Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 19:07
| Topic/replies: 55,133 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
How it used to be Love

Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report olddesperado September 20, 2021 10:37 PM BST
That was Jones said that,

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 20, 2021 10:38 PM BST
I don't eat pot noodle, I drink them Happy
Report SirNorbertClarke September 20, 2021 10:38 PM BST
I don't eat pot noodle, I drink them Happy
Report HallGreenSpy September 20, 2021 11:20 PM BST
Ah. Didn't think Jones was retired yet. Poor form either way.
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 5:33 AM BST
He's not retired yet.
Think he's just rubbing it in his life is sorted no matter what .

As you say poor form to say that to people who never had the chance or maybe the capabilities to improve their life while possibly  helping to fund his .

I didn't have much time for him before this but ive even less now.
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 5:45 AM BST
He won the lottery the day Alex Ferguson signed him for united because had he gone anywhere else he'd be on the scrap heap by now.
Absolutely no other club would have given him the contracts united did when never playing through injury and form.

Anywhere else he'd have been released years ago probably forced to sign a pay as you play deal at a 2nd or 3rd tier club where let's face it would be about his level whenever fit.

The man has not stolen a living he's literally stolen a fortune through his "career".
Report rommel September 21, 2021 6:24 AM BST
jeez od,as fans were much too harsh-all of us,some players have a hard road and the sh** they get must really hit home,every club has had players for whom it never really worked out,ever,maybe they didnt realise the potential that people thought..others through injury,personal demons etc
Report rommel September 21, 2021 6:30 AM BST
,,dont blame jones for lashing out at all,after all he didnt name anyone so its water off a ducks back and i bet some of em are exactly as he described
Report rommel September 21, 2021 6:37 AM BST
family friends cousin was a pro(name escapes me at the mo)with one of the sheff clubs,all his nieces/nephews thought he was crap,fkn pro playing in the top flight,big house big car,everything,set for life...but no glamour,not at a top club....
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 6:42 AM BST
I know that but to talk about the people that help fund his exorbitant  wages that way rankles.

I had a friend (dead now ) that went over to OT 3 times a year , scrimped and saved probably went without at certain times to save enough for train plane taxi hotel food match ticket plane and train again home.
In know from experience it's around 500 quid a time .

So for Jones to be labelling the fans that pay his wages this way is disgusting tbh.

I'm sure most players think this way about the fans but they don't have to rub their noses in it .
Report rommel September 21, 2021 6:53 AM BST
yep,its a good point
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 6:56 AM BST
Maybe it's age or maybe it's just me but more and more I'm getting sick of the game and it's participants.
Was a time I would be over twice a year myself,  I've thankfully stopped that since 2010.

In the pub for every game for atmosphere,  stopped that.

Never miss a game at home on tv, stopped that, I still see most of them but I'm not pushed if I can't make one now.

The next step will probably be to ditch the sports package and that will be that then.
Report rommel September 21, 2021 7:33 AM BST
the game has gotten away from us and maybe were not a good judge of its velocity,the latest instalment really should make us pause,nation states rinsing their reputation...
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 21, 2021 8:08 AM BST
To be honest I'm more on Jones's side on this. I get the "fans pay a small fortune to support the club" but let's not mistake that for any kind of "we pay your wages" nonsense. Just isn't the case any more. And the fact is, with the advent of social media the players all see and hear what the fans are saying about them. Given the vast majority of those views are that he's crap, lazy, stealing a living etc and that probably jarrs against his own experience of how hard he's always had to work to get fit again after injuries only to break down again. All very well saying he's set for life. But as a young man he was being compared to Duncan Edwards. Seems a lifetime ago now, but Utd had to fend off Liverpool for his signature. He was the hottest property in the game. Someone who could be an all time great, sure to win 100 caps etc etc. Imagine how bittersweet it must be in his boots knowing that wasn't fulfilled and having fans, without any knowledge of his sacrifices and struggles, calling him out for it. Dunno man, I'd be hiring a plane over OT telling them to f*ck off.
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 8:21 AM BST
You see theres the thing, if he put it across like that he would have garnered a lot of support and maybe a bit of sympathy.

