Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 20:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report Capt__F April 3, 2021 10:07 PM BST
NiceCool

Jota what a signing !!!!Happy
Report rommel April 3, 2021 11:11 PM BST

Apr 3, 2021 -- 4:07PM, Capt__F wrote:

NiceJota what a signing !!!!

BANG ON CAP,goal machine jeez

Report HGS April 4, 2021 12:02 AM BST
Much better all round tonight. Apart from getting the first, there was never a moments. Was  comfy to watch after. Well played lads.
Report Capt__F April 4, 2021 12:16 AM BST
Freddy Mercury hardly had a touch in goal
Report HGS April 4, 2021 1:02 AM BST
Laugh Made full use of the time off
Report grumpyjim April 4, 2021 5:21 AM BST
need to play at least to that level........next two mid weeks to Qualify .. Can be  .. DONE   good LUCK  with that . KLOPPF  . Struggles  with all his teams in Time .. might still be around after this season  .. IF  .. he can keep their socks pulled up .. They took a wander for a spell then ..   Poor Results .. Seems to have calmed down a bit since  loosing his Mother and not making it to her ... FUNERAL   . SAD TIME FOR HIM  ..  LIKE HIS STYLE  .. More so as he runs up and down the sidelines .. Amusing to say the least .. ?  Pandemic  ,, will it ever be over . ?
Report HGS April 4, 2021 11:04 AM BST
I worry it may not be jim and the game is a lot poorer for it. Still a lot to do to qualify but there is  a glimmer at least now. Regards Klopp, really hope he fulfils this and with a bit of luck another contract. Ideal situation for me would be Gerrard to assist somehow in his final season before taking over. Hopefully a while off yet. Cheers.
Report lump0n April 4, 2021 11:30 AM BST
People talking about Gerrard coming to be boss are just on another planet. What has Gerrard done in management. He won the SPL in a 2 team league....with a very poor Celtic team. Liverpool could more or less get anyone now so what would you do if you paid the wages.........

Tes, Gerrard moves on and does a great job somewhere else and has earned his stripes then yes.....get him in. End of Klopp's contract is just too soon.
Report HGS April 4, 2021 11:42 AM BST
As said lump, hopefully Klopp will have another contract and Stevie comes in later. That's an ideal world for me, doesn't have to be for everyone.
Report rommel April 4, 2021 11:45 AM BST
please not gerrard,we appoint the best manager out there,based on his managerial ability
Report grumpyjim April 4, 2021 10:26 PM BST
you need at least a form manager who knocks teams into shape and gets good players playing for him .. Eats and Sleeps FOOTBALL  YOU have managers that played for club before ..      New broom for club is answer he has to work hard to win over the area clubs in  ,and the loyal fans ..  ..DOUBTFUL about  GERRARD  as well too soon now  . more to prove .. PRICE IS KLOPPF  to stay put for a bit .. ? .Hard going for clubs in the present climate . continuing  a bit still if only around 30 percent fans allowed . Funny Time for all .
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 5, 2021 10:35 AM BST
Don't get the negativity over Gerrard. Whichever way you cut it, he's done very well at Rangers so far to knock them into shape and overturn Celtic's dominance. I don't think anyone wants him in tomorrow, but another winning season or two up there, followed by a step up to someone else could see him in good stead. He knows the club, would earn the respect of anyone who walked through the door and has hopefully learnt from some of the best managers of the last twenty years. If he can fit in with Edwards and co, and sit well with the long term vision of our strategy, rather than want to start again, then he'd tick a lot of boxes.
Report rommel April 5, 2021 11:47 AM BST
dont get why everyone is so set on SG to be a future manager at anfield
Report duncan idaho April 5, 2021 11:56 AM BST
Gerrard winning the Prem as manager with Lucas on the coaching staff is one of the few things left worth dreaming about Love
Report pushkin99 April 5, 2021 9:33 PM BST

Apr 4, 2021 -- 5:04AM, HGS wrote:

I worry it may not be jim and the game is a lot poorer for it. Still a lot to do to qualify but there is

Report pushkin99 April 5, 2021 9:35 PM BST
Wonderful easter weekend and footie results too boot, could hardly have been better.

