Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 22:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 18, 2021 8:41 PM GMT
rommel

I'm not saying anything bad though like you would call us 'Man Ure' for instance?  I'm just joining in the discussion and trying to be non biased, just speak the truth.

I was just saying that from the little I see of Liverpool IMO Mane is the main threat, he's a great player yet Salah seems to get the plaudits.
Report rommel January 18, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
never called you man ure lou,might call you yerniited now n again
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 18, 2021 8:54 PM GMT
Ok fair enough my apologies
Report rommel January 18, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
Lou you still thnk Ole is the deal or would you get ird,no doubting you have improved lately and you may keep it going all season,i sound like a nutter for banging on about this but i just dont get rashford
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 18, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
I'd keep Ole without a shadow of a doubt.  Can't argue when they're surely improving, perhaps a bit unlucky to go out of a very hard group in Champion's League, three Semi Finals last year, one already this year I just don't see what more can fans want.

Regarding Rashford I agree that often he does very little, loses control of the ball.  Same with Martial, can be fabulous but often does nothing and doesn't seem bothered.  Bruno too I think is over hyped, gets lots of goals but two thirds of them are free shots from 12yds which must of us reading this could knock in.  Of course they can all play on their day but I agree they're all three of them not great are they.
Report rommel January 18, 2021 9:08 PM GMT
Lou theres no excuse for the cl exit.6 games-dont blame luck
Report rommel January 18, 2021 9:09 PM GMT
if its a tough group,tough,deal with it
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 18, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
Not so much luck but had the toughest group and fcked up being beat away at the Turkish club with a laughable goal after getting off to such a good start beating the other two teams.
Report Capt__F January 18, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
need a bounce back Thursday- rest front 3 imo Shaq Origi Mini up front - need to get our spark back
Report pushkin99 January 18, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
Not a bad shout Capt__F. At least one or two need a bit of a jolt...............
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 19, 2021 8:32 AM GMT
Don't think I'd rest them all. I'd maybe think of altering slightly and going 4-2-2-2 with Shaq and Ox behind (and a bit wide of) Mane and Salah. Maybe Henderson and Thiago in midfield. Can probably afford one of the slow kids at the back in this one.
Report jedi sophie January 19, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
The front 3 need to play themselves back in to form.
Quickly.
They wont be training hardly, certainly not with intensity, time for all 3 to step up.
Get us back rolling.

And not just them either, both full backs been belie par too. There absolutely critical to how we play, delivery been dreadful,decision making worse. I think its been a big factor in front 3 looking so poor, service been poor.

Tough game again, Spurs away to follow, City 3 comfortable fixtures ahead. Huge few weeks....
Report jedi sophie January 19, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
No reinforcements forthcoming it seems....
Maybe if one goes out unexpectedly...?
Report pushkin99 January 20, 2021 10:26 AM GMT
As good and skilful as Thiago undoubtedly is, I remain unconvinced that Klopp can accommodate his talents into his preferred gegenpressing style of play.

It's a little frustrating that the front three are all a bit off colour at the same time and not taking the chances that have come their way. In addition though, it seems to me that the quick and incisive attacks stemming from 3 less skilful but hard running/working/ballwinning midfielders, plus two wing backs, has significantly reduced in the last few games.

Klopp seems likely to persist with Thiago again tomorrow, so hopefully we will see more of an end product with some chances taken.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 20, 2021 12:13 PM GMT
I think Thiago is a great player, watched him for Bayern many times and even against United he was good in the first half although petered out a bit after.

I think Liverpool need a Midfielder with a bit of guile and could easily play him alongside say Henderson and Wynaldum which would be a good three.
Report hello :-) January 20, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
watched pool last few games to me they not doing much wrong , just no luck around opp box and obv weakened defensivly without VVD

still playing sides to death and still work hard in and out of possession
Report pushkin99 January 20, 2021 1:04 PM GMT
When it looked likely Thiago was signing for Liverpool, I was concerned this would involve a bit of tinkering with the style of play that has been so successful for Liverpool over the last 3 to 4 years.

I guess to stay successful, all good teams need to adapt. So, on the plus side, I thought the additional guile Thiago could provide would be useful in unlocking tough defences we were struggling to break down in tight games. Similar to the last four. There is time yet, and Thiago has been subject to a number of niggling injuries so hopefully we will once again see this working and helping to produce decent results again.
Report allyp January 20, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
I think Thiago has shown enough in his appearances so far to indicate he will be an asset. I didn't agree with Haman the other day in his assessment, suggesting he was a bad fit. It was all bit simplistic and "football manager" analysis for me. Thiago has shown in games he is very quick and efficient in moving the ball and keeping the tempo up from what I have seen - more than anything we have I'd say. Not this possession obsessed ticky-tacki.

