Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 4 people viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 20:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rommel April 28, 2021 7:39 AM BST
and it wont be just the game,it'll be the whole day,the build up,atmosphere in the stadium before the game.....
Report rothko April 28, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I'm not sure what people are expecting from VVD when he returns - particularly in the early games
I doubt he will be the player he was
You only have to look at Laporte for City
Report vidou April 28, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Very true rothco - a lot of players take well over 12 months and sometimes up to 24 months to get back to anything like they were before an ACL. Some never fully recover. Utd bought Falcao after an ACL and we all know what a disaster that was but he did improve after he left Utd. Only player I can think of who seeemed to shrug it off after 7-8 months was Ibra who is a total freak of nature anyway. Just hope VVD is too
Report Capt__F April 28, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Looks like he be in Euro,s dont mind set him up for next seasonHappy
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 30, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

PMSL
Report vidou April 30, 2021 8:03 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B30 Apr 21 17:26Joined: 06 Aug 02 | Topic/replies: 11,066 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

PMSL

You think an ACL is funny Lou...? You really are a manc tw@t
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 30, 2021 8:59 PM BST
vidou

You Liverpool fans give it to us so you surely can't moan when you get it back?

I'd rather we both didn't rib each other but I've learnt it's not to be so if you can't beat em .............

Now get back in the dole queue you Scouse tw@t!
Report vidou May 1, 2021 1:26 AM BST
I'm afraid I cannot match the cutting edge ferocity of your sabre sharp wit Lou, you obviously are a natural born observer of life and all its petty foibles and idiosyncrasies so for that reason I am out of this discussion but I do wish you and your right hand well in life. I hope your loving relationship continues to blossom and that eventually you will find the inner peace and contentment that the rest of us find with a lifelong partner
Report vidou May 1, 2021 1:31 AM BST
Hope you catch my drift
Report rommel May 1, 2021 7:53 AM BST
well boys,what do ya think,whats going for us is the pressure of the fixer can be a leveller,form can go by the board,whoever gets it right on the day.cling to that straw haha
Report rommel May 1, 2021 7:54 AM BST
fixture*
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 1, 2021 12:18 PM BST
vidou

No I don't. 

"Next patient ............. wheel them in"
Report pushkin99 May 1, 2021 1:20 PM BST
Liverpool should not be favourites at Old Trafford, full stop. I hope they win, but who are these people backing at those odds?

United's fans would like nothing better than a good gloat if they put a further boot into our chances of europen qualification. And of course if we somehow manage to win, then they have the ready made excuse that they were not bothed at all as they have a more important game on Thursday..................
Report pushkin99 May 1, 2021 1:23 PM BST

Apr 30, 2021 -- 7:26PM, vidou wrote:

I'm afraid I cannot match the cutting edge ferocity of your sabre sharp wit Lou, you obviously are a natural born observer of life and all its petty foibles and idiosyncrasies so for that reason I am out of this discussion but I do wish you and your right hand well in life. I hope your loving relationship continues to blossom and that eventually you will find the inner peace and contentment that the rest of us find with a lifelong partner

Nice try vidou, but U are wasting you time with lou, he is from the same mould as old desperate.

No doubt PooP will come running along with more of his unbalanced and highly subjective tosh, as he loves to play with oldesperate and no doubt now lou too.

Report vidou May 2, 2021 2:43 PM BST
Just giving him my opinion on him and his crass comments Pushy - not sure if he caught my drift.
Anyway hope we give it a go today and maybe just maybe convert a few chances
Report vidou May 2, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Utd supporters on the pitch and blockading the ground - protesting against the Glasers. Try to get match abandoned
Report duffy May 2, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Doing Liverpool a big favour I reckon, if this game is abandoned, United will have to get the blame and Liverpool get the points.
Report rommel May 2, 2021 4:02 PM BST
DONT BE SILLY DUFF,DONT THINK ITLL GO AHEAD THO
Report duffy May 2, 2021 4:27 PM BST
romm

You don't think that United will face a sanction then, no incentive to stop fans waltzing about wherever they like?

