Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 21:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rommel October 25, 2021 9:00 AM BST
There were lows under David Moyes, some lost afternoons under José Mourinho and Louis van Gaal. But nothing quite so deathly, so free of structure, love, basic competence. Factor in that United can field four of the top five best‑paid players in the league and it seems fair to ask if there has been a worse performance since this club were relegated in the 1970s. What does it take to accept that this is simply becoming a humiliation for everyone involved, an endless trauma. We are moving into alien territory here.
Report rommel October 25, 2021 9:00 AM BST
above from the guardian
Report HallGreenSpy October 26, 2021 9:58 AM BST
What a fabulous result. Happy
Report rommel October 26, 2021 9:59 AM BST
andddd we have the cherry,neil *** ****** ** **** custis,go neil
Report rommel October 26, 2021 10:00 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDc_tk7tSog
Report rommel October 26, 2021 10:01 AM BST
neil thought Ollys appointment was the right one,wd neil
Report HallGreenSpy October 26, 2021 10:02 AM BST
He wasn't alone rom. Way out of his depth.
Report HallGreenSpy October 26, 2021 10:02 AM BST
He had the fans fooled for a little while
Report rommel October 26, 2021 10:05 AM BST
hgs,i know,just pure sentiment/scmaltz over any reasoned thought,logic
Report rommel October 26, 2021 10:10 AM BST
even this delay(in Oles leaving-if he does leave) is telling us as pool fans what we wanna hear,that utd arent really concerned about being at the top table,the revenues will keep rolling,alls well
Report HallGreenSpy October 26, 2021 10:12 AM BST
He might hopefully find another result soon to get another extension.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 26, 2021 10:12 AM BST
hopefully he goes on a six match winning run now
Report rommel October 26, 2021 10:17 AM BST
haha you boyz is crewell,Ole looked haunted
Report rommel October 26, 2021 12:01 PM BST
just watched the gary nev,sounnes carra discussion,g nev has lost all perspective on whats going on
Report Latalomne October 26, 2021 12:28 PM BST
His priority just seems to be to not kick his mate (too much) when he's down.  I felt most of what he was saying was based on a belief (his understanding of the situation) that the board would back him until the end of the season, almost blindly.  When Sunday has changed the thinking on that or not remains to be seen.
Report Latalomne October 26, 2021 12:31 PM BST
*whether, not when
Report rommel October 26, 2021 12:59 PM BST
wouldnt surprise me if g nev is not privy to a hell of a lot thats going on
Report The Dragon October 26, 2021 4:02 PM BST
gary neville is a joke, not a cue what to say but to defend the indefensible. it was cringworthy listening to him and comparing this to his 0-7 pasting in spainLaughLaughLaughLaugh

i see the salford projects going well to GaryLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel October 26, 2021 4:39 PM BST
just get the feeling every time i see him that gary doesnt really like being gary
Report rommel October 26, 2021 4:44 PM BST
ill flag this again,if anyone hasnt seen it,the audience with roy keane,gary nev,Joe from otb am(sorry dont know Joes surname)Keane sitting there like fkn buddha just getting his a*** kissed for 2 fff hours
Report rommel October 29, 2021 6:30 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnegMtgLUs
Report HallGreenSpy October 29, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Cheers rom. Very much enjoyed that, especially mr angry top left of the tunnel trio. Laugh
Report rommel October 29, 2021 11:23 AM BST
haha yep good one,the flying pig tickles me.
Report rommel October 29, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Solskjær vows to fight back and lead Manchester United to trophies
Jamie Jackson Jamie Jackson
Ole Gunnar Solskjær insists he can emulate Sir Alex Ferguson and “fight back” from his precarious position as Manchester United manager and lead the club to trophies. The Norwegian’s job is under serious threat following Sunday’s 5-0 loss to Liverpool, with United having taken only one point from 12.
Report rommel October 29, 2021 4:15 PM BST
face it OLLy's a fkn lejj,this man needs more time and money
Report rommel October 29, 2021 6:11 PM BST
Report The Dragon October 29, 2021 6:21 PM BST
hopefully win v seagulls at the weekendExcited

