Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 19:07
| Topic/replies: 55,133 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
How it used to be Love

Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report Emitdeb September 25, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Cant be Ollies fault! he didn't take the penalty!  Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke September 25, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Spend £73m on one of Europe's best right wingers, play him on the left a few times then drop him.

What a farce.
Report Rider September 25, 2021 3:13 PM BST
another penalty farce, no one will criticise ronnie because they are not allowed to but when the pen was given why's he hovering over the ball wanting to take it (pogba had to push him away), surely they decided who was on pens before the game, this only added pressure to fernandes, ok so ronnie gets the next one which is good for his goal tally but united lost a point today

that said imo ronnie should take the pen, brunos record is great but they have been taken at a time when he's the man, he's not any more and that means extra pressure, i think this is the first pen he's missed the target, mentally he wasnt composed at all
Report bobweenit September 25, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Boils down to a weak manager, the pen taker should be decided beofre the match and their should be no discussion on the pitch
Report Rider September 25, 2021 3:53 PM BST
ogs was asked this in a post match interview and he said the penalty taker was decided before the match
Report elisjohn September 25, 2021 4:15 PM BST
last time this happened, ole said it was up to the players on the pitch, agree very weak manager
Report elisjohn September 25, 2021 4:20 PM BST
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-explains-p...
Report Rider September 25, 2021 4:24 PM BST
42 secs in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8nz-ou3WI
Report the_don September 25, 2021 4:26 PM BST
The penalty was poor, Bruno the right man to take it imo but their keeper has a good penalty record and maybe that made him go for extra power.

Villa played well, maybe we deserved a draw but another game with no real direction to our play. Unfortunate with injuries to Shaw and Maguire which limited our sub options, but again I thought both were below par and caught out in the 1st half.

Playing it around at the back has its place but not today when it's what Villa wanted and obviously planned for. Whenever we went forward or switched it more directly we had acres of space. A game suited to our counter attacking style and I really think the likes of Sancho and Lingard would have been more suited than some that played. A similar player (Greenwood) was consistently our brightest spark and biggest threat.

Overall it's a similar story this season, probably the best collection of players we've had in a few years but that's what they are - not a team. Ole has built the squad and morale from the low point it was under Mourinho but now it's time to get the best out of them and he's not close to doing that at the moment.
Report Rider September 25, 2021 4:54 PM BST
from the Tactical Times  on twitter:

No usual swagger from Bruno. No step in his run up. Just hit as hard as possible. Uncomfortable and unfamiliar.

Very clever by Martinez to play on the idea that Ronaldo should be taking them. Puts a lot of pressure on top of a really pressurised situation. Psychological warfare.
Report rothko September 25, 2021 7:34 PM BST
i agree with Lou dont blame the manager he has nothing to do with results like this
Report grumpyjim September 25, 2021 11:08 PM BST
missed todays game today  .at LAS PALMAS  .  watching players on 400 K a YEAR   EUROS .. ?...   ?... ....  280  Euros  O,A,P, .Season Ticket   IN  the Stand out of the SUN .. ... ...lovely jubbly ...   they have 4 maybe 5 real ball players they turn twist all types of moves .and it is wonderful ..  win 2   ,,1 ..  ..PEPI MELL  Manager .. sacked by West Bromwich Albion    ..  Still on the manager roundabout .. ??  What's not to like // no stress .. of 8 years plus .. at Fortress O .T . Theatre Of Dreams .. All Best Managers   have bit the  ........DUST .   Jury  be  out ..... re OLLY  .. Referees are very inconsistent .. but you get used to it  ..its the job very few want to be in .. Man in Black .. allsorts of different suits now .. didnt improve them one bit .. Beautiful  Game  ? .........it sure is .. ENJOY  .
Report lurka September 26, 2021 1:13 AM BST
The manager has nothing to do with McFred still starting CM after 3 years in the job? Laugh

The guy doesn't have a clue. All forwards and defenders with this mug.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 26, 2021 8:50 AM BST
We just shouldn't be losing to teams like Villa. OGS has had his chance. The club has bought the players he wanted and still we are no where near good enough to challenge for silverware.

