Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:07
| Topic/replies: 55,133 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
How it used to be Love

Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report olddesperado May 8, 2022 12:27 AM BST
If united were a country Russia could invade and take us over in about 15 minutes.

Cowardly spineless bunch of cants.
Report olddesperado May 8, 2022 12:33 AM BST
In other news I believe one of our players poor form could be down to a blackmail sting involving a transsexual prostitute going on over a year.

Or he could be just sh1t no matter.

Probably the latter.
Report elise May 8, 2022 12:32 PM BST
they don't have a player worth keeping for whatever reason, the whole lot need getting rid of in the next 3 years
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 8, 2022 2:54 PM BST
Looks like Conference footie in Europe
next year
Laugh
Report duffy May 9, 2022 2:34 PM BST
Whilst the knockers are still desperate to come on here to have a laugh I know that all is right with the world Laugh
Report rommel May 9, 2022 3:20 PM BST
must say its a bit worrying that yerniited are this crap,i mean someone could do summat serious and address the situation in a meaningful way
Report grumpyjim May 10, 2022 4:36 AM BST
the latest drubbing says it all ... no excuses from my end . had to come took a bit longer to show up how bad it really is .. NON FOOTBALL  owners in for nothing ,no sign of leaving the gravy train chugs on . and on  ...   10 th year coming up .. the game is like a fruit stall owner    ..  his fruit arrives with some bad apples to throw away .. ours is  hard to bear now .. problems right to the core of our game .. Plenty to fix in the following years its a serious catch up   ,,JOB  . New Man  at helm will have to be outstanding strong man to restart this ..fallen  from grace  ,,,,,Football Club  ...........Glad seasons over and the trimming back begins soon as nothing to really to play for ..that is  a long time away ..   ONLY PLUS is ,,, we have the .. T SHIRTS .. AND SILVER  ..UNTAINTED ..  ? IF  ?  that is the best word for past Achievements .. Still top Drawer as  ....That Still ...  STANDS  ...a lot of work on the drawing board to Resurrect this  ..  GIANT  .. Still to play for ,with right people .. Restart new fresh sheet of Paper  ...NEW  IDEAS only  ,,,,REAL  RED DEVILS  need apply  for these Treasured SHIRTS  ..  ... Glazers please do your bit with new strong people all the way back to the  TEA LADY   . A Task you took on  ,,and so far  FAILURE LOOMS AT TOP OF THE LIST  ......You TOOK ON the TASK AS CUSTODIANS  .. IF not up to it then  .. SELL IT ON TO   .. A.N. OTHERS ..  CHEERS  ..  KEEP RONALDO   .. FOR A BIT STILL   .. We know what we have with him ..
Report knot in wood May 10, 2022 8:38 AM BST
you lucky west ham have 2 difficult games to play (man city home and brighton away) or you could end up in that europa conference cup/league or whatever it's called and that would be a disaster.

could still happen as a fair chance crystal palace(away) will turn you over last game and west ham might get 4 points.

would rather be in the eurovision song contest than that conference league(who thought up this rubbish)
Report rommel May 10, 2022 9:12 AM BST
that eurovision isnt a bad idea as -louis said theyre not really a footy club
Report rommel May 10, 2022 9:13 AM BST
you could have Rio,gary nev,keannno n scholesy
Report rommel May 10, 2022 9:21 AM BST
wereeeeeeeeeeeeeee the biggest club in the world because we say sowereeeeeeeeeeeeeee the biggest club in the word because weve said soand if we keep saying were the biggest club in dee werlllllld we'll believe ityou'll adam n eve itwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre da biggest club in deeeeee werldddddddddddddddwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre da biggest club in deeeeee werlddddddddddddddd
werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre da biggest club in deeeeee werlddddddddddddddd
werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre da biggest club in deeeeee werlddddddddddddddd
Report duffy May 10, 2022 5:14 PM BST
conference/league...who cares? both as bad as the other.

