place. They also crucially have a steel, bravery and fight not seen in in claret and blue for much of the Premier League era.

Most importantly to most, they are fun and likeable, with cult heroes being created in the shape of Tomas Soucek, Vladimir Coufal, Craig Dawson and Pablo Fornals to add to those already deep in the supporters hearts such as Lukasz Fabianski, Angelo Ogbonna, Michail Antonio and of course the clubs favourite son, the best holding midfielder in the country, Declan Rice. They also still carry the old West Ham gene too, of missing countless guilt-edged chances and making each and every game an insufferable wait to close out the points. The manager, David Moyes, is vindicated in his second spell at the club, and now respected and lauded by the fans after initial concerns over his record post-Everton.

So, with all the above taken into account, why are we, the fans who sell out every home and away game (when pandemics don't get in the way), follow the team through 41 trophy-less years of hurt and largely disappointment, still being sniped at, demonised and abused at every opportunity by sections of the media for still having the gall to be unhappy with the ownership of our great club?

After a fine win at a bogey team of recent times in Crystal Palace, where the scoreline gave the impression that the match was close, when in reality there should have been many goals difference between the two sides, we should be basking in the glory of this fantastic team that is currently representing us. But here we are, being yet again targeted by Talksport in particular, who are absolutely fuming that West Ham fans won't give David Sullivan, David Gold and Karren Brady credit for the marvellous work being done by David Moyes and his threadbare squad.

This week's momentary (albeit brief) rise into the top four has meant we have had chief cheerleader and puppet Jim White repeatedly denigrate the support for their continued stance against the owners. The latest to be rolled out on his show to deride the support is former Arsenal defender Martin Keown, who has somehow got it in his thick skull that the fans need to lay off the owners and get behind the team when they return to the stadium post-Covid and are 'a really hard bunch to please'.

Having attended the excellent Hammers United (more on them later) march in late February 2020, where over 8,500 disenfranchised fans marched from Plaistow to the Olympic Stadium along the Greenway, before roaring the team on to an impressive 3-1 win over Southampton, I can guarantee that this wonderful bunch of people are very much behind the team and always have been. More disappointingly, both Carlton Cole and Trevor Sinclair, both big favourites of mine who served the club impeccably during their time on the playing staff, have also suggested on that channel this week that the fans should be giving the owners credit for the situation we find ourselves in. So much for #GSBOUT a few months ago, eh Trev?

On Thursday 28th January, Hammers United were unexpectedly awarded almost 15 minutes of uninterrupted airtime on Jim's show. Clearly expecting Jim and Simon to come back at him armed with the same old responses about the owners being fans and with scripted figures of the money invested by Sullivan, spokesman for the group, Andy Byrne, attempted a different approach to try and outfox the veteran broadcaster. Sadly, not just for Andy and Hammers United, but also for the wider fanbase, a golden opportunity was passed up with a waffling, politician-style monologue, which was hard to follow and most damning of all failed to explain to this chief agitator exactly why the fans are sick to the back teeth of those running the club.

Simon Jordan, who listened patiently, stuck the knife in, and before you knew it, that was that. The response from the fanbase on twitter was scathing. Hammers United had produced two excellent marches, re-uniting a fractured fanbase and put genuine pressure on the owners for the first time in their lacklustre, mediocre reign. But here they were, being slaughtered after what can best be described as a complete car crash of an interview. Andy was absolutely gutted, expressing his guilt over how it went. Having listened to Andy on many podcasts, he has always come across as knowledgeable, intelligent and most of all clearly cares greatly about the club. His performance on Moore Than Just a Podcast recently was excellent, providing an excellent breakdown of the work Hammers United do and what they hope to achieve.

The weekly pod hosted by Sean Whetstone and the ying to his yang, Nigel Khan, a board critic who holds reservations about the group being both a fan group who wants dialogue with the board and a protest group (he argues they should be one or the other), both seemed impressed by his answers to their often probing and difficult line of questioning. However, when you could argue it mattered the most, Andy fluffed his lines. It was a first real misstep from the fan group, who will now be under pressure to find their mojo again once we have all been vaccinated and can go back to games. Personally, they still have my support, and I look forward with interest to their next campaign against the board.

Following this, and another day of West Ham fan-hating on the station, I thought I would take this opportunity to answer Jim's most asked question (which for some reason he insists on always shouting), 'WHAT DO WEST HAM FANS WANT?!, and put it down in black and white for him, his boss Lee Clayton, a West Ham fan who for some reason allows Jim free reign to demonise the support base on behalf of his Napoleonic mate who runs our club, and all those who think that West Ham fans are moaning for no good reason during probably the most impressive set of team performances in the Misery Bowl era of West Ham United:

Leaving Home, a migration failure of epic proportions and the Misery Bowl

The biggest millstone around these owners' necks, above all the ridiculousness that they bring to the club, will always be convincing the fanbase (including the idiot writing this piece) that to compete at the top level, West Ham United needed to leave that crusty, ramshackle, hard to get to, even harder to get out of, home of 112 years. Upton Park for this fanbase was our church. The pull to a new ground, to take West Ham to the next level, to compete with Arsenal and Chelsea, even to those up the road in N17, was incredibly tempting. Even more so when you saw the plans.

State of the art retractable seating, with no sight line worse than Wembley or the Emirates Stadium. Karren Brady uttered the famous words, 'a world class stadium for a world class team'. Sullivan spoke of the Champions League. David Gold (he was born in Green Street you know...never likes to mention it), promised that on camera that we couldn't leave Upton Park without the pitch being as close to the stands as it was at the Boleyn. The ability to take on an iconic venue, while not having to put ourselves in a difficult financial position to do it like Arsenal did, was another big sell. We could double our capacity, have modern retractable seating to cover that pesky running track, and would elevate ourselves financially to challenge every season in the top six or eight, rather than constantly looking over our shoulder at the trapdoor back down to the slog of the Championship.