OGS must go.
Report cruso September 26, 2021 9:43 AM BST
Bearing in mind his performances for Portugal I wonder if Bruno is intimidated by the presence of Ronaldo.
He is no longer the main man and when taking the penalty, the future consequences more than the immediate one may have played on his mind.
All in all it was an awful team performance all through the match.
No top team should be losing goals from corners and our weakness in defending set pieces is there for all to see.
Who is responsible for the defensive coaching..?
The next two home games this week could wreck our season if things dont sharply improve...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 1:47 PM BST
STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW .................. STILL WAITING

Brentford

I am totally serious.

I've asked this question many times AND NOBODY CAN EVER ANSWER ME they just remain silent.  Here goes AGAIN:

If the manager is so important then how come England have had EIGHTEEN different managers since 1966 and all have failed to win anything.  Do you keep blaming the manager  ............... or the eleven players who are actually kicking the ball on the pitch?  Do you try a 19th manager, then a 20th etc but still refuse to admit to the fact that obviously our Eleven players aren't as good as those from Germany, France, Argentina, Brazil etc etc etc etc?

If there were a company and over 55 years had tried EIGHTEEN different managers to get that company to be successful but they all failed then wouldn't you agree that the product is simply not good enough so no doubt the firm would be closed down?

Here's another:

If the manager is so important are you telling me that if Sir Alex or Pep took over Doncaster Rovers they would win every league then the Champions League ....................... or do you think there's a teeny weeny chance that their players wouldn't be good enough?

Here's another:

If my team Manchester United could pick VVD, De Bruyne, Son, Kante, Lewandowski, Salah they would be a better team?  Of course they would but we can't pick them as they don't play for United!

ffs can't you see it??

Look at the team Zidane took over at Madrid............. do you think you and I could pick that lot and they'd still win every week?
Report rommel September 26, 2021 1:56 PM BST
LOUUUU GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 2:01 PM BST
STILL WAITING ............................

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 26, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke September 26, 2021 2:45 PM BST
LOU, the manager should pick the team based on ability not on shirt sales or ongoing contract negotiations.

Sancho and Lingard should have started yesterday instead of Ronaldo and Pogba.
Report layingisthewayforward September 26, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Villa fan here who was at the game yesterday, we played you off the park.  F@ck knows how OGS ever got that gig.
Report layingisthewayforward September 26, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Oh and Lou Macari doesn't half talk some sh1te, must be on the wind up?
Report olddesperado September 26, 2021 2:59 PM BST
As I said last week we will continue to drop points when we shouldn't and we will never be in total control of games other than the occasional big win when things go for us early.

It's quiet clear this formation doesn't work or suit the players at his disposal and will never be successful.
I doubt he has it in him to change but he will have to or he's gone.

You can have all the attacking players in the world but if you haven't got a plan to get the ball to them in decent positions it's pointless.

With what we have or haven't got to pick from he has to try a 3 man midfield now to try get some  control of games and the ball.

Our players are all spread out all over the place as it is and it puts too much pressure on the person in possession to find someone and we are over loaded out of possession.

And it's not just a matter of sticking names in there he has to get the balance right or it's pointless.
For me he needs a sitter (matic) a terrier (fred/mctom) and a ball player (pogba/bruno).
You can then play two strikers ahead of Bruno or play two wide forwards either side of Ronnie.
Either way it means leaving out some very big names but he has to try get a balance to the team.

It's a total mess that they just don't seem aware of but he may try something soon.
I might add either he's very stubborn or he is getting badly let down by Carrick and McKenna who are meant to be coaching these players to play to this system.

Ole thinks we played well yesterday pointing to 60% possession a missed penalty and a goal he thinks shouldn't have stood ffs.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 3:53 PM BST
STILL WAITING ............................

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

See what I mean.  No one can answer against what I said because facts and common sense make them know I'm right.

You REALLY think after EIGHTEEN different managers then another manager would suddenly make that 'Company' work?  Really?

And you REALLY think that if you or I reading this were to pick the Real Madrid players that Zidane had at his disposal they all of a sudden would finish mid table, down at the bottom even?  Really?
Report Emitdeb September 26, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Nobody's answered because the question is infantile / ridiculous ... hth.
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:05 PM BST
do you recall how Utd were doing before SAF arrived and how they did after Lou ?
Report the_don September 26, 2021 4:08 PM BST
Lou.

