Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
04 Jul 18 18:03
| Topic/replies: 47,759 | Blogger: akabula's blog
For all things Rangers.
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW RANGERS
Show More
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 1:04 AM BST
Fantastic?  Exciting maybe but fantastic?
Lose to Malmo, get lucky against Brondby, twice.  Beat that giant Alashkert, and that monster Braga?
Laugh
Report MALAY May 20, 2022 8:30 AM BST
it was a very poor match in quality for a European final, Germans deserved their victory but were not that impressive either. Good to see all the fans enjoyed their trip and no trouble.
Report lfc1971 May 20, 2022 10:02 AM BST
It was a fantastic tournament Aka
I remember saying on a thread about Steve Gerrard when he became manager that winning the league wouldn’t be enough
And that he had to win a European trophy to be really successful . Was only partly serious but it shows it could be done
That’s still the target Happy
Report akabula May 20, 2022 2:17 PM BST
Honcho still hurting badly.
It's going to take him a long time to get over this fantastic achievement by Rangers.
Report DOUBLED May 20, 2022 3:25 PM BST
but you lost LaughLaugh
Report akabula May 20, 2022 3:43 PM BST
Hard to be down though doubled when there are clowns like you to amuse us. LaughLaugh
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 6:18 PM BST
Why would I be hurting? Laugh  Laugh  Laugh   I couldn;t care less about Rangers. Win or lose. Mediocre or average.  Average or fantastic.  Rangers or Sevco. 
For their good natured fans, and I have several friends who are fans,  I have sympathy.  For their arrogant, bigotted, pompous fans with overblown egos and little to say of an intelligent nature, like you, I just laugh.
Fantastic?!  You;ve got to be joking.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 6:22 PM BST
He's definitely not hurting. Thats why he cant stay away.Laugh
Report akabula May 20, 2022 6:23 PM BST
Good luck to Tribys Saints tonight up in Inverness.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 6:26 PM BST
I have several friends w

Aye so you have. LaughLaughLaugh
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 6:32 PM BST
You are just a very stupid man aka.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 7:01 PM BST
Better than being a stupid manchild I suppose. Laugh
PS Told you he can't keep away.
Report DOUBLED May 20, 2022 7:10 PM BST
Will you be parading the losers trophy anytime soon ?
Report akabula May 20, 2022 7:22 PM BST
Fantastic to see that Rangers' players  Calin Bassey, Ryan Kent & James Tavernier all made it into the Europa League team of the year.
Report DOUBLED May 20, 2022 7:45 PM BST
fab Laugh
Report akabula May 20, 2022 7:59 PM BST
Congratulations once again to James Tavernier who was this seasons Europa League top scorer with 7 goals.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 8:02 PM BST
Only 11c minutes on the clock up in Inverness but its been mainly one way.
Saints with 3 shots, 2 on target, doing all the attacking.
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 8:04 PM BST
Can't keep away from the 46K man.   Laugh
Report akabula May 20, 2022 8:07 PM BST
Ex ICT player Shaun Rooney puts St Johnstone ahead with a header in the 16th minute.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 8:11 PM BST
The Mayor of Seville praising the behaviour of the 100,000 plus  Rangers fans.
Says they are the best fans he's ever encountered.
Report akabula May 20, 2022 8:13 PM BST
2-0 for the Saints now.
Hallberg in 24 minutes.
Trilby will be in full voice now.
Report DOUBLED May 20, 2022 8:13 PM BST
exceptionally good LOSERS ?
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 8:31 PM BST
Where's Kerrydale?
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 8:41 PM BST
At long, long last Rangers fans actually behave themselves away and abroad and treat the city they visit with respect and old aka wants a Blue Peter badge!    Laugh
Report akabula May 20, 2022 8:50 PM BST
GVB says no fresh injuries and the squad are raring to go again against the wee Rangers tomorrow.
I think there is a good documentary on channel 4 for the Celtic fans tomorrow at 3.00pm - The History of Amsterdam Trams.
Report SontaranStratagem May 20, 2022 9:16 PM BST
Fans get slaughtered when misbehaving so they deserve praise when its the other way
Report LoyalHoncho May 20, 2022 9:42 PM BST
Rangers are the wee Rangers and have been since Sevco.
'mon the Jambos.
Take them to penalties ans hope that Ramsay takes all five!   Laugh.
Report sevey May 23, 2022 12:35 PM BST
Horse for you Aka Number 1 in the 17.50 at Huntington
Report akabula May 23, 2022 12:53 PM BST
Cheers sevey will have a small wager on that.
A much loved legend at Ibrox.
Report akabula May 24, 2022 2:41 PM BST
Report DOUBLED May 24, 2022 3:03 PM BST
Mickey Mouse league Laugh
Report scissors May 24, 2022 3:25 PM BST
Cost me my 11 team Acca last weekend Cry Sad
Report akabula May 24, 2022 3:55 PM BST
DOUBLED
Mickey Mouse league