Neither would be preferable
Report cruso May 11, 2022 10:43 PM BST
Well done the youth team..
I think MUTV missed a trick..
Imagine the viewing figures if they had made the match free to air...
Especially as City were live on Sky at the same time..
Report Callisto-moon May 16, 2022 8:44 PM BST
still laughing yew utter plums!!
Report grumpyjim May 17, 2022 5:45 AM BST
new man installed at the helm already . is he the real deal ? ...give him a fair chance .  lot of work and start with a new  BROOM ,,,,he seems a decent spud   .SORT IT OUT .
Report duffy May 17, 2022 1:49 PM BST
It's a question as to whether he can go from a organization that is well run and streamlined with a clear focus on management and progression on the pitch.....to a total sh1t show.
Report grumpyjim May 18, 2022 6:07 AM BST
doubtful United can achieve anything for some time as all teams around top 10 have all done pretty well and made a bit of progress .. find it hard to make a case for club owners , who seldom see the big picture apart from watching T.V.  .. side run from other side of the pond  .Football Managers job is changing and too many people with a say in proceedings . Money has spoiled the Beautiful Game beyond repair .. Will watch the Chelsea Saga unfold .. unbelievable price to pay to get prefered bidder status .. Once again to be run by money men as a toy for investors  . on and on this runs with very little for your investment .. we cannot all achieve anything like what we wish for .. our local football side in the big picture .
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 22, 2022 8:50 PM BST
Fear for Ronnie
Europa footie
Thursday/Sunday
He wont have time for Instalgram
Laugh
Report Callisto-moon May 23, 2022 12:27 PM BST
still funny as feck!!
Report duffy May 23, 2022 3:11 PM BST
Our wonderful individual treble achievement safe for another yearCool
Report elise May 23, 2022 3:28 PM BST
how many years since they won anything?
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 23, 2022 3:44 PM BST
Only a day. They're all City fans now dontchano
Report 11kv May 23, 2022 7:45 PM BST
Eric and his security boys leaving the palace game not wanting to chat pmsl
Report HallGreenSpy May 23, 2022 8:35 PM BST
Might be wrong but Pool are the only team ever to play every game that is possible to play in a season. And we were the first team to do a treble. God willing, we will this season.
Report elise May 24, 2022 12:06 PM BST
charity shield they missed out on (leics v city) but will open the new season with the chance to hold all 3 domestic trophies
Report HallGreenSpy May 24, 2022 3:33 PM BST
BBC in reporting the truth shocker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/bbc-apologises-after-manchester-united-are-rubbish-appears-on-ticker-news-tennis
Report elise May 24, 2022 3:59 PM BST
i hope someone got that recorded
Report duffy May 24, 2022 4:37 PM BST
HallGreenSpy 23 May 22 20:35 
Might be wrong but Pool are the only team ever to play every game that is possible to play in a season. And we were the first team to do a treble. God willing, we will this season.

Not THE treble thoughGrin
Report HallGreenSpy May 24, 2022 4:47 PM BST
Was slightly different duffy Laugh
Report duffy May 24, 2022 5:45 PM BST
United fans got to cling on to any crumb of comfort going these daysCry
Report rommel May 24, 2022 6:05 PM BST
duff id give you pools white suits,bestie charlton law nobby steelez but theyr all pre prem so dont count
Report Callisto-moon May 25, 2022 5:42 PM BST
duffy
Date Joined: 28 Mar 03
Add contact | Send message
23 May 22 15:11Joined: 28 Mar 03 | Topic/replies: 25,431 | Blogger: duffy's blog
Our wonderful individual treble achievement safe for another yearCool

1999 ffs, too funny!!!