went to brighton last weekend ...bit of a dump tbhSad
Report loui October 31, 2021 9:41 AM GMT
Might be like 2009 season this one, where we counted the draws that cost us the league. Fair play to Brighton but went missing 2nd half. Strange performance. Been a few game where our midfield doesn't seem to be operating properly.
Report rommel October 31, 2021 10:18 AM GMT
jeez lou how bout mongering some doom,were dong fine for mine,vvd has a lot of catching up to do,trust in jnk,fk pep n olly
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 31, 2021 10:18 AM GMT
Would have expected a bit more rotation yesterday. Know the midfield is a bit bare but thought we could have freshened up a bit. Credit to Brighton though. They're everything Utd aren't. Organised, hard working, brave, intelligent. They deserve to be right up there.
Report rommel October 31, 2021 10:20 AM GMT
hindsight n all that but might have been a bit of a reaction to the utd game
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 31, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
Yep, think they might have been believing their own hype after pissing the last two games and then going into an early lead. Suspect a few minds turned to coasting a bit and looking to wednesday.
Report rommel October 31, 2021 10:28 AM GMT
some of that POp yep,but just a ff massive game,its the build up and the come down(win lose or draw)as fans weve no dea of the buzz-worldwide that it generates,soo...
Report loui October 31, 2021 10:59 AM GMT
It's a shame with Keita,playing well, scoring goals but made of balsa. Hope the others are back real soon
Report The Dragon October 31, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
disappointing outcome - the game should have been done and dusted at ht. bit puzzled about mane and why hes not getting more play time.

brighton played well and prob deserved the point hopefully they will be as good against our rivals when they play tere.

long way to go and on the positice we go a point further ahead of citeh.

hope theses draws dont cost us
Report canny danny October 31, 2021 11:28 AM GMT
liverpool missed their fans more than any other team last season said spitty
three draws out of six desroys this myth
nobody would say keita is a miss,fred is abetter player and thats
not very good.
Report loui October 31, 2021 11:33 AM GMT
Danny, Keita,s score 3 goals after 1/5 of this season, would take Fred 5 years to do that
Report canny danny October 31, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
my point is there both crap
oh and stretchered off with oxygen then plays week after
please explain?
Report loui October 31, 2021 12:03 PM GMT
Keita has never had a long enough run of games to get properly fit, so never know that one, obviously got more scoring ability though, no argument there. And not a clue about the oxygen
Report HallGreenSpy November 1, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
Will be the same magic sponge that got Bruno fit for the Pool game after being ruled out all week beforehand.
Report rommel November 3, 2021 6:07 PM GMT
monnnnnnnnnnnnnn you redssssssssssss, a reaction to the brights game would be in order
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
Robbo getting a rest tonight. The ox gets a rare start and Bobby on the bench where it's good to see Thiago.

Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
van Dijk
Tsimikas
Henderson
Fabinho
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Salah
Jota
Mané

Substitutes
Konaté
Thiago Alcántara
Firmino
Adrián
Minamino
Robertson
Origi
Phillips
Kelleher
N Williams
Morton
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
Milan Porto finished 1 a piece. Win tonight and will top the group with a couple of games to go. Come on you red men!
Report MrMeaner November 3, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
Am I right in thinking that even a draw will put us through to the last 16 ?
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 8:00 PM GMT
Yes.
Report Latalomne November 3, 2021 8:28 PM GMT
2 beautiful goals so far
Report Latalomne November 3, 2021 8:41 PM GMT
Fair play, ref.
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
Don't think I've ever seen a red like it. Was surely a yellow til he wouldn't go to the ref. Actually thought the ref was poor before that.
Report Latalomne November 3, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
100%, HGS.  It's one of those I'd like to see given as an orange card, though (10 mins in the bin).  Totally cynical. 

