Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
anxious
13 Jul 18 09:16
| Topic/replies: 34,878 | Blogger: anxious's blog
3 year deal for Seria A  is a new blow for addicts,  anoraks  and complusive gamblers Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View Eleven Sports capture Seria A plus La...
Show More
Report Rider July 13, 2018 2:10 PM BST
there was a time when you could sit down and watch real madrid followed by barcelona every staurday or sunday night on tv, then one of the two typically kicked off at an earlier time to suit the asian market, and now, in addition, both will be on-line only plus another sub to pay...
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 2:44 PM BST
It cardsharing via satellite box still a ting? Enough people offering it suggests it is...
Report The Bhoys July 13, 2018 2:48 PM BST
no the card sharing stopped about 9 months ago, well at least mine did
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 2:52 PM BST
Have you seen the ones that offer beIN etc? I think you need a Degree in IT to set up the trial.
Report The Bhoys July 13, 2018 2:58 PM BST
Is this the IPTV?
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 3:02 PM BST
This is satellite + amiko box. Unencrypting pay channels.
Report The Bhoys July 13, 2018 3:08 PM BST
No never heard of this, have you a link?
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Just google CCcam. Can't vouch for any of them.
Report The Bhoys July 13, 2018 3:13 PM BST
This must be an upadte to the old ones?
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 3:19 PM BST
yes, satellite required for these.
Report The Bhoys July 13, 2018 3:20 PM BST
If these worked again they would be great them boxes were top notch
Report themightymac July 13, 2018 3:34 PM BST
red box tv app
Report skygreenzone July 13, 2018 5:38 PM BST
Don't subscribe simple save your money and also phone sky and bt tell them you want to cancel and receive a discount.
Report DIE LINKE July 13, 2018 11:21 PM BST
Without the 3pm EPL games sky and bt are about as much use as t1ts on a nun. They run the biggest racket in sports broadcasting rights.
Report n88uk July 14, 2018 2:04 AM BST
This seems a terrible idea from both leagues unless these games actually end up on TV somehow (which I've read is possible through sub-letting). Hardly anyone is going to subscribe to subscription service just for these leagues, so the end result is they get far less people watching their games which in the long run is bad for their product.
Report anxious July 22, 2018 2:20 PM BST
Looks like Eleven Sports have captured the US PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
Report Andriy August 8, 2018 6:53 PM BST
Now partnered with Facebook, and there will be 1 live Serie A game and 1 Liga game each week on their Facebook page.

First games live via this route will be:
18 Aug Chievo v Juve (Ronaldo debut)
20 Aug Valencia v Ath Madrid

No indication of sub-letting to other TV channels.
Report anxious August 8, 2018 7:01 PM BST
USPGA on facebook  first 2 rounds free then 5.99 a month or 49 quid annually which includes la liga and seria a
Report rommel August 8, 2018 7:14 PM BST
i'll have a monkey on it
Report marychain1 August 8, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Just signed up. £50 one-off fee for the season isn't bad considering I was paying that per month for Sky Sports/BT until I cancelled them in June.
Report skygreenzone August 9, 2018 6:14 PM BST
Watch football through a stream.No thanks wouldn't even pay 1 pound for that hope it folds soon.
Report jedi sophie August 9, 2018 6:21 PM BST
GOLF coverage today been woeful...
Buffering,poor images,garbage.
Report tobermory August 14, 2018 2:58 PM BST
Did anyone try and watch the US PGA on this service ?

I heard it was a nightmare. Terrible sound quality and constant buffering etc
Report tobermory August 14, 2018 3:03 PM BST
Oh, I see Jedi Sophie did.

I really can't see how this will work. I only use streaming as a last resort and only if it is free.

I'd be reluctant to pay even if it was reliable, but seemingly it is useless.