still laughing
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 29, 2022 2:40 PM BST
Ralf not staying
Pity
Laugh
Report grumpyjim May 30, 2022 10:40 PM BST
new man will learn to keep things tight .. HE ,,may well be hungry for success at United  .. as a club we have a load of work ahead for a team with confidence to sort out failures of the past 9 years .. it can be done from the position of strength the CLUB still has  ..Harder he can work them  ,,,All things kept in house ,,? better they will achieve . Team  work rate was poor . too many blaming each others  .. Keep it SIMPLE  ,, is the favourite word  ,,.a YEARS hard GRAFT  will put us back in the top mix .   Fortress   OLD TRAFFORD    rebuilding starts now ...
Report HallGreenSpy May 30, 2022 10:50 PM BST
Signings be interesting jim.
Report grumpyjim May 31, 2022 11:18 PM BST
a lot of new faces required . We often came close but is as good as wee have done in 9 years  ..RIGHT MAN CAN revive the club over 2  to 3 seasons .. GLAZERS must make it a point of no return for  POOR  .. performances .. strong handling no prisoners .. TAKEN  ...
Report duffy June 1, 2022 3:41 PM BST
Pogba gone...good start....few more hangers on to clear out before all the cr8p that actually gets on the pitch each week....got his work cut out.
Report elise June 1, 2022 6:34 PM BST
yep, only another 20 or so to dump
Report the_don June 1, 2022 6:53 PM BST
Report elise June 1, 2022 7:03 PM BST
and most of the coaching staff as well
Report the_don June 1, 2022 7:10 PM BST
The new manager has indeed got his work cut out - but he should have known and explained that before he agreed to the job. Make no mistake, there needs to be several signings to a) replace all those that are leaving and b) to upgrade in most areas of the team.

We have the money to make multiple purchases but do we have the nous and capabilities to do that (probably not) and will the Glazers fund anything more than a bid to return to the top 4 (almost definitely not). Other clubs have signed players already and we are nowhere near to anyone.

I hope that ten Hag will be ruthless rather than saying 'i can improve what's already here' but I can't see it happening. Only signing 2 or 3 players per season puts us in a never ending cycle of always needing to improve several areas of the team and squad. At the moment you could name 5 or 6 positions minimum where improvement is required and that's just on the pitch.
Report duffy June 2, 2022 3:52 PM BST
It's not linear, it's possible that 2 or 3 decent signings that work can improve the team exponentially.

Not expecting it by any means, just saying. Last season we came 2nd...go figure.
Report brentford June 3, 2022 6:02 PM BST
quite cathartic at least to see some big earning non contributors off the wage bill...

both players I have a lot of respect for but Cavani just too often injured this season (constant minor stuff and therefore rarely as sharp as he was the previous season and understandable at his age)

and Mata who I'm just not quite sure why he's still been at the club the last few seasons...certainly had his moments in a United shirt but never got close to the heights of his Chelsea career and just a largely pointless squad member on very decent pay in recent times...

would wish both well as good professionals unlike Pogba who must have a serious shout as laziest player to ever represent the club.
Report grumpyjim June 3, 2022 10:48 PM BST
no longer money driven  ,, more a player that wants to be in the red shirt as a proven chap who has been denied the big chance AT TOP LEVEL ...   ..they are about for sure ..Progressive  footballer .. and can see out 90 mins at top of his game .NO frills ability to show steady progress and can keep ball at his feet  and find and a Red Shirt that wants the ball  .. only team players should be considered and nothing go outside the FOUR SACRED  WALLS of the Changing room .   .. Imagine Mcguire has had to put up with likes of a world cup superstar ..  WHO only Rates himself .. and 5 times better redress for his efforts .. than most of the real .. RED DEVILS  ..  Onwards with the new MAN ...........Fans will get behind him through thick and thin till he gets the IDEA  what UNITED ARE ABOUT  ..
Report grumpyjim June 3, 2022 10:54 PM BST
Golden Goose will desert us soon if no improvement  .. unbelievable dross we have paid for over 9 long seasons .. steady ship going places to the top in 3 to 5 seasons ..NO IDEA  what S.A.F.  thinks but he is a hard act to follow .. BUT SOMEONE HAS TO FIT THE BILL  .. SOON ...
Report grumpyjim June 8, 2022 11:46 PM BST
very quiet at moment .. to be expected after the last Manager was clever enough to say GOODBYE .  I  am off .. little control and never managed to put a stamp on proceedings .. another sad ending with little to show for what was expected .. TOUGH to take prima donnas .... Super Stars  . TOO HIGH WAGES SET UP   .. HAS killed all the red devils  , in a red cocoon   ...not fit for purpose  ..NEW START has to be Priority .. FINGERS CROSSED  we can do much better in 22  .. 23 season .. Fans will get behind the new ....BOSS  that is only thing ,that we can be certain , will happen .
Report elise June 9, 2022 8:32 PM BST
all of the plastic wannabe's have changed name & swapped teams, will the real man utd fan please stand up - jim, respect
Report grumpyjim June 11, 2022 11:48 AM BST
good to hear from you   elise   .difficult the money we have to shuffle out to get players in the area .. ALL want to be in the London   ,, red buses Area ??

