Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Platini
23 Jul 18 13:58
| Topic/replies: 22,291 | Blogger: Platini's blog
Drawn to play AEK Athens in the 3rd and qualifier for Champions League.

Very tricky tie by the looks of it, esp with the disadvantage of playing 2nd leg away in Greece.

And yes I haven't forgotten there's still a 2nd round tier to get thru (v Rosenborg) but I would be hugely shocked if the hoops didn't get past them.
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW CELTIC FC
Show More
Report jedi sophie September 3, 2020 9:22 AM BST
Never likely been at a single Liverpool or Celtic match in his puff...

Despite the imaginary tales.

Travelled all around GB attending matches, yet somehow ends up living in Liverpool and has a season ticket. Just like that......Excited
Report MJK September 17, 2020 9:17 AM BST

Sep 2, 2020 -- 10:14AM, MJK wrote:

Duffy a big signing, if Ajer gets the head down Lennon can go back to three at the back. Plus he's a big plus for set pieces.

Duffy already paying for himself via set pieces. Team still not playing as well as it can though.

Report pushkin99 September 17, 2020 2:24 PM BST
I see that u are still trying to ruin the Celtic thread with yet more unsubstantiated claims, made up lies and untruths from sophie/mjk.

At least we are all grateful that her swearing and abusive comments seems to have reduced and small mercies that she has not gone into graphic detail about what she likes to do with d1ldos on here...............
Report pushkin99 September 17, 2020 2:32 PM BST
No posts on this thread for 5 mins short of two weeks! is it any wonder with mjk/sophie ruining it?
Report MJK September 17, 2020 5:15 PM BST
If anyone wants to visit the forum 'special' person the address is Thomas Drive, Liverpool L14 3PJ. Ask for the Broadoak Unit.
Report pushkin99 September 17, 2020 6:49 PM BST
Any fair minded person - of which there are many on this forum - can see that u sophie/mjk are ruining the Celtic thread.

In the vast majority of your forum posts, u revert to type with your never ending unsubstantiated claims, telling downright lies and untruths. Before typically resorting to swearing, abuse and agression.
Report themightymac September 17, 2020 7:03 PM BST
A win is a win but they struggled last night against the mighty St Mirren. They need to get their act together fast. Cry
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2020 10:26 PM BST
Lennon watching different games from me!!!
Report MJK September 18, 2020 8:56 AM BST

Sep 17, 2020 -- 11:26PM, jedi sophie wrote:

Lennon watching different games from me!!!

Absolutely. But I suppose he has to say that. Taylor not up to the type of game they want to play. Broonie should be benched, just wants to foul all the time now and slows everything down.

Report MJK September 18, 2020 12:43 PM BST
Latvians next round. No excuses.
Report MJK September 20, 2020 1:58 PM BST
Caught the second half of the Hubs/Rangers game. Once again with this commentator you're left in no doubt as to who he wants to win. Shouting after Rangers score, totally deflated after His equalized. He's the same if Rangers score against Celtic.
Report MJK September 20, 2020 1:59 PM BST
*Hibs
Report themightymac September 20, 2020 3:32 PM BST
They should coast in the Europa group stage.
Report themightymac September 20, 2020 3:35 PM BST
Dons getting beat 3-0 at home by Motherwell and still in 1st half Shocked
Report MJK September 21, 2020 7:57 AM BST
James McClean signing this week apparently
Report themightymac September 21, 2020 1:59 PM BST
RIGA 10/1

DRAW 6/1

CELTIC 1/5
Report MJK September 22, 2020 5:51 PM BST
Stoke playing hardball with McClean. Their player in fairness.
Report jedi sophie September 22, 2020 6:26 PM BST
Good signing 5 years ago....many may think better than Taylor, but longer term not convinced.

