Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 20:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rommel April 24, 2021 2:19 PM BST
lucky its not a red
Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 2:22 PM BST
very lucky there, and dodged a bullett. Right decision but..................................

Think we could all see that coming mind.
Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 2:23 PM BST
and it did.
Report Latalomne April 24, 2021 2:23 PM BST
Once again, no less than we deserved.
Report duffy April 24, 2021 2:25 PM BST
good point IMO
Report rommel April 24, 2021 2:26 PM BST
order the cow pies we are fkn desperate
Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 2:29 PM BST
deja vu all over again as they say, and in the end we got what we deserved, as at Leeds.

22 shots, 9 on target. Clinical finishing of the last 3 seasons a thing of the past.

Its tempting to say we are gonna give some team a real hiding again, but it just ain't happening.
Report Reynard April 24, 2021 2:35 PM BST
Can somebody please remind me which of these two teams I've just been watching is a member of the 'Big 6'  ? Laugh
Report unclepuncle April 24, 2021 2:39 PM BST
pushkin99 24 Apr 21 13:29
deja vu all over again as they say,

Think you mean ‘same old, same old’.Devil

No using injuries or tiredness as an excuse this time  - totally unacceptable collapse and Klopp has to take the blame.

Spurs finally saw the light and got shot of Mourinho and Fenway better do the same with the German fraud if they don’t want to end up like Arsenal.

Klopp Out.AngryAngryAngry
Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 2:59 PM BST

Apr 24, 2021 -- 8:35AM, Reynard wrote:

Can somebody please remind me which of these two teams I've just been watching is a member of the 'Big 6'

Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 3:03 PM BST
The team that dominated the game but has lost it's clinical touches.
Report pushkin99 April 24, 2021 3:06 PM BST

Apr 24, 2021 -- 7:55AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

pushy - sorry chief, but I'm more than happy to have OD on here. Good lad, can talk about the game fairly and doesn't take offence too easily. You should watch and learn.

U are getting there a bit PoP.

If oldesperate had not made an abusive, unprovoked personal attack about me, it would not have occured to me to go after him. Shame u are unable to grasp this.

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 24, 2021 4:44 PM BST
PMSL More points dropped.  Will be lucky to finish mid table next year with Mane and Salah going.

LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report olddesperado April 24, 2021 7:01 PM BST
Mmm,   looks like someone has had a post removed.
Report duffy April 24, 2021 7:30 PM BST
I don't know what all the moaning on here is all about, bloody good point against an in form team, solidifying a top 6 position.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 24, 2021 7:48 PM BST
I don't know what all the moaning on here is all about, bloody good point against an in form team, solidifying a top 6 position.

DevilDevilDevilDevil
Report rommel April 24, 2021 7:52 PM BST
boys boys boys shouldnt you be focusing on the ropey-dopey....
Report rommel April 24, 2021 7:57 PM BST
you play Roma,fck ive heard of them,the ropey is looking ooooop
Report rommel April 24, 2021 8:08 PM BST

Apr 24, 2021 -- 1:30PM, duffy wrote:

you damn with faint praise mister

Report duffy April 24, 2021 8:16 PM BST
That's what RP does on our thread, sarky g1t.Wink

Where is he anyway...Redundant Punter?
Report rommel April 24, 2021 8:26 PM BST
he's probs perusing some of his old posts trying to figure out what the fk he thought he was trying to say
Report duffy April 24, 2021 9:41 PM BST
I think he might be off somewhere looking for CCM.