Loads of examples of managers making a difference, ironically including Zidane who you keep mentioning! Chelsea last year also could not really be more of a clear example.

Your questions were answered ages ago by at least 2 or 3 people but you've chose to ignore that. I'm not bothering looking back to bring those posts up as it's almost definitely a waste of time. The fact that nobody is backing you up but plenty are disagreeing should really be an eye-opener.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:09 PM BST
STILL WAITING ...................................

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

PMSL

The Sound of Silence eh!
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Maybe you should block everyone Lou, I doubt there's a football fan/follower alive who doesn't believe in the importance of a decent manager well suited to the role he is in...and it's ability to change things...anyway good luck with your crusade...who know in 10 years when all the top sides are playing without a manger or with blokes from the pub in charge  we'll look back at this thread and see you as footballing visionary...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:21 PM BST
Brentford

Yes all very well .................... but what about answering my questions???

STILL WAITING ...........................
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:26 PM BST
in relation to England they've rarely had a team good enough (if ever) so I'm not sure what your point is tbh... United have been amongst the biggest spenders in world football and have a very high calibre squad on the back of recent additions

with Madrid they probably wouldn't have been as low as mid table but I think you underestimate how even a team like that might struggle without a credible manager...anyway probably best to agree to disagree otherwise the thread becomes a bit silly which would be a shame for a long running club thread...
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 26, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Brentford is probably the best example!

Their performance against us was 99% based on tactics, smart set piece routines and plans on how to bypass VVD and create overloads.

But no. The players just magically did them, and it's really the fault of Salah for missing that chip.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:42 PM BST
brentford

So you agree then having tried EIGHTEEN different managers that the England team PLAYERS just haven't been good enough .......... that's exactly what I'm saying!!

Still disagree with the Madrid thing though.  With those players you can I could write their names on the team sheet, they know what position they play and how to play it so they'd STIll be at the top or thereabouts.

But thanks for being at least reasonable in your reply so that's something.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:43 PM BST
STILL WAITING ........................

SSSSSHHHHH!!!!
Report cruso September 26, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Italy have had 18 managers since 1966 and have won 2 WC & 2 Euros..
So its working for them
Report lurka September 26, 2021 8:48 PM BST
International managers can't go out and sign the best players in the world. The Man United manager can. He's been in the job 3 years and still has a midfield pivot of McFred. If the players aren't good enough it's his fault.
Report Emitdeb September 26, 2021 8:48 PM BST
Have another drink while you're still waiting... silly old sot
Report rothko September 26, 2021 9:12 PM BST
seriously mean what I've said many times if eleven of us from this forum packed the defence I honestly think a team would struggle to get through us

PTB has agreed to come out of retirement and play in nets - he's agreed to be paid in kebabs

good example today of a manager getting it wrong. Cant remember Poch starting a big away game with Kane, Lucas. Deli and Son starting together
Report Corky September 26, 2021 10:36 PM BST
When I saw the result I thought Villa's done a smash and grab here, well done. But now I've seen the highlights it wasn't like that at all. Villa should have been two up MINIMUM at half time.

What I really came here to find out though is how Mike Dean has not been sacked over the most horrific display of spinelessness I have seen in 50 years of watching football.

To be fair to Ole, I don't think even Barcelona in their heyday could have coped with THAT Villa display. IMO
Report The Dragon September 26, 2021 10:51 PM BST
yup villa looked good and walloped everton 3-0 keep your eye on em
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 11:36 PM BST
STILL WAITING PMSL!

Read my questions again below:

1.  About the EIGHTEEN ENGLAND MANAGERS ................. do you think it may just be the players!!

2.  Fergie takes over Northampton Town and they become Champions League winners do they ................. or do you get a sneeky feeling their players may just not be good enough!!

3.  If any manager could pick VVD, Salah, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Kante, Mbappe, Messi, do you get a funny feeling the team may be better as they are better players!!  Hmmm only teeny weeny trouble is .............. they don't play for Man Utd so the manager CAN'T PICK THEM.  He therefore has to pick from what we have including the acqusitions he has made.  For all we know some of them MAY have not been his choices.  Thank God the shockingly bad Dan James has gone, absolute rubbish.  Of course I was saying it all along.  Stick with me lads you won't go far wrong.