To basically call the fans lower life  plebs just makes him out to be a pr1ck.
Report rommel September 21, 2021 8:24 AM BST

Sep 21, 2021 -- 2:08AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

To be honest I'm more on Jones's side on this. I get the "fans pay a small fortune to support the club" but let's not mistake that for any kind of "we pay your wages" nonsense. Just isn't the case any more. And the fact is, with the advent of social media the players all see and hear what the fans are saying about them. Given the vast majority of those views are that he's crap, lazy, stealing a living etc and that probably jarrs against his own experience of how hard he's always had to work to get fit again after injuries only to break down again. All very well saying he's set for life. But as a young man he was being compared to Duncan Edwards. Seems a lifetime ago now, but Utd had to fend off Liverpool for his signature. He was the hottest property in the game. Someone who could be an all time great, sure to win 100 caps etc etc. Imagine how bittersweet it must be in his boots knowing that wasn't fulfilled and having fans, without any knowledge of his sacrifices and struggles, calling him out for it. Dunno man, I'd be hiring a plane over OT telling them to f*ck off.

good post pop

Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 8:24 AM BST
And I hate to be pedantic bit they do pay his wages.

Maybe not in gate receipts anymore but the whole thing would crumble without sports subscribers.
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 21, 2021 8:28 AM BST
I think he called the trolls that rather than general fans OD
Report rommel September 21, 2021 8:40 AM BST
od what do you thin of CR so far?
Report rommel September 21, 2021 8:40 AM BST
think*
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 8:47 AM BST
I've been pleasantly impressed .
I didn't think he was as mobile these days but maybe it's new club adrenaline.

I was apprehensive enough about the whole signing tbh but he might lift standards for a while and be a short term success but at what cost.

Greenwood and sancho will suffer I would think and it's hard to see Rashford and martial getting much game time either.

And the two lads loaned out Amad and Pellestri can forget it for the next few years.
Report olddesperado September 21, 2021 8:53 AM BST
Aren't we all trolls to an extent though.

Who hasn't whinged about someone not putting in the effort or not up to the level required etc.

Where the line between questioning, criticising trolling etc.
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 21, 2021 8:59 AM BST
I think that's the point OD. If people are thinking that they're the trolls then his message is to have a look in the mirror and think about how their words affect the player. No amount of money stops you feeling pain when so called fans call you all that. If suddenly those same people are crying their leg off because he has a pop back about them eating pot noodles then - again - the message couldn't be much clearer could it.
Report REDROB September 22, 2021 7:10 PM BST
Phil Jones on bench. Courtesy of Rio.
Report olddesperado September 22, 2021 9:53 PM BST
Decent performance I thought.

Moved it well and tried hard .

Bailly, Dalot , matic and Dvb all played well .

Dalot in particular is much more a united type fullback than AWB.

Martial's confidence is shot and it doesn't help when your not a big trier.

A decent goal scorer and we would have won that.
Report olddesperado September 22, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Again a definite penalty on lingard and I'd love to see the keeper taking out Bailly again because it looked a clear foul to me as well.
Report the_don September 22, 2021 10:12 PM BST
West Ham much better for the first 10, deserved a lead and then defended well, we struggled with that final pass to create clear chances. Agree that Matic and Dalot probably the best performers, Martial not good. You could see the quality and threat when Greenwood came on.

Lots of changes and first starts in months for some possible reasons for the slow start. Of course West Ham made lots of changes too. Hopefully the rest will benefit those who feature on Saturday - Villa look to be playing well so a tough test.
Report cruso September 22, 2021 10:24 PM BST
So thats three straight defeats in three different cup competitions..
( Ok last week may not have been a knockout but it could prove to be..)
Best Utd player for me was Henderson.
Ole all smiles at the end...maybe he foresaw the draw...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 22, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Frustrating night again, the same old story when a team packs the defence and you just can't get through them.  Someone sticks out a leg, a last desperate sliding tackle, balls into the area with 10 defenders there to head it away.  I seriously mean what I've said many times if eleven of us from this forum packed the defence I honestly think a team would struggle to get through us.  Bar the last few minutes when United were pushing everyone up west Ham had that one shot then defended for the whole game pretty much.  Very frustrating.

I thought the defence did ok as hardly anything to do.  Matic in midfield did well again and DVB at least had a go.  Sancho a fraction better too but still showing very little.  Mata is just too slow and too small he should be moved on.