He has to look no further than Fat Jockey as he's there.
Report loui April 25, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Fs is this the man u thread. Who's fat jockey duff
Report rommel April 25, 2021 10:16 AM BST
id never heard of it lou,here;
Report rommel April 25, 2021 10:16 AM BST
https://www.fatjockey.com/forum/fat-jockey-horse-racing-forum/flat-racing-2020
Report loui April 25, 2021 12:00 PM BST
Never seen him on here rom, bet he doesn't get many rides
Report pushkin99 April 25, 2021 6:47 PM BST

Apr 24, 2021 -- 1:01PM, olddesperado wrote:

Mmm,

Report pushkin99 April 25, 2021 6:48 PM BST
care to enlighten us oldesperate?I am sure it would have been full of thoughtful insight?
Report olddesperado April 25, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Wasn't from me.

It was from pop telling you to cop on and not destroy the thread with you copy and paste sh1te.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 25, 2021 8:45 PM BST
Can confirm
Report rommel April 26, 2021 9:52 AM BST
6 days,yernitted in rome thurs,monnnnnnnnn u romans
Report rommel April 26, 2021 9:59 AM BST
play roma,not in rome ffs
Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 1:09 PM BST

Apr 25, 2021 -- 2:45PM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

Can confirm

your post at 1:55 on the 24th April is still there PoP.

What has been reported and deleted is MY response to your post an hour or so later.

There are some very delicate flowers on this forum offended by everything.

Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 5:15 PM BST
I have no idea what u are on about oldesperate, now that lockdown is easing I have much better things to do than sit around on the betfair forum all day long like u appear to do. I was not even on this forum from after 3:06PM on Saturday afternoon soon after Liverpool v Newcastle finished until again at 6:48 PM on the Sunday evening.

PoP's post at 1:55 pm on Saturday is still there, it is my reply a little later that has been reported and removed.

I hope u and PoP can however readily agree with me, that There is no place on this thread or anywhere else on this forum which clearly breaches forum rules.

There are some very delicate flowers on this forum offended by everything, howeve innocuous it seems.
Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 8:06 PM BST
What's up whoever is reporting every post I make? My investigative powers are pointing to ratkins as he creeps round the forum gollum like, reprorting every post I make simply cos the trool dislikes me.
Report rommel April 27, 2021 9:52 AM BST
555555555 days,no confidence whatsoever going into this game
Report loui April 27, 2021 2:39 PM BST
We need Fab back in midfield for starters Rom, he's great in defence but crucial ball winner in the middle. That and strikers on form and we can have a go.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 27, 2021 3:29 PM BST
Yeah, he made a real difference there. We'd be better playing a back up to Nat imo, and keeping Fab in midfield.

Financial results are pretty sobering. £40M loss and that's only up to May 2020. Next year's figures are going to be abysmal. You can see why they were so keen on the Super League. Surely we're gonna have to sell a couple of big names this summer if we want to re-build.
Report duffy April 27, 2021 3:34 PM BST
Barely 8 months ago the talk was of creating another dynasty and now it's all about stripping things back to the bone and starting again.
Report rommel April 27, 2021 4:34 PM BST
duff,you or us?,just you stick with Olly pal,he'll give you a dynasty a dallas any tv show with hair n heels....
Report rommel April 27, 2021 4:36 PM BST
when i think of Olly unclipping that bike clip,lifting his trouser leg and pointing to the spot......fkn filling up hereLaugh
Report loui April 27, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Get the injured  players back makes a big difference to us. Don't know what's occurring with our strikers and who klopp wants replaced, and if any of them are after leaving but hopefully Edwards and Co are on this already, and have a great record so far. Just hope the injured don't get some knock on injuries when they come back or that will set us back again.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 27, 2021 6:18 PM BST
I said 12 months ago that this period is going to fall into the hands of City and Chelsea (and PSG). Wish I'd followed that up with my money looking at the CL semis! But clubs like us and Utd have to live within our means. We don't have sugar daddies with bottomless pockets to throw money away. If our revenue drops by £60M then we have to be like any other business and either make up the shortfall or cut our costs. Just common sense.

