Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 20:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 6, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Capt__F 06 Apr 21 21:44 

NEVER underestimate Jurgen

not over yet !

"We've got people on the pitch they think it's all over ............... IT IS NOW"!

PMSL
Report HGS April 7, 2021 12:38 AM BST
As has been said, come back from worse positions than this, but without the fans it's a tall order. You never know.
Report rommel April 7, 2021 10:22 AM BST
we can improve on every aspect of that performance last night,tactics formation personnel,the tie should be over,well you dont let teams off the hook in this comp
Report rommel April 7, 2021 10:23 AM BST
the keita hook on 42 mins-odd
Report pushkin99 April 7, 2021 12:45 PM BST
U are sooooo right HGS.

Walking round the ground pre-match against Barca, you could sense that though we had not given up hope, no one was really giving us much chance of qualifying (if any). The Barca fans sensed 'knew' they were through too. And we all know what happened next.

This time though, and even though we have an away goal rather than 3-0, its gonna be very tough indeed without our fantastic home support.
Report loui April 8, 2021 12:21 PM BST
Lot of people reckon Mane has long covid, and that's why he's not in form. Probably 20% below. Would explain why he seems so off balance, keeps falling over
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 8, 2021 4:38 PM BST
Yes his balance seems to go moreso when he's in the Penalty box.  Must have caught the 'bug' off of Mo Salah eh?
Report HGS April 8, 2021 4:54 PM BST
He's actually one of the few in the game lou who doesn't go down easy. Could have had many a penalty this season if he had. Salah, yes no problem in doing so.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 8, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Can't have that loui. Bit too convenient. Surely if he was showing signs of being unfit or ill in training he wouldn't be starting every game. Think it's more like so many others in the team; he's played so much and ran so hard in the last 3 years he's just desperate for a break to re-charge his batteries. I also think his confidence is a bit low given how he needs to take an extra touch in the box this year.
Report rothko April 8, 2021 5:53 PM BST
Long Covid the go to excuse now for a nation for being **** at work Laugh

Mane just having a bad season and trying too hard now

Klopp just go the selection wrong and didnt read the real madrid tactics
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 5:57 PM BST
"Lot of people reckon Mane has long covid, and that's why he's not in form."

lol seriously is this something liverpool fans are talking about?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 8, 2021 6:16 PM BST
HGS

Fair enough re Mane.  Salah is murder for it though.  Shame as he's been a great player, likeable enough sort too so shame he spoils himself by being known for his diving.
Report loui April 8, 2021 6:28 PM BST
My lad goes on twitter etc, and said some were saying about it, seeing if anyone had heard similar. Totally agree the club would be right on it he did, and would be rested. He had some bad mis-controls other night, looked a bit out of sorts, and has been generally this season. He's usually very dynamic, hoping he's raring to go Saturday. Got to keep taking points
Report loui April 8, 2021 6:30 PM BST
Also hoping Salah isn't getting dragged to the Olympics with Egypt
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 6:37 PM BST
loui i think long covid is nonsense

if all long covid does is take the edge off your game, if you are still able to play elite sports, it cant be very serious

even if it did exist, there's no way of proving he has it or testing for it
Report loui April 8, 2021 8:17 PM BST
Long covid is when people have had covid, but still have some of the symptoms for quite a while after. Lingering cough, tight chest. Some have said they have memory problems, feeling listless. Suppose everyone has different levels of the virus.
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 8:58 PM BST
they've gone to people who had covid and asked them a few months later "are you 100%, do you still have any symptoms at all, even fatigue"

25% responded yes

media are trying to convince us a million people in the uk now have some sort of debilitating long term disease
Report rothko April 8, 2021 9:08 PM BST
its like any other virus not feeling 100% after

know a couple of young physically fit relatives who got wiped out with glandular fever who werent right for weeks after
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:16 PM BST
my daughter v fit and her bf triathlet suffeeing nearly 1 year after virus
their friend prof triathlete hasnt competed for 8 months

think this virus can affect the very fit
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:20 PM BST
capt f i don't know anything about your personal example, but the statistics show covid affects very few young people

the very fact they are halting the AZ vaccine for young people shows this

risk of clots is very small, but it is bigger than the risk from covid for young people, whcich is why AZ is not being used anymore