Still plentyy to play for, next four games crucial to that. Qualification and 6 points is whet we have to be hoping for................its surely a possibility?
Report grumpyjim April 5, 2021 10:34 PM BST
Rangers not a great side .. but a Win is just that .. LIKE S.G.  style and how he conducts himself will go down well when he reaches ANNFIELD which loka a time thing .  agree who said win a 2 team league ..  that somes up how bad game is in that area .. FUNNY   International side playing their best for 30 plus years .  but still dross .
Report SontaranStratagem April 5, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Don't think Pool will worry about West Hams win, I think Leicester will collapse and repeat last season all over again.
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:52 AM BST
so what do we think tonight?win lose or draw they could be well sh****d ooot agin villa on sat
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:53 AM BST
good job its 4 days break
Report HGS April 6, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Indeed and the Villa a bit of a bogey side for us. Hopefully Grealish still out. Anyway, cross that bridge when we get to it. Tonight a tough one to call and don't think many results would surpriseme. Couple of away goals won't go amiss. He must be tempted to start with Jota?
Report rommel April 6, 2021 11:50 AM BST
think were we'd be if we'd had jota all these weeks
Report rommel April 6, 2021 11:51 AM BST
getting butterflies,madrid in madrid-dont get bigger
Report lurka April 6, 2021 12:07 PM BST
it's not in the bernebeu so it does really. well beatable
Report rommel April 6, 2021 12:10 PM BST
still real madrid pal,still i learnt summat....
Report pushkin99 April 6, 2021 12:22 PM BST
Things maybe starting to look up a bit. A least it is away tonite, so hopefully we continue to build on our recent roll.
Report Latalomne April 6, 2021 1:43 PM BST
Varane out for them due positive COVID test.
Report vidou April 6, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Looks like Varane is out with Covid so that evens things up a bit - they've lost both first choice CB's as well now
Report vidou April 6, 2021 1:50 PM BST
Ooops - old news ffs Laugh
Report rommel April 6, 2021 1:52 PM BST
sun has got his hat on....
Report loui April 6, 2021 6:18 PM BST
We're back scoring, and looking better balanced, I say go for the jugular reds
Report rommel April 6, 2021 6:45 PM BST
monnn you flippn reds(watching my p's n q's),might go all in,reds-3
Report loui April 6, 2021 7:22 PM BST
Keita for Tbiago is big surprise but means Klopp is on their case
Report loui April 6, 2021 8:02 PM BST
The officials want us to win, they've got our away kits on
Report Latalomne April 6, 2021 8:25 PM BST
Kabak's done well a couple of times already
Report Latalomne April 6, 2021 8:47 PM BST
Plain
Report HGS April 6, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Utter garbage that half. Can't deal with a couple of balls over the top. Sad
Only plus is we can't be as bad second half. Happy
Report rothko April 6, 2021 8:50 PM BST
gave the ball away so many times

cant judge the pace of the pitch at all
Report rommel April 6, 2021 8:54 PM BST
got to score or were out
Report HGS April 6, 2021 9:56 PM BST
Much better 2nd half but result probably right. Shame really as all 3 goals for them were preventable. Poor defending first 2 and think Allison should've done better for the 3rd. Got the away goal though, so not quite done and dusted but will have to be a lot better at Anfield. Madrid kept the ball very well. Patience will be the key. No 12th man to help this time either.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 6, 2021 10:01 PM BST
Credit to Zidane imo. I reckon they sprung a real surprise on us.

We were clearly expecting the usual Madrid. Midfield controlling, lots of passes, wanting to dominate. Hence we pick Keita and Jota as we're expecting a more counter attacking style was needed. Instead, Zizou's been watching Burnley and Brighton. Their midfield sit back ten yards deeper and were just smashing the ball upfield. Jota doesn't get a kick and Keita just isn't the guy to control games. If we knew they'd have played like that Thiago and Firmino would have started, but a bit of nous from their coach has done us imo.