I'm confident we can unearth some gems, as we've done it so many times before. So maybe now is the time to cash in on the bigger names and use the money for the team. We were all gutted when Coutinho was sold as he was by far our best player. But we negotiated a great price for him, changed our style of play and brought in VVD and Allison. Do the same thing this summer, get injured players fit, allow Klopp to go home and see his family and we'll be re-charged for the new season I reckon.
Report loui April 27, 2021 7:08 PM BST
Having VVD and Hendo back in our team makes us a different proposition altogether with their ability and leadership skills expecting a few changes here and there, and a few tweeks. A marquee forward might be out the question now, we've got a habit now for buying potential. It's like football should be anyway.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 27, 2021 7:29 PM BST
Tiredness is huge as is the lack of fans. Everyone always thinks they're the best but there's no club in the land as affected by the difference between a full stadium and an empty one as us. The team feeds off the energy and the change in results speaks for itself.
Report loui April 27, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Hopefully with crowds on way back, and an atmosphere, players will have more adrenaline flowing and tiredness will subside. Stats are saying 30% less pressing this season, big clue there regards the crowd demanding more
Report rommel April 28, 2021 7:37 AM BST
wouldnt know about us being a better crowd than any other but the lack of fans has affected most i think,think of the home games agin utd and madrid....
Report rommel April 28, 2021 7:39 AM BST
and it wont be just the game,it'll be the whole day,the build up,atmosphere in the stadium before the game.....
Report rothko April 28, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I'm not sure what people are expecting from VVD when he returns - particularly in the early games
I doubt he will be the player he was
You only have to look at Laporte for City
Report vidou April 28, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Very true rothco - a lot of players take well over 12 months and sometimes up to 24 months to get back to anything like they were before an ACL. Some never fully recover. Utd bought Falcao after an ACL and we all know what a disaster that was but he did improve after he left Utd. Only player I can think of who seeemed to shrug it off after 7-8 months was Ibra who is a total freak of nature anyway. Just hope VVD is too
Report Capt__F April 28, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Looks like he be in Euro,s dont mind set him up for next seasonHappy
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 30, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

PMSL
Report vidou April 30, 2021 8:03 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B30 Apr 21 17:26Joined: 06 Aug 02 | Topic/replies: 11,066 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

PMSL

You think an ACL is funny Lou...? You really are a manc tw@t
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 30, 2021 8:59 PM BST
vidou

You Liverpool fans give it to us so you surely can't moan when you get it back?

I'd rather we both didn't rib each other but I've learnt it's not to be so if you can't beat em .............

Now get back in the dole queue you Scouse tw@t!
Report vidou May 1, 2021 1:26 AM BST
I'm afraid I cannot match the cutting edge ferocity of your sabre sharp wit Lou, you obviously are a natural born observer of life and all its petty foibles and idiosyncrasies so for that reason I am out of this discussion but I do wish you and your right hand well in life. I hope your loving relationship continues to blossom and that eventually you will find the inner peace and contentment that the rest of us find with a lifelong partner
Report vidou May 1, 2021 1:31 AM BST
Hope you catch my drift
Report rommel May 1, 2021 7:53 AM BST
well boys,what do ya think,whats going for us is the pressure of the fixer can be a leveller,form can go by the board,whoever gets it right on the day.cling to that straw haha
Report rommel May 1, 2021 7:54 AM BST
fixture*
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 1, 2021 12:18 PM BST
vidou

No I don't. 

"Next patient ............. wheel them in"
Report pushkin99 May 1, 2021 1:20 PM BST
Liverpool should not be favourites at Old Trafford, full stop. I hope they win, but who are these people backing at those odds?

United's fans would like nothing better than a good gloat if they put a further boot into our chances of europen qualification. And of course if we somehow manage to win, then they have the ready made excuse that they were not bothed at all as they have a more important game on Thursday..................
Report pushkin99 May 1, 2021 1:23 PM BST

Apr 30, 2021 -- 7:26PM, vidou wrote:

I'm afraid I cannot match the cutting edge ferocity of your sabre sharp wit Lou, you obviously are a natural born observer of life and all its petty foibles and idiosyncrasies so for that reason I am out of this discussion but I do wish you and your right hand well in life. I hope your loving relationship continues to blossom and that eventually you will find the inner peace and contentment that the rest of us find with a lifelong partner

Nice try vidou, but U are wasting you time with lou, he is from the same mould as old desperate.