The reality has been something different. The migration should have been the first warning sign. You went along to book your seat, but the whole thing was shrouded in secrecy by undertrained and underprepared staff. You couldn't take any photos of the images given of where your seat would be, and each season ticket holder was given the option to add extra season tickets to their group, meaning people in higher bands could bring mates to skip the queue ahead of those in the lower bands, pushing their chance of getting a half decent seat into unlikeliness.

It was also done so poorly that it didn't take into account the dynamics of the groups built up at Upton Park. Groups of people who had sat in an area with other characters for years were suddenly separated and now sitting in different parts of the cavernous bowl. The Bobby Moore Lower at Upton Park was well known for effectively being a standing section, yet when people were relocated to the new site, lots of fans who had previously enjoyed the comfort of their seat were having their view blocked. It wasn't any of the fans fault, it was the awful planning that went into the move.

Where to start on the Misery Bowl? I still love going to games every other week to catch up with my mates, drink in the Abbey Tap and even the drink in the ground either side of the game. I still try to get involved in any singing that occasionally breaks out around the vast spaces of the ground. I continue to throw my weight behind the players at every opportunity, begging the often unbalanced and poorly-assembled side to push forward and dig themselves out of another hole. But the place is awful. It's completely unsuitable for football and without a major re-design it never will be.

The seats are way too far from the pitch, the matchday experience of getting to and particularly from the ground is hellish and the friendliness of the place for visiting teams is there for all to see with our record at the place. Don't get me started on all the other things that make the place the subject of much derision, such as the regular appearances of fans from the opposition mixing openly in club colours in the home end, the actual bouncers that have been employed to take out any fans who have the temerity to complain about issues that occur each and every matchday, the stewarding or the completely dreadful experience that is trying to get a beer and a pie in the building.

When Chelsea fans of all people, with their dodgy Russian money, are singing that we've sold our soul for this ****, you know something has gone badly wrong. And it's not just them, every set of fans who visit complain about the awful away end and regularly rate it as the worst place in the country, let alone the league, to watch football. Also never forget the Baroness telling us that our fixtures would always take precedence over any other event at the rented arena, only for us to play the first three matches of the 2017/18 season (the second ****g season!!) away from home.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we would quite like what we were promised. A ground suitable for football that would be the envy of our rivals. As it stands, the Tottenham Hotspur stadium (built at great cost) absolutely puts ours to shame. We would like retractable seating that goes right up to the pitch, we would like better sight lines, we would like to leave the ground and not feel like we are being herded into a sheep pen every bloody week by stewards that couldn't give a ****. None of this is possible at the Misery Bowl, and it basically needs knocking down and building again.

Recruitment and the playing squad

Now, I get writing this while the club are on a six-match winning run, with a first eleven of real quality, seems a little mental. But for eleven years under the dictatorship of Sullivan our recruitment has been absolutely woeful for the vast majority of the time. For every Payet, you have countless South American hit and hopes like Wellington Paulista, Jonathan Calleri, Nene and Brian Montenegro. For every Soucek, you have multiple Carlos Sanchezs, Jack Wilsheres, Gokhan Tores and Abdul Razaks. For every Fabianski you have Roberto.

It has often been the go to tactic of the likes of the Claret & Hugh blog et al to blame Manuel Pellegrini, Slaven Bilic and even David Moyes (hello Jordan Hugill!) for the signings, claiming they are the ones who often want these players. However, the owners' inability to put in place a modernised scouting network, a director of football and a data-driven analytics department means that we are always falling well behind other clubs of similar size in the transfer market. On the one occasion that they did in fact appoint a Director of Football, they bizarrely gave the job to the choice of manager Manuel Pellegrini, showing that they have absolutely no idea on the role, and that in fact the Director of Football should indeed be selecting the manager first and foremost with a clear blueprint on how the club should play, on top of overseeing the recruitment of players.

It has led to a series of wasted investments, with the owner often punting on players who have no re-sale value and in many cases are past their sell by date. Leicester City and Southampton, clubs on our level below the top six, are built to bring in young, upcoming players and develop players before selling on at a massive profit, West Ham have rarely made a profit on a player in 11 years. David Moyes' current squad, which is at breaking point, also remains incredibly unbalanced, with one senior striker who is actually a converted winger, no back-up whatsoever in midfield or at left back, and for some unknown reason about five players who can play at number ten. The 'sell then buy' strategy leaves the club regularly short and scrapping around on deadline day for any bargain we can get our hands on. Sullivan promised on camera to shake up the recruitment and analytics department at the club following the departure of Slaven Bilic. We still wait.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we want David Sullivan, with his disappointing record of signing players, absolutely nowhere near the process. We want a recruitment department set up at the club, where currently only one scout is employed. We want a system in place that allows us to buy Europe and the UK's top young players, with the ability to sell on for big profits in the future, rather than buying players for too much money when they are past their peak. We want a Director of Football with the experience and knowhow to revolutionise the club and bring it into the 21st century, and one that actually appoints the manager in future, rather than the other way round! We want analytics used to judge players like all the clubs with progressive ownership do, such as Leicester and Southampton.

