Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
20 Jul 18 21:16
| Topic/replies: 188,281 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
LaughLaughLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Richarlison £50m
Show More
Report mafeking July 20, 2018 9:17 PM BST
everton certainly seem to like making the same mistakes twice
Report Ibrahima Sonko July 20, 2018 9:22 PM BST
Everton's spending since they have been taken over has been a joy for every other club.

You'd think Stevie Wonder is their chief scout.
Report Racingqueen July 20, 2018 9:26 PM BST
they play like a team of Stevie Wonders too
Report Solano1 July 20, 2018 9:28 PM BST
Ismanov digging deep again.
Report tobermory July 20, 2018 11:54 PM BST
Bizarre. Even when he was doing well - for about 6 games - I thought he was being overpraised by pundits. Then he went about 6 months without doing anything.

Seems £35M + add ons if he is a big success so I guess it will be £35M in the end.
Report mouse muldoon July 21, 2018 1:17 AM BST
Clue was always in the name,

We'll make you a rich charlie, son.
Report Dav_vin03 July 21, 2018 8:14 AM BST
everton desperate for pace in the team.
Report DirkDiggler July 21, 2018 11:49 AM BST
Bizarre. Even when he was doing well - for about 6 games - I thought he was being overpraised by pundits. Then he went about 6 months without doing anything.

The 'Jesus Trajectory'.
Report portmanpark July 21, 2018 3:00 PM BST
An huge punt that as disaster written all over it.
Report Solano1 July 21, 2018 4:36 PM BST
I won't believe this price until miscreant man tells us that he has signed the cheque.
Report themightymac July 22, 2018 12:13 AM BST
Murdoch and Sky to blame. Money talks. Mercenaries the lot of them.
Report Captain carnage July 22, 2018 12:42 AM BST
If this happens Everton have turned from being a complete embarrasement to the biggest laughing stock in world football - end of.
Report Aspro July 22, 2018 9:52 AM BST
Agree totally with most of the comments here. Was genuinely shocked when I saw the headline. The guy really is a poor player and I question if he is even worthy of any Premiership side, let alone Everton who are a permanent fixture... not for long with signings like this.
Report n88uk July 22, 2018 9:53 AM BST
It never makes sense to do deals like this because it's a huge gamble, you aren't getting proven quality for that world class. Clubs would be better off plucking someone who's performed well in one of the foreign top leagues and would probably get them for like half this price. Still a gamble, but a more financially sound one. Then again Everton's business last summer was awful too.

Generally buying average players from other Premier League clubs for vastly inflated fees is the biggest mistake Premier League clubs are making, and probably biggest factor in why the teams aren't as good as they should be with the money they have at their disposal.
Report jedi sophie July 22, 2018 10:21 AM BST
Surely for example Max Meyer ex Schalke a better bet,in more ways than one, surprised Liverpool haven't taken him...
Report jedi sophie July 22, 2018 10:21 AM BST
Alleged long-term interest,on a free now..
Report Outpost July 22, 2018 11:51 AM BST
it's a lot of money to pay for someone who's main skill is diving.

may as well buy zaha as well and go for the full set.
Report betting_masta July 22, 2018 5:04 PM BST
i believe it is the book soccernomics which details that to do better in the league table you must spend more on wages, not on transfers. these mid-table teams, i am thinking of west ham, everton, they go out and splurge the cash on transfer fees but they get second-rate players. they'd be better off spending all their huge transfer fees on attracting 1 or 2 better players with bigger wages than 4 or 5 mediocre ones. this kind of spending will keep them in the premier league sure but they won't be able to compete with the bigger boys. these are also two traditional clubs who have good academies, and yet they fill their team with expensive foreigners. not  a good business model is it
Report DirkDiggler July 22, 2018 7:11 PM BST
The better players won't play at mid-table clubs.
Report betting_masta July 22, 2018 7:40 PM BST
they will if you pay them enough
Report Racingqueen July 22, 2018 8:01 PM BST
but you're paying above the odds. Midtable clubs should concentrate on developing youth and selling on. If I was a fan, I'd rather see players on their way up than has beens on their way down.
Report DIE LINKE July 22, 2018 8:14 PM BST
So you develop youth and sell players on while your competitors spend all of their TV money? Sounds like a one-way ticket to the Championship.
Report Racingqueen July 22, 2018 8:30 PM BST
sorry, meant in preference to big money signings like Richarlison. These clubs will never win leagues. A league cup will be their peak. I think clubs like this are better scouting the lower leagues than pi55ing away £50m on some over rated donkey like R.
Report charwell. July 23, 2018 11:03 AM BST
He will cost more than Salah, Mane or Firmino.