No doubt PooP will come running along with more of his unbalanced and highly subjective tosh, as he loves to play with oldesperate and no doubt now lou too.

Report vidou May 2, 2021 2:43 PM BST
Just giving him my opinion on him and his crass comments Pushy - not sure if he caught my drift.
Anyway hope we give it a go today and maybe just maybe convert a few chances
Report vidou May 2, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Utd supporters on the pitch and blockading the ground - protesting against the Glasers. Try to get match abandoned
Report duffy May 2, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Doing Liverpool a big favour I reckon, if this game is abandoned, United will have to get the blame and Liverpool get the points.
Report rommel May 2, 2021 4:02 PM BST
DONT BE SILLY DUFF,DONT THINK ITLL GO AHEAD THO
Report duffy May 2, 2021 4:27 PM BST
romm

You don't think that United will face a sanction then, no incentive to stop fans waltzing about wherever they like?

In that case they should do this for every game...free hit!!
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 2, 2021 5:55 PM BST
PL have investigated, and given a pen to Bruno.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:03 PM BST
The wind blew and Salah went over.  Liverpool FC claimed "A tackle came from the Grassy Knole"
Report rothko May 2, 2021 6:12 PM BST
united fans utter disgrace
Report loui May 2, 2021 6:16 PM BST
Windows been smashed at old Trafford, the glazers on their way to fix them
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:18 PM BST
Windows been smashed at old Trafford, the glazers on their way to fix them

Laugh
Report vidou May 2, 2021 6:35 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B02 May 21 17:03Joined: 06 Aug 02 | Topic/replies: 11,080 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
The wind blew and Salah went over.  Liverpool FC claimed "A tackle came from the Grassy Knole"

Lou you're obviously a wee bit thick - turn your spell checker on mate Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 6:37 PM BST
Yes just guessing the 'Knole' fair enough but you get my point!  Wink
Report rommel May 2, 2021 6:41 PM BST
im cancelling my david de gea oven gloves
Report rommel May 2, 2021 6:46 PM BST

May 2, 2021 -- 10:27AM, duffy wrote:

rommYou don't think that United will face a sanction then, no incentive to stop fans waltzing about wherever they like?In that case they should do this for every game...free hit!!

duff why not police there to stop this,not expected?,not down to utd personnel to police stuff

Report vidou May 2, 2021 6:51 PM BST
duffy check out the meaning of postponed
Report duffy May 2, 2021 7:01 PM BST
yeah OK romm, nothing to do with United, all the Police's fault.Crazy
Report rommel May 2, 2021 7:07 PM BST
well from the sounds police didnt expect the numbers or the aggression,police should have crystal balls
Report rommel May 2, 2021 7:10 PM BST
only takes a few w***** to throw stuff etc and suddenly its a major thing
Report vidou May 2, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Can't say I blame the Utd fans - the Glazers don't give a f cuk about the club. they are American businessmen and Utd is their cash-cow. We may have a similar situation with FSG who showed their true colours with a distinct lack of investment since winning every possible major honour and then leaping at the ESL with no thought whatsoever about the manager, team or fans. None of these American owners are in football for their love of the game, there is only one thing that these people love.
Report REDROB May 2, 2021 8:43 PM BST
^^ Fully concur.
Report olddesperado May 2, 2021 8:58 PM BST
I heard a Liverpool journalist on irish radio today (didn't catch his name)  but he was saying this was known about for a while and other clubs fans are also contemplating protests.

Fans are realising they can make a difference after the esl fiasco he feels.