Baloo. We dont give a Donald Duck what you say, you Disney count so please Gopher a walk Goofy.
Report DOUBLED May 24, 2022 4:07 PM BST
In 20 years time i would guess that Celtic/Rangers could get another 40 trophies between them LaughLaugh Hey Mickey Crazy
Report stewarty b May 24, 2022 9:38 PM BST
How's it going Aka? I just cannot get over Seville. My good lady told me to give my heed a shake. I have nothing to offer but blood,sweat and tears.

It was like putting a good few quid on a horse and getting beat a nose. I've had many phone calls from fellow bears but it looks like I've took it the worst. Speak later to the top Rangers man on here.
Report akabula May 25, 2022 4:42 PM BST
Was disappointing Stew but Saturdays win put the smile back on my face.
We were expected to get through our group but thereafter the expectations of progress were poor especially when we got Borussia Dortmund in the qualifying round of the knock-out stages.
Then going on to beat Red Star, Braga and Leipzig, all formidable opponents, and getting to the final was just incredible. A fantastic achievement.

On top of that was the financial benefits with ticket sales and prize money earning us close to £40 million. This excludes Hospitality and the TV bonus payments which will take this figure substantially higher. Will post it when I get it.
Report akabula May 25, 2022 7:59 PM BST
Was 50 years ago yesterday Stew that we won the Cup-Winners-Cup beating Dinamo Moscow 3-2 in the final in Barcelona.
It was a case of third time lucky as we'd lost our two previous finals to Fiorentina (a two-legged affair) and Bayern Munch.
On the road to Barcelona we beat Rennes, Sporting Lisbon, Torino and Bayern Munich. 4 top teams.

In the game against Sporting Lisbon we won 3-2 at Ibrox and lost the return game by the same score meaning we went to extra time.
Both teams scored to make it 3-4 and 6-6 on aggregate.
The game went to penalties and Rangers lost before the rule book was produced and the referee was made aware that away goals, the rule had just been introduced, counted in extra time as well as normal time and Rangers were then announced as the winners.

What a night of mixed emotions that was.
Report stewarty b May 25, 2022 8:16 PM BST
Aka, I remember when the referee got it wrong in a Rangers match because after full time or extra time he was unaware it was decided by a toss of the coin. I remember vividly it was against Real Zaragoza. (spelling) John Grieg won the toss and we were into the semi or final.

I read that in John Grieg's book....'A Captain's part' which I won as a 12 year old by selling the most raffle tickets for the Aberdeen branch of the Rangers supporters club.

