Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 22:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 1:19 PM GMT
Watch out rothko. Que the abuse, swearing, insults, made up accusations and highly offensive language from her...........
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 1:25 PM GMT
Alisson
N Williams
R Williams
Phillips
Robertson
Milner
Wijnaldum
Shaqiri
Keita
Salah
Jota
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 1:27 PM GMT
Which in theory leads to the strongest subs bench in a very long time:

Fabinho
Thiago Alcántara
Mané
Adrián
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Jones
Tsimikas
Origi
Alexander-Arnold

No Bobby though? Dropped, injured or something else?
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
Ahhh, a minor 'knock'. More tactical in my view.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 7, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
Can't believe he's dropped so many.  I know they could argue they need a rest (although I've never understood how someone can't play 90 mins of football then again on average of three and a half days later?) but there's only four of the best Eleven playing.  I know three are injured but it still means he's rested four players in such an important game when they need a push.  No wonder they drifted from 1.49 to 1.70 at the off.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
Klopp has relied on the 'best 11 available' since Christmas lou. It might not work, but many of our so called stars needed the proverbial kick up the backside.

If it works great, IMVHO Klopp had to try something.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 2:13 PM GMT
1.78 - 1.79 now; even I am temped by that, even though Fulham have already created a couple of chances.
Report jedi sophie March 7, 2021 2:25 PM GMT
Excited

Old Pushy....

The Forum stalker warning others of the perils.

Could not make it up....

GrinHappyLaugh

Cue the endless copy n paste drivel.

Groundhog day the match, much changed,similar feel....
Report sixtwosix March 7, 2021 2:47 PM GMT
Well at least Thiago is not to blame .......
Report HGS March 7, 2021 2:48 PM GMT
Bad fek up that by Salah for their goal but you'd be hard pushed to say they don't deserve it Fulham. Had nearly all the decent chances in that half and Lookman is running the left hand side. Bad to worse. Sad
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
Only tactic left. Go out for a walk and when I return......................
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 2:50 PM GMT
least klopp doesnt have to walk,if they lose this 6 games at home without a win must be a sacking job
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
This is what I've been talking about..
Report rothko March 7, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
our 7th and 8th choice centre halfs just not good enough

team doesnt look balanced at all
Report sixtwosix March 7, 2021 3:02 PM GMT
Liverpool first team to have injuries to keep players ....shame they have no backup players......or their own fault for buying rubbish.
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
On a brighter note. Thank you pushkin; I had forgotten that Souness left Liverpool before Heysel. For sure, Liverpool were the best UK club side I ever saw, with Souness, so '83/'84 must have been the apex.

I had to check when he left, and stumbled on one of the reasons:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/04/02/i-went-there-and-found-it-easy-how-graeme-souness-mastered-calcio-at-sampdoria/

Apparently his wife had inherited so much money, they were advised to flee the UK for tax-reasons! I never knew that.
Souness was a great player - you couldn't replace all he did with any one other player - but was always money obsessed? You guys would have a better idea about that.
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:32 PM GMT
i was mystified a month ago, now it's just plain inbelievable, no top side regardless of injuries should be playing so poorly, there are plenty of other first team players out there and the ones coming in have something to prove, this side has no b@lls, no desire and no idea of how to change it
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 3:41 PM GMT
"Strongest subs bench in a very long time " But reluctant to use em, obviously with the Leipzig game in mind.
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
they'd better win the tournament outright because the way things are going they won't be qualifying next season through the league
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
got to feel sorry for anyone going for an extra long shoite,they missed l,pools domination of EPL
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
Are Liverpool winning on % possession?
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
i think they are miles ahead on excuses
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
Yeah 60 -40 was about level at halftime
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 3:44 PM GMT
Sorry, above question especially for Angoose.
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
aha
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
POOLS GOAL SCORING record at home alone shows klopp is no world beating coach,hit and hope crosses in to box from robertson/trent seems to be the full extent of their tactics/ability
Report jedi sophie March 7, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
2 goals in 7,8 games at home I think..big big issue.against one possibly 2 top sides.

I mustve missed the plentiful supply of goals from the centre halves over past 3 seasons!!
That carried us to the trophies. That obsession is nuts.

The 2 centre halves today been as good as any, were not scoring goals for goodness sake. Dont even look like scoring goals. At home,again.

Woefully poor,slow,laboured, zero dig,zero courage,what excuses can we make for this? These guys tired? Fans? Confidence?

Totally gutless. A dream to pull on that shirt, at least look like it means something, please.....players out there not turning it in, not giving the best, hiding.

We look absolutely where we are, a mid table team,and have done for 3 months...totally shocking. Pundits, comms dont even know what to say,scared to say what they really think.

From where we were and how we looked it is literally unbelievable, like watching a different group of players.