The Baroness, the commoners and £9m

Karren Brady joined the club alongside the joint owners in 2010. Including bonuses for such things as winning the bid to rent an athletics stadium and for finding Tripp Smith to invest in the club, she has taken a shade under £9m in salary and bonuses out of the club as of 2020. £9m for someone who:

- Effectively works part time, combining her role at Stratford with that in the House of Lords

- Has overseen, according to many, quite possibly the worst stadium migration in English football history

- Has set up OSB after SAB to bounce her ideas off lackey after lackey and largely avoided meaningful discussion with supporters who might ask difficult questions

- Has frequently embarrassed the fans and the club itself in her weekly column in the rag that is The Sun, alienating other footballers and clubs (and costing West Ham a signing from Leicester City). This is when she isn't trying to get the football season cancelled due to health and safety concerns from Covid and absolutely definitely nothing to do with West Ham's perilous league position, or is wishing Tottenham ****g Hotspur win the league. Don't forget too that our actual current manager has also been the subject of her ramblings in that rag.

- Tweeted to her followers on Twitter to tune into her new show on ITV, shortly before West Ham were kicking off yet another relegation six-pointer in the Misery Bowl against Stoke, suggesting 'Brand Brady' takes precedence over the club, its supporters and the team.

- Claimed to be a champion of women's rights while working alongside the disgraced Sir Philip Green and our esteemed owners, with their history in the adult industry.

- Uttered the words 'A World Class Stadium, for a World Class Team.'

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we want Karren Brady out of our club. When you consider that Leicester pay their equivalent just £300k a year, to somebody who does the job full time, it really shouldn't be too difficult to find a competent replacement.

Portakabins and League One training facilities

Another stick to beat the owners with is the cheap, tacky job that was done at Rush Green. With the club desperate to upgrade the antiquated facilities at Chadwell Heath the owners moved the club down the road to the old Ford Sports Ground. In doing it up, the club spent around £10m in total on turning it into the club's first team base, plus upgrades to the existing site at Chadwell Heath.

Now, what exactly that money went on is questionable, with tacky portable buildings dotted around the place. The club continue to claim it is state-of-the-art, despite very few if any media outlets having filmed in front of it, one presumes for the fear of more shots of the Portakabins going viral. For comparison of the £10m investment in the facilities, Leicester City recently showed of their £100m (Yes...ONE HUNDRED MILLION) facility, while Liverpool and Spurs both spent around £50m on theirs. Even League One Fleetwood spent just under £10m on their facility. It is beyond belief that the club continue to claim this shoddy, below standard place is good enough for a team who are apparently going places.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we would like serious investment made into the training facilities to match those of our peers. Leicester City have put the club to shame with their world class new facility, and it is beyond belief that a club like West Ham United are being compared to Fleetwood Town, who were in non-league just a few years ago, in terms of the quality of the training facilities. Imagine being a prospective signing and rocking up at Rush Green...embarrassing.

Leaks and the Media

A huge frustration to the fan base is the level of information that is leaked from the club. It is embarrassing enough that the co-owners have their favoured journalists to leak stories out through but the level of information/propoganda that is published by the Claret & Hugh blog is beyond belief. The website has become a figure of fun and hatred for the online fanbase, with few interacting in a positive way with it.

On top of this, and much worse, is the apparent use of Talksport as its public relations arm. Station Head Lee Clayton is a West Ham United season ticket holder yet openly allows the Jim White Show to aggravate and abuse the team's supporters on a daily basis. The release of videos on social media of the latest bit of fan bashing is a hostile way of smearing a fanbase that follow the club through thick and thin.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we'd quite like the board to not air its dirty linen in public frequently via favoured blogs and would also quite like Talksport not to imply that it is in fact the fans that are the problem at the club.

Club debt, interest rates and asset stripping

A huge frustration for the fans is the owners' insistence on claiming that they don't take a salary for their positions at West Ham, while at the same time receiving millions of pounds in interest on the loans that they have put in the club. Now, a regular defence of this system is that it is their money, so they can do what they like with it. However, how can you claim to be fans of the club when you are taking not-insubstantial payments out of the club, allowing the debt you promised to clear go absolutely nowhere?

For comparison, Tony Bloom, lifelong fan and owner of Brighton & Hove Albion, charges no interest on the loans he has put into the club. Roman Abramovich also charges no interest on his investment in Chelsea. Most strikingly out of every comparison, is that Mike Ashley, the big bad wolf of Newcastle United, and only other owner in the league with a record of ownership as controversial as Sullivan and Gold's, charges no interest on his loans at the club.

As of 2019, according to the website Swiss Ramble, Sullivan and Gold have taken in the region of £19m in interest on loans out of the club. In the last five years they have taken £17m of that, while the rest of the league have taken just £12m between them, with only Southampton (£5m), Liverpool (£5m and they have now stopped taking interest), Leicester City (£1m) and Sheffield United (£1m) doing so. The only person who has invested money into the club who doesn't charge interest is Tripp Smith, the American businessman who has an interest free £9.5m investment in the club. Absolutely damning on the owners.

At the end of 2019, West Ham's net debt was £65m according to Swiss Ramble. The club had debts of around £100m when the owners took over. In that time we have sold our beloved ground for £40m (of course it was then flipped for £60m by the property company that bought it), pay under £3m a year to rent the Misery Bowl, and particularly over the past 18 months, the net transfer spend has been minimal. It's therefore difficult to see how the club is still in so much debt? Of course this doesn't take into account the impact of Coronavirus, which has saddled the club with further, unknown levels of debt in the loan from Barclays taken this season.

The fact the owners elected to put another £30m into the club to keep it running via a share rights issue suggests that it has been poorly managed over the last 11 years. Last summer, the owners pleaded poverty due to the virus, and aside from taking full season ticket money from a section of the fans (I personally chose the 30% option, I wasn't giving them an interest-free loan) they also spent in the bottom three of the twenty Premier League clubs on transfers in net spend. They have sold and released a lot of big earners, getting wages off the books, without really ever replacing players.