4.  If any one of us reading this took over at Real Madrid (Zidane was only chosen as he was good player, never managed a league playing team before) do you think we could have picked the team?  What and they suddenly wouldn't be top or second in the league?  Really???

STILL WAITING .........................
Report lurka September 27, 2021 12:14 AM BST
Will you stop posting that shíte. We heard you the first time.

If the players aren't good enough, particularly that midfield pivot, that is the manager's fault. He hasn't just taken over, he's there 3 years, hasn't bought a decent midfielder and still has McFred starting most weeks. He thinks that's good enough. It's not.

The best players don't always win at international level. International level is a ridiculous comparison to the manager of the biggest club in the world who can go out and spend as much as City/PSG and get nearly any player he wants. International managers can't do any of that.

The likes of VVD, Salah, de Bruyne weren't top PL players until they played under Pep and Klopp. Salah and de Bruyne were PL flops under Mourinho. Has the penny dropped yet? The manager is the most important signing a club can make. Klopp and Pep make every player look better because they are light years ahead of Van Gaal, Mourinho, OGS etc etc. OGS is all forwards and defenders, play on the counter-attack like Fergie. Park the bus against him and he's totally stumped. No plan B, no game changing subs. But it's all down to the players? Quit talking shíte FFS.
Report smirnoff2therescue September 27, 2021 1:01 AM BST
LOU YOU ARE CRINGE SON DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ENGLISH

the troof of this thread is tat you plastics think you hav a givn to roll ovaa team like AVC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZMhot1wU0

Welcome to the real wold son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZMhot1wU0
Report smirnoff2therescue September 27, 2021 1:02 AM BST
and nee wonder ya get pelters on ere son - ya deluded LaughLaughLaugh
Report duffy September 27, 2021 2:08 AM BST
Lou,

If you truly believe in the theory that the manager is basically pointless, which you only seem to trot out after United have had a bad result by the way, why is it that you appear to contradict this belief after United have had a good result where you seem very keen to credit Ole by ridiculing the notion of sacking him when you state.....OGS out PMSLLaugh?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 27, 2021 7:29 AM BST
duffy

I do it because I'm sticking up for him when so many on here are of the 'Olly Out' brigade when as I keep saying and have proved because I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED the manager has very little to do with it.  Get bettr players you have better team FACT.

STILL WAITING EVERYONE, STILL WAITING AND STILL NO ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS CLEARLY SHOWN BELOW

SSSSHHHHHH

PMSL The whole forum silenced.
Report PLACEWISE September 27, 2021 9:57 AM BST
Lou how do you explain the dramatic improvement in Italy’s national team since they changed managers how do you explain Liverpool going thirty years without winning the league then winning it how you explain Leicester winning the league

There’s always much more to winning than having the best players as for United they have under this manager spent £279,519,300  THSTS an average of 31 million on every player

He’s signed arguably the worlds best player the worlds most expensive defender and yes if he’s not responsible for players missing chances or making mistakes then he’s not responsible for players goals or success u can’t pick n choose what you take responsibility  as a manager you are responsible for the whole club and it’s success and failure

Can u honestly say right now you have progressed under this manager in his three years in charge can u say under this manager any of his. Signings have got better or has he improved any of the players he inherited
Report duffy September 27, 2021 2:48 PM BST
Lou,

During Fergie's time in charge when United were dominant and winning many titles and trophies, when you was discussing all this with your mates, when the subject got on to Fergie's involvement, did you say that people shouldn't get carried away and that, in fact any manager would have won the same 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, and two UEFA Champions League titles if they were in charge of United at that time.

In fact, by your way of thinking, if Ole was in charge through that period, United would have still enjoyed the same success because the manager is inconsequential
Report olddesperado September 27, 2021 3:40 PM BST
You have the patience of a saint Duffy, Grin
Report elisjohn September 30, 2021 8:38 AM BST
big match revisited today 5.55, action from xmas 1979, utd v forest.
was that the match utd lost 4-1 and then on boxing day went up to goodison and won 6-2
Report olddesperado September 30, 2021 8:39 AM BST
Even though I know it's hurting us long term I haven't got as much enjoyment from a goal in a long time.
Cavani is class and needs a bigger role whatever way he fits him in .