Nice to see a ref not putting up with Atleti's crap.
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
Indeed. I would deffo take Mane off at half time though.
Report Latalomne November 3, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
HGS knows Cool
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 9:04 PM GMT
Yeah Bobby on for Mane.
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
As said earlier, good to see Thiago back. It's been that long though, he's now got hair! Laugh
Report HallGreenSpy November 3, 2021 9:54 PM GMT
After what was another crazy Anfield European night, we deffo end up topping the group after 4 games which considering the teams in it is nowt more than exceptional. As good as it was to see Thiago back, we suffered a couple of injuries. Curtis Jones beforehand eye injury and what looked bad with Bobby. Hopefully not as bad as feared. Hope the ox is just a knock also as he's had awful luck with injuries. Massive away game at the weekend with West Ham and let's hope we have most players fit to choose from. At least we don't need to risk any in the last 2 group fixtures. That in itself will be bad for Atletico.
Report Capt__F November 3, 2021 10:08 PM GMT
niceCool
Report SontaranStratagem November 3, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
Topping a group with Porto, AC and Atlético with 2 games to spare shows the quality you guys have. Some will downplay it but you’ve been top notch in my opinion.
Report Latalomne November 5, 2021 6:57 PM GMT
FFS.  Knew he looked like he knew it was bad when he came off.... 

https://www.football365.com/news/klopp-confirms-really-serious-firmino-hamst...
Report The Dragon November 5, 2021 8:36 PM GMT
CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryffs
Report The Dragon November 5, 2021 8:40 PM GMT
The Liverpool boss added in his pre-match press conference: “Losing Bobby Firmino is a blow. We have known for two days it was serious. We are talking weeks, still. More than four. I’d consider that a serious injury. Then we have to see. Bobby is a quick healer.”

Defender Joe Gomez and midfielder Curtis Jones also missed the Atletico victory and will not be available for Sunday’s trip to West Ham.

“Curtis is a completely different story; he was very unlucky in training – he got a finger that scratched the eye,” added Klopp.

“I had a lot of injuries to players in my career, that was not involved. He is on the way back but we have to see how long exactly.

“He will be back after the international break, for sure, but in the international break we have to see when he can start doing proper stuff again.

“And Joey, hopefully after the international break as well.”

Klopp also provided an update on James Milner and Naby Keita: “For them, I hope for after the international break, but I don’t know exactly. I cannot promise that but that’s what we’re working on.”
Report Capt__F November 5, 2021 11:14 PM GMT
like an episode CasualtySad
Report HallGreenSpy November 6, 2021 10:09 AM GMT
At least we have the international break coming. Bug performance needed Sunday.
Report HallGreenSpy November 6, 2021 10:09 AM GMT
*Big
Report rommel November 7, 2021 9:38 AM GMT
this is a test today,shame about bobby...onward, deal with it live with it,,get on with it,trust in the jurgggg
Report lfc1971 November 7, 2021 11:05 AM GMT
How did Jones get the eye injury ? Hope the player responsible was disciplined
This is becoming a bain in the modern game
Report rothko November 7, 2021 1:20 PM GMT
Big test today - hopefully we can get a couple of midfielders; back in the next couple of weeks
The likes of the Ox need to step up
Report Latalomne November 7, 2021 6:31 PM GMT
Had a feeling that was coming when Mane's volley went straight to Fabianski at 1-1....

Think they deserved it on balance  Cry
Report rommel November 7, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
alison shocker,think they dodged a red(well maybe),but well deserved in t'end,some breakaways fff h,mightve been 6
Report Latalomne November 7, 2021 6:40 PM GMT
Mane not much better, mate. 

I didn't think it was a red, personally.
Report rothko November 7, 2021 6:47 PM GMT
weve been on a great run  so it bit gutting - plenty of football still to play - we were top last xmas

disappointing thing was the set pieces dont we know they are pretty good at those yet!!!