Yet here we are still with a massively-unbalanced squad and, it seems, little to no money readily available to bring in much needed reinforcements. It strikes me that the owners have led the club to breaking point, and David Moyes and the playing staff have dug them out of a massive hole by over-performing on the pitch this season.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?! - Well Jim, we would quite like the owners to stop charging high interest on the loans they put in. If Mike Ashley can do it, surely they can? We would also quite like the owners to lower the debt levels and by cancelling interest payments they could at least potentially kickstart this process.

So in summary Jim, isn't it obvious what we want? We want our club, who were uprooted from their home with the promise of greater investment and the lure of European football and trophies to be run with view to achieving the aims set out by the owners. Apart from one summer under Pellegrini, they have, in my view, failed to suitably fund the series of managers that they have employed.

If the club were still at our much-missed home in Green Street, the level of resentment would still be high, but not at the level of disrepair it currently is. I hope this goes a long way to explaining exactly why, even though we are thrilled with the progress on the pitch under the management of David Moyes this season, many supporters remain deeply unhappy with the ownership of our wonderful club, and wish them to sell as soon as possible.

The relationship is beyond repair, and that is the fault of three people only; David Sullivan, David Gold and Karren Brady. The fans are the best in the country, we love our club and are enjoying this fantastic season under David Moyes' and Declan Rice's leadership. But we deserve the right to continue to push for change of an ownership who have achieved nothing of note in football in nearly 30 years. And that's our choice. Not your's. Not Carlton Cole's. Not Martin Keown's. Ours.
Report penzance February 9, 2021 7:03 PM GMT
Noble in,no Benrama.Antonio rested.
I hope to see the young boy up front
given a chance.(Odubeko)
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
Young boy like rabbit in headlights
He’s our back up striker
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
This as been painful
Have we shot on goal tonight
Moyles so negative does my head in
Joke
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 9:54 PM GMT
Honestly did they pick him from Asda this morn
Young kid shocking
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
Two subs subed a first
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
Moyles took piss out of the fans tonight with that
Team choice
Report penzance February 9, 2021 10:08 PM GMT
Neggy Moyes.
Report penzance February 9, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
the young boy got the same service all the
front players get,fkc all.
Gave the 1st half up,not a shot in 2hrs of football!
a team 6th in the table.No guts.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 10:16 PM GMT
Don’t know how fans let that pass tonight Negative team
Rather get beaten up with benrahma lanzini playing 90min
Report penzance February 9, 2021 10:21 PM GMT
looking forward to that,thought win or
lose we'd go for it.
Gutted with that performance.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
Worse thing is we’ve played  120 min
Man U where double **** too
For me our manger will never change
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 9, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
How you  can play a 18 year old inexperienced boy in front of Rama and Lanzini
Report penzance February 9, 2021 10:32 PM GMT
still,we might win it next year Laugh
   GL
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 10, 2021 6:04 AM GMT
Moyles negative approach now cost us our prized centre half
Team selection and sharp invites pussure got oggly injured defending for his life
In first half , where be lucky if finish above tenth now
If Dawson gets injured than that be it no goals no defenders
After two poxy games the window shuts now got injures left right and centre
Said Antonio was tied , but injured for last night game funny that
People going on about where 5th look bigger picture end up 12th imo
Took us getting schooled 5-0 last night to good Man U team if went out to play
But we didn’t went got pens we ain’t had one all season Laugh
Report penzance February 13, 2021 2:41 PM GMT
Liverpool,lost every game so far,
after we rolled over.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 13, 2021 4:41 PM GMT
Yep
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 15, 2021 8:35 AM GMT
Big game tonight
We move into the top 4 with a win could be for 90min as Chelsea got better goal difference play Newcastle after
Sheffield Utd need to win or basically there down gone !
Fulham point other week don’t look bad point considering they just beat Everton away
I like Scott Parker fantastic player for us next manger ??
Report sofaking February 15, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
The Ammers look a decent little outfit this season and top 6 looks very possible.  Should definitely be favourites for their cup final at the weekend.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 15, 2021 8:08 PM GMT
Thought it was bit negative
But got the job done
Still can’t understand how lanzini got the jump on benrahma ??
Lanzini is finished at top flight football to many injuries
Antonio has to play at weekend not beaten any top 6 teams so far this season
Report penzance February 15, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
perhaps Benrama will start next game.
To be fair we looked like we could
step up a gear tonght.Not many have beaten
these by 3 clear goals this season.
Report ffaith February 16, 2021 12:04 PM GMT
Sofaking have a day off mate.  Playing you is not our cup final.  We are above you in the table keep up.  Watching videos of the spuds going into meltdown after blowing a 3 goal lead against us was the funniest thing I have seen in a long timeLaughLaughLaugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 16, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
Next 5 games

Spurs
City
Leeds
Man U
Arsenal

Flying high or being called beach bums
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
Hope sparrow ok
Not posted for while
Not even posted on greyhounds either
Unless he’s been banned
Report sparrow February 17, 2021 5:25 PM GMT
Just taking a break from Football fattie and the Greyhounds don't really interest me too much these days.
Here is an article from the Evening Standard

While many clubs have struggled in this chaotic season, West Ham, to the surprise of those who have ridiculed some of their trials and tribulations, are surging ahead.

By beating Sheffield United last night, the Hammers have surpassed their points tally from last season with 14 games still to play. They returned to top four briefly last night before Chelsea leapfrogged them with a win over Newcastle, and, rather than facing a relegation fight are dreaming of the Champions League.