I'll look forward to the positives on here....
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
they are (were) a fantastic team, especially going forward, this has been utter pants
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
full backs were punting balls in the box hoping for a  break of the ball like robertson and trent 50 years ago and at least theynhad the prospect of a big centre forward get a head on it
Report G Hall March 7, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
The worst defending champions off the premier league era.
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
if this were man utd i'd just laugh and assume it's nothing different to their post fergie norm, but for liverpool it's unreal , sorry
Report sixtwosix March 7, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
That is one very sour club , yet another bottom 6 team made to look world class ......your players have become a disgrace.
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 3:56 PM GMT
maybe not UTD but seems to be fergie time. 99 mminutes and counting.Has there been many stoppages ?
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 3:56 PM GMT
Liverpool players clearly focussed on Champions League campaign.

Could they even f**k qualification up? It may not be that fanciful:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.176891258
Report rothko March 7, 2021 3:57 PM GMT
The 2 centre halves today been as good as any

what game were you watching. their distribution  was aweful
Phillips passed it more to fulham players first half
slow and poindeerous
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:57 PM GMT
i get fans supporting klopp he's been immense unti this period, but i saida few weeks ago on this thread, he's changed since xmas and something isn't right with the mentality of this squad
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
resting players for a game your 2 zip up in doesnt inspire confidence you have aspirations of winning ch lg
Report rothko March 7, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
one thing Fabinho MUST play centre mid
in the short cameo he won more ball than the rest of the midfield
Report elise March 7, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
only saving grace for lpool today might be utd ending the city run
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
elise do you think the 2 centre backs he bought were really on his xmas wish list ? Perhaps thats why he seems different.
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
if pool buy a few more centre backs in window
training will be
skins v centre backs  LaughLaugh
Report MGIA March 7, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
Didn't see that coming.
Report elise March 7, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
no but rob, with respect the team is 11 players not 2, you cannot pin the form of this team on a few injuries, the whole lot look like they couldn't care less
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
Sheff Utd were level with L'pool on consecutive home games lost, gone into 2nd now, sure they're gutted.
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
was talking about klopps mentality elise  not the team.
Report 1st time poster March 7, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
trents been shoite for 10 months
Report HGS March 7, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
elise, that will not be a saving grace. City are already champions in my book.
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
you said he had changed since crimbo
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
at least pushy had decent weather for his walk .
Report elise March 7, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
just want to be clear , i am shocked, not enjoying their demise, i would much prefer to see them on city's case going for the title than see what as a football fan amounts to abdication
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:04 PM GMT
City p5ssing the league
even got a fully fit squad nowLaugh
Report elise March 7, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
im hoping man utd end the run today, financially at least
Report keano712 March 7, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
Was only a year ago when people were marvelling at liverpools strength and depth when they played youngsters in the cup.
Report ZEALOT March 7, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
I can’t believe so many adults talk about WE AND US when referring to a football team full of overhyped foreigners who are only bothered about the money . Money has killed the game stone dead and it’s only going to get worse . I would rather read a magazine on knitting than have a life watching the pathetic prem .
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
Couldn't agree more
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
except for the knitting Confused
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
cant see it elise
City far superior to utd
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
^^Couldn't agree more unfortunately
Report HGS March 7, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
Just been sent a whatsapp. (Amazing the amount you get when doing bad!) It is some stat if true.

Wigans win today means that Liverpool are now the team with the fewest home points of any team in Englands top four divisions in 2021. Yes, that's 92nd out of 92 for the year. Sad
Report elise March 7, 2021 4:09 PM GMT
just hoping the run ends at some point, a derby as good as any chance to see it, giving it a go anyhow
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
Utd will defend deep and try to hit them on the break

depends on citys approach to committing numbers forward
Report elise March 7, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
should i suppose say well done fulham, took advantage good for them
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
Would be nice to see a manchester derby with at least a few Mancunians on the pitch, Rashford the only likely one I guess.
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 4:12 PM GMT
There's been a change this season. Playing "without the ball" has become much more viable.

So, upcoming, Manchester United will surely try to take all of the football out of the game, play for 0-0 (or 1-0 if they get really lucky) and, unfortunately, for reasons not yet fully evident, have a good chance of pulling it off.

Look at the two crap EPL games so far. Look at the reverse fixture. Manchester United will be gagging to derail City's winning run.

I'm on 0-0 at 14
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:15 PM GMT
agree UB

Utd know that they cant compete with City so will try to spoil the game and nick it
Utd are well organised and a physical side
Report Callisto-moon March 7, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
you bunch of mugs sack klopp hes costing me my bets now.
Report sixtwosix March 7, 2021 4:20 PM GMT
Liverpool fans putting more effort in on here than the 'shower' playing for their team since August and being paid a fortune for it.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 4:21 PM GMT
Back to the drawing board.