In that case they should do this for every game...free hit!!
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 2, 2021 5:55 PM BST
PL have investigated, and given a pen to Bruno.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:03 PM BST
The wind blew and Salah went over.  Liverpool FC claimed "A tackle came from the Grassy Knole"
Report rothko May 2, 2021 6:12 PM BST
united fans utter disgrace
Report loui May 2, 2021 6:16 PM BST
Windows been smashed at old Trafford, the glazers on their way to fix them
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:18 PM BST
Windows been smashed at old Trafford, the glazers on their way to fix them

Laugh
Report vidou May 2, 2021 6:35 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B02 May 21 17:03Joined: 06 Aug 02 | Topic/replies: 11,080 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
The wind blew and Salah went over.  Liverpool FC claimed "A tackle came from the Grassy Knole"

Lou you're obviously a wee bit thick - turn your spell checker on mate Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:37 PM BST
Yes just guessing the 'Knole' fair enough but you get my point!  Wink
Report rommel May 2, 2021 6:41 PM BST
im cancelling my david de gea oven gloves
Report rommel May 2, 2021 6:46 PM BST

May 2, 2021 -- 10:27AM, duffy wrote:

rommYou don't think that United will face a sanction then, no incentive to stop fans waltzing about wherever they like?In that case they should do this for every game...free hit!!

duff why not police there to stop this,not expected?,not down to utd personnel to police stuff

Report vidou May 2, 2021 6:51 PM BST
duffy check out the meaning of postponed
Report duffy May 2, 2021 7:01 PM BST
yeah OK romm, nothing to do with United, all the Police's fault.Crazy
Report rommel May 2, 2021 7:07 PM BST
well from the sounds police didnt expect the numbers or the aggression,police should have crystal balls
Report rommel May 2, 2021 7:10 PM BST
only takes a few w***** to throw stuff etc and suddenly its a major thing
Report vidou May 2, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Can't say I blame the Utd fans - the Glazers don't give a f cuk about the club. they are American businessmen and Utd is their cash-cow. We may have a similar situation with FSG who showed their true colours with a distinct lack of investment since winning every possible major honour and then leaping at the ESL with no thought whatsoever about the manager, team or fans. None of these American owners are in football for their love of the game, there is only one thing that these people love.
Report REDROB May 2, 2021 8:43 PM BST
^^ Fully concur.
Report olddesperado May 2, 2021 8:58 PM BST
I heard a Liverpool journalist on irish radio today (didn't catch his name)  but he was saying this was known about for a while and other clubs fans are also contemplating protests.

Fans are realising they can make a difference after the esl fiasco he feels.

He reckons Liverpool are the most likely to follow suit as their supporters are starting to  wake up to JW Henry's real intentions.
Report olddesperado May 2, 2021 9:00 PM BST
No idea how well informed he is may I add.
Report pushkin99 May 3, 2021 5:51 PM BST
FSG have made some bad mistakes for sure, including the ESL (which as we all know was just about money) to trying to get 'non playing staff' onto furlough. At least they finally listened to our howls of protest and backtracked on both.

But when compared to the very dark days under the two broke cowboys Hicks and Gillette its, ike comparing chalk and cheese. Under FSG stewardship, a number of trophies including the CL and the Holy Grail of the PL have been delivered while playing exciting attacking footie. The main stand has been re-developed with plans for tha Anfield road end. £50M has been spent on brand new training facilities and academy at Kirkby replacing /Melwood.

Season ticket prices have been frozen for a fifth year Happy (albeit this was as a result of fan protests.)

So, like all Liverpool fans I know, I really don't like the fact that Liverpool now have 'American owners', but before that it was the Moores family who ran the club as they held the majarity of the shares for over 50 years. If I recall correctly, at the time David Moores sold out to Hicks and Gillette, the (valid?) excuse at the time was that they could no longer compete with likes of Roman Abramovich and the like.
Report GAZO May 3, 2021 5:57 PM BST
the sad thing about the ESL is that its a better format than the new champions league apart from the 12 not having to qualify
Report pushkin99 May 3, 2021 7:07 PM BST
That is the whole point GAZO. How can it ever be a better format when a priveleged few hog the competition, devoid of any prospect of relegation?

No thanks, and that it was rejected out of hand by the vast majority of supporters from the so called 'big six' teams, says everything u need to know about the ESL.
Report GAZO May 3, 2021 8:21 PM BST
the two league format they proposed is miles better than the stupid one league format they are going ahead with
Report rommel May 5, 2021 7:50 PM BST
rearranged utd game,thurs may 13th
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 7:59 PM BST
An early taste of Thursday night footy to get ya in the mood romm. Wink
Report pushkin99 May 5, 2021 8:13 PM BST
They way things have panned out recently, even qualifying for Thursday nite footie is far from certain. I would say only around 50/50.
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 8:15 PM BST
apart from the utd game the rest all look winable. a draw or a win aginst utd would then cement 5th imo.
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 8:15 PM BST
^^ maybe better than 5th if someone slips.
Report pushkin99 May 5, 2021 8:21 PM BST
We need several slip ups, Chelsea play City, and also Leicester so its possible. But those late draws against Leeds and Newcastle are going to prove too costly IMVHO.
Report Capt__F May 5, 2021 10:37 PM BST
rather NOT be in Europa
Report rommel May 6, 2021 9:54 AM BST
jeez howd ya feel after watching that last night
Report rommel May 6, 2021 10:01 AM BST