Up front Martial once again doing very little though I do feel for him a bit when you are a Centre Forward in the middle against at least two defenders and the ball barely comes in the first place.  What can he do?

Bruno tried a few things but most didn't come off.  Greenwood looked really good and came close ........... but there's always a defender there to stop him.

So all in all not very good at all but I do feel for them a bit having to get past these teams who park the bus.

Have to say though I'm a bit worried for Saturday as surely the same thing will happen again.  Villa just defend in numbers and will United get through them?  I'm not so sure but fingers crossed.
Report rommel September 22, 2021 11:34 PM BST
youre doing ok boys stick with Ole he'll come good,you know he will
Report Emitdeb September 23, 2021 12:15 AM BST
If your Manchester United and you're playing Villa at home, You're not crossing your fingers for a result! FFS!! Crazy

"We started slowly" How many times has this manager said that? Pathetic!

18 minutes to go, take off Lingard (playing well and looking most dangerous player on the pitch) leave on van de Beek !?!?

Let's not blame Ole though.. It's not his fault.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 23, 2021 8:12 AM BST
It just ain't good enough.
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 9:02 AM BST
Ole's big problem now is he has no options to give minutes to such a big squad.

Last nights defeat rules out that competition and the defeat to young boys means he has no leeway in the CL either.

He can probably change a midfielder here or there but the front 4 will be tied up with Pogba Bruno and Ronnie leaving only one place to rotate and with Greenwood cavani sancho rashford lingard and martial fighting for those few minutes there going to be a lot of unhappy players around.

He will probably try get around this by trying Pogba back in the midfield 2 again but this has never worked and never will but it won't stop him trying it to placate the players above.

Overall though after three years in charge the main problems still exist mainly an over reliance on big moments from big players,  no cohesive style of play,  failure to control games and constant slow starts that ole always says we started slowly for some reason we may look into that but he never does.

I don't think we get out of the CL group tbh and will continue to drop off in the league as we can't keep pulling rabbits out of hats like we have so far.

He won't get sacked though as there's enough quality players there to keep us top 4 or 5 so it's another wasted frustrated season imo.
Report rommel September 23, 2021 9:10 AM BST
OGS;he needs choppping now, another few games and the title challenge will be irretrievable,same with CL
Report rothko September 23, 2021 10:16 AM BST
seriously mean what I've said many times if eleven of us from this forum packed the defence I honestly think a team would struggle to get through us

comedy gold LaughLaughLaugh clueless

good post old

squad is massive and not sure why a few werent moved on Mata, Matic, Martial etc- its stunting the development of the young players. Greenwood has world cup aspirations but will get limited time. Rashford will be the same when fit

can see it becoming a pretty disunited squad
Report HallGreenSpy September 23, 2021 10:26 AM BST
I don't think we get out of the CL group tbh

I'd be amazed if you didn't oldd tbh. Winning your home games should suffice.

Really good point though with regards how some of this large squad get game time now. FA Cup don't kick in til January.
Report rommel September 23, 2021 10:45 AM BST
shoot this doon as is...the glaring thing about Ole.his subs,doesnt know who take off/put on and when,game after game it highlights what a factor in a game it can be
Report rothko September 23, 2021 10:59 AM BST
when the subs are about keeping players happy then you have a major problem
Report rommel September 23, 2021 11:04 AM BST
yep,good point
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 11:17 AM BST
I think the decision to play that team last night was right in the circumstances he has found or got himself into with the bloated squad but the subs do highlight a big problem.

Greenwood for Mata was fair enough , it probably should have been martial but I understand why he wanted to leave him on but it defies logic the way he then set up.

The seriously under performing martial was left as the striker when he's clearly better on the left and sancho who was signed as our saviour on the right was left under performing on the left.
Greenwood our best striker available was introduced on the right.

It's baffling the incompetence of it all .

And Elanga was brought on purely to be able to say he gave minutes to a youth team prospect.
And to ask him to play left wingback a further mystery.
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 11:23 AM BST
There are clips going around of ole in discussions and huddles with all and various members of the coaching staff from the 53 minute on.

The result of these pow wows is ole going back to stare blankly at the game again with no decision made as to tweak of tactic or sub.