Viewing figures surely will be rubbish and subscriptions low.
Report ian merseyside August 14, 2018 3:15 PM BST
Do they have plans to broadcast via Sky or will it just be streaming?
Report ian merseyside August 14, 2018 3:31 PM BST
I tend to agree with you aec, I'm loathe to pay any more as I already have Sky and BT but £50 for 12 months does look a good deal and it's the only way to watch La Liga and Serie A.  I am definitely tempted but only if I can watch via Sky.
Report duffy August 14, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Unless they can get it onto a channel it will be doomed IMO...for me it's just not comfortable watching online...I like to tape a lot of stuff and watch it in turn if I've bet a number of stuff, this would make it awkward......if it's online I wouldn't have the slightest bit of interest in it.....even if it was free.
Report DIE LINKE August 14, 2018 3:40 PM BST
This madness has now infected the German TV market. To see your teams games in all comps you require subs to SKY DEUTSCHLAND, EUROSPORT and DAZN.
Report themightymac August 14, 2018 4:33 PM BST
Subscription to 11 is very cheap and good value
Report sofiakenny August 14, 2018 5:42 PM BST
they can get fekked.Angry
Report madrigal August 14, 2018 7:42 PM BST
Their website pictures are slow scrolling down. Doesn't bode well for streaming.
Report the wire August 15, 2018 8:46 PM BST
Watched the last two hours of USPGA and it was fine. Also watched Italian Serie C playoffs at the end of last season through Elevensports. That was just 9.99 euros for all the games. I only watched three or four of them but the picture quality was good and I can't remember any buffering problems. They're talking about a choice of Serie A and La Liga games each weekend and the price seems good to me.

Did get a decent reduction from BT Sports of £12 per month but tied in for 18 months. Keeping it on for the Champions League.
Report lurka August 16, 2018 9:58 AM BST
At least 70 seconds behind live for all sports. At what point do you stop calling it live? Not good for liquidity on here. I wonder will the bookies pressure them to speed up the pics, as they will want to advertise with them? They need to get their channel onto tv as a lot of esp older people won't be ársed watching on computers, that might speed things up and boost ad revenue from bookies.
Report n88uk August 16, 2018 2:33 PM BST
Don't the bookies have La Liga, Serie A for UK customers at much less delay already, or is the Eleven Sports deal exclusive thus stopping that?
Report GRANTCKING August 16, 2018 3:10 PM BST

Aug 16, 2018 -- 8:33AM, n88uk wrote:

Don't the bookies have La Liga, Serie A for UK customers at much less delay already, or is the Eleven Sports deal exclusive thus stopping that?

I just looked at the B365 schedule and it says theyre showing the juventus and espanyol games on sat, now all I need is a 365 account Cry

Report ian merseyside August 16, 2018 4:24 PM BST
It's a deal-breaker for me that they only do streaming.  I like to bet on a match and then watch it later.  Obviously I can only record it if it's on a TV channel.
Report DirkDiggler August 16, 2018 4:27 PM BST
I just looked at the B365 schedule and it says theyre showing the juventus and espanyol games on sat, now all I need is a 365 account Cry

With a fiver in.
Report themightymac August 16, 2018 11:19 PM BST
Put a fiver in. Bet £4.99 and you will still get their streams. A balance of 1p does the trick. It`s all computerised.
Report marychain1 August 17, 2018 1:21 AM BST
I paid £49 for the year for a subscription. It was fine for the PGA. Delay similar to Sky, casted it to my TV through my ipad no problems, HD feed. Don't see the issue tbh.
Report betting_masta August 17, 2018 1:51 AM BST
"Eleven Sports have decided to disband 'cause Ian from Merseyside doesn't fancy it"
Report lurka August 17, 2018 9:27 AM BST

Aug 16, 2018 -- 8:33AM, n88uk wrote:

I'm sure they do but I'm talking about the mug punter who likes to bet while watching the match, there's a reason why the ads during live footy are full of bookie ads. Bookies might lose a lot of revenue from those mugs and might do something about it, hopefully.

I haven't seen any of their streams but I heard that they were almost 2 mins behind in the golf. That is way slower than Sky. They were 70 secs behind live for the Barca v Boca friendly the other night. Sky are more like 10 secs behind for footy.

Report GRANTCKING August 17, 2018 11:10 AM BST
yeh 70 seconds behind for football is unreal, cant even class that as live pics
Report TheBetterBettor August 17, 2018 12:34 PM BST
Remember "match 39"? could be happening in la liga....

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/08/17/spains-top-soccer-league-set-to-play-regular-season-matches-in-us.html
Report DirkDiggler August 17, 2018 12:35 PM BST
Agreed, no way is that live.
Report DirkDiggler August 17, 2018 7:29 PM BST
The Girona game is as live as you'd expect anywhere else i'm pleased to report.
Report betting_masta August 17, 2018 7:30 PM BST
just had a quick look at bein sports and it p*sses all over sky sports. sky seem to think their product is the best thing in the world but it is increasingly far from it. unfortunately be in sports isn't available in the uk unless you stream it ilegally. hey ho
Report DirkDiggler August 17, 2018 7:41 PM BST
The endless subscriptions stink, but I have to look at it as an investment, streams, Kodi, IPTV and the rest of it just don't cut it. Buffer, miles behind, buffer, oh it's gone off again, quick turn it back on, buffer, miles behind.