Time Celtic got back to bringing players at peak not end of careers.
Report MJK September 22, 2020 6:40 PM BST
Absolutely. I think Lennon just wants players in to get them over the line this season then wave goodbye.
Report jamesdean September 22, 2020 7:43 PM BST
And rightly so

btw when was the last 3 players celtic brought in at end of their careers?
Theyve been buying them young and selling on for years, vvd, dembele, eddie, turnbull, klimala etc
Report MJK September 24, 2020 8:06 PM BST
Rubbish performance
Report themightymac September 24, 2020 9:36 PM BST
That was indeed grim viewing MJK. Win is a win but they should be brushing teams from Latvia away with ease. Cry
Report jedi sophie September 24, 2020 11:19 PM BST
Buying young and selling on is not buying players at there peak either...

It's as you say, buying young in hope of selling on.

They hope to hit on 1 or 2 gems, and have managed to do that but they have also signed literally dozens who wouldnt get a game with Stenhousemuir.

Dozens.

Ins and outs when you look closely are bizarre, so many bought for 7 figures barely made a ripple on 1st team.

Just as well the neighbours been an utter basket case for years. They maybe are not this year though.
Report jedi sophie September 24, 2020 11:20 PM BST
Not entirely sure we are seeing many enjoyable, convincing displays at all.
Need to up the performance imo.
Report MJK September 27, 2020 6:23 PM BST
Much better today
Report themightymac October 4, 2020 1:55 PM BST
If they had showed the same urgency in the first 80 minutes that they did in the last ten minutes, they would have won comfortably. Mind you, 2-0 is comfortable. Crazy

.... Poor performance again but a win is a win.
Report MJK October 4, 2020 2:02 PM BST
Yeah poor. Edouard is either tired or isn't bothered. Build up is too slow. Taylor's replacement is more urgent than ever.
Report themightymac October 4, 2020 2:16 PM BST
Correct MJK. Edouard seems listless. Something more in it perhaps? In the huff with NL?
Report jamesdean October 4, 2020 2:22 PM BST
Probably had his head turned by his agents filling his head with more money big moves. If he's still here after monday expect to see him
back to his old form. Add to that Grifiths is back and they two can pair up again with ajeti as back up when he's fit.

Playing terrible but winning every week and scoring last minute winners, that's the sign of champions. Very thin margins, 0-0 today
and confidence all over the place, late Grifiths winner and confidence rockets again
Report themightymac October 6, 2020 10:35 PM BST
Laxalt is a terrific addition to the squad.
Report sofiakenny October 6, 2020 11:14 PM BST
french Eddie his the covey.
Report themightymac October 7, 2020 11:19 AM BST
That is bad news indeed.
Report MJK October 7, 2020 4:54 PM BST
Christie self isolating, should be ok for the old firm.
Report MJK October 7, 2020 8:27 PM BST
No he won't apparently
Report jedi sophie October 7, 2020 9:51 PM BST
Not sure Christie, or Eddie will be right for next sunday, even if no symptoms, clearly no training at all. Isolated completely.
Report jedi sophie October 7, 2020 10:02 PM BST
Christie 14 days.
Report jedi sophie October 7, 2020 10:03 PM BST
Arsenal already saying Tierney was distanced from Armstrong, possible Christie same...

Eddie 10 days I assume but no training an issue imo.
Report MJK October 10, 2020 1:46 PM BST
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=646867616151127&_rdr
Report stroodle October 12, 2020 7:14 PM BST
Not very often you see Celtic 6/4 at home to a Scottish club, must be a lot of confidence in Rangers at the moment.
Report MJK October 12, 2020 7:41 PM BST
The way its going with the Covid at the moment Celtic might have the reserve team out
Report stroodle October 12, 2020 7:54 PM BST
Celtic rocked by another Covid-19 case and could be without FIVE key players for Old Firm clash with Rangers. Thanks for the info MJK.
Report MJK October 12, 2020 8:01 PM BST
The way its going with the Irish squad there's a good chance Shane Duffy will be another out
Report jedi sophie October 17, 2020 11:44 AM BST
Very very strange selection today.
Very strange, bench looks better than the 11....

Do not like there team either fortunately.

A huge price Celtic no matter the teams.
Report hello :-) October 17, 2020 2:06 PM BST
definately , 160/1 not to be sniffed at
Report themightymac October 17, 2020 2:48 PM BST
Worst performance ever from a Celtic team in an Old Firm game. Sevco were not much better but fully deserved the win. Lennon will be drafting the excuses.
Report MJK October 17, 2020 3:15 PM BST

Oct 17, 2020 -- 3:48PM, themightymac wrote:

Worst performance ever from a Celtic team in an Old Firm game. Sevco were not much better but fully deserved the win. Lennon will be drafting the excuses.