It could almost be a Harry Enfield sketch.
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 11:25 AM BST
We could try ...nah,  maybe we could try... nah or we could.. nah.
Tell you what let's leave it as it is.    Ok.
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 11:50 AM BST
Could do a father Ted sketch when their all in the huddle,

We could try...nah  , or we could.. nah ,  maybe if we ..nah
What if we say another mass ole.
Report HallGreenSpy September 23, 2021 12:16 PM BST
It's his liccle telly that gets me Laugh
Report PLACEWISE September 23, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Think it’s a panic sonic
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Apparently ole told Norwegian t.v. that sancho and Dvb tried hard but lacked quality.

That's hardly going to help 2 players struggling for confidence.
Report layingisthewayforward September 23, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Lou Macari

if eleven of us from this forum packed the defence I honestly think a team would struggle to get through us.

This is a good one even for a total loon.
Report duffy September 23, 2021 5:39 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B 22 Sep 21 21:43 
I seriously mean what I've said many times if eleven of us from this forum packed the defence I honestly think a team would struggle to get through us.

And back in the dressing room after we've been ripped apart he'd be saying, don't worry Ole, it's not your fault.Silly
Report olddesperado September 23, 2021 5:58 PM BST
I can imagine the posts here.

Oldde gives away a penalty , ole's fault
Duffy scores an own goal , ole's fault I suppose
Sirnorbert falls over himself, ole's fault
Cruso gets sent off , yep ole's fault
Rommel falls over a smiley, yep ole's fault.

See what I mean.

5 1/2 out 10.
Report duffy September 23, 2021 6:01 PM BST
Rommel falls over a smiley, yep ole's fault.

He's a Liverpool fan, he'd be banging in Own goals by the hatfulWink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 23, 2021 7:03 PM BST
Thing is I truly believe that if Eleven guys from here who were fit and could play a bit would make a good job of keeping out a team.  Pack the penalty box with Eleven defenders and whilst of course these top teams would score I think it wouldn't be as easy as you think.

West Ham did it last night (obviously they're not to be compared with an Eleven from here!) and many teams did it last year to United.  I remarked on the Liverpool thread last season too that (I think from memory it was) Fulham, Brighton, Burnley? that did the same to them.  Liverpool have a fabulous forward line but they just couldn't get through.  Shame so many games are played like this.
Report HallGreenSpy September 23, 2021 7:09 PM BST
Blimeys lou. A few prem teams can and have done it. Many have failed and you seriously think 11 of us could?? Blimeys, come on!!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 23, 2021 7:19 PM BST
HGS

Obvipously I don't think Eleven from here would hold out.  All I'm saying is it's not as easy as we may think to break through.

I watch all of the United games and whilst we're far from a good team it happens time and again that these teams park the bus and United just can't get through.  I think they had about 30 shots the other night for instance.

I highlighted Liverpool too as they are a good team with a great forward line and they sometimes struggle too as I highlighted last season.

Just a shame so many games are like that IMO.  We c an all see who the better team is yet the other lot play with Eleven defenders, hope for a draw and may even nick it.
Report HallGreenSpy September 23, 2021 7:28 PM BST
I agree it's frustrating and not a good watch at times but it has to be some teams game plan to try and get something. Arguably, last few seasons have seen teams take a bit more of an attacking approach. Uniteds home form last couple of seasons might back this up.
Report HallGreenSpy September 23, 2021 7:34 PM BST
Btw, haven't heard from grumpyjim for a while on here as well as others mentioned a while ago. Hope all is well. Come to think of it. Where has pushkin been on the pool thread??
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 23, 2021 8:38 PM BST
HGS

Oh I can see why teams do it as they don't want to go 'toe to toe' with the likes of City, Liverpool, United but just hard to watch I think and almost unfair that they even get a draw let alone win.

Oh well hopefully United will find a way this Saturday though I'm not so sure.

Cheers
Report rommel September 23, 2021 9:21 PM BST
sad rumours coming out of OT,seems a lot of the youngsters are getting sick of Ole saying "lift that trouser leg son and i'll point to the spot"
Report rommel September 23, 2021 9:36 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughface it ya cant wack 'em
Report duffy September 24, 2021 3:45 PM BST
HallGreenSpy 23 Sep 21 18:34 
Where has pushkin been on the pool thread??