I thought we looked much more coherent going forward but it was probably at the cost of giving up all those chances.

I feel sorry for Dalot who looks an excellent passer and gave us some drive on that side.
The lad that was on him was very strong and direct and Greenwood offered him no help either.

I'd love to see him get a few more chances against weaker teams both to give him confidence and improve us going forward on that side.
Report olddesperado September 30, 2021 8:44 AM BST
I remember the boxing day 6-2 but can't for the life of me remember the 4-1 elisejohn.
Report rommel September 30, 2021 8:46 AM BST
Olly's a fkn magician(avail' for childrens parties, barmitzvahs, pet funerals)
Report olddesperado September 30, 2021 8:51 AM BST
Laugh  he does seem to have a knack of pulling rabbits out of hats when he really needs it  doesn't he.
Report rommel September 30, 2021 9:00 AM BST
od hes a plate spinner,just that first plate to smash....
Report duffy September 30, 2021 1:37 PM BST
He's an escapologist, his lives are fast extinguishing now though
Report elisjohn September 30, 2021 7:33 PM BST
there you are olddesperado
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIs0yFvHFk

it was the sat before goodison i think it was 4-0 and forest were brilliant, i was in the stretford end that day
Report HallGreenSpy September 30, 2021 8:32 PM BST
I wanna know what lou thinks after being played off the park and winning 2-1. Must've been managers subs. As for Robbie Savage ffs, only thing Ronaldo done all game and it's all about him. What a pr1ck Savage is. Btw, some thought the Villa goal was offside at the weekend. What goes around comes around. Jesse was lying in front of the keeper, who either way should have saved it. Ole's reign has been and still is incredible.
Report rommel September 30, 2021 9:53 PM BST
whatever Ole's getting paid it isnt enough
Report lurka October 1, 2021 12:04 AM BST
Lingard didn't impede the keeper or obstruct his view. If anything he made it easier for the keeper by covering the far part of the goal and the shot thru the keeper's legs. If the shot had touched him it would have been offside, which made it harder again for Ronaldo.
Report rothko October 1, 2021 11:29 AM BST
Great subs by Ole - he is a footballing genius
Report duffy October 2, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Look on the bright side Ole, if the lad hadn't squared it and shot himself, we'd have got beatCrazy
Report rommel October 2, 2021 6:21 PM BST

Oct 2, 2021 -- 11:49AM, duffy wrote:

Look on the bright side Ole, if the lad hadn't squared it and shot himself, we'd have got beat

thats called management that duff,Olly set the trap,poor sap just walked right in

Report olddesperado October 2, 2021 10:04 PM BST
I know he has a smiley disposition but ole must have some self awareness and realise smiling and laughing in the last minute of injury time when we are defending and dropping more points at home is not a good look.

When you look at the hurt in Bruno and Ronaldo going off and then watch ole high fiveing around you have to feel there's trouble ahead.

I just don't think we can continue with him in charge.

Also the sight of McKenna giving instructions to a disinterested Ronnie as he was coming on was a bit almost surreal.
Report olddesperado October 2, 2021 10:11 PM BST
Ole is like the Midas touch in reverse now.

Get the best player in the world handed to him and it fecks him up.

He is normally lambasted for late subs when we are playing badly and losing and today he makes early one's when we are winning and in a degree of control and it all goes pear shaped.

Taking off Cavani was madness and we were dreadful without his presence and harrying up front.

Pogba doesn't look a happy bunny either.
Report olddesperado October 2, 2021 10:15 PM BST
And why decide to break the habit of a lifetime and make changes for a league game when there's an international break coming up.

I think he did the same last season against Leicester in the cup.

He just seems to do the opposite of what a normal manager would do.
Report olddesperado October 2, 2021 10:26 PM BST
His remarks about not needing sulkers when questioned about dvb were crass because if anyone has a right to be pissed off it's Donny these last 18 months of being screwe d.