At least should know what to expect next week.
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:08 PM BST
still in it and we shouldnt be,v v poor tonight,shambolic at the back,rm hopefully rue not killing it off,squealing tw***
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:09 PM BST
the taa booking a sickener
Report loui April 6, 2021 10:11 PM BST
They're great at keeping the ball, we got reminded of out missing players tonight, all their goals could have been stopped, but we got a chance still though. They'll happily play on the break next week
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 6, 2021 10:11 PM BST
Rio just read my postExcitedBlush
Report HGS April 6, 2021 10:12 PM BST
An utter embarrassment that romm.
Report pushkin99 April 6, 2021 10:12 PM BST
barely in this. 3-1 in about the 80% zone IMVHO. We just about still havea chance...........................
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:16 PM BST
famous last words but can we play as poorly next week,jurgy got a lot to learn from that,so by no means over,monnn you reds,the away goal was vital
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 6, 2021 10:16 PM BST
PMSL

Well beat tonight and the great Terence Trent Darby utter sh1ite in defence again.  Made my night this has.  Your lot barely mustered a shot!

As The Stones would say 'It's All over Now'

Klopp must be sacked soon surely too, what a night.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Lou is that the best you can do you fookin handbag
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:18 PM BST
make that you f****** c****** tw****** handbag
Report loui April 6, 2021 10:19 PM BST
And a schizo
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 6, 2021 10:24 PM BST
Such a shame!

LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:25 PM BST
rm got el classico at the w/e,lubbly
Report rommel April 6, 2021 10:27 PM BST
city might well be out,ul pep
Report Capt__F April 6, 2021 10:44 PM BST
NEVER underestimate Jurgen

not over yet !
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 6, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Capt__F 06 Apr 21 21:44 

NEVER underestimate Jurgen

not over yet !

"We've got people on the pitch they think it's all over ............... IT IS NOW"!

PMSL
Report HGS April 7, 2021 12:38 AM BST
As has been said, come back from worse positions than this, but without the fans it's a tall order. You never know.
Report rommel April 7, 2021 10:22 AM BST
we can improve on every aspect of that performance last night,tactics formation personnel,the tie should be over,well you dont let teams off the hook in this comp
Report rommel April 7, 2021 10:23 AM BST
the keita hook on 42 mins-odd
Report pushkin99 April 7, 2021 12:45 PM BST
U are sooooo right HGS.

Walking round the ground pre-match against Barca, you could sense that though we had not given up hope, no one was really giving us much chance of qualifying (if any). The Barca fans sensed 'knew' they were through too. And we all know what happened next.

This time though, and even though we have an away goal rather than 3-0, its gonna be very tough indeed without our fantastic home support.
Report loui April 8, 2021 12:21 PM BST
Lot of people reckon Mane has long covid, and that's why he's not in form. Probably 20% below. Would explain why he seems so off balance, keeps falling over
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 8, 2021 4:38 PM BST
Yes his balance seems to go moreso when he's in the Penalty box.  Must have caught the 'bug' off of Mo Salah eh?
Report HGS April 8, 2021 4:54 PM BST
He's actually one of the few in the game lou who doesn't go down easy. Could have had many a penalty this season if he had. Salah, yes no problem in doing so.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 8, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Can't have that loui. Bit too convenient. Surely if he was showing signs of being unfit or ill in training he wouldn't be starting every game. Think it's more like so many others in the team; he's played so much and ran so hard in the last 3 years he's just desperate for a break to re-charge his batteries. I also think his confidence is a bit low given how he needs to take an extra touch in the box this year.
Report rothko April 8, 2021 5:53 PM BST
Long Covid the go to excuse now for a nation for being **** at work Laugh

Mane just having a bad season and trying too hard now

Klopp just go the selection wrong and didnt read the real madrid tactics
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 5:57 PM BST
"Lot of people reckon Mane has long covid, and that's why he's not in form."