I go round to my mate's sometimes when he's got football on, he's had them all, none of them are good enough for betting purposes.
Report MJK August 17, 2018 8:19 PM BST

Aug 17, 2018 -- 1:30PM, betting_masta wrote:

just had a quick look at bein sports and it p*sses all over sky sports. sky seem to think their product is the best thing in the world but it is increasingly far from it. unfortunately be in sports isn't available in the uk unless you stream it ilegally. hey ho

I've been watching bein for 2 years now on the 'dodgy' and it has a great selection of football, particularly at the weekend.

Report The Bhoys August 17, 2018 8:33 PM BST
No dirk you are right for trading purposes they arent good, 30 seconds to a minute behind, alot can happen in a minute with qucik sports like tennis, snooker ect
Report DirkDiggler August 17, 2018 8:50 PM BST
I wouldn't even dream of trading Tennis or Snooker on it.
Report Darlo Bantam August 17, 2018 9:42 PM BST

Aug 16, 2018 -- 9:10AM, GRANTCKING wrote:

Aug 16, 2018 --  2:33PM, n88uk wrote:Don't the bookies have La Liga, Serie A for UK customers at much less delay already, or is the Eleven Sports deal exclusive thus stopping that?I just looked at the B365 schedule and it says theyre showing the juventus and espanyol games on sat, now all I need is a 365 account

Erm, Betfair show La Liga and Serie A.

Report Hank Sumatra August 19, 2018 6:38 PM BST
Sky showing ten red button Championship matches on Tuesday and Wednesday, supposedly as some kind of paltry token of compensation for losing La Liga.

Add to the mix the absolute abortion that is Sky Go and the Sky package starts looking less and less appealing.
Report the wire August 27, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Atalanta giving Roma a footballing lesson right now.
Report GRANTCKING August 27, 2018 9:26 PM BST
anyone here paid for eleven sports? whats the latest delay for the streams behind the live action
Report 1st time poster August 27, 2018 9:27 PM BST
get there just after phil jones Laugh
Report the wire August 27, 2018 10:42 PM BST
Delay of about 50 seconds behind live tonight on Roma game.
Report ian merseyside August 28, 2018 3:01 PM BST
Sky showing ten red button Championship matches on Tuesday and Wednesday, supposedly as some kind of paltry token of compensation for losing La Liga.

They are not even in HD. Almost unwatchable on a large screen TV. Come on Sky...believe in better!
Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 3:55 PM BST
yeh it annoys the hell out of me when red button action isnt shown in HD
Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 3:55 PM BST

Aug 27, 2018 -- 4:42PM, the wire wrote:

Delay of about 50 seconds behind live tonight on Roma game.

50 seconds just isnt acceptable, if 365 can pump out the pics so close to real time how the hell cant these cowboys

Report DIE LINKE August 28, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Eleven Sports isn't aimed at Billy Bunters. Gamblers can get the leagues elsewhere. Their target audience is sport nerds who don't care about 50 second delays. DAZN is the same, they don't always cache live.
Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 6:35 PM BST

Aug 28, 2018 -- 11:39AM, DIE LINKE wrote:

Eleven Sports isn't aimed at Billy Bunters. Gamblers can get the leagues elsewhere. Their target audience is sport nerds who don't care about 50 second delays. DAZN is the same, they don't always cache live.

where can u get them elsewhere in HD quality with minimal delay? or are u meaning watching on the low quality streams

Report DIE LINKE August 28, 2018 6:43 PM BST
best bet probably card sharing as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 7:04 PM BST
I dont even know where to begin with that stuff, only ever been a sky customer Cry
Report ian merseyside August 28, 2018 7:21 PM BST
If Eleven Sports was a serious player they would have a channel on the Sky platform. I doubt they will be around for long.
Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 9:59 PM BST

Aug 28, 2018 -- 1:21PM, ian merseyside wrote:

If Eleven Sports was a serious player they would have a channel on the Sky platform. I doubt they will be around for long.

apparently theyre in discussions with sky for a channel but have been saying this for nearly 3 weeks, cant be that hard to negotiate surely!

Report GRANTCKING August 28, 2018 10:00 PM BST
if they get a sky channel that isnt 50 seconds behind live ill 100% sign up
Report tobermory August 28, 2018 10:11 PM BST
Does anyone know what they have paid for the UK rights they own ?