The goal from Jack lifted my spirits but that's five finals now and one win in Barcelona in which I had to carry my parents radiogram through to the kitchen to listen to the match. Up 3-0 then it went 3-2...
Report MALAY May 26, 2022 2:10 PM BST
stewarty
i had john greig book as a kid, i had jimmy johnstone and tommy Gemmell's books too, i'm not sure how we got them, my uncle was a bin man, don't know, gave them a lend of, and never seen again.
I had loads of great racing books too, no idea were they are now, sad.

my dad was in RAF and amazing book on photos in middle east i gave it to a big bluenose in aberdeen who had antique shop, he appreciated it.
Report MALAY May 26, 2022 2:17 PM BST
george young book too i had when young
Report akabula May 26, 2022 3:35 PM BST
Still awaiting news on Connor Goldson but rumours abound thatr he's keen to extend his stay.
Other out of contract players are Leon Balogun, Steven Davis and Allan McGregor who are currently in talks with Ross Wilson Rangers Sport.
Report akabula May 26, 2022 3:42 PM BST
Had loads of players books over the years but the 2 I enjoyed most were The Jim Baxters The Party's Over and Ted McMinns The Tin Man.
Report MALAY May 26, 2022 4:01 PM BST
ted was underrated player IMO
Report akabula May 26, 2022 4:43 PM BST
Some fantastic anecdotes in them.
I think I've got the players right but its the gist of this one that shows the cruel humour amongst players.
Celtic were cruising to victory over Rangers with not long to go when Roy Aitken shouted over to Ally McCoist, who had been on from the start but had a poor game, "Heh Ally how long was there to go when you came on"
Another was Ferguson telling his players before big games "Just remember its no Rea Madrid yer playing" which had the players laughing in the dressing room as they prepared to play Real MNadrid in the final of the Cup-Winners_Cup.
Report akabula May 27, 2022 2:35 PM BST
Reports in the media that Aston Villa are interested in signing Calvin Bassey.
Bassey, signed on a free transfer, still has 2 full years to go on his contract so Rangers can hold out for a decent transfer fee.
North of £15m would be my price given the money floating about in England.
Report DOUBLED May 27, 2022 3:59 PM BST
Sums up Scottish Football ... kid would leave the "mighty" Rangers to go to a Prem League side who finished 14th last season LaughLaugh
Report akabula May 27, 2022 4:14 PM BST
You forgetting that Steven Gerrard did the exact same thing? LaughLaugh
Report akabula May 27, 2022 4:25 PM BST
Rangers have put a £25m price tag on his head.
Report DOUBLED May 27, 2022 4:25 PM BST
Exactly .... League 1 standard football in  Scotland
Report akabula May 27, 2022 5:00 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1530073481651560449

Happy 55th birthday to Paul Gascoigne. One of the best players ever to grace Scottish football.
Report akabula May 27, 2022 5:05 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1529886268661850112

Happy 150th birthday this week to the Famous Glasgow Rangers.
Report SontaranStratagem May 27, 2022 8:15 PM BST
Its the money with players not the history and heritage of a club

Id sooner play fir Rangers than a Southampton but thats me
Report MALAY May 27, 2022 10:26 PM BST
in fairness rangers died SS, so sevco dont have much history, southhampton beat man utd in fa cup final in 70s
Report akabula May 28, 2022 4:04 PM BST
That reminds me of one of the Celtic supporters who no longer posts on here.
Every other post was Rangers died, Sevco, no history, only 9 years old and etc etc.
Then he posted Sevco have spent the last 50 years trying to emulate our European Cup win. Laugh

I always laugh when I recall that.
Report akabula May 28, 2022 4:29 PM BST
Transfer gossip from the DR

Gio van Bronckhorst is set for a rebuild, with several other first-team starts set to become free agents.

Connor Goldson looks to be leaving Ibrox while Allan McGregor could stay another year, as could Leon Balogun.
Steven Davis is another who could be leaving Govan, despite Ian Baraclough reckoning his Northern Ireland international has the qualities to remain at Rangers.
Sunderland striker Ross Stewart is attracting interest from Ibrox, as are Man City defender Cameron Humphreys and Blackburn's Joe Rothwell.
Report akabula May 28, 2022 4:34 PM BST
On the other side of Glasgow, Rangers are set to lose Calvin Bassey to Aston Villa despite placing a £25m price tag on the defender.