lol seriously is this something liverpool fans are talking about?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 8, 2021 6:16 PM BST
HGS

Fair enough re Mane.  Salah is murder for it though.  Shame as he's been a great player, likeable enough sort too so shame he spoils himself by being known for his diving.
Report loui April 8, 2021 6:28 PM BST
My lad goes on twitter etc, and said some were saying about it, seeing if anyone had heard similar. Totally agree the club would be right on it he did, and would be rested. He had some bad mis-controls other night, looked a bit out of sorts, and has been generally this season. He's usually very dynamic, hoping he's raring to go Saturday. Got to keep taking points
Report loui April 8, 2021 6:30 PM BST
Also hoping Salah isn't getting dragged to the Olympics with Egypt
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 6:37 PM BST
loui i think long covid is nonsense

if all long covid does is take the edge off your game, if you are still able to play elite sports, it cant be very serious

even if it did exist, there's no way of proving he has it or testing for it
Report loui April 8, 2021 8:17 PM BST
Long covid is when people have had covid, but still have some of the symptoms for quite a while after. Lingering cough, tight chest. Some have said they have memory problems, feeling listless. Suppose everyone has different levels of the virus.
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 8:58 PM BST
they've gone to people who had covid and asked them a few months later "are you 100%, do you still have any symptoms at all, even fatigue"

25% responded yes

media are trying to convince us a million people in the uk now have some sort of debilitating long term disease
Report rothko April 8, 2021 9:08 PM BST
its like any other virus not feeling 100% after

know a couple of young physically fit relatives who got wiped out with glandular fever who werent right for weeks after
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:16 PM BST
my daughter v fit and her bf triathlet suffeeing nearly 1 year after virus
their friend prof triathlete hasnt competed for 8 months

think this virus can affect the very fit
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:20 PM BST
capt f i don't know anything about your personal example, but the statistics show covid affects very few young people

the very fact they are halting the AZ vaccine for young people shows this

risk of clots is very small, but it is bigger than the risk from covid for young people, whcich is why AZ is not being used anymore

the idea pushed by this report, that there are 1 million people in the uk with serious long term issues from covid, is ludicrous
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:21 PM BST
how do you know it was covid that did this to them?
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:22 PM BST
how sick were they with covid? were they in hospital?
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:23 PM BST
i dont but the both junior Dr and very fit seems starnge they all suffering long term
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:24 PM BST
no not hospitalised
Report Giuseppe April 8, 2021 10:47 PM BST
what symptoms do they have?
Report Capt__F April 8, 2021 10:56 PM BST
not sure they live away lethargic prob 80% what they were
theie friend who a pro athlete not competed since

my point is i may be wrong long covid can affect the fit

here endeth the lesson Guiseppe
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 10:26 AM BST
Said it on here before and got hijacked for alleged criticism.

Mane been way off it for a considerable period. Although nowhere near as bad as Firmino.

I personally think there is definitely a real problem in the front 3s relationship, it's very strained at best.

Mane feels Salah is not only greedy but over praised imo. He may be right but that's not the point,it cannot get in the way.

He also recently described Firmino as his favourite teammate,Bla bla, Firmino has had 1,2 good games in a year fgs.... Palace last one I can remember, been very very poor indeed.

Both have been utterly fantastic for Liverpool but unless theres an immediate upturn I think minimum 1 will be gone in summer.

Another 3 points would be very big indeed for CL Football.We need to pick up the pace and soon or were in no man's land next season.

Not good if looking to shake up the squad.
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 10:27 AM BST
Not all lost with Madrid tie, didnt think they were very good...

Unfortunately neither were we.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 9, 2021 1:15 PM BST
I imagine every attacking player in the world would describe Firmino as their favourite team mate. Does so much work to create space for others and make them look good.
Report jedi sophie April 9, 2021 6:32 PM BST
Up until this season couldn't agree more....

Not this though.