I'm guessing £33M pa.

So at £6 a month they will need near 500k subscriptions to make anything back.

I'd guess a clasico would get about 500k viewers in UK. A regular Barca or Real game maybe 200k and too small to register for other games.

But that would be Sky/Virgin subscribers. Many of those will simply not have bothered with this.

I cannot see anything other than a big loss. Perhaps they make enough profit in other countries to cover it and just see this as a 'loss leader' type venture to get brand recognition in the UK.
Report n88uk August 28, 2018 10:28 PM BST
Sky were paying £18m a year for La Liga rights but offered less this time, so if you assume Eleven Sports offered that much, they are likely paying quite a bit more than 33mv for everything I'd think. UFC I doubt is absolute cheap as chips.

I think Clasico did more numbers than that, rest about right.

Agree with sentiment, I said it when this all was coming out that there has to be a long term plan here, as La Liga might be interesting to quite a few but it's hardly going to be a big subscription driver, it's gravy to go with other stuff. Atm they have gravy with nothing to go with it. I imagine UFC will drive a few subscriptions, but even that McGregor could be finished by end of the year which will hurt UFC numbers (they don't pick up rights until 2019). Atm I can't imagine there's a chance they're anywhere near even 100k UK subscriptions, I would honestly guess like 10k atm, tiny numbers.
Report tobermory August 28, 2018 11:07 PM BST
Yes, I forgot they had UFC. That is probably their shrewdest investment as there is a sizeable number of fanatics here that are mostly under 35 and so less likely to moan about streaming .

Though as you say it probably wasn't cheap to buy those rights. Also though virtually every top fight is on at like 5am and I guess a lot fans sky+ the thing now.

I agree that take up must be low.
Report Hamsterdam August 28, 2018 11:09 PM BST
Need to get themselves on Sky and Virgin an extra reach of 15 million tv subscribers would make all the difference...not convinced watching football/sport on a 9" screen is the way forward either although I do know people who watch matches on mobiles, tablets etc why when you can get get a 50" TV for peanuts? Yoof of today for you.

I've installed the app an old Kodi box and at some point will try their app through that (to get it on big screen) although I don't want to pay the 5.99 to find out it's **** so holding off for the moment. Anyone else tried this method?
Report GRANTCKING August 29, 2018 12:10 AM BST
they offer a free 7 day trial hamsterdam, could try it out that way
Report MJK August 29, 2018 6:31 AM BST
If you're not betting in running Bein Sports on Mobdro has been grand so far for the Italian and Spanish football
Report spyker August 30, 2018 10:46 AM BST
I think a lot of these streaming services that have paid big dosh don't realise that whilst a few hundred thousand will watch a Spanish match, PGA, Tennis etc if it is on the box they don't particularly mind missing it and can't be bothered going through the rigmarole of streaming where one can't channel hop etc. In other words imo streaming sports is a useful extra but won't work long term as people's main viewing 'experience' of that event as the marketing yonks like to say!
Report duffy August 31, 2018 4:33 PM BST
Fooking pro 14 on premier sports nowAngry
Report n88uk August 31, 2018 6:28 PM BST
I can't imagine they are naive enough to not realise that Spyker. It's obvious, I mean that's why Sky/BT are happily dropping this stuff, as they think they will lose minimal subscriptions from it, and they are probably right on that. In Sky's case though they are starting to take the piss with the amount they are losing and their portfolio of sport is really weak compared to what it used to be.
Report n88uk August 31, 2018 6:30 PM BST
All these rules about competition meant to be setup to benefit the consumer, what is the benefit in the pay-TV/streaming market exactly. The market is coming so fragmented it's a joke really, like how many subscriptions are people expected to have now? And not like Sky/BT's prices ever go down after losing something, still only go upwards.
Report houseofpain August 31, 2018 6:53 PM BST
I pay £50 for my sky every channel in two rooms, every year it comes up for renewal i'm just straight to the point i got £50 take it or leave it, have all the channels wrote down next to me that they no longer have and just reel them off, they soon backtrack.
Report salmon spray August 31, 2018 7:23 PM BST

Aug 31, 2018 -- 12:30PM, n88uk wrote:

All these rules about competition meant to be setup to benefit the consumer, what is the benefit in the pay-TV/streaming market exactly. The market is coming so fragmented it's a joke really, like how many subscriptions are people expected to have now? And not like Sky/BT's prices ever go down after losing something, still only go upwards.