So often the butt of jokes from rival fans — not least when owner David Sullivan announced their seven-year plan to get the club into the Champions League when he and David Gold took over in 2010 — West Ham are transformed on and off the pitch, and this season have arguably been the most stable Premier League club in London.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham have each had their own mini-crisis, uncertainty is growing at Crystal Palace with Roy Hodgson and half their squad out of contract in June, and Fulham face a fight to avoid relegation.

West Ham, meanwhile, are thriving.

The reappointment of David Moyes in December 2019 was hardly a popular one among supporters who viewed it as a regressive move.But Moyes kept West Ham up last season and has slowly won fans over. He has been the catalyst for change at all levels, bringing direction on the pitch, behind the scenes and in the boardroom, though it has not been straightforward and the building process is far from over.

Moyes viewed West Ham teams of the past as “flaky”, a soft touch, and addressing that inconsistency has been key to their improvement. Moyes has made it clear that he needs everyone pulling in the same direction. At West Ham, that has not always been the case and he has instilled discipline and togetherness in the dressing room.

“You either get on board or you don’t,” Moyes said on his first day back, which was five days after Michail Antonio had crashed his Lamborghini dressed as a snowman on Christmas Day.

Moyes delivered some home truths on day one. Players were in disbelief after he pulled up the team’s running statistics under Manuel Pellegrini during a presentation which showed they were in the bottom three in the division for distance covered. They have improved in every department.

Moyes demands hard work but does not rule with an iron fist. Players have been handed more trust and many say the atmosphere at the training ground is better than they can ever remember.

“It is just such a great place to come,” said Declan Rice. “You wake up in the morning and you are buzzing to come in. The banter is flying as soon as you come in for breakfast but then as soon as you are on the training pitch it is focused. That shows on the pitch, we are fighting for each other, defending for our lives and everything is rubbing off.”

It has not all been plain sailing under Moyes. When last season was put on hold due to Covid the club were only outside the relegation zone on goal difference.

A little over 12 months ago, West Ham’s accounts warned that staying up was “an absolute necessity for the future well-being of the club” and, with their position looking perilous, vice-chair Karren Brady called for the season to be declared “null and void” in March.

The threat of relegation and the impact of the pandemic sharpened minds before the season restarted.

West Ham emerged from lockdown with two defeats, before a 3-2 home win over Chelsea in July helped spark their survival. A 4-0 win at Norwich would follow before safety was secured with a 3-1 home win against Watford.

That victory, according to one insider, was “the night everything changed”. A huge burden was lifted, Moyes had kept them up and proved his methods work.

Now, the real work could start in earnest and the building blocks of his “new West Ham” have continued to be put in place this season.

The team, and individuals, have been transformed. Antonio has led the way, Rice and Tomas Soucek have set the standard in midfield, while Angelo Ogbonna and Aaron Cresswell have been outstanding. A successful tactical switch from a back three to a back four made them more solid following an injury to Arthur Masuaku in December.

Recruitment has been key. Moyes has taken a firm handle on this area at a club whose track record in the transfer market has not always been great over the years. The signings of hard-working Jarrod Bowen and Soucek last January marked the start of a new direction for a club who Sullivan admitted “chased dreams” under Pellegrini and spent £170million on “a pile of players who did not improve the club”.
Many of Pellegrini’s signings — including Jack Wilshere, Sebastien Haller, Felipe Anderson, Carlos Sanchez and Roberto — have been moved on.

Sullivan has always taken a prominent role in transfers but had become disillusioned towards the end of Pellegrini’s time. Since Moyes returned, though, he and Sullivan are proving a good double act. Their relationship the first time around was less effective and ended with Sullivan saying the club would go in search of a “high-calibre” manager despite Moyes having kept them up.

Sullivan swallowed his pride by bringing back Moyes and, now, there is a good balance between the co-owner, sometimes impulsive and erratic, and his manager’s considered approach.

The two are in regular communication and Sullivan has regained his enthusiasm. Brady is a more regular visitor to the training ground than ever. “We’re all working together again,” said one source.

The last three transfer windows are an example of good work being done.

When Moyes told the club he wanted more legs in midfield, head of recruitment analysis Jordan Miles immediately suggested Soucek. The 6ft 4in midfielder has been a revelation and ran more than 17km against Manchester United last week.

Vladimir Coufal, who has followed Soucek from Slavia Prague, has been brilliant. Craig Dawson has been a shrewd signing, while Jesse Lingard also looks a great loan acquisition.

Moyes is meticulous in his recruitment work, known to have had 10 hour sessions poring over footage of targets with Miles and his other staff. The Scot is adamant West Ham will no longer buy “overpriced and overpaid” players and said he did not want to waste money after the club decided not to sign a striker last month.
Time will tell if that was a good decision, given Antonio’s history of hamstring injuries, but West Ham coped fine without him last night and it is another example of how Moyes is seeking to change the culture.

After years of West Ham failing to deliver on grand promises, Moyes has put a lid on the noise coming out of the club about what they could achieve, vowing to “promise less and deliver more”.

Since they left Upton Park in 2016, West Ham have never been far away from a crisis. Keeping this rollercoaster of a club on the up remains the challenge but things feel different now.

“It might happen,” said the manager last night. “We are a team in progress, trying to grow and put good foundations in place so in the future we can have regular good teams at the top of the league. We are enjoying it. Why would we not? But there is a lot more to come.”

Moyes will continue to keep promises to a minimum, but in trying to manage ambition he has West Ham fans aiming higher than they have been for years.Many of Pellegrini’s signings — including Jack Wilshere, Sebastien Haller, Felipe Anderson, Carlos Sanchez and Roberto — have been moved on.