Yep, haven't seen him for a while, themover is another one that seems to have disappeared.
Report brentford September 24, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Can never decide if Lou is just on the wind up or a bit eccentric in outlook  ... a United thread belittling the importance of a good manager...couldn't make it up surely ?  Plain
Report Emitdeb September 24, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Lives in a council flat in south London, that needs a good airing..

Never been to Scotland but calls himself Scottish..

Never been within a hundred miles of Manchester..

I decided ages ago... Grade A Donk...
Report elise September 24, 2021 5:08 PM BST
a utd mouthpiece but not from manchester, who'd have thought?
Report rommel September 24, 2021 6:58 PM BST
all i glean from LOU is you dont really need to know anything about footy to be a manager and you dont need to play the game to be a footballer
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 25, 2021 6:30 AM BST
Brentford

I am totally serious.

I've asked this question many times AND NOBODY CAN EVER ANSWER ME they just remain silent.  Here goes AGAIN:

If the manager is so important then how come England have had EIGHTEEN different managers since 1966 and all have failed to win anything.  Do you keep blaming the manager  ............... or the eleven players who are actually kicking the ball on the pitch?  Do you try a 19th manager, then a 20th etc but still refuse to admit to the fact that obviously our Eleven players aren't as good as those from Germany, France, Argentina, Brazil etc etc etc etc?

If there were a company and over 55 years had tried EIGHTEEN different managers to get that company to be successful but they all failed then wouldn't you agree that the product is simply not good enough so no doubt the firm would be closed down?

Here's another:

If the manager is so important are you telling me that if Sir Alex or Pep took over Doncaster Rovers they would win every league then the Champions League ....................... or do you think there's a teeny weeny chance that their players wouldn't be good enough?

Here's another:

If my team Manchester United could pick VVD, De Bruyne, Son, Kante, Lewandowski, Salah they would be a better team?  Of course they would but we can't pick them as they don't play for United!

ffs can't you see it??

Look at the team Zidane took over at Madrid............. do you think you and I could pick that lot and they'd still win every week?
Report duffy September 25, 2021 2:27 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B 19 Sep 21 19:25 

7.  OGS out eh! ............................. PMSL

Laugh
Report lurka September 25, 2021 2:39 PM BST
If Sir Alex in his prime or Pep took over this Man U squad are you telling me they'd be this bad? Do you think they'd be starting McFred in midfield after 3 years?

Of course they wouldn't. They'd be challenging for leagues and CLs.
Report Emitdeb September 25, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Cant be Ollies fault! he didn't take the penalty!  Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke September 25, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Spend £73m on one of Europe's best right wingers, play him on the left a few times then drop him.

What a farce.
Report Rider September 25, 2021 3:13 PM BST
another penalty farce, no one will criticise ronnie because they are not allowed to but when the pen was given why's he hovering over the ball wanting to take it (pogba had to push him away), surely they decided who was on pens before the game, this only added pressure to fernandes, ok so ronnie gets the next one which is good for his goal tally but united lost a point today

that said imo ronnie should take the pen, brunos record is great but they have been taken at a time when he's the man, he's not any more and that means extra pressure, i think this is the first pen he's missed the target, mentally he wasnt composed at all
Report bobweenit September 25, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Boils down to a weak manager, the pen taker should be decided beofre the match and their should be no discussion on the pitch
Report Rider September 25, 2021 3:53 PM BST
ogs was asked this in a post match interview and he said the penalty taker was decided before the match
Report elisjohn September 25, 2021 4:15 PM BST
last time this happened, ole said it was up to the players on the pitch, agree very weak manager
Report elisjohn September 25, 2021 4:20 PM BST
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-explains-p...
Report Rider September 25, 2021 4:24 PM BST
42 secs in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8nz-ou3WI
Report the_don September 25, 2021 4:26 PM BST
The penalty was poor, Bruno the right man to take it imo but their keeper has a good penalty record and maybe that made him go for extra power.

Villa played well, maybe we deserved a draw but another game with no real direction to our play. Unfortunate with injuries to Shaw and Maguire which limited our sub options, but again I thought both were below par and caught out in the 1st half.

Playing it around at the back has its place but not today when it's what Villa wanted and obviously planned for. Whenever we went forward or switched it more directly we had acres of space. A game suited to our counter attacking style and I really think the likes of Sancho and Lingard would have been more suited than some that played. A similar player (Greenwood) was consistently our brightest spark and biggest threat.