In this case the consumers are the people providing the sport. Was never meant to be anything else.

Report spyker August 31, 2018 7:34 PM BST
n88 - I'm not so sure - look at the money Amazon are spending and does anybody seriously think somebody is going to pay for Prime just to watch sport? I'm a prime member and get ok value for money as i use a mix of the services just about enough to make it worthwhile. I'm prepared to be proved wrong but i think the whole business model of streaming bits and pieces of sport (esp if not 'live') is a loser as most are casual viewers. It has to give something that watching on Tv doesn't and i can't think what that can be.
We were on Sky, decided to get rid as the sport was as you say depleting and had enough when they put the prices up a few months back, Virgin recently cabled the area and got a v good deal for the vip (saved £70 from bt/sky) so rang Sky to cancel and they were beyond desperate to keep me and offered me the deal i was on (no Movies) for under £30 and would have offered me a very good deal for an upgrade. Point being that if any one thinks they are paying Sky too much then you prob are and think of a low number that are willing to pay and they will prob match it
Report DirkDiggler August 31, 2018 8:44 PM BST
Were you on a contract with sky spyker?
Report n88uk August 31, 2018 9:39 PM BST
Once their Premier League football deal kicks in they're bound to get people to subscribe just for the football.

I'm a big tennis fan and am aware of a lot of people through Twitter who have signed up for the US Open they currently have too, but of course this is a minuscule number in reality in the bigger picture as tennis is quite a small game in the bigger picture of subscribers. I also reckon a lot are just using the 30 day free trial is it they give you.

The real thing to me is football will also put more spotlight on the shortcomings of it and they are numerous atm. There has been a lot of backlash from tennis fans over their coverage, a lot of teething problems, the delay is a big problem, so much so that they have stopped people leaving review for "US Open on Amazon Prime" as the reviews were so bad (like 1.5 star average I think). This will become even more of a factor for football and the likes where spoiling goals will make people seethe.

There is all sorts of other aspects to it too. Eg. I've seen people complain of poor picture quality/buffering on the tennis, this isn't something I've experienced, in fact the picture quality is probably the only good thing I could really say about it to give it 2/5 stars, but it's likely linked to people's internet connections, not everyone will have a good internet connection for streaming services, especially in rural areas.
Report n88uk August 31, 2018 9:41 PM BST
The delay to me is a killer. It's one thing in like tennis to be a point behind real time, but you're gonna have people spoiling goals and all sorts on football which is bound to make people rage.
Report spyker September 1, 2018 9:53 AM BST
Dirk no - we really should have got the price down earlier but having Virgin in the area (which obv Sky are aware of) is a big bargaining chip that we didn't have until they laid the cable. 88 - i saw the Murray match on amazon and the pic took a few secs but was fine after that (200Mb) and you're right that it's prob people's bb and not amazon and that is another issue with streaming - the only edge i can think of would be in the faster pics area but even that only a few thousand (punters from here) would be that interested.
Report DirkDiggler September 1, 2018 11:23 AM BST
Thanks spyker, they're going to get a take it or leave it offer from me (less than I'm paying now) when my deal expires in April, one that reflects them losing La Liga.
Report spyker September 1, 2018 7:57 PM BST
Whatever fig you are thinking of take off a tenner - all they can do is say no try again!
Report spyker September 1, 2018 8:04 PM BST
For info, mine was multi room (x2) sky+hd all channels apart from movies and they were going to do it for less than half what i was paying (in the £30-40 region). i suspect it would have been short term and then some sort of hike but we didn't get that far as I had already signed up. They were also keen to upgrade me to Q for less than i was paying and less than a newbie so look into that if you think it's worth it.
Report milla446 September 1, 2018 8:29 PM BST
Just watching a stream of the Juve game. Eleven are plugging the Ajax game tomorrow. Never realised they had the Eredivisie as well. What exactly do Sky have left these days?
Report Hamsterdam September 2, 2018 8:17 PM BST
What the streaming bosses have failed to pick-up on whilst trying to be the netflix of sport is streaming is a lot more difficult than showing recorded TV shows. It's live and people want live not laggy , jumpy delayed shiit...a lot of it will be peoples CPU's yes, but they aren't going to look at it like that.

Sooner they feck off the better.