Sullivan has always taken a prominent role in transfers but had become disillusioned towards the end of Pellegrini’s time. Since Moyes returned, though, he and Sullivan are proving a good double act. Their relationship the first time around was less effective and ended with Sullivan saying the club would go in search of a “high-calibre” manager despite Moyes having kept them up.

Sullivan swallowed his pride by bringing back Moyes and, now, there is a good balance between the co-owner, sometimes impulsive and erratic, and his manager’s considered approach.

The two are in regular communication and Sullivan has regained his enthusiasm. Brady is a more regular visitor to the training ground than ever. “We’re all working together again,” said one source.

The last three transfer windows are an example of good work being done.

When Moyes told the club he wanted more legs in midfield, head of recruitment analysis Jordan Miles immediately suggested Soucek. The 6ft 4in midfielder has been a revelation and ran more than 17km against Manchester United last week.

Vladimir Coufal, who has followed Soucek from Slavia Prague, has been brilliant. Craig Dawson has been a shrewd signing, while Jesse Lingard also looks a great loan acquisition.

Moyes is meticulous in his recruitment work, known to have had 10 hour sessions poring over footage of targets with Miles and his other staff. The Scot is adamant West Ham will no longer buy “overpriced and overpaid” players and said he did not want to waste money after the club decided not to sign a striker last month.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
Glad that’s all sparrow
Thought might be under the weather with poxy flu
Report sparrow February 17, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
No flu for us pensioners fattie as we have the jab every year and now the Covid as well.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
Any side effects from covid jab sparrow
Headache days on end ?
Report sparrow February 17, 2021 6:06 PM GMT
No nothing fattie other than a sore arm for a day which was nothing to bother about.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
Good man
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 6:10 PM GMT
6 8 10 12 bend action rd crayford Saturday morn
Report the bairn February 17, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
West Ham fans seem to want Moyes to fail rather than have a top 6 team. if I were a player I wouldn't want to play for these clowns. mind you it was the same at Manchester. cheers.
Report sparrow February 17, 2021 6:17 PM GMT
I will take a look at that fattie but funnily enough I have been doing ok on the dogs so far this year and probably because there is so little to bet on for me. I thouroughly enjoyed that E1 at Romford which Mays Sweetpea won against a load of non stayers.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Bet you did
Pouched the 10/1 thing I backed on the line that sums my punting up perfectly at moment
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 17, 2021 7:30 PM GMT
Sparrow I’m not use to people having random digs at westham
For No reason must be doing well Laugh

I don’t Moyles fall just want him to go for it not hold back
Not park a bus v top 6
Report sparrow February 17, 2021 7:54 PM GMT
We have to play to our strengths and Moyes knows just how to do that. For the first time in many years we have a decent defence but we can't afford any more injuries and I will be more than happy with a top half finish any more than that will be a bonus. I prefer to draw 0-0 than lose 3-2.
Report penzance February 18, 2021 10:58 AM GMT
those 5 games on form should
pick up at least 7/8 points.
Maybe more if we start to create
more chances.In all fairness we
aint under any pressure and should go
out and play with freedom and attack
teams,really.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 18, 2021 11:03 AM GMT
Set up for 0-0 away to city by all means 
But 0-0 at home against spurs rather give them 3 points than watch negative passive play at home
Look at Liverpool game there for the taking we played champions not 11 on show that day !!!!
And Man U game !! Both games could got result
O well see Sunday how positive or negative approach he goes
Antonio benrahma lingard play I be happy if we get rolled than fair enough

Nothing to lose going for 3 points where safe like you said sparrow anythink else is a bonus
Thought of being 9 points in front of spurs is nice gap when looks at games to play
Report ffaith February 18, 2021 2:03 PM GMT
Really I am old enough and ugly to know better but nowadays I look forward to games with eager anticipation.  That voice that says 'we are West Ham it will only end in crushing disappointment' is slowly fading away.                                                      Playing Bowen down the middle was long overdue I thought.  Didn't he play there for Hull?  hope it works out then the we would not have to rely so much on Mikail
Report ffaith February 18, 2021 8:40 PM GMT
I used to bang on about the West ham way now I realize deep down I don't really care how we win just as long as we do
Report sparrow February 19, 2021 7:44 AM GMT
From The Guardian newspaper.

West Ham and Tottenham are both brimful of exciting attacking talent, and managed by middle-aged men traditionally inclined towards extreme caution in important games. As the home side, it is beholden upon West Ham to take the game to their opponents, whose manager will be only too happy to let them have the ball and hope to catch them on the break. It is a plan that may backfire on Spurs again, as David Moyes seems willing to give the fine team he has assembled a far freer rein than any of his previous sides. Spurs go into this game on the back of four defeats in five league games, amid a torrent of speculation regarding bust-ups, lost dressing-rooms and unsettled superstars. West Ham have the momentum, while Daniel Levy’s vanity project in hiring José Mourinho looks to be coming to an all-too-predictable and hugely comical end.
Report colupaul February 19, 2021 7:35 PM GMT
Vanity project... Laugh

This is the game isn't it, if I had to have a bet I'd lay Spurs... been doing a lot of looking back during the pandemic, the two games that stand out for me at home to Spurs are the '81 League Cup quarter final, was in the West Side and had a great view of Psycho's miss hit cross 10 mins from the end that won the game and the 3-0 (New Year's Day '83?) Cottee made his debut and scored with a header in the 3-0, great memories...
Report penzance February 19, 2021 7:43 PM GMT
Cottee scored from a rebound,I think.
Came from off the bar.Was in the North bank
by the bovril stall,standing by the blue
steel fence bit.
Report sparrow February 19, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
1981 League Cup Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVRfM7KMs4
Report colupaul February 19, 2021 9:23 PM GMT
That's a good watch Sparrow, couldn't get a ticket for the final, did go to the replay at Villa Park...