Overall it's a similar story this season, probably the best collection of players we've had in a few years but that's what they are - not a team. Ole has built the squad and morale from the low point it was under Mourinho but now it's time to get the best out of them and he's not close to doing that at the moment.
Report Rider September 25, 2021 4:54 PM BST
from the Tactical Times  on twitter:

No usual swagger from Bruno. No step in his run up. Just hit as hard as possible. Uncomfortable and unfamiliar.

Very clever by Martinez to play on the idea that Ronaldo should be taking them. Puts a lot of pressure on top of a really pressurised situation. Psychological warfare.
Report rothko September 25, 2021 7:34 PM BST
i agree with Lou dont blame the manager he has nothing to do with results like this
Report grumpyjim September 25, 2021 11:08 PM BST
missed todays game today  .at LAS PALMAS  .  watching players on 400 K a YEAR   EUROS .. ?...   ?... ....  280  Euros  O,A,P, .Season Ticket   IN  the Stand out of the SUN .. ... ...lovely jubbly ...   they have 4 maybe 5 real ball players they turn twist all types of moves .and it is wonderful ..  win 2   ,,1 ..  ..PEPI MELL  Manager .. sacked by West Bromwich Albion    ..  Still on the manager roundabout .. ??  What's not to like // no stress .. of 8 years plus .. at Fortress O .T . Theatre Of Dreams .. All Best Managers   have bit the  ........DUST .   Jury  be  out ..... re OLLY  .. Referees are very inconsistent .. but you get used to it  ..its the job very few want to be in .. Man in Black .. allsorts of different suits now .. didnt improve them one bit .. Beautiful  Game  ? .........it sure is .. ENJOY  .
Report lurka September 26, 2021 1:13 AM BST
The manager has nothing to do with McFred still starting CM after 3 years in the job? Laugh

The guy doesn't have a clue. All forwards and defenders with this mug.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 26, 2021 8:50 AM BST
We just shouldn't be losing to teams like Villa. OGS has had his chance. The club has bought the players he wanted and still we are no where near good enough to challenge for silverware.

OGS must go.
Report cruso September 26, 2021 9:43 AM BST
Bearing in mind his performances for Portugal I wonder if Bruno is intimidated by the presence of Ronaldo.
He is no longer the main man and when taking the penalty, the future consequences more than the immediate one may have played on his mind.
All in all it was an awful team performance all through the match.
No top team should be losing goals from corners and our weakness in defending set pieces is there for all to see.
Who is responsible for the defensive coaching..?
The next two home games this week could wreck our season if things dont sharply improve...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 1:47 PM BST
STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW .................. STILL WAITING

Brentford

I am totally serious.

I've asked this question many times AND NOBODY CAN EVER ANSWER ME they just remain silent.  Here goes AGAIN:

If the manager is so important then how come England have had EIGHTEEN different managers since 1966 and all have failed to win anything.  Do you keep blaming the manager  ............... or the eleven players who are actually kicking the ball on the pitch?  Do you try a 19th manager, then a 20th etc but still refuse to admit to the fact that obviously our Eleven players aren't as good as those from Germany, France, Argentina, Brazil etc etc etc etc?

If there were a company and over 55 years had tried EIGHTEEN different managers to get that company to be successful but they all failed then wouldn't you agree that the product is simply not good enough so no doubt the firm would be closed down?

Here's another:

If the manager is so important are you telling me that if Sir Alex or Pep took over Doncaster Rovers they would win every league then the Champions League ....................... or do you think there's a teeny weeny chance that their players wouldn't be good enough?

Here's another:

If my team Manchester United could pick VVD, De Bruyne, Son, Kante, Lewandowski, Salah they would be a better team?  Of course they would but we can't pick them as they don't play for United!

ffs can't you see it??

Look at the team Zidane took over at Madrid............. do you think you and I could pick that lot and they'd still win every week?
Report rommel September 26, 2021 1:56 PM BST
LOUUUU GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 2:01 PM BST
STILL WAITING ............................

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 26, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke September 26, 2021 2:45 PM BST
LOU, the manager should pick the team based on ability not on shirt sales or ongoing contract negotiations.