And he didn't score or create a goal for 2/3 of the season.

EFC spending like drunken sailors in a port in a bid to become relevant. Not sure how any side can spunk so much money and have such a terrible side. They still have 4 managers on the payroll too Laugh
Report DirkDiggler July 23, 2018 11:31 AM BST
they will if you pay them enough

They won't because they could get the same wages or more playing for a better club. Everton etc can attract a certain level of player, they couldn't have attracted Keita for example if they'd matched Liverpool's wages.

But spending £50M on Richarlison isn't the answer.
Report betting_masta July 23, 2018 4:21 PM BST
Racingqueen • July 22, 2018 8:01 PM BST
but you're paying above the odds. Midtable clubs should concentrate on developing youth and selling on. If I was a fan, I'd rather see players on their way up than has beens on their way down.

Problem with this is the armchair sky sports viewer doesn't want to see Jonni O 'Neill from Birkenhead playing for Liverpool when he could see Mohammad Salah
Report Can't Catch Me July 23, 2018 4:23 PM BST
Everton are setting new benchmarks for the rest of the league.

Sigurdsson at £45m last summer made every other big money buy look a bargain. And Richarlison is going to do the same this time around. Fair play to them.
Report betting_masta July 23, 2018 4:24 PM BST
football clubs should be run by the fans. transfers should be conducted by referendum, not some director of football with a blank cheque
Report mafeking July 23, 2018 4:36 PM BST
most fans would pay even more crazy prices for utter rubbish than the unaccountable directors of football
Report Injera July 23, 2018 5:11 PM BST
5 goals in 41 matches.

Silva of course brought him to Watford for £11.5m I think.
Report tobermory July 23, 2018 8:02 PM BST
Does Marco Silva have the same agent as Richarlison ?
Report Solano1 July 23, 2018 9:32 PM BST
This is really happening.
A new low in terms of setting benchmarks. Plain
Report GoBallistic July 23, 2018 9:43 PM BST
The way the transfer market is going he could be a complete flop and they'll still be able to sell him for 50m
Report mafeking July 23, 2018 9:43 PM BST
surely the first thing the chairman should say to silva is you paid £11M for him last year. what on earth has done to justify spending something like 4 times as much now ?
Report 1st time poster July 24, 2018 5:43 AM BST
if silva has a clever agent like arry,he,ll be on a cut of any future transfer fee Watford get for the player,nice little earner get a job at a club run by people with far more money than sense,and convince them to pay way over the odds for a player you may have signed previously for under the odds, ching,ching
Report GoBallistic July 24, 2018 10:36 AM BST
Normally the head coach at Watford would have absolutely no say in transfers so it would be a bit strange if Silva was on a percentage
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 24, 2018 10:46 AM BST
I'm going to go against the grain and say this might not be the worst move.

Most pundits had him near the top of the best-player-outside-top-6 (betting-without-Zaha) list last year and as long as there's a plan to integrate him into the team then he could be a good signing.

Lot of money but comparing him to Salah etc in terms of price is irrelevant imo. Game has jumped a level with the sales of Neymar and Coutinho and Salah was one of the all-time bargains now.