Don't forget to subscribe to Amazon Prime if you want to watch EPL on boxing day.
Report anxious September 2, 2018 8:25 PM BST
Yep havent they got about 22 premier league games and the full boxing day programme, an utter shambles by the premier league only looking to get more money the horrible spiv merchants
Report everyone's a winner September 2, 2018 8:48 PM BST
i didn't realise amazon had epl games, it's getting hard to keep up! clearly the way we watch tv is changing and it's all going to end up pay-as-you-go / pay-per-view imo, as it's getting so diversified, people aren't going to want to commit to all these different subscriptions.
Report thelatarps September 3, 2018 7:27 PM BST
For all that the epl likes to laud itself and the outgoing chief exec scudamore you only have to look over to the states to see the way ahead for broadcast rights.
To watch any sunday nfl game you can pay direct.tv about 300 USD for a season ticket.
NBC show a live match every sunday night and espn, available with most broadband subscriptions show the monday night game.
This has been going on for the best part of this decade as i understand it.

Charlie Sale of the mail, i think it was he, wrote about this a year ago. A stand alone epl tv channel charging 200 USD per season for any game could earn the epl 20bn USD if it attracted 100million subsribers worldwide.
The epl under the scudamore model rakes in about half that.
And we sad deluded punters have to pay the best part of a grand per year for sky's product. Most of which we do not want.

The uk market has been sucked dry by sky and scudamore. The appetite for football is said to be on the decline as itv no longer show liv and utd champions league games any more. The younger fans are being neglected on terrestial tv. Only england matches have any value.
The yanks have it sorted with live nfl games on local stations and sunday/monday nights.
Ideally the epl ought to follow suit.
Its own channel plus a game on sunday afternoon live on itv at a nominal price to keep the fanbase going.

Scudamore of course has gone. He could see the way its going and didnt want to be around when the inevitable sh1t-fest with sky was going to have to come to an end.
Some people think he has been a visionary.
Lets not forget that under his watch the epl lost thierry henry, cristiano, suarez, bale and modric all to la liga.
Perhaps with a more combative chief exec the epl would be the nfl of soccer, as our cousins would have it.
The only game in town.
Report n88uk September 3, 2018 8:12 PM BST
Amazon's EPL deal including the boxing day games isn't for another 2 years, so time for the technology to get better before then.
Report anxious September 3, 2018 8:44 PM BST
Correct 88 deal begins 2019-20 season though
Report lurka September 4, 2018 9:51 AM BST
Yep the EPL should have cut the middleman out years ago. It could even set up its own tv channel to do it, never mind a season ticket streaming service. The money has been big enough to run a standalone tv channel for live games for a long time. No tv platform could do withut this channel in their line-up. Take all the sub and ad revenue for itself and maybe even give the fans a fair deal too. Everyone's a winner.
Report lord skywalker September 6, 2018 9:32 AM BST
i remember good old sunday afternoons watching division one football on the beeb, those were the days, i would only subscribe if it was free and theres little chance of that, who in their right mind is gonna pay £6 a month to watch streamed games on the net, i think sky and 11 are in talks to show on skys platform as well but no thanks pay enough for virgin/sky anyway without having to fork out another wad to watch my team
Report DirkDiggler September 6, 2018 1:08 PM BST
who in their right mind is gonna pay £6 a month to watch streamed games on the net

People who like to watch football?

£6?

You can't buy two pints for that. I watch a minimum of 20 games a month on it, that's 30p a match.
Report tobermory February 7, 2019 2:08 AM GMT

Aug 28, 2018 -- 4:11PM, tobermory wrote:

Does anyone know what they have paid for the UK rights they own ?I'm guessing £33M pa.So at £6 a month they will need near 500k subscriptions to make anything back.I'd guess a clasico would get about 500k viewers in UK. A regular Barca or Real game maybe 200k and too small to register for other games.But that would be Sky/Virgin subscribers. Many of those will simply not have bothered with this.I cannot see anything other than a big loss. Perhaps they make enough profit in other countries to cover it and just see this as a 'loss leader' type venture to get brand recognition in the UK.

Turns out they got 50k subscriptions so about 10% of what they needed to make a profit Cry

Report ian merseyside February 7, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
Premier Sports have now taken the Serie A matches.  Hopefully they will get La Liga within the next few weeks.  Eleven Sports are almost history!
Report Dav_vin03 February 28, 2019 6:10 AM GMT
premier sports app not available on roku ?

How much is premier sports per month?
Report Dav_vin03 March 8, 2019 3:59 PM GMT
any news on when the BT sport app will be available on now tv and vica versa the now tv app on BT ?

Both company's stayed it would be 'early 2019'??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com