He reckons Liverpool are the most likely to follow suit as their supporters are starting to  wake up to JW Henry's real intentions.
Report olddesperado May 2, 2021 9:00 PM BST
No idea how well informed he is may I add.
Report pushkin99 May 3, 2021 5:51 PM BST
FSG have made some bad mistakes for sure, including the ESL (which as we all know was just about money) to trying to get 'non playing staff' onto furlough. At least they finally listened to our howls of protest and backtracked on both.

But when compared to the very dark days under the two broke cowboys Hicks and Gillette its, ike comparing chalk and cheese. Under FSG stewardship, a number of trophies including the CL and the Holy Grail of the PL have been delivered while playing exciting attacking footie. The main stand has been re-developed with plans for tha Anfield road end. £50M has been spent on brand new training facilities and academy at Kirkby replacing /Melwood.

Season ticket prices have been frozen for a fifth year Happy (albeit this was as a result of fan protests.)

So, like all Liverpool fans I know, I really don't like the fact that Liverpool now have 'American owners', but before that it was the Moores family who ran the club as they held the majarity of the shares for over 50 years. If I recall correctly, at the time David Moores sold out to Hicks and Gillette, the (valid?) excuse at the time was that they could no longer compete with likes of Roman Abramovich and the like.
Report GAZO May 3, 2021 5:57 PM BST
the sad thing about the ESL is that its a better format than the new champions league apart from the 12 not having to qualify
Report pushkin99 May 3, 2021 7:07 PM BST
That is the whole point GAZO. How can it ever be a better format when a priveleged few hog the competition, devoid of any prospect of relegation?

No thanks, and that it was rejected out of hand by the vast majority of supporters from the so called 'big six' teams, says everything u need to know about the ESL.
Report GAZO May 3, 2021 8:21 PM BST
the two league format they proposed is miles better than the stupid one league format they are going ahead with
Report rommel May 5, 2021 7:50 PM BST
rearranged utd game,thurs may 13th
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 7:59 PM BST
An early taste of Thursday night footy to get ya in the mood romm. Wink
Report pushkin99 May 5, 2021 8:13 PM BST
They way things have panned out recently, even qualifying for Thursday nite footie is far from certain. I would say only around 50/50.
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 8:15 PM BST
apart from the utd game the rest all look winable. a draw or a win aginst utd would then cement 5th imo.
Report REDROB May 5, 2021 8:15 PM BST
^^ maybe better than 5th if someone slips.
Report pushkin99 May 5, 2021 8:21 PM BST
We need several slip ups, Chelsea play City, and also Leicester so its possible. But those late draws against Leeds and Newcastle are going to prove too costly IMVHO.
Report Capt__F May 5, 2021 10:37 PM BST
rather NOT be in Europa
Report rommel May 6, 2021 9:54 AM BST
jeez howd ya feel after watching that last night
Report rommel May 6, 2021 10:01 AM BST

May 5, 2021 -- 1:59PM, REDROB wrote:

An early taste of Thursday night footy to get ya in the mood romm.

haha,its thursday its 5 oclock its....just slide out of it at the earliest oppo,dont drop your cabbages

Report duffy May 6, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Liverpool to chuck in the rest of the season in a bid to avoid the Europa league???

Wouldn't blame them.

Klopp may well see the benefit in having a full week with his players next season.
Report HGS May 7, 2021 9:35 AM BST
Rather that than the ropey duffy but can't see em chucking it in mesen.
Report rommel May 7, 2021 11:12 AM BST
Olly gets his excuses in early,love Olly
Report pushkin99 May 7, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Thank you the Toon, for throwing several wannabees an undeserved lifeline into the CL.

What with Leicester now having to play United and Chelsea, and Chelsea having to play City and Leicester, CL qualification is now open for a number of teams including us.

If any of them actually believe in themselves and are brave enough to take this chance................................
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com