the idea pushed by this report, that there are 1 million people in the uk with serious long term issues from covid, is ludicrous
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:21 PM BST
how do you know it was covid that did this to them?
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:22 PM BST
how sick were they with covid? were they in hospital?
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:23 PM BST
i dont but the both junior Dr and very fit seems starnge they all suffering long term
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:24 PM BST
no not hospitalised
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:47 PM BST
what symptoms do they have?
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:56 PM BST
not sure they live away lethargic prob 80% what they were
theie friend who a pro athlete not competed since

my point is i may be wrong long covid can affect the fit

here endeth the lesson Guiseppe
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 10:26 AM BST
Said it on here before and got hijacked for alleged criticism.

Mane been way off it for a considerable period. Although nowhere near as bad as Firmino.

I personally think there is definitely a real problem in the front 3s relationship, it's very strained at best.

Mane feels Salah is not only greedy but over praised imo. He may be right but that's not the point,it cannot get in the way.

He also recently described Firmino as his favourite teammate,Bla bla, Firmino has had 1,2 good games in a year fgs.... Palace last one I can remember, been very very poor indeed.

Both have been utterly fantastic for Liverpool but unless theres an immediate upturn I think minimum 1 will be gone in summer.

Another 3 points would be very big indeed for CL Football.We need to pick up the pace and soon or were in no man's land next season.

Not good if looking to shake up the squad.
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 10:27 AM BST
Not all lost with Madrid tie, didnt think they were very good...

Unfortunately neither were we.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 9, 2021 1:15 PM BST
I imagine every attacking player in the world would describe Firmino as their favourite team mate. Does so much work to create space for others and make them look good.
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 6:32 PM BST
Up until this season couldn't agree more....

Not this though.

Fabulous player previous couple seasons.

Just miles off this.
Report HGS April 10, 2021 5:04 PM BST
Another tough watch. First half dominance, goal ruled out harshly by VAR, goal conceded keeper error. Sound familiar?

Credit to the lads for sticking to it and great goal by the man of the moment Trent.

Small relief but phew, tough to endure.
Report Capt__F April 10, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Left it late but result all that matters
TAACool
Report loui April 10, 2021 7:03 PM BST
Maybe his arm was offside, or they thought he was going to slamit in with his armpit. Games been hijacked by helmets
Report rommel April 10, 2021 7:27 PM BST
phew phew n phewww....
Report pushkin99 April 10, 2021 7:45 PM BST
A vital 3 points.

Whether it goes for or against your tem or not, 'these too close to call VAR decisions' have ruined the game. Thankfully, right result in the end today.

The unbeten home run now stands at one!
Report loui April 10, 2021 10:15 PM BST
Villa,s timewasting was painful 2nd half, was expecting 8 mins injury time before we scored winner, then thought fk when 5 went up. But we got there in the end in a quite strange game all round. We were far from clinical
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 10, 2021 11:00 PM BST
I actually quite enjoyed it. Had to laugh at half time after battering them, conceding to their one chance and having yet another ridiculous VAR go against us. Can only really laugh at that kind of thing and it pretty much summed up our season.
Second half was good as I thought our heads would have dropped and there was no way we were getting back into it but it was much more like last season. Performances were much better. I though Trent and Bobby both played well in particular. And then to get that winner, well that was nice too.
Report loui April 11, 2021 9:39 AM BST
Glad you managed to enjoy it pop, we got there in the end. Happy for Trent with that screamer. Why don't they say the whole torso has to be offside or that tiny bit and the head or a bit of leg would be more acceptable then. How does everyone think Madrid will line up on Wednesday, I'm expecting them to defend deep, and play on the counter. Our pressings going to have to be mega good to break up their really good passing game. First goal will be crucial. And first few tackles by us need to bite.
Report pushkin99 April 11, 2021 10:27 AM BST
Just watced re-run of MoTD on BBC catch up and the VAR decisions against us and Fulham look worse and worse on each viewing.