Absolutely. To be honest Celtic haven't been much better in previous games but have just done enough to win against poor teams.

Report stroodle October 17, 2020 3:37 PM BST
Rangers odds on for title now after win
Report hello :-) October 17, 2020 4:30 PM BST
Hunger isnt in that team anymore , win win win for years taken its toll

plain to see
Report MJK October 17, 2020 5:06 PM BST

Oct 17, 2020 -- 5:30PM, hello :-) wrote:

Hunger isnt in that team anymore , win win win for years taken its toll plain to see

Fair comment. Also a few clearly are not bothered about playing for Lennon.

Report G Hall October 17, 2020 6:35 PM BST
The ten in a row was lost i believe the day we did the quadruple treble, and the biscuit tin board appointed the incompetent but cheap Lennon as permanent manager. I say lost because unless Lennon goes quickly we ain't winning ten in a row.

The guy is clueless.
Report hello :-) October 17, 2020 9:37 PM BST
watching lennon post match interview , it felt like he had resigned himself to defeat long ago and didnt really offer fans anything going forward

meanwhile stevie g and his brand of football is really taking shape , team have really strengthened mentally after last couple years failures , domination of play , passing and workrate off the ball were eveident in nearly every game they played up till today

dont think tic are a happy camp , some dont want to be there and some do for the cheque only it seems , too early to say its 55 but on todays evidence celtic will find it very hard to pick themselves up , and they have the sheep next away
Report TheBetterBettor October 17, 2020 9:56 PM BST
Hunger isnt in that team anymore , win win win for years taken its toll

plain to see

Winners fatigue, city and liverpool have this in abundance.
Report jedi sophie October 18, 2020 5:40 PM BST
Think we were here last year,3 pts lost no more.

Celtics most influential players not involved.

Miles from over. Ridiculous to say otherwise imo....

1 point clear after win game in hand.

The game was dreadful though and questions should be asked, of Lemnon in particular....

Terrible selection and tactics. Slow to react and change it. Lay down....

Very very poor.

Too many loans and guys with no clue what it's all about, and been coming for a while now.
Report jamesdean October 19, 2020 2:59 PM BST
When eddy and grifiths are back fit and click it will be a different story.
Remember when sevco won last time at parkhead just before new year it was the same nonsense getting spouted then...we seen what happened after that

This is the boot up the @rse we've needed, just this time its came earlier than last season.

Tbf the players have needed a boot up the @rse because as said above they haven't been on it at all this season yet beat the sheep and we're 1 point behind
after playing the old firm match with half a team, with still 75% of season left

Keeping eddy firstly at celtic and fit and grifiths fit is lennon's biggest task, not sevco. The defence is poor but will grow in confidence when they 2 are banging 3 and 4 in up front like last season after new year
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2020 3:47 PM BST
Odds against most welcome.

And a gift....
Report G Hall October 22, 2020 10:19 PM BST
Another home defeat, surely he has to go now, before anymore damage is done.
Report jedi sophie October 23, 2020 6:11 PM BST
ExcitedLaughHappyCool
Report pushkin99 October 23, 2020 6:50 PM BST
As Sandie Shaw sang, and on my command here she comes, my 'Puppet on a String'......................HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
Report jedi sophie October 23, 2020 8:54 PM BST
In fairness at least it's not copy n paste drivel...

Utter tosh but not cooy n paste.

Keep the comedy gold coming Pishkin. You do brighten up my evenings with your postings and level of self importance...

Excited
Report pushkin99 October 24, 2020 10:10 AM BST
another quick pull of her string.................
Report MJK October 25, 2020 2:34 PM GMT
Not good enough again, especially defensively against a bad Aberdeen side. Have to ask any budding refs out there the ref played the advantage and Aberdeen hit the post. How then can he pull it back for the penalty?
Report MissSunacellli October 25, 2020 2:49 PM GMT
Because no advantage was gained
Report MJK October 25, 2020 3:40 PM GMT

Oct 25, 2020 -- 4:49PM, MissSunacellli wrote:

But anywhere else on the pitch when advantage is given the ref doesn't call it back usually. That's what I couldn't understand.