That preceded that article from the DR.
Report stewarty b May 28, 2022 7:05 PM BST
MALAY
Date Joined: 02 Aug 08
Add contact | Send message
26 May 22 14:17Joined: 02 Aug 08 | Topic/replies: 2,433 | Blogger: MALAY's blog
george young book too i had when young

If I remember correctly MALAY my late father told me that George Young was eventually sin died. For reason I do not know.

(I may be wrong with that statement)
Report akabula May 28, 2022 7:21 PM BST
Willie Woodburn got suspended Sin Died Stew.
He had a poor disciplinary record  albeit you probably wouldn't blink about it nowadays.
But it was his reaction to being badly fouled that saw him get that punishment.
He got up and headbutted the guy.
The SFA revoked the suspension 3 years later but he'd already retired.
Report stewarty b May 28, 2022 7:26 PM BST
Thanks for the correction Aka.
Report akabula May 30, 2022 12:26 PM BST
Cedric Itten heading back to his homeland and signing for Young Boys for £1.55m
Still no news on the out of contract players but Connor Goldson has put his house up for sale.
Report akabula June 1, 2022 2:09 PM BST
Despite the media reporting yesterday that Connor Goldson was ready to sign for Nottingham Forest
and him posting a thanks for the memories message on his twitter account her's done a u-turn and signed a new 4 year deal.

Other confirmed news from Ibrox is that Steven Davis has signed a one year extension to his contract and Aberdeen 'wonder kid'
Lancelot Pollard (15yo) has been bought from Aberdeen for a development fee and signed his first professional contract.
Cedric Itten has completed his move to Young Boys. Stevie G never gave him a chance imo.
Report MALAY June 1, 2022 3:52 PM BST
must have got well paid goldson to stay in glasgow rather than go to EPL, good luck to the lad, money is hard to come by but good to have.
Report akabula June 1, 2022 5:34 PM BST
Still no news on Leon Balogun but reports suggest Alan McGregor has been offered a new contract.
With John Souttar signed and both Alfredo Morelos and Janis Hagi returning from injury I think
it'll be a case of waiting to see who we offload before making any decent signings.
Report akabula June 4, 2022 6:03 PM BST
Leon Balogun  to leave Ibrox after failing to agree terms for a new contract.
Sorry to see him go but I suppose with Goldson re-signing and Souttar joining he'd be fighting with  Katic, returning from a loan spell, and Heilander, returning from injury, for a place on the bench.
Report akabula June 7, 2022 5:28 PM BST
A message from Rangers to the supporters.

RANGERS would today like to put on record their sincere thanks to the club’s supporters, with over 45,000 season tickets renewed by today’s deadline.
It is another incredible show of strength from our fans, who have cemented Ibrox as one of Europe’s most iconic sporting venues with a series of atmospheres that undoubtedly assisted in carrying Gio van Bronckhorst’s side all the way to the UEFA Europa League final.
That figure of over 45,000 represents a new record at the renewal date, with the manager and his players once again able to count on your unmatched backing when the new season gets underway.
Report akabula June 11, 2022 3:17 PM BST
UEFA president Aleksander Čeferin presented Rangers this trophy to mark their 150th anniversary.
Report akabula June 18, 2022 3:47 PM BST
From the BBC

Sevilla are ready to bid £6.9m for 25-year-old Rangers and Colombia forward Alfredo Morelos. (Fichajes, in Spanish)

New Manchester City signing Erling Haaland appears to have dropped a hint that fellow Norwegian striker Erik Botheim will join Rangers, with the 22-year-old without a club after terminating his contract with Russian outfit Krasnodar following the invasion of Ukraine. (The Herald)