liverpool teams   ,,manchester sides and now Newcastle are in for large sums to land anyone decent  .MAYBE JUST MAYBE ..  Changes ahead with Companies support is heading downwards at last . GAZPROM    40 plus billions light .. is first of many .. to get the chop .. Watching with great interest ,  how the ball bounces soon ..ABOUT CHANGE  .
Report SirNorbertClarke June 16, 2022 6:51 PM BST
Pogba upset United only offered him £300,000 a weekExcitedLaugh

Sums up the problems United have with their players.
Report HallGreenSpy June 16, 2022 8:30 PM BST
Where have you been nobby? Good to have you back. Pogba an utter disgrace which I think all sides can agree on.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 16, 2022 9:12 PM BST
I went to Nice for my 90 EU days.

Think Pogba is a product of what United have become, loaded and desperate to win silverware. Only José had the balls to call him out and for his trouble he was sacked.

I'm hoping EtH can restore a work ethic where players learn that hard work is the only route to success. I think he has his work cut out.

I'm also looking forward to some academy players dislodging some of the old guard. I want to see players who really love the shirt.
Report HallGreenSpy June 16, 2022 9:18 PM BST
If I was United I couldn't disagree with any of that. He got rid of a lot of dead wood already.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 16, 2022 9:39 PM BST
I think this idea of academy players breaking through is always a sign of desperation though. Not taking the piss here, just always seems that way. Remember it with us pinning our hopes on Marsh, Hutchison and some lads who were a couple of grades below them. If the kids are good enough they'd be playing already but we've seen that Elanga isn't up to much and the fan favourite seems to be that lad with the hair who just goes round kicking people.

Better hope in having a manager that can coach and inspire the players to improve them and in owners who will put in place a long-term structure plan. Banking on the next Beckham and Giggs coming through is a touch unlikely really.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 16, 2022 9:53 PM BST
Tosh. Lots of managers just don't develop academy players. Elanga is a talented young lad in a struggling team, obviously he isn't going to rip up trees.

If Garner doesn't go back on loan he needs his chance. Hannibal, he needs his chance too.

I'd much rather United finishing 8th or 9th developing talent than 6th playing players who are only interested in their wage packets.
Report HallGreenSpy June 16, 2022 9:54 PM BST
I get that porc and most of em turn out to be not as good as thought or loaned out til they go on a free. I think Utd fans would have rather them last season though than the pros who pretended for the shirt.
Report HallGreenSpy June 16, 2022 9:54 PM BST
*As most
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 17, 2022 9:24 AM BST
I think a season or two of finishing 8th would soon see the fans turn and demand signings to improve the squad. It's just part of the cycle of failure that Utd are stuck in right now.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 17, 2022 9:30 AM BST
And the whole playing for the shirt. It's all bull. No-one plays for the shirt. They're off if they don't get a deal that matches their ego or someone else higher up the food chain shows an interest.

But it's also not important. Play for professional pride. Play for self-improvement. Play for the joy of winning games and tournaments. You think Elanga wouldn't go to Real or Bayern if they showed an interest? Wouldn't demand £300k per week out of "love of the shirt"?

Passion is overrated. Just be professional instead. There are times you want energy and fight but more often than not you need players with intelligence who can read a game, follow instructions and know where they need to be at the right time. That's what wins you the big things.
Report Callisto-moon June 17, 2022 12:33 PM BST
YEw are diminished in numbers here lol lol

wheres the gobby macari??

too funny how sheet yew are

keep it up
Report Callisto-moon June 17, 2022 12:37 PM BST
How much have you lost over the years on pogba???

muppet club
Report SirNorbertClarke June 17, 2022 2:21 PM BST
Callisto-moon I guess you know a lot about being a muppet. I'm sure you'll understand why it's necessary to block your troll face.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 17, 2022 10:27 PM BST
Watched the Pogmentary Sad All 5 episodes Cry Awwwe, poor Paul.

How on earth the powers that be at OT paid £250k a week for that immature entitled t0ssp0tt defies belief. I wouldn't have paid him £10 an hour to mop up the spills at Tescos.