I think everything that is wrong has been covered and its not one simple issue - agree the full-back delivery has been poor or below previous standards, front 3 not quite firing and think Jedi is spot on  with how they should be handled.

Henderson / Fabihno placing as centre halves is a big factor as well as obviously losing first choices.  Carragher threw up a stat regards Bobby and his counter-pressing stats being way down. I thin this is possibly stemming from back right through the front. I suspect the counter pressing stats (and resultant chances / goals) will be down right across the front three.

Is there fatigue as well>? Possibly. Add in a collective drop in belief  / confidence then and throw it all together and you can see why it's not right.

Klopp said in an interview recently he could count in 1 hand the amount of times everything has been perfect in the lead up to a game, and problems / challenges are normal at a football club. He has proven himself time and time again that he can lead through the storm and whip up a storm if necessary.  I've no doubt he will do the same again.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 20, 2021 4:50 PM GMT
Yeah, I'm not really worried about Thiago. I think he's not quite 100% fit yet and Utd wised up and denied him space second half. That's all. I would say though that the midfield is missing the presence of Fabinho and Henderson. Literally two of the best midfielders in the world. Of course our midfield will be weaker without them in it. They're both the best at sitting 40 yards from the oppo's goal when we're attacking and denying them a way out as well as covering the space and allowing the full backs to menace upfield.

We really could do with another decent CB and Matip staying fit for more than 5 minutes.
Report pushkin99 January 20, 2021 5:17 PM GMT
Given recent matches, a huge game now against Burnley. When the team would really have benefited in having a full house getting behind and lifting them. Sean Dyche will have his team pumped up and believing they can get something.
Report pushkin99 January 20, 2021 5:57 PM GMT
Pretty much everything has has gone right for the Manchester clubs in the last few weeks..................the trend 'has to be bucked sometime', so who knows and as unlikely as it seems maybe tonite a surprise result or two could be sprung?
Report Capt__F January 21, 2021 12:10 AM GMT
need a win tomorrow
Come on yoU REDS
Report pushkin99 January 21, 2021 7:06 PM GMT

Jan 18, 2021 -- 11:36PM, pushkin99 wrote:

Not a bad shout Capt__F. At least one or two need a bit of a jolt...............

Yours was a good shout indeed Capt__F.

Lets hope the re-invigoration starts from here!

Report loui January 21, 2021 7:27 PM GMT
Didn't know Hendo was injured, fresher payers getting a runout, can't really argue with that decision. At least Matips back too. Hopefully for a good while this time round
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 8:52 PM GMT
Well,,,at least were showing consistency....
Report buddeliea January 21, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
Can we actually get any worse?? Fecking awful !!!
Report buddeliea January 21, 2021 8:55 PM GMT
It’s embarrassingly bad!! Playing like they never played together last few games !!!
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 8:55 PM GMT
Not entirely sure I expected anything different...

Particularly against Burnley and with the team selection,  whatever the reasoning for it.
Report Latalomne January 21, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
That Origi chance Cry
Report Capt__F January 21, 2021 8:58 PM GMT
ashley barnes nasty bit of work
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
When does the cavalry arrive?55 minutes or so...
Report pushkin99 January 21, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
Apart from the gifted Origi chance, clearly lacking a cutting edge and end product.

Goals will come though, of that I remain convinced.
Report pushkin99 January 21, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
Whats happened to TAA crossing!
Report pushkin99 January 21, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
Burnley fully deserved their win tonite.

Our only two clear cut chances were simply as a result of their defensive mistakes. And we were still not sharp enough to take them.........................
Report Capt__F January 21, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
poor all over the pitch

keep the faith
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 21, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
Got to be honest I feel a little bit for Liverpool.  I see if with United, these teams pack the defence, have about 5 or 6 big 6ft 3" defenders in the middle against Liverpool's front 6 who must average about 5ft 8" and you just can't get through them.  Liverpool must have put about 30 crosses in and never really once even looked like scoring.

Gone are the days when the top teams would thrash the bottom because they basically park the bus so yes Liverpool weren't great but it is so difficult to break these sides down.
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
Not entirely sure why we kept putting crosses in though??

Especially when the delivery of both full backs has been appalling for most of this season, but beyond dreadful for a month...

Front 3 gone. Absolutely gone, not sure if it's the legs the head or have just quite simply thought can just turn up and turn it on. You cant.