Report SontaranStratagem October 25, 2020 3:44 PM GMT
Lennon the right man?

I wouldn't be getting rid yet but have to ask whether he's got it when up against actual competition in Rangers
Report MJK October 25, 2020 4:03 PM GMT

Oct 25, 2020 -- 4:49PM, MissSunacellli wrote:

Once the advantage is played, and player has got his shot away, then he had his chance so doesn’t get a second opportunity. Apparently this is the Fifa rule.

Report Cliftonhill Albion October 25, 2020 4:26 PM GMT
From FIFA

Advantage
• allows play to continue when an offence occurs and the non-offending team
will benefit from the advantage and penalises the offence if the anticipated
advantage does not ensue at that time or within a few seconds

So, getting the shot away does not necessarily mean that the anticipated advantage has ensued. Haven't seen the incident, so can't comment.  But the above is the rule.  The fact that a shot has occurred doesn't mean that there has been an advantage (over what would have been gained by being awarded a penalty).
Report pushkin99 October 25, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
Is anyone even slightly surprised that MJK interprets everything though green tinted spectacles?

No doubt he will next be claiming to be a match going Juve supporter, as he fantasises about using Heysel as a stick to beat every single Liverpool supporter over the head with for ever more..............................
Report MJK October 25, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
Read my first sentence. Not good enough. I'm asking about ONE incident. Not trying to get anyone banned. We all know who does though. Once again infesting this thread as your own fans can't stand you. Though apparently they only became your team recently. Never been at a game. Gimp.
Report pushkin99 October 25, 2020 6:36 PM GMT
U are the worst of green slime, telling lie upon lie in your fantasist existance.

That every single year in May u fantasise about being a match going Juve fan has got to be the lowest pretence ever see on this forum.

Your sole purpose of your fantasy is to use Heysel as a stick to beat EVERY SINGLE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER OVER THE HEAD WITH FOR EVER MORE.

Your Mother must be so very proud of u.
Report pushkin99 October 25, 2020 6:38 PM GMT
MJK/spohie, are one and the same. How sad is that.
Report pushkin99 October 25, 2020 7:23 PM GMT
I worked u out years ago MJK/spohie, when u gave your unqualified backing to that obvious United troll 'Uncle Puncle' it was obvious what your game was.

Your stupidity in backing that troll gave the game awy. Since then I have been watching u.......................
Report pushkin99 October 25, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
Let your abuse, insults, ridiculous claims, made up lies and made up untruths ensue.

I have u now fully in my sights United troll.
Report MJK October 28, 2020 11:24 AM GMT
Candygram for Mongo
Report themightymac October 28, 2020 3:05 PM GMT
Responding to criticism in a tv interview was not a good idea by manager. He should just get on with it and keep stum.
Report MJK October 28, 2020 3:08 PM GMT

Oct 28, 2020 -- 5:05PM, themightymac wrote:

Responding to criticism in a tv interview was not a good idea by manager. He should just get on with it and keep stum.

Absolutely

Report MJK November 2, 2020 6:46 AM GMT
Two good first halves last two games, much more like it. Second halves not so much. Bitton very solid at the back unlike Duffy.
Report themightymac November 2, 2020 8:57 PM GMT
Agreed. Much improved performance MJK indeed. Edouard back gives the team and support a feel good factor.
Report pushkin99 November 3, 2020 10:18 PM GMT

Oct 23, 2020 -- 7:50PM, pushkin99 wrote:

As Sandie Shaw sang, and on my command here she comes, my 'Puppet on a String'......................

A quick pull of her string!

No doubt she will soon come running along on here, to tell her lies about me before whining and squealing away like the stuckist of stuck pigs cos her team can'twin every game.................

Report pushkin99 November 5, 2020 9:10 PM GMT
I really do hope Sparta Prague slip up in the second half.