He had no interest in United whatsoever. Only there for the wages.
Report the_don June 18, 2022 10:13 AM BST
Let's be honest, with all the hype surrounding his signing ('Pogback' etc), the Glazers would class him as a top signing. He scored in the Europa Final in his 1st season to help get us into the Champions League so that would have payed back a chunk of his transfer fee.

For all the times he showed glimpses of something, he never warranted having the team set up around him, which is what many said was needed to get the best out of him. Yes he wasn't always surrounded by the best players but a top player would have dragged them up in standard - not the other way round.

I've stated a few times that he should have left well before this time, pretty obvious since late last year he was going yet no obvious plan to replace him, or the likes of Matic, Lingard, Mata etc. Pretty sure the likes of van de Beek (jury is still out on him), Garner (not ready imo) and Pereira (not up to standard) will be masqueraded as 'new signings'. Our midfield in particular is threadbare and as it stands we are looking at mid-table.
Report Callisto-moon June 18, 2022 5:44 PM BST
THE PAIN IS STRONG IN NORBERT!!!
Report duffy June 21, 2022 2:59 PM BST
Why doesn't ETH walk up and down Manchester city centre wearing a sandwich board with "anyone fancy a game" painted on itCry
Report olddesperado June 21, 2022 5:06 PM BST
I'd like us to sign someone too Duffy , in fact I think we probably need about 6 to be even competitive but having said that I'd rather we sign no one than over pay on transfers and wages just to force a deal.

Tbh I'd walk away from the FDJ deal as he doesn't really want to come and in the words of Arnold "doesn't that ring a bell".

For all Ralfs faults he was bang on on the type of player we should be targeting in someone who we would be a step up for and hungry to improve once we don't over pay him.

If we don't get the players we need in I'd rather let ten hag work with what we have for a year to see if he can eke out any improvement in some of them to make them more sellable and make us a more attractive destination for incoming players.

Having said all that in some window we are going to have to splurge and get in half a dozen because one two or three a year is always just playing catch up.
Report olddesperado June 21, 2022 5:13 PM BST
Fwiw I liked what I seen from Arnold in that video.

I have an open mind on whether it was staged or not but either way he does seem to realise the mistakes that were made,  the reality of what we can do now and how everyone feels about it.

He's a massive improvement on Woodward who I blame more than anyone even the owners on where we are now.
Other than Munich he was probably the biggest disaster to befall the club.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 12:45 PM BST
As usual there is a lot of bollox being written about players United want to sign.

No one knows how any of the first team squad will adapt to EtH's playing method. Some big names might no adapt and some academy players might shine.

One thing is certain though the players who can't adapt will have to be shifted even if it is expensive.
Report brentford June 24, 2022 12:57 PM BST
Ryan Kent linked in one publication...decent enough player but the kind of signing you make if you're looking for a top 12 finish (imo)

transfer bulls*** must be an incredibly lucrative business these days...
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 1:45 PM BST
United start preseason training on Monday 27th June but players involved in internationals this summer are being given extra time off. The pick of the academy will make up the numbers.

If I was Harry Maguire I'd be there 1st thing Monday!

Ryan Kent???? If we haven't got 2 wingers better than Ryan in our academy then it needs shutting down.
Report duffy June 24, 2022 2:22 PM BST
We need Clark Kent
Report the_don June 25, 2022 9:16 AM BST
7th - mid table finish as it stands with this squad. Can see us signing 2 players plus a reserve/3rd keeper to replace Henderson with the likes of Garner, van de Beek, Martial masqueraded as new signings. It's nowhere near enough.

De Jong is a good player and will obviously benefit from working with ten Hag again but he isn't the defensive/deep midfielder that we've needed for years. More about Barca's finances will be clear at the end of June and things might move quickly then but there should be the ability to concentrate on more than one player at the same time.

As mentioned, academy players should supplement a strong squad, not be relied upon to be consistent starters. The class of 92, plus Giggs was a one off. Of the current top Premier League clubs, only Foden, Alexander Arnold, Reece James and maybe Mount would be classed as first XI and they've all been around for 3 or 4 years now.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 25, 2022 9:38 AM BST
It's impossible to say where we will finish this year. EtH has a particular style of play in mind and he won't be abandoning it if it doesn't suit Shaw & AWB or Rashford & Sancho so it could be a very bumpy season.