Fabulous player previous couple seasons.

Just miles off this.
Report HGS April 10, 2021 5:04 PM BST
Another tough watch. First half dominance, goal ruled out harshly by VAR, goal conceded keeper error. Sound familiar?

Credit to the lads for sticking to it and great goal by the man of the moment Trent.

Small relief but phew, tough to endure.
Report Capt__F April 10, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Left it late but result all that matters
TAACool
Report loui April 10, 2021 7:03 PM BST
Maybe his arm was offside, or they thought he was going to slamit in with his armpit. Games been hijacked by helmets
Report rommel April 10, 2021 7:27 PM BST
phew phew n phewww....
Report pushkin99 April 10, 2021 7:45 PM BST
A vital 3 points.

Whether it goes for or against your tem or not, 'these too close to call VAR decisions' have ruined the game. Thankfully, right result in the end today.

The unbeten home run now stands at one!
Report loui April 10, 2021 10:15 PM BST
Villa,s timewasting was painful 2nd half, was expecting 8 mins injury time before we scored winner, then thought fk when 5 went up. But we got there in the end in a quite strange game all round. We were far from clinical
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 10, 2021 11:00 PM BST
I actually quite enjoyed it. Had to laugh at half time after battering them, conceding to their one chance and having yet another ridiculous VAR go against us. Can only really laugh at that kind of thing and it pretty much summed up our season.
Second half was good as I thought our heads would have dropped and there was no way we were getting back into it but it was much more like last season. Performances were much better. I though Trent and Bobby both played well in particular. And then to get that winner, well that was nice too.
Report loui April 11, 2021 9:39 AM BST
Glad you managed to enjoy it pop, we got there in the end. Happy for Trent with that screamer. Why don't they say the whole torso has to be offside or that tiny bit and the head or a bit of leg would be more acceptable then. How does everyone think Madrid will line up on Wednesday, I'm expecting them to defend deep, and play on the counter. Our pressings going to have to be mega good to break up their really good passing game. First goal will be crucial. And first few tackles by us need to bite.
Report pushkin99 April 11, 2021 10:27 AM BST
Just watced re-run of MoTD on BBC catch up and the VAR decisions against us and Fulham look worse and worse on each viewing.

I am sure Madrid will play on the counter, much as they did against Barca last nite loui. The tie is certainly not over, and if we can take the confidence from at last winning at home into the match anything is possible but 3-1 is a big advantage.
Report loui April 11, 2021 10:45 AM BST
We can't let them getting into the passing rhythm push, got to be closer and snapping at their heels, their right wing back Luis Vasquez got injured last night, don't rhk k he'll make. Might be better for Jota.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 11, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I think that was the plan last week though. Keita was in there to be busy and snatch the ball off them, then we had Jota in as an extra runner/finisher. As a tactic it's fine. Unfortunately Naby is just not tactically switched on and let Kroos dominate him. I'd be tempted to leave Gini out after his last couple of games. Would be nice to start Milner, so he can put a sharp tackle in and also for his leadership. The other one who would be good potentially would be Ox, but he's clearly just nowhere near the right level given he's been fit for months but isn't getting a look in.
Report loui April 11, 2021 11:18 AM BST
Milner is a good shout he had a good solid game yesterday. Fabinho was surprisingly ineffective against them, I'm hoping for a lot more from him in return leg. There was mistakes all over the pitch last week, but game was ultimately won in midfield. Maybe stopping Kroos could be pivotal on the night
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 11, 2021 12:33 PM BST
I think when we lose Milner and Henderson we're gonna lose a huge amount. Always feels a bit prehistoric to be thinking about getting English players in but I think we need to think about it. Neither VVD or Gini have impressed me as stand in captains. Maybe when Trent goes to midfield he gets the armband, but he's still young and finding his way. We need a proper organiser and someone who will make sure players are training properly when Hendo is gone.
Report jedi sophie April 11, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Wheres Hendo going like?

Surely 2,3 years left,especially playing where he does.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com