May 5, 2021 -- 1:59PM, REDROB wrote:

An early taste of Thursday night footy to get ya in the mood romm.

haha,its thursday its 5 oclock its....just slide out of it at the earliest oppo,dont drop your cabbages

Report duffy May 6, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Liverpool to chuck in the rest of the season in a bid to avoid the Europa league???

Wouldn't blame them.

Klopp may well see the benefit in having a full week with his players next season.
Report HGS May 7, 2021 9:35 AM BST
Rather that than the ropey duffy but can't see em chucking it in mesen.
Report rommel May 7, 2021 11:12 AM BST
Olly gets his excuses in early,love Olly
Report pushkin99 May 7, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Thank you the Toon, for throwing several wannabees an undeserved lifeline into the CL.

What with Leicester now having to play United and Chelsea, and Chelsea having to play City and Leicester, CL qualification is now open for a number of teams including us.

If any of them actually believe in themselves and are brave enough to take this chance................................
Report duffy May 8, 2021 10:09 PM BST
If I were a pool fan I'd be very concerned at Mane and Salah's body language, they both look like they would rather be somewhere else.
Report Capt__F May 8, 2021 10:16 PM BST
take the 3 points still in with a shout seen stranger thingsCool
Report SontaranStratagem May 8, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Leicester looked done last night so there's a chance
Report rommel May 8, 2021 10:58 PM BST
done our best to throw that one haha
Report loui May 8, 2021 11:19 PM BST
Still think them 2 points lost v Newcy will cost us but hope we can post 9 more points at least. Ward-Prose is a good grafter for them.
Report rommel May 8, 2021 11:37 PM BST
was waiting for the soton goal.....Laugh
Report rommel May 9, 2021 8:32 AM BST
Aguero's Twitter apology was a slap in the face to Man City fans.

Why do it on Twitter? He could have phoned them both and done it personally.
Report rommel May 9, 2021 11:07 AM BST

May 8, 2021 -- 4:09PM, duffy wrote:

If I were a pool fan I'd be very concerned at Mane and Salah's body language, they both look like they would rather be somewhere else.

duff,didnt know you wuz a body language expert

Report loui May 9, 2021 12:51 PM BST
You're still spot on though duffy, they'd rather be in the The Albert round the corner
Report rothko May 9, 2021 1:04 PM BST
whats that Salahs body language when he set Mane up for the first Laugh
Report TheBetterBettor May 9, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Duffy

Liverpool to chuck in the rest of the season in a bid to avoid the Europa league???

Why? maybe their only route into 22/23 champions league....
Report rommel May 9, 2021 5:17 PM BST
TheBetterBettor • May 9, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Duffy

Why? maybe their only route into 22/23 champions league.... THIS BOY IS A THWCEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Report duffy May 9, 2021 6:15 PM BST
rommel 09 May 21 10:07 

May 8, 2021 -- 9:09PM, duffy wrote:

duff,didnt know you wuz a body language expert

You do now
Report loui May 11, 2021 11:54 AM BST
Do we anticipate a weak Man U side tonight, will be telling. Don't be silly now Ole!
Report rommel May 11, 2021 12:09 PM BST
yeah Olly, be a fkn mensch ya chomper
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 12:15 PM BST
Leicester were far better in the cup a few weeks ago than United so not sure it would make much difference if he did pick the strongest eleven.

With another game on Thursday to come though, United pretty much assured of second spot and a chance to keep all of the 'Reserves' happy he may well pick a far weakened team tonight.  May do the same even on Thursday.
Report rommel May 11, 2021 12:25 PM BST
had to open another browser to read mary poppins,you dont seem to get the pool/utd thing LOU.its birth and rebirth,its breath and death and life everlasting
Report grumpygit May 11, 2021 12:51 PM BST
Wouldn`t be the biggest surprise if he put out a weakened side against Leicester and a strong side against us.That would give him 2 chances to stop us from going in to the CL.
Report loui May 11, 2021 1:16 PM BST
Man U 2.86 Leicester 2.7. They know something is afoot, dirty rats don't remember when we beat Blackburn back then, amid fergies accusations beforehand, was sweet when they couldn't get that winner v West Ham.
Report rommel May 11, 2021 1:38 PM BST
hope i dont sound silly but till city win it utd are still in it-the title race,should still believe its possible
Report loui May 11, 2021 5:09 PM BST
Absolute joke of a team, cheating twats
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:22 PM BST
loui

When you say #"Absolute joke of a team, cheating twats" I have two points:

1.  That joke of a team is better than yours at the moment.

2.  How are they "Cheating", with so many games in such a short space of time they are bound to rest players aren't they to be fair?  Also it keeps the 'Reserves' happy by giving them a game and also who knows he may do the same against Liverpool for the same reasons?