I am sure Madrid will play on the counter, much as they did against Barca last nite loui. The tie is certainly not over, and if we can take the confidence from at last winning at home into the match anything is possible but 3-1 is a big advantage.
Report loui April 11, 2021 10:45 AM BST
We can't let them getting into the passing rhythm push, got to be closer and snapping at their heels, their right wing back Luis Vasquez got injured last night, don't rhk k he'll make. Might be better for Jota.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 11, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I think that was the plan last week though. Keita was in there to be busy and snatch the ball off them, then we had Jota in as an extra runner/finisher. As a tactic it's fine. Unfortunately Naby is just not tactically switched on and let Kroos dominate him. I'd be tempted to leave Gini out after his last couple of games. Would be nice to start Milner, so he can put a sharp tackle in and also for his leadership. The other one who would be good potentially would be Ox, but he's clearly just nowhere near the right level given he's been fit for months but isn't getting a look in.
Report loui April 11, 2021 11:18 AM BST
Milner is a good shout he had a good solid game yesterday. Fabinho was surprisingly ineffective against them, I'm hoping for a lot more from him in return leg. There was mistakes all over the pitch last week, but game was ultimately won in midfield. Maybe stopping Kroos could be pivotal on the night
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 11, 2021 12:33 PM BST
I think when we lose Milner and Henderson we're gonna lose a huge amount. Always feels a bit prehistoric to be thinking about getting English players in but I think we need to think about it. Neither VVD or Gini have impressed me as stand in captains. Maybe when Trent goes to midfield he gets the armband, but he's still young and finding his way. We need a proper organiser and someone who will make sure players are training properly when Hendo is gone.
Report jedi sophie April 11, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Wheres Hendo going like?

Surely 2,3 years left,especially playing where he does.
Report loui April 13, 2021 1:38 PM BST
Ramos has tested positive for covid, we might get lucky if he's had a good sneeze in the changies. Failing that, giving their team bus a shake might help too, De Bruyne still having bad dreams about that one
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 13, 2021 5:43 PM BST
Was wondering if there are any plans to welcome the teams tomorrow. Can't be inside the stadium but can still make a noise on the way in.
Report loui April 13, 2021 9:11 PM BST
Spirit of shankly might want a welcome sorted for Madrid, just to say hello
Report pushkin99 April 13, 2021 9:18 PM BST
This game is just crying out for a full house to inspire the team to yet another great european victory.

I still have not given up hope mind.

I have a late meeting in the office tomorrow at 17:00, it will be really odd driving home with the streets almost empty on a match day PlainShockedConfused
Report loui April 13, 2021 10:19 PM BST
Got a WhatsApp saying Madrid were staying in the Titanic hotel, and that tomorrow is exactly 109 years since the boat sank.
Report rommel April 14, 2021 8:29 AM BST
well reds,what do we think....as said we can improve on that first leg by multiples and jk can learn a lot from it,rm played well but it takes 2 too,we made them look good,hopefully a completely diff game tonight,just have a blast...
Report olddesperado April 14, 2021 10:13 AM BST
Contemplating whether to use violence and intimidation  against the Madrid travelling party.

Whatever next.
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:23 AM BST
do hope loui had his tongue busrting thru his cheek
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:23 AM BST
od,what do you think tonight,both games
Report olddesperado April 14, 2021 10:32 AM BST
No idea rommel.
Think pool up against it and city could get surprised a bit
Report grumpyjim April 14, 2021 11:09 AM BST
EVERY Premiership team has gone through a bad wee spell .... Pandemic ..  Pressure .. KLOPPF  can probably get a result out of this game ..if  he  can Galvenize his flock once more .. Lost general at middle at back , team rallied to his cry and   HE  ...mopped up a lot on the others behalf .. Still to play for .. HOPE THE GOOD SIDE TURNS UP  .. IF any chance .. all 100 per cent from start will help the cause .
Report pushkin99 April 14, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Steely determination rather than all out attack is what I would like to see tonite.

Against Barca it was 1-0 at HT a couple of years back, maybe if we are lucky enough to go in at HT with some sort of lead on the nite, it could really set up the second half.
Report pushkin99 April 14, 2021 7:00 PM BST
Seems a sensible starting line up, Jota to come on in the second half to score the winner?
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 7:49 PM BST
Big big big night ahead.