Issue for Everton is they need much more than just him. The defence is p!ss-poor. The midfield is no better than average and if Tosun doesn't become a 20 goal man they may struggle. If they're blowing the budget on one or two guys then they may still come up short.
Report Injera July 24, 2018 5:12 PM BST
Several years ago if you had 3 £25m players you had a great chance of a top 4 place.

£25m would buy you top quality.

Now, it's unclear what has to be paid for a high quality player. I don't think even £50m is any guarantee. £20m buys you a bog standard left back who can run quite fast.

It's possible this lad will score 12 goals and the pundits will say 'money well spent'.

Such is the dumbing down of expectations and ludicrous inflation.
Report 1st time poster July 24, 2018 7:23 PM BST
does this mean they've give up on their last multi million pound winger BOLASIE, LaughLaughLaugh, COULD BE WORSE COULD HAVE PAID 50 MILL FOR THE RETURN OF DEL BOY
Report 1st time poster July 24, 2018 7:24 PM BST
MAN UTD fans wish luke shaw could run quite fast,some would be happy to see him fit into his kit, LaughLaugh
Report The Dragon July 25, 2018 9:56 PM BST
you have to worry for Everton, no strategy m o consistancy , throwing money away on non provn purchases.  we shall see i suppose
Report The Dragon August 16, 2018 12:52 PM BST
2 goals first game nice start
Report n88uk August 16, 2018 2:35 PM BST
He also started nice last season, it's early yet.
Report The Dragon August 16, 2018 3:40 PM BST
indeed it is
Report DIE LINKE November 20, 2018 11:31 PM GMT
Some of the worst judges since Roland Freisler on this thread!
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 20, 2018 11:34 PM GMT
£50m on a player for 9th position Crazy
Report n88uk November 20, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
There was something on Talksport the other day about how much Everton had improved now and talking up the business they had done. You'd have thought they were in 4th place from the way they were talking.
Report scandanavian_haven November 20, 2018 11:46 PM GMT
Bit  too early stil to judge Richarlison, though he is a better bet up front than Tosun.

Cardiff on Saturday at home, then Liverpool away than Newcastle at home, how many goals would you expect from that?
Report mafeking November 21, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
they have improved obviously but it was from such a low base that wasn't difficult. 55-60 points is around par for everton. nothing to get too excited about and they've wasted a small fortune to get back to the minimum level they should be at
Report n88uk November 21, 2018 12:13 AM GMT
They've spent a load of money to at best get back to where they were before they spent a load of money Crazy.
Report n88uk November 21, 2018 12:17 AM GMT
Last year they finished 8th too after an absolutely abysmal start so there's not gonna be that much progress really.
Report scandanavian_haven November 21, 2018 12:18 AM GMT
ok I'll have a guess
v Cardiff - 1 goal
v Liverpool - 0 goals
v Newcastle -  0 goals.

Newcastle's defence looks a lot better lately.
Report charwell. November 21, 2018 10:24 AM GMT
He has ability no doubt. But he started like this last year for the Hornets. Let's see if he has matured and gains the consistency he needs to justify the hefty £50m price tag.

Must say with all the hyperbole from the Everton fans this season about the following players: Pickford, Mina, Digne, Bernard, Richarlison, Gomes; as well as their manager, you would think they are challenging for the title! Whilst they have undoubtedly improved the amount spent and their inability to challenge for a top 4 spot makes it all seem rather pointless.
Report miss.wales November 23, 2018 4:59 PM GMT
Just like Liverpool's inability to win anything (1 League Cup in 12 years) makes it all pointless too.

BTW how's the £60M goalie doing - any better than last season's pair of clowns?
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 23, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
Course he is. Massive improvement. Better than Mr Parry the Ball Into the Six Yard Box across the park by a stretch too (though, I think we're way past comparing Liverpool and Everton players now aren't we?)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com