Else she will soon com running to be on here whining and squealing away like the stuckest of stuck pigs.

Please Lord,spare us from all that ScaredScaredScaredScaredScaredScaredScared
Report badjoe November 5, 2020 9:55 PM GMT
Who would you lads want in? Who is available and want it?
Report themightymac November 5, 2020 11:52 PM GMT
Eddie Howe is 11/10 fav. They are having a laugh.
Report G Hall November 6, 2020 12:17 AM GMT
They will probably look for a manager who is currently out of work.
Report jedi sophie November 6, 2020 3:42 AM GMT
In my view there is something seriously wrong within the dressing room?

And there is also something going on with the manager?

He is just not behaving in the same fashion as the Neil Lennon we all know....

One of the worst displays I can remember in many a year, too many areas to discuss but in particular the goalkeeping and defense is very very bad indeed.

Can only improve and to be honest it needs to fast.

Fitness would be a start.
Report MJK November 6, 2020 11:14 AM GMT
Awful stuff after the last two games seemed to be heading back on track. Absolutely no coincidence that as soon as Duff left tactically Celtic are a mess. Even Elyounoussi who has been very good looked disinterested last night. Once a manager loses a dressing room there's only one way it can go usually. Only the local players wgive it their all now, though McGregor looks a shadow of the player he can be. Brown is finished and Christie is so issed off he's running around like a madman, a red card waiting to happen. Big game on Sunday. If there is to be a change Strachan until the end of the season is the type of change the board would go for imop.
Report themightymac November 6, 2020 2:58 PM GMT
Good players don`t become bad overnight. It seems like Neil has lost the dressing room.
Report iamajambo November 6, 2020 3:09 PM GMT
I just hope that he stays until after the Cup Final.Grin
Report TheBetterBettor November 6, 2020 9:40 PM GMT
If only brenda made way for slippy...
Report akabula November 6, 2020 10:43 PM GMT
Has Mark McGhees time finally come?
Report MJK November 7, 2020 9:37 AM GMT
Nooooooo Laugh
Report jedi sophie November 7, 2020 5:59 PM GMT
Heard Strachan mentioned again.

Surely not....

Must win morn.
Report MJK November 21, 2020 6:55 PM GMT
More rubbish today, players clearly don't want to play for Lennon and Brown is becoming a serious liability. Ironically for Rangers the draw is probably better than a Celtic defeat as it might keep Lennon at Celtic a little longer. Hopefully not.
Report themightymac November 21, 2020 7:19 PM GMT
100% correct MJK.
Report MJK November 21, 2020 7:23 PM GMT
Talk over here tonight that Roy Keane's had a telephone call from Celtic...
Report G Hall November 21, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
A joke
Report themightymac November 22, 2020 12:06 AM GMT
I like Roy but player management wouldn't be his best quality, lol.

To be a top manager, you have to be part Psychologist to get the best out of all the players.

If they go in a huff with Neil yelling at them after the Ferencvaros debacle, imagine what the players would be like with Roy Laugh
Report pushkin99 November 22, 2020 7:53 PM GMT
A quick pull of her string.

As sure as eggs are eggs she will soon come running along here to either:

(1) squeal away like the stuckist of stuck pigs cos Celtic are unable to win every game, or

(2) she will be on here with another of her rants, telling nothing but ridiculous and made up claims, lies and untruths about me.
Report themightymac November 22, 2020 9:57 PM GMT
How many performances is that this season that the manager has said it is unacceptable?
Report akabula November 22, 2020 10:00 PM GMT
What celtic need is another Tommy Sheridan motivational video.
Report feedthepony November 23, 2020 10:34 PM GMT
Standard Lennon cycle here - the good work by the previous manager has now finished so he can no longer ride that slip stream.

2 seasons max and he’s done - happened at the hibs.

Just keep him for the cup final tho - he hates the hearts.
Report cool_hand_luke November 23, 2020 11:09 PM GMT
Eddie Howe could be an appointment in the Rodgers mold, tactically astute with a point to prove, could be a nice fit for both. He would also have the bottle to put Scott Brown out his misery, his legs have well and truly gone unfortunately.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com