It's gotta be bad when the well known tactic of going for a walk and coming back later fails so miserably.
Report Callisto-moon March 7, 2021 4:23 PM GMT
utter bunch of bottlers
Report Callisto-moon March 7, 2021 4:23 PM GMT
utter bunch of bottlers
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:29 PM GMT
its not a question of effort just quality
confidence is a fragile thi8ng in football
I cant remember a worst injury list in all the time I have watched football and thats a long time
I remember Jose coming to anfield and having to play Essien centre half with all their resources -  we beat them easily

The previous 3 seasons have been fantastic and if we have to rebuild then so be it - 100 per cent behind Klopp
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 4:32 PM GMT
Thanks redrob, it's been pretty sunny all day as well.
Report Latalomne March 7, 2021 4:33 PM GMT
Trouble is, Rothko, he's not going to want to stay if the board aren't going to back him.
Report SontaranStratagem March 7, 2021 4:33 PM GMT
Klopp looks mentally drained Sad sad to see him like that because he's been something different at least

I think he wants a rest
Report sixtwosix March 7, 2021 4:34 PM GMT
confidence is a fragile thi8ng in football.....pathetic and inaccurate reason ,if multi millionaires cannot motivate themselves you have a big problem.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 4:34 PM GMT
Indeed rothko. The last three seasons under Klopp have been stupendous. Scenes I feared I would never see again.

Agreed Lat, the purse strings need loosening. A rest for Klopp is needed too.
Report REDROB March 7, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
I think they need to cover the "This is Anfield" sign up. Trick em into thinking they're away. Laugh
Don't take offence guys, only a joke.
Report rothko March 7, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
maybe he will walk Lat
hes had a lot to put up with and has to put his health first

just cant wait for the crowds to get back and its been too long now for me
some of these PL results would be a lot different with crowds
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 4:40 PM GMT
So, the Manc Derby provides the classic spectacle of attack v defence.

United, clearly the inferior team, have a great chance of protecting 0-1 for 90 minutes.
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
I've spunked my bet on 0-0, had another on 0-1 @16.
Report elise March 7, 2021 5:51 PM GMT
have another go
Report unitedbiscuits March 7, 2021 6:25 PM GMT
I did. Backed 0-3@65.

Relax, unzip and knock one out, elise.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
Laugh nice one UB. I have been on the voddies since our latest debacle, so would be unable to do that even if I wanted to. And it's a school nite, albeit I am still WFH. Rumours are we will be allowed back in the office soon though, and the cases made to return before the last lockdown remain valid.

u gave me a right old laugh mind UB, so thanks for that..................................
Report loui March 7, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
The small plus point today, and the only one was that when Fabinho came on. He instantly had an effect on things, and dominated for the last 15. Like a rudder on a listing ship. A few small things like that might add to a lot one day in the not too distant.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
Spot on loui. Fabinho been sorely missed in mid field. Hopefully he is as influential on Wednesday where he belongs. RB Leipzig not out of this yet.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 8:05 PM GMT
If we can get past Leipzig, it;s on a bit of a wing and a prayer at the moment, but who knows? Especially if we are lucky enough to avoid Bayern until the cavalry arrives.
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
nice one Palace. not that it matters any longer with our top 4 chances.
Report mecca March 7, 2021 8:13 PM GMT
I got nothing to say..... just wanted to be the 10,001st poster on here
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
well done mecca
Report pushkin99 March 7, 2021 8:21 PM GMT
I guess that makes me the 10,000 post on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infamy, they have all got it infamy...........................
Report SontaranStratagem March 7, 2021 8:35 PM GMT
Leipzig were poor in the 1st leg and they might now be concentrating on the league? only a point behind Bayern so they've got that to fight for
Report Capt__F March 7, 2021 8:48 PM GMT
won 3-0 away yesterday
not over thisSad
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 8, 2021 12:02 AM GMT
Very poor today I don't see how you can blame that on lack of Center Halves.  I thought it was a mistake to drop half the team when Top 4 was a priority surely.  You still have a chance but it's looking slim now unless they really get their a$$es into gear.

Can understand the drop in quality as they've been so good for two or three years and having  the players out injured but can't understand that much of a drop.
Report duffy March 8, 2021 1:47 AM GMT
Your last 6 games home gamesShocked

LLaughL

LExcitedL

LHappyL

Wink
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2021 6:35 AM GMT
Same old, same old. CryCryCry

Klopp showing he's not even a man of honour - any decent person have resigned weeks ago and certainly after yesterdays calamity.Angry

Jurgen Klopp - YNWA*

*the WA does not stand for walk alone.Devil
Report pushkin99 March 8, 2021 9:25 AM GMT
After 5 years of saying virtually the same thing in every post - and despite Klopp delivering the CL and then our Holy Grail of the PL - the United troll has at long last dropped his pretence of being a Liverpool fan.

Small mercies.
Report rommel March 8, 2021 12:06 PM GMT

Mar 8, 2021 -- 2:47AM, duffy wrote:

Your last 6 games home gamesLLLLLL

pardon

Report rommel March 8, 2021 12:07 PM GMT
weve gotta sign this Olly chap,in 24 hours hes transformed them,if only theyd got thru the group stage of the cl leagueLaugh
Report rothko March 8, 2021 2:15 PM GMT
Klopp showing he's not even a man of honour
yes you know a lot about honour Laugh

unclepuncle
08 Jan 19 12:39
If Itchy Feet even gets placed in the Supreme I will never post on here again, and unliket that ****  I123 I will be a man of my word
Keep you fingers crossed
Report pushkin99 March 8, 2021 2:28 PM GMT
u should know by now rothko, there is no honour among the forum trolls.....................
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com