Let's hope the party continues after the game too....
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 7:49 PM BST
Bring back the press,the intensity,the goals....
Report Latalomne April 14, 2021 8:43 PM BST
HTF are we not in front?!?
Report loui April 14, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Unlucky so far here but playing well and controlling the game
Report sageform April 14, 2021 8:53 PM BST
Can't believe that Real are a longer price now than at the start of the game. They are getting better all the time.
Report pushkin99 April 14, 2021 8:53 PM BST
Decent performance aprt from the cutting edge going missing yet again. Tie certainly not over yet.
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 9:57 PM BST
Anyone seen Plan B?
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Bordering on absurd by end imo.

Started terrific, final ball, missed chances, but towards the end the lack if belief and imagination was quite difficult to watch....

Same thing over and over and over, Madrid absolutely lapping it up.

Cast was set probably after Salah sitter in first couple of minutes.

What an opportunity wasted, Chelsea in wait, another poor side, like Madrid are.
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:02 PM BST
Even shouting on Phillip's up front last 10, just try something different ffs, anything.

Shot from distance, swap fullbacks,just do something away from what theyve defended easily for 90 minutes.

Gutting out!
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:03 PM BST
bo*****ks
Report loui April 14, 2021 10:04 PM BST
Frustrating game for us in the end, better first half where we create good chances. Last 20 was like them league games after Xmas vs Brighton Fulham Everton etc. Crowd would have helped,
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:04 PM BST
lost in first leg
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:05 PM BST
we all know where our season was ffffff
Report loui April 14, 2021 10:07 PM BST
Get our players back, buy a couple of good,uns, we,ll be back up there I'm sure.
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:11 PM BST
Those opportunities may be extremely limited Loui.

Without Champs lge football, and the carrot of just paying more wages, we may be in trouble...

I think at least one of front 3 will go, at least 1. And I'd be fully behind that based on what I've seen for an entire season plus.

Cash in, refresh,get younger and go again.....

Just my opinion.
Report Capt__F April 14, 2021 10:13 PM BST
Unlucky

if Mo had scored who knows
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:13 PM BST
jed for one season you think itll matter.really,attracting a top player
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:14 PM BST
mo looked like a whipped fkn dog,get your head up believe ffs
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:18 PM BST
I certainly do yes...

No guarantees 1 wont lead to 2 seasons.

I'm sure plenty players will want to come, but not necessarily the kind we may want or need.

I think Klopp doesn't need 1, I think he needs 5,6.
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:19 PM BST
When Ox n Shaq came on Romm were you thinking here we go?

This is on?
Report jedi sophie April 14, 2021 10:21 PM BST
Very possible Klopp and these players have punched above there weight for a few seasons and its end of the line for some?

Hopefully not Klopp, just some players.

That's football.
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:22 PM BST
nah going into the last 20 thought itd gone jed....
Report loui April 14, 2021 10:25 PM BST
Jws, you might be spot on with one of top 3.going, that'll be to finance next stage for Klopp. We've got a strong team when ayers are fit, need to strengthen the depth in squad big time, it's been exposed this year. Will be a clear out, and well have to wait and see who comes in. Very hard to 2nd guess our excellent transfer crew.
Report loui April 14, 2021 10:25 PM BST
Jed
Report loui April 14, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Could see 5 or 6 leaving and 3 coming in, don't mind if it's quality coming in.
Report rommel April 14, 2021 10:53 PM BST
with the cl-stating the bleedin obvious here,gotta have the luck of your stars being fit,like bm last night fff without lewand'
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 15, 2021 12:09 AM BST
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH  Fcukin great night.

You were 100/1 to go through after the first leg and now a Million to one to win it next season.  Salah and Mane going, Klopp possibly too!

Really made my night this did, can't wait to see you finish 6th or 7th in the league this season either.

Oh well there's some good news for some I suppose .............. you can 'Sign On' tomorrow!

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 15, 2021 12:22 AM BST
How ugly is Trent by the way.  He has a face even a Mother couldn't love bless him.  He is one ugly bar stud isn't he.

Sad
Report loui April 15, 2021 7:50 AM BST
He's not your type then Lou?
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 15, 2021 8:28 AM BST
I take it the manc has been on here again.

Who could possibly have predicted he'd be such a hypocrite back when he was whingeing about other fans being on the Utd thread.

Anyhoo, JFT96
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 15, 2021 10:12 AM BST
PP

I'm having a dig back because of all the stick SOME Liverpool fans give to United fans.