And all the moaning about early kick off and off side etc leaves me feeling the end is starting to play out now.

It's starting to feel like a moyes or mourhino moment about it although I doubt the board are interested in sacking him the outside pressure or senior player pressure  might force their hand.
Report cruso October 3, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Ole blames the equalizer on the the defence...
¬We conceded from a corner that we had and there were still four players behind the ball and we should have dealt with it. That was the same case against Villereal``
So as I keep saying... Who is doing the coaching ?
Report Emitdeb October 3, 2021 3:11 PM BST
I often watch and wonder, What would Fergie do here?

olddesperado

I know he has a smiley disposition but ole must have some self awareness and realise smiling and laughing in the last minute of injury time when we are defending and dropping more points at home is not a good look.

One thing is certain... Not this.
Report duffy October 3, 2021 6:17 PM BST
The protests last season did actually, I believe get to the owners with all the concern from sponsors etc, they found manna from heaven to placate many with the delivering of Ronaldo.

The one thing that we have to remember through all this though is that performance on the pitch is in itself not a concern for the owners which is why Ole has the job in the first place, the playing side is the front for the real business going on out the back, so they just need a stooge out front to do as he's told and not ask questions.

Only when the negativity from the playing side spills over and jeopardizes the dollar will they do anything, that's why vocal unrest and otherwise in and about the stadium is now needed again to provide that negativity and force their hand to appoint a manager qualified to do the job even if that means they would be put under more pressure by him.

I really think now that Ole is on the final stretch but what the owners may do is think that they can have a shot to nothing by giving him that horrible run of fixtures after the International break first and by design protect a new guy from them and also give them a chance to keep Ole if he somehow manages to pull off one of his escapology acts.

None of us want to criticise Ole, but him being removed will be the best thing for the club and him.
Report fred c dobs October 3, 2021 6:34 PM BST
If olly loves the club that much,out of common decency he should Resign.regards Fred.
Report Emitdeb October 3, 2021 6:59 PM BST
£5 million a year contract! The guy's not insane.. Laugh
Report olddesperado October 3, 2021 8:16 PM BST
I believe he's on 10 million Emitdeb.
Report olddesperado October 3, 2021 8:17 PM BST
He was on 500k a year at molde when we approached him.
Report olddesperado October 3, 2021 8:21 PM BST
New improved contract signed this summer despite all the doubts about his suitability and no other fecker even remotely interested in poaching him.
Report rommel October 3, 2021 8:54 PM BST
must be a few out there wanna poach him od...flambe him grill him
Report 11kv October 4, 2021 8:59 PM BST
Not sure what Utd fans expect clubs been in a spiral for years,going to be a long road back to the top and Ole is just the starting point.
Report Capt__F October 4, 2021 9:03 PM BST
Phealan signs extension

superb
Report olddesperado October 4, 2021 9:10 PM BST
Laugh
Report cruso October 5, 2021 12:00 AM BST
Need a win before the international break... Horrendous fixture list coming up when we return in 2 weeks time..
Oh yes, I`ll leave 3 players on the bench who earn £1 million a week between them ..
A world cup winner who has the most assists in Europe this season..
A player  we have pursued for year & just paid £72 Million for..
A 5 time Ballon d`Or winner who has scored 5 from 5 since returning..
Having dropped Ronaldo ( crazy ) to bring him on when we were winning and remove the workrate of Cavani was even more crazy.
I am concerned about what could happen over the next month ...........
Report grumpyjim October 6, 2021 7:13 AM BST
many people  claiming the return of Ronaldo .? EVEN MR ED  .. who leaves soon .
Report duffy October 6, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Most important thing to remember when we complain that Ole isn't up to the job is that we are coming at it from the performance on the pitch viewpoint but from the owners point of view success on the pitch is not a necessity, all Ole needs to do is counter the many downs with a few ups to provide the status quo and that is all that is required.

Where it may well go wrong this time is that he's had a down in one of the up slots and the horrendous run of fixtures after the break will see the pressure crank up and unrest return which puts him in jeopardy.

What should have happened on Ronaldo's return rather than the rose petals being thrown paving his way is for those in the stadium letting the owners know that it changes nothing.