They're fair points surely?
Report flukes May 11, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Well done Lou for keeping a straight face Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:27 PM BST
I'm serious flukes.

Are you honestly saying that the likes of your club wouldn't do the same thing?
Report loui May 11, 2021 5:32 PM BST
It's about a million miles from your first team, expected a half and half team, some of them need dusting off before they play. Team should have been a blend but instead it's a joke team. Bringing the game into disrepute with that mob
Report flukes May 11, 2021 5:37 PM BST
I'm with you Lou. Bringing the game into disrepute is surely stoning opposing team's coach windows but no mention of that on here.
Report REDROB May 11, 2021 5:37 PM BST
Bench looks strong Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:38 PM BST
loui

To be fair I hadn't seen the United line up and yes I agree a ridiculously weak team.  I'm sure he'll bring some big guns on though if not going well which it usually isn't for United at first!.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:39 PM BST
flukes

You din't answer me? 

Are you honestly saying that the likes of your club wouldn't do the same thing?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:45 PM BST
flukes

Your silence answers us!

See, all teams would do the same in United's situation.
Report flukes May 11, 2021 5:48 PM BST
Lou, as a United fan since the Best and Law days I am deeply offended Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:51 PM BST
She answers all of a sudden!
Report flukes May 11, 2021 5:52 PM BST
Lou, are you always this thick?
Report loui May 11, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Depends on whether Leicester are on it tonight, Ollie playing would improve it
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:56 PM BST
flukes

You just can't answer me can you.  You know I'm right as does everyone reading this but just can't bare to tell the truth and admit it.

What a horrible world we live in eh.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 11, 2021 5:57 PM BST
loui

Yes I wouldn't mind OGS play every game for us.  Seriously!
Report flukes May 11, 2021 6:01 PM BST
Lou, I'm a Utd fan. Tough on Liverpool tonight but they would have done the same thing with team selection in the same situation. You really aren't the sharpest tool in the box, are you?
Report duffy May 11, 2021 6:01 PM BST
Up the foxes!!
Report pushkin99 May 11, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Just as well there is still no crowd back in at OT tonite. They would have all been cheering for Leicester.
Report duffy May 11, 2021 6:11 PM BST
We're ... I mean Leicester are 1-0 up!!!
Report rommel May 11, 2021 6:14 PM BST
haha,shame yenitted are just handing the title to city,waht would saf think
Report rommel May 11, 2021 6:15 PM BST
ive mislaid my "what would saf do" handbook
Report loui May 11, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Good opportunity for their reserves to push for a place here I suppose
Report REDROB May 11, 2021 6:38 PM BST
it's always prudent to have a get out of jail free card Grin
Report pushkin99 May 11, 2021 7:38 PM BST

May 11, 2021 -- 11:09AM, loui wrote:

Absolute joke of a team, cheating twats

I completely empathasise with your frustration loui, but its not United's selection tonite that will mean we will miss out on the CL. We have had so many chances, all squandered, most recently with the late 1-1 draws against Leeds and then Newcastle.

If Leicester go onto win tonite, it pretty much means we are praying for the Arsenal to win at the Bridge tomorrow, even IF we can then go on to win at OT on Thursday. If Arsenal only draw tomorrow, it seems likely Leicester/Chelsea will likely carve up a draw which in all likliehood see them both progress at our expense.

Report loui May 11, 2021 8:39 PM BST
We can still qualify push, doubtful but still a chance. Remember Istanbul? Their fans got original game called off, and should have them that gets punished for it but looks like us and a couple of other teams have been shafted by their fixture backlog.
Report pushkin99 May 11, 2021 8:59 PM BST
We have indeed loui. But we should never have left ourselves hoping for a favour from United. That we handed them the league on a platter by beating Blacburn  was never going to be recripricated and honoured. The United fan boys will fester in their deep underground caves until their debt is repaid, as was the case of those poor lost un-dead souls in 'The Return of the King.'

Their is no honour amongst United and its schadenfreude filled fan boys.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com