Sancho and Lingard should have started yesterday instead of Ronaldo and Pogba.
Report layingisthewayforward September 26, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Villa fan here who was at the game yesterday, we played you off the park.  F@ck knows how OGS ever got that gig.
Report layingisthewayforward September 26, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Oh and Lou Macari doesn't half talk some sh1te, must be on the wind up?
Report olddesperado September 26, 2021 2:59 PM BST
As I said last week we will continue to drop points when we shouldn't and we will never be in total control of games other than the occasional big win when things go for us early.

It's quiet clear this formation doesn't work or suit the players at his disposal and will never be successful.
I doubt he has it in him to change but he will have to or he's gone.

You can have all the attacking players in the world but if you haven't got a plan to get the ball to them in decent positions it's pointless.

With what we have or haven't got to pick from he has to try a 3 man midfield now to try get some  control of games and the ball.

Our players are all spread out all over the place as it is and it puts too much pressure on the person in possession to find someone and we are over loaded out of possession.

And it's not just a matter of sticking names in there he has to get the balance right or it's pointless.
For me he needs a sitter (matic) a terrier (fred/mctom) and a ball player (pogba/bruno).
You can then play two strikers ahead of Bruno or play two wide forwards either side of Ronnie.
Either way it means leaving out some very big names but he has to try get a balance to the team.

It's a total mess that they just don't seem aware of but he may try something soon.
I might add either he's very stubborn or he is getting badly let down by Carrick and McKenna who are meant to be coaching these players to play to this system.

Ole thinks we played well yesterday pointing to 60% possession a missed penalty and a goal he thinks shouldn't have stood ffs.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 3:53 PM BST
STILL WAITING ............................

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

See what I mean.  No one can answer against what I said because facts and common sense make them know I'm right.

You REALLY think after EIGHTEEN different managers then another manager would suddenly make that 'Company' work?  Really?

And you REALLY think that if you or I reading this were to pick the Real Madrid players that Zidane had at his disposal they all of a sudden would finish mid table, down at the bottom even?  Really?
Report Emitdeb September 26, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Nobody's answered because the question is infantile / ridiculous ... hth.
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:05 PM BST
do you recall how Utd were doing before SAF arrived and how they did after Lou ?
Report the_don September 26, 2021 4:08 PM BST
Lou.

Loads of examples of managers making a difference, ironically including Zidane who you keep mentioning! Chelsea last year also could not really be more of a clear example.

Your questions were answered ages ago by at least 2 or 3 people but you've chose to ignore that. I'm not bothering looking back to bring those posts up as it's almost definitely a waste of time. The fact that nobody is backing you up but plenty are disagreeing should really be an eye-opener.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:09 PM BST
STILL WAITING ...................................

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

PMSL

The Sound of Silence eh!
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Maybe you should block everyone Lou, I doubt there's a football fan/follower alive who doesn't believe in the importance of a decent manager well suited to the role he is in...and it's ability to change things...anyway good luck with your crusade...who know in 10 years when all the top sides are playing without a manger or with blokes from the pub in charge  we'll look back at this thread and see you as footballing visionary...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:21 PM BST
Brentford

Yes all very well .................... but what about answering my questions???

STILL WAITING ...........................
Report brentford September 26, 2021 4:26 PM BST
in relation to England they've rarely had a team good enough (if ever) so I'm not sure what your point is tbh... United have been amongst the biggest spenders in world football and have a very high calibre squad on the back of recent additions

with Madrid they probably wouldn't have been as low as mid table but I think you underestimate how even a team like that might struggle without a credible manager...anyway probably best to agree to disagree otherwise the thread becomes a bit silly which would be a shame for a long running club thread...
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 26, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Brentford is probably the best example!

Their performance against us was 99% based on tactics, smart set piece routines and plans on how to bypass VVD and create overloads.

But no. The players just magically did them, and it's really the fault of Salah for missing that chip.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:42 PM BST
brentford

So you agree then having tried EIGHTEEN different managers that the England team PLAYERS just haven't been good enough .......... that's exactly what I'm saying!!

Still disagree with the Madrid thing though.  With those players you can I could write their names on the team sheet, they know what position they play and how to play it so they'd STIll be at the top or thereabouts.

But thanks for being at least reasonable in your reply so that's something.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2021 4:43 PM BST
STILL WAITING ........................

SSSSSHHHHH!!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com