The academy players over 20 need serious game time. If they have no chance of getting any 1st team starts or places on the bench then they should be loaned out or released. We shouldn't have players in their mid 20s with 'potential'.

I'm really looking forward to the season Happy
Report elise June 25, 2022 9:38 AM BST
7th - mid table finish as it stands with this squad .... ten hag might be well named
Report 11kv June 25, 2022 2:11 PM BST
Poor ole Norbert still living the dream pmsl
Report brentford June 25, 2022 2:17 PM BST
They're supposedly trying to move Wan Bissaka on...clubs not exactly cueing up for him as Utd try and minimise the loss they take on him.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2022 3:53 PM BST
Utter crap him. But he's not budging from his bumper contract unless it gets paid up.
Report elise June 25, 2022 4:12 PM BST
how can any club be that badly run?
Report Kardman June 25, 2022 7:40 PM BST
United have one target next season & that’s to get to 40 pts & I’m not joking. They are the next  Everton in waiting.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 25, 2022 9:32 PM BST
Funny how no matter how bad things are at OT the sad muppets from down the other end of east lancs are completely obsessed with all things United.

As bad as Liverpool backing Suarez for his racist comments to Evra? That badly run?
Report duffy June 26, 2022 5:20 AM BST
Gillette and HicksLaugh
Report duffy June 26, 2022 5:24 AM BST
elise 25 Jun 22 16:12 

Easy

Within months of their arrival the club was riddled with debt, disunity and back-stabbing. Gillett and Hicks swiftly fell out with each other and left a trail of broken promises in their wake.

“It soon became clear that they had very different philosophies on how the club should be run,” Parry said. “One was hands off, the other hands on; one courted publicity, the other didn’t.”

By 2008 Gillett wanted out but was helpless as Hicks had power of veto over his 50% share. When Sheikh Mansour reignited his interest in buying the club and offered £500m, Hicks dismissed it as derisory. It would be a costly mistake.

Initially money was invested in the squad as Rafa Benitez signed the likes of Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano, politely turning down Gillett’s offer to get him “Snoogy Doogy” as well as “whoever we get in the draft”.
Money was spent on signing Fernando Torres in 2007

But it was the banks’ money and as the world recession wrecked any hopes of borrowing more to build a new stadium and £30million per year went on paying interest on the debts, the cash dried up and Benitez’s calls across the Atlantic went unanswered.

Washing the club’s dirty linen in public became a regular occurrence with nothing more sickening than Hicks’ PR stunt at home in Dallas with a Sky TV crew.

Clutching his Liverpool mug, watching the side in action on a big screen with his kids around him in club merchandise, he demanded the resignation of chief executive Rick Parry. With Gillett refusing to agree to Hicks’ request, Parry battled on before deciding to walk away in February 2009.

“My position became untenable,” he said. “The structure we had was dysfunctional and something had to give.”
Champions League winner out, Danish league winner in

Royal Bank of Scotland played a key role in the subsequent appointment of Christian Purslow as managing director and his brief was to raise £100million of investment to pay down the loans.

However, Benitez and Purslow were soon at war with the manager complaining of being undermined and he was fuming that the cost of new contracts for players was coming out of a dwindling transfer kitty.

In May 2009 Liverpool finished second in the Premier League. Twelve months later they were seventh and Benitez was on his way out of Anfield.

Just how far the club had fallen was underlined by the fact they swapped a Champions League and La Liga winning manager for Roy Hodgson, whose last honour had been the Danish title a decade earlier. The idea that he was a safe pair of hands to guide the club through some tough times was brutally exposed.

Read More
Report SirNorbertClarke June 26, 2022 8:38 AM BST
Thanks duffy for that summery Laugh
Report elise June 26, 2022 2:35 PM BST
know what the glazers have done, doesn't really answer how they employ people or run the club so badly within the framework that they have to make money right now? the current transfer window, interm & manager appointment etc, all shambolic with regard to the way they structure, plan, communicate and finance, the whole set up is being run on the back of the brand rather than the way it actually works, they will kill your club
Report SirNorbertClarke June 26, 2022 5:15 PM BST
Are you honestly telling us FSG aren't trying to build a brand so they can boost the club's income?