Ironically though, in an effort to appease the fans and give the merch a healthy bump they have actually hastened something that they don't want to face because Ronaldo in the dressing room will speed up Ole's departure and it's already started.
Report rommel October 6, 2021 6:50 PM BST
worrying signs of the ronny boy toy launch already,standing over the pen-putting bruno off,the flouncy walk off
Report rommel October 6, 2021 7:04 PM BST
if i wuz Olly and i'd borrowed a pair i'd have fined the lipstick one 2 weeks wages for that(the pen circus)
Report rommel October 8, 2021 7:53 PM BST
Manchester United
Glazers’ heritage-hawking risks making Manchester United a 90s theme park
Barney Ronay
Report rommel October 8, 2021 7:54 PM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/glazers-heritage-hawking-ma...
Report sofaking October 8, 2021 8:52 PM BST

Oct 6, 2021 -- 12:50PM, rommel wrote:

worrying signs of the ronny boy toy launch already,standing over the pen-putting bruno off,the flouncy walk off

You ridiculed me a few weeks ago when I said that Ronnie would be a disruptive force at Man U and that he'd attempt to overrule Ole as manager. You appear to have changed your tune eh.

Report rommel October 8, 2021 10:23 PM BST
no sof i never doubted for a second that he'd be disruptive,it was your suggestion that he'd be  picking the fff team
Report sofaking October 8, 2021 10:31 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 4:23PM, rommel wrote:

no sof i never doubted for a second that he'd be disruptive,it was your suggestion that he'd be

Report smirnoff2therescue October 9, 2021 1:24 AM BST
deffo one of the "elite" that originally objected to the toon takeova LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report smirnoff2therescue October 9, 2021 1:25 AM BST
it will all come out in the wash as it always does WinkWinkWink
Report 11kv October 12, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Utd v Liverpool 1980 now on ITV 4
Report tony2914 October 16, 2021 7:43 PM BST
its time .... we aint progressing .......sorry ole ,great loyal player but you have took it as far as you can.
Report The Dragon October 16, 2021 8:00 PM BST
a club on a downward spiral for sure
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 16, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Please keep Ole another week. Watching both teams today, Liverpool should be 3 goal favourites next week.

Your midfield is just average and now you've got Ronny just hanging around and doing no work. Don't often think Liverpool are overpriced but right now they're great value for next Sunday.
Report Racingqueen October 16, 2021 10:55 PM BST
when is Luke Shaw joining weight watchers?
Report olddesperado October 16, 2021 11:59 PM BST
Absolutely shocking again today.

Once again we make the opposition look like prime Barcelona.

We are so disorganised and easy to play against it's laughable.

Ole just never learns.
He always plays half fit big names rather than trust his squad.
It's not fair on the player involved or his understudy.

His reading of games borders on insanity,   he thought Maguire started slowly today but got into the game and improved as it went on.   No he didn't. He was absolute crap throughout.

Trying Pogba and matic again ,  I'm not sure how many times he needs to see those together to realise it doesn't work.
And I thought matic played quiet well considering he was isolated.
Report olddesperado October 17, 2021 12:07 AM BST
440 million spent in 3 years and we have no style or system of playing still.

It's incompetence of the highest order.

Rodgers just confirming what every one knows , ,"we knew united wouldn't press us through the centre".

Any team playing us now know that and pressing Maguire on the ball draws a mistake most of the time and has us on the back foot immediately.

Our plan on the other hand  consists of de gea saving and someone up front pulling a worldy occasionally.
Report olddesperado October 17, 2021 12:12 AM BST
Ronaldo has thrown us so much out of kilter it's insane but he will never be dropped.

We are an undoubted better team with Cavani but he will never be picked in front of Ronaldo again due to marketing forces.

Any team with Pogba Ronaldo sancho and Greenwood not pressing or tackling haven't a hope.
Report olddesperado October 17, 2021 12:16 AM BST
I watched MOTD tonight and for the first time since he became manager I feel ole told the truth other than attempt to spin his excuse.  ,(other than Maguire of course ).

He said something is not right and needs to change, something has to give.

At least it's refreshing to hear he recognises it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com