Footage of the Cottee debut goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukSi1oHwbgY

I was on the South Bank, two lines of plod separating the two sets of supporters, surprised to see that the West Side had been converted to seats that long ago...

Question for the older 'ammers... early mid 70s, where were the away fans situated?  Watched a Big Match 74/75 I think against Wolves, home fans seemed to occupy the right side of the South Bank as you look at it, any ideas?
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 19, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
Cage at southbank
Away fans where to the right if your in north bank facing
I can remember
Report sofaking February 21, 2021 4:04 AM GMT
It's mad that Spurs are favourites. West Ham should be no less than 2.4.
Report sofaking February 21, 2021 4:04 AM GMT
No more than 2.4*
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 7:11 AM GMT
Plenty at 3.15 if you want it.
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 8:00 AM GMT
From The Guardian Newspaper.

The deadline was approaching but West Ham were not in a rush. Although there was a clamour for them to sign a new striker after Sébastien Haller joined Ajax for £20m at the start of January, the right option never appeared. Bids for Sevilla’s Youssef En-Nesyri and Montpellier’s Gaëtan Laborde were rejected, interest in Reims’s Boulaye Dia fizzled out and although David Moyes targeted Joshua King last summer, West Ham were content to stand aside when Everton hijacked Fulham’s move for the Norway forward.

It seemed that West Ham were showing a familiar flaw: failing to build from a position of strength. Allowing Haller to leave was undeniably a risk given Michail Antonio, only established striker left in the squad, is susceptible to hamstring injuries. It left Moyes without depth up front, threatening to derail an unlikely push for Champions League qualification.

Resentment towards the club’s board resurfaced. There were grumbles when Antonio toiled in the recent draw with Fulham, his weariness betraying him when he pulled up during the second half. It was a predictable turn of events. Three days later, West Ham lost 1-0 after lining up without a striker against Manchester United in the fifth round of the FA Cup, with Andriy Yarmolenko struggling as a false nine before going off injured.

It exposed the reliance on Antonio. Mipo Odubeko, an 18-year-old striker, is raw. As January wore on, though, it became clear West Ham were prepared to hold back. Finding value in a depressed market was not easy. With Moyes in charge, recruitment is less scattergun. Previous attempts to cover holes in attack during winter windows make for grim reading, while even Haller was essentially a panic buy at £45m, swept in at short notice after Marko Arnautovic left in July 2019.

In that context it was worth pausing for a moment. Was it wise to spend for the sake of PR? Did giving the 29-year-old King a big contract represent good business when West Ham have so often caused long-term problems with short-term fixes?

Time will tell if West Ham, who are also without Angelo Ogbonna in defence, made the right call. Although there is no alternative to Antonio, who is a doubt to face Tottenham on Sunday, there is still cause for optimism. Moyes has been defying the odds all season and he did attend to other parts of his attack last month, signing Jesse Lingard on loan from Manchester United.
Jesse Lingard celebrates his goal in the 2016 FA Cup final
Jesse Lingard celebrates his goal in the 2016 FA Cup final. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images

The challenge is finding ways to adjust and although Lingard is not a striker, his nimble movement in an advanced role helped West Ham overcome Antonio’s absence during their 3-0 win over Sheffield United last Monday.

This is where Moyes often shines, hunting for bargains who can lift his team’s level. Lingard arrived hungry after a tough period, having missed a significant chunk of the season due to having to self-isolate “a few times” after coming into contact with a number of people who had Covid‑19. The 28-year-old has shown no signs of rust. He marked his debut with two clinical goals in the 3-1 win over Aston Villa and his dynamism troubled Sheffield United, who could not handle Lingard’s interplay with Jarrod Bowen.

West Ham are benefiting from a player with a point to prove. The arrival of Bruno Fernandes pushed him down the pecking order at Old Trafford last season, when he finished a disappointing campaign with one league goal, and he was often singled out for criticism when United struggled.

It is partly down to image. Lingard’s occasional exuberance on social media has led to criticism, even blurring his contribution on the pitch. But this is a player who has scored in two cup finals and who has helped England reach a World Cup semi-final. Moyes would not have signed a troublemaker and Lingard has quickly made a positive impression, hitting it off with his new teammates.

There has been only one slip-up: trying to take the ball off Declan Rice after winning West Ham’s first penalty of the season. But it was soon forgotten. It was better to focus on how Lingard earned the penalty, fastening on to a stray ball near halfway and exchanging passes with Bowen before being chopped down when through on goal.

Lingard oozed class, playing with speed, skill and energy. The numbers backed it up, showing he put four of his five shots on target, had 61 touches and made 36 passes. West Ham had another way of playing. Tomas Soucek offers goals from midfield, while Pablo Fornals, Saïd Benrahma and Manuel Lanzini bring creativity. But it was Lingard who made the strikerless system work, giving West Ham flexibility without Antonio as a focal point.