They can't have it both ways, if they want to throw a 'Punch' at us then don't moan when you get one back.  I'd rather we simply didn't 'Punch' each other but that just doesn't happen so if you can't beat em .................
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 15, 2021 10:15 AM BST
loui

I'm not that way inclined but if I were ............. he is one ugly Bar stud isn't he you have to agree.

Mo's ugly too come to think of it (not as much as Trent to be fair) but another half a dozen or so games and he'll join the Spanish league so we won't have to look at it any more.
Report HGS April 15, 2021 12:45 PM BST
blimey lou, you're having a go at Hardy Eustace on another thread for being juvenile and you come out with this. I'm not having this if you can't beat em join em bollox, either rise above it or don't. Your choice. I know how I'd rather behave and I couldn't give a flying what they look like as long as they do the business.

Anyways, onto last night and a much better performance all round and plenty of if only moments. Can't be too hard on Mo, he's been the one mostly putting what goals we have got this season in. A real struggle to make Champions League now, but not out of top 4 reckoning by any means. A bit more of what we saw last night with the right finishing and we might not be far away.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 15, 2021 1:44 PM BST
HGS

My 'If you can't beat em' join em' is so NOT boll0x it's completely true.

I used to come on here and give a fair, honest opinion of what I'd seen not once mocking anything or anyone on here

BUT

When the likes of rommel, Pushkin go onto the United thread and do exactly that then why should I sit back and take it?  Like I said a shame it's like that I'd rather not throw a 'Punch' at each other than both throw one but if that's the way they want it then all I can do is throw a 'Punch' back.

A massive knockout was landed last night and I'm as please as 'Punch'!
Report rommel April 15, 2021 3:20 PM BST
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B • April 15, 2021 1:44 PM BST
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users]
Report rommel April 15, 2021 3:24 PM BST
one of the weirdest ffff on here-wouldnt think of looking at any other clubs thread-then wouldnt ever dream of posting on another clubs thread,then its mary poppins into gordon ramsay ffffffffff me
Report rommel April 15, 2021 3:27 PM BST
fyi-the first ffff=f*****s,the ffffffff=f***)
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 15, 2021 3:31 PM BST
Yeah, I blocked him a few days ago too romm. You could talk with him before
I don't mind a bit of trolling, but there has to be some wit to it otherwise it comes across like some 14 year old incel. And frankly I can't be doing with it so I'll avoid thanks very much.
Report rommel April 15, 2021 3:35 PM BST
haha pop,still feeling a bit down after last night,you?tried to kid myself a bit haha
Report REDROB April 15, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Are 4 Champ' league places set in stone ? What happens if both manchester clubs were to win their respective european competitions ?
Report pushkin99 April 15, 2021 7:36 PM BST
the EPL would gain a 5th CL place, but only if United finished outside of the top 4. I don't belive it is possible for City to finish outside the top 4.
Report pushkin99 April 15, 2021 7:42 PM BST

Apr 15, 2021 -- 6:45AM, HGS wrote:

blimey lou, you're having a go at Hardy Eustace on another thread for being juvenile and you come out with this. I'm not having this if you can't beat em join em bollox, either rise above it or don't. Your choice. I know how I'd rather behave and I couldn't give a flying what they look like as long as they do the business.Anyways, onto last night and a much better performance all round and plenty of if only moments. Can't be too hard on Mo, he's been the one mostly putting what goals we have got this season in. A real struggle to make Champions League now, but not out of top 4 reckoning by any means. A bit more of what we saw last night with the right finishing and we might not be far away.

HGS, lou is your typical United supporter, basking in the reflected glory of his club.

In years gone by, lou and his ilk flooded this thread with their gloating smirking schadenfreude, laughing uncontrollably at our lack of success.

Surprise surprise, lou and his ilk have barely been seen on the Liverpool thread for the last 4 years. Surprise surprise, since christmas 2020, lou has felt brave enough to come scuttling out from under his rock with his gloating smirking schadenfreude yet again.

I wonder what has changed? Certainly not United, who have now gone 7 (yes SEVEN) years without winning anything worth winning. Soon to be 8 (yes EIGHT years).

Report rothko April 16, 2021 8:57 PM BST
I worked Lou out from the start Laugh
A reasonable Utd fam commenting about Liverpool LaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com