Rangers goalkeeper Robby McCrorie is attracting great interest from clubs in England and Scotland as the 24-year-old faces uncertainty at Ibrox with Allan McGregor's future yet to be decided and Jon McLaughlin set to start the new season as first-choice. (Scottish Sun)
Report stewarty b June 18, 2022 7:23 PM BST
6.9 million? What a laugh Aka. We badly need him and he's worth four times that imo.
Report akabula June 18, 2022 7:50 PM BST
Last year of his contract Stew and returning from a serious injury.
Sevilla know that we might be tempted rather than see him go at the end of the season for nothing.
I doubt we'll get much more in the circumstances.
Report stewarty b June 18, 2022 9:35 PM BST
When he's on form Aka he's a 20 million striker easily. (IMHO)
Report MALAY June 19, 2022 10:06 AM BST
he will go for whatever somebody is prepared to pay, I think he's difficult to assess as what circumstances of a club he would suit or who would be interested, not great technically touch, but very clever movement and can get goals.
Certainly been a great buy and good servant.
Report akabula June 19, 2022 11:53 AM BST
Not disagreeing with your valuation Stew but all things considered I think Rangers would readily accept an offer closer to £10m.
Its went very quiet on the Calvin Bassey front but both Kamara and Aribo have said they are happy to remain at Ibrox.
Report akabula June 19, 2022 2:39 PM BST
Was exactly 5 years ago today that we signed Morelos from HJ Helsinki for £900,000.
What a bargain that turned out to be.
Report akabula June 19, 2022 2:48 PM BST
Report stewarty b June 19, 2022 3:55 PM BST
Our all time top goal scorer in Europe Aka. I know the set up is different now but oh how I wish he had played in Seville. It still irks me today. Our bragging rights would have hit the roof. Will we ever get a chance of going that far again? Not for a good while imo but there's always hope.
Report akabula June 19, 2022 4:48 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1538298089953427461

https://twitter.com/i/status/1538298091836739591

https://twitter.com/i/status/1538298093812305920

At his best, especially the 3rd clip.
Report akabula June 20, 2022 6:16 PM BST
Allan McGregor has signed a new one-year contract with Rangers.
The goalkeeper, 40, is in his second spell at Ibrox after returning in 2018 and has made 479 Rangers appearances.
Jon McLaughlin, who was in goal for Rangers' successful Scottish Cup campaign, recently signed a new deal until 2024.

More good news.
Report akabula June 21, 2022 6:54 PM BST
Rangers announced 2 further pre-seaso friendlies today.
Here are all the arranged games so far.

Sat  9th July v Sunderland. In Portugal at the end of our training camp.
Sat 16th July v Blackpool. Broomfield Road.
Tue 19th July v West Ham. Ibrox
Sat 23rd July v Tottenham Hotspur. Ibrox.
Report stewarty b June 23, 2022 11:26 AM BST
Allan McGregor is the best goalkeeper in Scotland bar none. He could easily play until he is 45. He should have been given a two year contract.
Report MALAY June 23, 2022 12:06 PM BST
great career stewarty but think he is going downhill which has to be expected, btw never in andy goram's league IMO
Report iamajambo June 23, 2022 12:29 PM BST
And nowhere half as good as Craig Gordon.
Report stewarty b June 23, 2022 1:26 PM BST
Have to disagree MALAY. Some top keepers have played until 45. Of course it's all about opinions.

iamajambo
Date Joined: 13 Mar 05
Add contact | Send message
23 Jun 22 12:29Joined: 13 Mar 05 | Topic/replies: 4,855 | Blogger: iamajambo's blog
And nowhere half as good as Craig Gordon.

FFS jambolad you cannot be serious? I could go on and on with stats but did you see the Scottish Cup Final?
Report stewarty b June 23, 2022 1:28 PM BST
**Or his performance against Ireland? Steve Clarke is a muppet. There's better than Gordon going about.
Report akabula June 23, 2022 3:48 PM BST
Three good keepers but hard to separate  McGregor and Goram but, if pushed, I'd probably pick Andy.
Gordon quite a bit behind in third.