It is obvious why United did not agree to an option to buy in the £1.5m loan deal. Yet the short-term arrangement is working for West Ham. If anyone can make their gamble pay off, it is Lingard.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 21, 2021 8:35 AM GMT
Team sheet is key
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
1Fabianski
    5Coufal
    23Diop
    15Dawson
    3Cresswell
    28Soucek
    41Rice
    20Bowen
    11Lingard
    18Fornals
    30Antonio

Substitutes

4Balbuena
    9Benrahma
    10Lanzini
    14Alves
    16Noble
    25Martin
    31Johnson
    35Randolph
    45Odubeko
Report penzance February 21, 2021 12:00 PM GMT
could be the day Moyes get's one over
Jose.Let's hope so.
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
A hard fought win but well deserved for some solid defending.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 21, 2021 2:10 PM GMT
Glad that’s all over
Whos next city ???
Custards last stand that game
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 2:15 PM GMT
Hopefull Ogbonna will soon be fit again and I wonder why Fredericks was not in the squad.
Report penzance February 21, 2021 2:50 PM GMT
that goal made it a hard watch in the end
WD to Moyes who got his 1st win over Jose.
Report SontaranStratagem February 21, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
Someone has to stop this madness Laugh

West Ham managed by David Moyes sat 4th with only 13 games left Shocked
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 4:11 PM GMT
Just one Moyes hater left now as the others run for cover.
Report penzance February 21, 2021 4:46 PM GMT
who's running for cover?
Report sofaking February 21, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
Well done lads, never in doubt.  Europe beckons. Have West Ham played in Europe before (honest question)? Blush
Report penzance February 21, 2021 4:58 PM GMT
yeah in the qualifiers a few years back.
Won the Cup Winners Cup and runers up in
it aswell.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 21, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
Europe beckons Means the dido clan got spend some cash
Cos where Fred bare itv 4 on Thursday night ain’t doing it for me
Want hear that champion league music or none at all
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
penzance....I would have given you the benefit of the doubt but it seems I was wrong and you wish to be included.
Report penzance February 21, 2021 5:50 PM GMT
your views on Moyes are different from others.
Some will have your view.I think he is negative
at times.That's my view.
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
You are obviously missing the annual relegation battle but I shall continue supporting the team and the manager as I have done all along. You should try it instead of constantly moaning.
Report penzance February 21, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
I'm not moaning fella,I say it how I see it.
Did'nt see you on here after the Man U game.
We might aswell given them a bye.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 21, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
I’m on same page as Penzance about Moyles
We played 20 min good football today
First 15 min
First 5 second half
We sat held like warriors got bit rub of the green 
Why will do that ????
We can play and score goals so don’t know why sit bring on that onslaught
Spurs back four are dog **** too
Man City game I would  love to be surprised
We go try press them back for first 25 min
If doesn’t work bring on backs try hold them too 3 or 4
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 21, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
Text a mate after 10min today
Said I can’t believe spurs ain’t up for it look beaten mob
Going win this easy ! Wrong cos we sat off
Made bale look half good today he’s finished been done for ages
Report sparrow February 21, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
I just don't why I bother 4th in the league and still complaining. I suppose you would expect any other manager to easily get us into Europe this season and this after all these years of struggling and one in the Championship too.
I shall waste no more of my time on here.
Report sofaking February 22, 2021 2:14 AM GMT

Feb 21, 2021 -- 10:46PM, sparrow wrote:

I just don't why I bother 4th in the league and still complaining. I suppose you would expect any other manager to easily get us into Europe this season and this after all these years of struggling and one in the Championship too. I shall waste no more of my time on here.

They're a difficult bunch to please, sparrow. 4th in the table at this stage of the season (ahead of all of their far bigger local rivals) and the best West Ham side I've ever seen.  Moyes is not "fashionable" enough I guess. Crazy

Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 22, 2021 6:40 AM GMT
All I’m trying get across is I don’t get why we sit off when we can play good football
Make things double hard
Over the moon about being 4th
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 22, 2021 9:49 AM GMT
Sparrow we all have Westham in our souls we all have our views

What I will say benrahma Moyles needs to put arm around his shoulder give him a start
Him jessy togather look real handful
Report colupaul February 22, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
I'm not sure if I enjoyed the game yesterday, the early goal in each half set the tone but in the main it was backs against the wall stuff... always good to get one over the auld enemy... in the bigger scheme of things it's 3 points however they were earned, gotta say I couldn't watch the last 5 mins... Laugh

Have a look at this on youtube against Wolves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PszRXw7GMq8

If you look at the South Bank it appears the right hand corner is occupied by home fans?

Check out the free kick at the 3.30 mark, I'm sure this routine was outlawed at some point...
Report penzance February 22, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
You can still take a free kick like that,I think.
The one what was banned was the one where the ball
is between both feet when the player jumps up.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 22, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
Southback 91 93 times remember away fans in south bank
Wasn’t born 1974
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 27, 2021 2:26 PM GMT
Could see Johnson was poor
Why only bring on subs 6 min to go
We played so well wanted draw out of that
Little disappointed
Leeds next
Report sparrow February 27, 2021 2:35 PM GMT
I think we showed today why we are high up in the league and a pity we couldn't get the point which would have been deserved. Just 2 complaints on the field of play firstly that Mahrez should never have been left with acres of space in the run up to their 2nd goal and that Johnson is way out of his depth at this level having given the ball away time and again.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK February 27, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
Out of depth very true we us westham fans could see
He was playing poor not offering anythink up the left
Giving the ball away countless times
Antonio was **** 70min
Why he had play another 16min **** nose
Why he be off injured agsin
Moyles can’t play his second hand quick enough imo
Report penzance February 27, 2021 8:46 PM GMT
Man City on some roll.
Played alright today,they're just
too good for teams atm.When you look
at their bench,that's why these big
clubs want 5 subs allowed.
Report ffaith February 27, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
Pros and cons as I saw it

Pros

Antonio superb hold up play
Super Vladimir Coufal
Formals youngish player slowly getting better

Cons

Cresswell and Johnson
Keeper who didn't command his 6 yard area
Diop
Lingard had 3/4 chances to play in the killer pass but didn't do so.

I felt pig sick that we lost that's how far we have come
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com