Allison just had a bad one - thought the first goal was fine. was more annoyed by the challenge of Creswell
In hindsight might have been better playing Phillips rather than Matip - least he will throw his head at it
Report rommel November 7, 2021 6:52 PM GMT
tough away fixture,still in the mix at the turn of the year will suit me,just look down the e lancs n have a giggle
Report vidou November 7, 2021 7:38 PM GMT
They did their homework and deserved it - we defended like schoolboys and Allison has a total mare. He sh!t himself every time Antonio came within 10 yards and Ox went awol. Moyes is gonna fc uk it up for them coz he doesn't have the b@lls to go for the result against the big teams if they go in front - 11 men behind the ball from the 4th minute ffs
Report Capt__F November 7, 2021 7:42 PM GMT
Fair result imo

pleased for Moyes

onwards and upwardsHappy
Report unclepuncle November 7, 2021 8:04 PM GMT
Same old, same old. Cry

8 goals conceded against Brentford, Brighton and West Ham - can't defend for toffee and with Salah kept quiet we are pretty toothless with it.Sad

Ole is apparently the worst manager in the world and Man Utd are going through a massive crisis but if they had beaten us that day (and they should have taken an early lead) we would now be below them.Shocked

Klopp Out - Gerrard In
Report vidou November 7, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
T0$$ER
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 7, 2021 8:55 PM GMT
A post 25 games in the making. Yawn.

Sh!t today. We've looked leggy for a couple of games and think that was one too far. Front 6 could have done with a bit more rotation but not a lot of room. West Ham are brilliantly organised though. Know their jobs and will work hard at them. Brilliant at set pieces where they really do their homework. We just weren't at it from the start and had too many players at 70%. Poor one, but here's to the next unbeaten run.
Report lfc1971 November 7, 2021 10:28 PM GMT
Liverpool are a machine that is highly tuned , but if too finely tuned once things start to break down it can happen very quickly
Report HallGreenSpy November 8, 2021 10:41 AM GMT
Seems pretty much in agreement the hammers were worthy winners. Thought the opening goal ok mesen. Just a fek up from Allison who had a shocker but he'll come back. The defence as a whole though really need to be ding better. I do think Cresswell lucky to stay on and was amazed VAR didn't intervene but take nowt away from the hammers who worked their game plan to a tee. As said earlier, the international break might have come at a good time.
Report rommel November 8, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
having rewatched it,its a red all day for mine..anyway we didnt get it,no excuses,w ham were good
Report vidou November 10, 2021 5:01 PM GMT
Michael Edwards gone end of season - Newcastle...?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-statement-future-changes-football-operations-structure?fbclid=IwAR0eEnVsHhOQB0quckN03yu1J7l84dLl3u1PnXKp5WgznoMjfK_8BOiK4Mw
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 11, 2021 7:34 AM GMT
Wasn't there a link to Leipzig a while ago?
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 11, 2021 8:38 AM GMT
Not gonna be all doom and gloom after one defeat, but I've already backed against us.

Ok, it's in a month's time and I've been looking out for this one since the draw was made.

Leicester at 5/1 in the League Cup is just wrong imo. The game is deep in the Christmas rush, playing on Wed 22nd Dec. It's the middle one of 5 games in 12 days. This is the longest we've been in the competition for 5 years, and it's clear the clubs just don't care about it.

Leicester have generally played a weakened team in the comp too, but a couple of years ago at this stage they suddenly stepped it up when they were within sight of Wembley and could well do it again.

As for us, I expect a complete U23 team. He won't be risking anyone within sight of the first team during this busy period imo. It feels a bit like the Villa cup game a few years ago, where it was priced as if we'd play a standard cup team and bookies hadn't noticed the clash with the World Cup. I reckon Leicester go off faps for this one as team news is confirmed. I've already had a decent bet and am including them in lots of other stuff.
Report HallGreenSpy November 11, 2021 9:08 AM GMT
Could be a fair shout that porc. 5/1 is too big regardless, but would be HUGE should what you say come to fruition.
Report SlippyBlue November 11, 2021 12:35 PM GMT
Good afternoon T.D. Liverpool only 7 points ahead of Palace after 11 games and the 38 point headstart on our handicap wager is looking rather good...for me !