Andy is currently battling cancer and was as given only 5/6 months to live not that long ago.
However two weeks ago Andy was told that the cancer had spread rapidly and that he had only 3 or 4 weeks to go.
Feel for the guy. A true Rangers legend.
Report akabula June 23, 2022 3:52 PM BST
Rangers have dismissed reports from Spain that claim Sevilla have offered 8m euros for striker Alfredo Morelos, who is into the final year of his contract.
Report MALAY June 23, 2022 4:39 PM BST
Stewarty i think gordon is a very poor goalkeeper too, does scotland have any decent young lads in that position coming through ?

i
Report stewarty b June 23, 2022 8:13 PM BST
No idea tbh MALAY but surely if building for the future, Gordon has to go. Sad news about Andy Aka.
Report akabula June 25, 2022 5:02 PM BST
Nottingham Forest are leading the pursuit of Rangers' Joe Aribo and are ready to spend big to see off interest in the midfielder from Premier League rivals Fulham, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa. (Sun)

From the BBC online. Cost us £300k in 2019 when signed from Charlton.
Entering the last year of his contract and unlikely to agree an extension.
Has attracted interest after starring for Rangers in Europe and on the
international stage with Nigeria.
Not sure what he'll be worth on the market although the DR quotes £12m.

There has also been an interest in Morelos, Bassey and Kamara.
Report MALAY June 26, 2022 12:31 PM BST
why are you so interested in selling these "great players" at factious evaluations from scottish press ? most clubs supporters want to keep their best players, i find it very strange, are you worried about something ?
Report akabula June 26, 2022 3:04 PM BST
Where have I said I'm 'interested' in selling players?
Where have I called the Scottish medias valuations as accurate?
And are you 'worried about anything'?
No I leave that kinda thing up to celtic supporters who seem to take an unhealthy interest in all things Rangers.
A wee reminder of their obsession. Laugh
Report akabula June 26, 2022 4:12 PM BST
Rangers are pondering whether to make a second bid for Antonio Colak after having an initial offer rejected by PAOK for the £2m-rated striker. (Football Scotland)

Was talk of this a few weeks back. Decent player. I would like to see Roofe in the team from the start this season.
Report MALAY June 26, 2022 4:54 PM BST
Joined: 13 Mar 08 | Topic/replies: 47,633 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Where have I said I'm 'interested' in selling players?
Where have I called the Scottish medias valuations as accurate?
And are you 'worried about anything'?
No I leave that kinda thing up to celtic supporters who seem to take an unhealthy interest in all things Rangers.
A wee reminder of their obsession. Laugh

i don't support celtic, last time i was at a match celtic played in was scottish cup final 1989, and i had comps from a rangers legend.

that's a fact.
Report akabula June 26, 2022 5:19 PM BST
Looks like Janis Hagi won't be ready for a return until September.
Was quite amazing that we got so far in Europe with him and Morelos both on the injury list for so long.
Report MALAY June 26, 2022 5:25 PM BST
i've never said anything derogatory about any rangers great players, wee barry ferguson playing at wembley and bossing England was amazing  and i can assure you i wasn't at Seville either.
did i want Celtic to win ? yes, did i want Walter to beat zenith yes ?
Report akabula June 26, 2022 5:43 PM BST
I never said you were a celtic supporter.
You suggested I might be worrying about something and I said I leave that to celtic supporters.
Looks like you're in a mood today and spoiling for an argument. Laugh
Report MALAY June 26, 2022 6:22 PM BST
not at all aka, enjoy you're evening.
Report akabula June 27, 2022 3:58 PM BST
Auchenbowie opens its doors today as Rangers pre-season training begins.
A few days here then off to our training camp in Portugal.
Report akabula June 28, 2022 1:50 PM BST
Good to see Niko Katic back yesterday at Auchenbowie after his loan spell with Hajduk Split.
Report akabula June 28, 2022 1:57 PM BST
Rangers are still locked in open talks with PAOK over the signing of Antonio Colak this summer, according to the Daily Record.

Saw a clip of him online stating he's very interested in a move to Ibrox. Decent player who would do well here.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:40 PM BST
Hot off the press. Happy

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com