The Glazers have massively boosted non matchday and non TV income. That is where they take their cut from and judging buy the money spent on transfers and wages it doesn't starve the 1st team of money.

Do you honestly think FSG wouldn't take a dividend if they were as financially astute as the Glazers have been?
Report elise June 26, 2022 7:10 PM BST
im saying they are inept at running a club and are milking the brand, at some point the brand will be fcked
Report SirNorbertClarke June 26, 2022 7:39 PM BST
I agree as the owners the buck for what the company does stops with the .

Where does the buck stop for the support Suarez got when he racially abused Evra? IIRC there was a lot of support from fans.
Report maleuk01. June 26, 2022 9:26 PM BST
Didn't Cavani use the exact same word as Suarez did a few years later?

Thats not a real question. The answer is yes he did.

What did Man Utd do about it?
Report SirNorbertClarke June 27, 2022 10:08 AM BST
Whataboutary.

Fact is when Suarez used a racist word Liverpool fans were tripping over themselves to defend him. t-shirts, protests and demands for an apology. All the usual 'pool stuff.
Report maleuk01. June 27, 2022 6:49 PM BST
You haven't mentioned when Cavani use the same word after Suarez!

So Suarez is guilty and Cavani brushed under the carpet? Even Cavani defended himself saying it isn't a racist term in their part of the world.

Think you need to get a grip and a life Norbet.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 27, 2022 7:51 PM BST
Cavani accepted very quickly the word was racist as far as the UK was concerned.

Liverpool FC produced t-shirts to support Suarez's use of the work and their fans also backed the word's use.

That's the difference.
Report maleuk01. June 27, 2022 8:10 PM BST
Stange you didnt mention Cavani's use of the word originally then.

Didn't Evra repeatedly call people the N word?

Videos all over you tube/internet.

You are barking up the wrong tree here. Making yourself look rather sad and pathetic in the meantime.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 27, 2022 11:30 PM BST
You think?

Thought I was highlighting LFC's and their fans historical racism but I guess you know best.
Report Emitdeb June 28, 2022 5:22 AM BST
From an outsiders point of view.. maleuk01, seems to be ripping you a new one Norbet... Plain I'd give it up.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 28, 2022 9:12 AM BST
If I was being ripped a new one why has maleuk01 no argument to defend Liverpool FC and their fans support of racism?
Report duffy June 28, 2022 4:39 PM BST
From an outsiders point of view it seems that Norbert is defending Evra and maleuk01 is trying to defend an absolute pr1ck so Norbert wins by default.
Report maleuk01. June 28, 2022 5:46 PM BST
It isn't a question of supporting racism.

The fact is when Suarez used that word he had no intention of racial overtones as the word is commonly used in South America with no indication of racism. Therefore to vilify someone of racism in that instance is purely un-justified and is simply being used to bash Suarez, Liverpool and their fans.

This was further highlighted when Cavani used the same word a few years later. Obviously he hadn't learnt from the previous incident. Man Utd fans did not give him any abuse, even though the word had been highlighted years earlier, showing the real reason certain Man Utd fans criticised Suarez.

Furthermore the main protagonist Evra had used the more severe N word when describing certain Chelsea players, again freely available to see on You Tube. Yet i see no criticism of Evra by yourself Nobby Nobet. Which is surprising as you obviously get upset by the use of the word.

This shows your real reason for mentioning it has nothing to do with racism but a cheap shot at Suarez and the Liverpool fans.

In the process it makes you come across as narrow minded and a rather sad and pathetic individual.
Report SirNorbertClarke June 28, 2022 7:19 PM BST
There you go again trying to justify racism. My advice to you is stop digging.
Report Callisto-moon June 29, 2022 12:57 PM BST
forget the arguing all enjoy the shambles at man u, all the plastic fans on here done a runner to buy arsenalshirts and forget the united support.

too funny, top 4 is the aim, probably safer to aim to be Manchesters secondary club, run along mugs.
Report duffy June 29, 2022 2:39 PM BST
As long as the United haters still feel compelled to post on here then all is well with the worldGrin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com