Who would have possibly known what a turnaround Patrick Viera has done in such a short time to make us not only competitive but playing very decent football at the same time?

No doubting though that the catalyst has been Conor Gallagher and he has consistently been involved in our good run. The chances of Palace coming up with £30 - £40 million, or whatever he may cost from Chelsea, are remote but he's a Chelsea man so it's unlikely he'd sign anyway I wouldn't have thought, more's the pity but who knows.
Report The Dragon November 11, 2021 5:48 PM GMT
hey  sb  early days m8 but yes last weekend was good for you vwd

viera made a great start and shows what a negative manager woy was

onward and forward.

happy to send you 2 bolls if we win the prem!!!!
Report SlippyBlue November 11, 2021 6:49 PM GMT
Indeed mate, Liverpool win the Premiership and we finish top 10.

That'll do for me most definitely. Grin
Report rothko November 20, 2021 9:13 PM GMT
great win guys

no more injuries please
Report rommel November 20, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
all the way with jnk,cockles burnt to a frazzle
Report Capt__F November 20, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
nice performance
Trent Cool
Report Latalomne November 20, 2021 9:50 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2021 -- 3:13PM, rothko wrote:

great win guysno more injuries please

Klopp's interview with the Beeb made reference to hoping Diogo's not too bad....  Plain

Really good performance, but my word, the cupboard is getting bare.  Christ knows what happens come Jan when the boys head off to the ACN if things haven't started to improve by then....

Report HallGreenSpy November 20, 2021 10:52 PM GMT
Before I get started on the United thread, well done red men. But for Ramsdale, could've easily been 10. Fabinho first name on the sheet every time for me. YNWA Love
Report HallGreenSpy November 20, 2021 11:07 PM GMT
And ain't it great having someone like Tsimikas to replace Robbo. He has looked ace every time he has played. Just need a few more like for like.
Report loui November 21, 2021 8:52 AM GMT
Klopp probably lost it with Arteta after us being fouled from ko till Arteta over reacted to our one foul. Or maybe it wasn't a foul. Jota like quicksilver in that form
Report SlippyBlue November 21, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
Good morning T.D. Another good win for Liverpool and we scored 3 away to Burnley and only get a point! To be fair Burnley did play well and could easily have nicked it at the death with a golden chance so a point is OK really.

I just wanted to let you know that I have got 2 season tickets for Palace, the other one is my brother's and he always goes away with his family somewhere warm in January so I've got his to give out.

So...Palace are at home to Liverpool on Sunday 23rd January and I was thinking that if you fancy it T.D. you can have his seat and be my guest at Selhurst Park that afternoon.

I know it's on Sky but nothing like being there to see the game live and although our ground is quite small compared to most there is always a really great atmosphere there.

No problem if you can't make it mate but the offer is there for you.Happy

P.S. I don't actually know anybody who supports Liverpool!
It's either Palace, Millwall or Chelsea in my neck of the woods.
Report HallGreenSpy November 21, 2021 12:15 PM GMT
Or United. Laugh

Just kidding.
Report Capt__F November 24, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
Job done

Morton decent
Report loui November 24, 2021 10:20 PM GMT
Some strike by Thiago
Report vidou November 24, 2021 11:09 PM GMT
He caught it absolutely perfectly - probably never hit a ball so cleanly in his career before or after tonight. Love the way he skimmed it, one bounce and then about 18'' off the ground for 25 yards. Then to cap it off Mo does a Jota through their defence. Job done hopefully no injuries but why did Millie p!ss the ref off with 2 mins left ff$
Report HallGreenSpy November 25, 2021 10:34 AM GMT
vidou, I think the Milner yellow may have been by design. He misses the next match which is a dead rubber leaving him clear to play in the knockout stages.

Job done, great strike by Thiago and players on the mend. Pleasing.
Report vidou November 25, 2021 1:54 PM GMT
ah good call HGS
Report rommel November 25, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
hgs we wouldnt do something so ermm ...german.....DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com