But we are in big big trouble, no question.
Report loui January 21, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
That was the culmination of the last 4 weeks, at least the commentator won't be going on about unbeaten home record every game now.
Report David Icke January 21, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
Long way to go yet. Every team has been all over the place the first half of this season.
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
Think teams have absolutely worked us out. No question. Let them have it,especially wide,stay deep. Let them have it all day long. No one has the confidence or belief to try the different ball or trick normally would come easily.

It happened to City too.

Hence there different approach lately.
Report loui January 21, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
Hendo a big miss tonight
Report REDROB January 21, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
Top 4's no gimmee if they don't turn itr round a bit rapid.
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
3 years of continued success with fantastic highs along the way.

Cannot criticise too much....

But the well looks very very dry to me.

Horror schedule ahead in comparison to last month.
Report Latalomne January 21, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
I actually fancy us to turn it around against the better sides who want to play.  We've played a lot of bus-parkers in the last 5 or 6 weeks.
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
VVD loss beginning to be felt more and more keenly.

Squad depth just not there.

Both fullbacks and front 3 never ever rotated. Legs look gone, the press is completely gone altogether.

Very very strange indeed.

In better news we can be backed at double figures, beat spurs n City and back in it.ExcitedWink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 21, 2021 10:16 PM GMT
I often see Martial, Rashford, Greenwood do very little for United but I can't blame them too much as like I said I think it's so hard against these teams that just park the bus and all of their defenders seem about 6ft 3".  They had a good keeper too.  It's a bad result but not that bad I don't think.  You try crosses they don't work, you try little touches to each other round the area but one of the defenders sticks a leg out and they clear it.  Very difficult I think.
Report jedi sophie January 21, 2021 10:33 PM GMT
I also thought we gave Burnley a proper lift even before game started with selection....

Klopp will sort it out though.
Report pushkin99 January 21, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
After 30 years of hurt, I never thought I would ever see Liverpool crowned as English Champions again, let alone and at the same time also being honoured as World and European Champions.

Our team under Klopp has been amazing over the last 3 years and more. Yes it's been disappointing over the last few weeks but given the crucial absence of key players we are still doing ok overall. Once VVD was assaulted by Pickford at Goodison, compounded by the injury to Jota in a dead rubber in Denmark, I always felt it was totally unrealistic to expect Liverpool to retain the Title. Backing Liverpool at around evens and under never made sense to me.

Some will need their inflated expectations re-calibrated, but onwards and upwards Redmen and Redwomen. There is still plenty to play for and look forward to for this season.
Report unclepuncle January 21, 2021 11:40 PM GMT
Same old, same old.Cry
What is they say about trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?Devil

So that's now the legendary Dean Smith, Graham Potter, Scott Parker, Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce and now Sean Dyche that have proved better tacticians than Klopp.Shocked

Klopp has done great things for the club and may be unsackable to some, but the trouble is you stick with it for too long through sheer blind loyalty instead of taking decisive action when it is needed. Forest did it with Clough for example.
Report pushkin99 January 22, 2021 6:02 AM GMT
Just the Champions League and Premier League delivered by Klopp, not to mention Liverpool crowned as World Champions to boot as well.

Cheers very much to 'Same old, same old,' keep looking in on us jealously for as long as it takes your pain away HappyHappyHappy
Report buddeliea January 22, 2021 7:04 AM GMT
I’m going to stop watching football for a while now, that was the last straw last night. Been thinking for some time now how sh1tbthe game has become with no fans, VAR decisions and players cheating more and more. Just had enough. Personally I hope the authorities stop the game till fans are allowed back, it’s just not the game I have loved for near 60 years.
Will look out for results but no watching.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 22, 2021 8:28 AM GMT
Agree with sophie's 10.13 post.

This is a very tired team that has now lost all its confidence. Everyone's taking an extra touch, over-hitting passes, hiding rather than showing for passes. We've just lost our normal spark and ingeniuty. Haven't become a bad team obviously but in a real rut. Unfortunately, coming up against managers like Dyche who see their task as sticking eight men in the box couldn't be the worst opponent for us right now.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 22, 2021 8:34 AM GMT
I can get by with no fans but the cheating (every team does it) is just ridiculous.  I pointed out a little while ago that EVERY time a ball goes off for a throw in, corner every player raises his hand as shouts "Our ball".  I'd love to get one of the players after the game and play it back to him to show him appealing then ask how silly he feels claiming for something that definitely wasn't his.

A player gets touched in a tackle and shouts really loudly "AAAAHHHH".  This never happened till a few years ago and now of course everyone does it.

Players diving in the box, manhandling each other when a free kick or corner is coming.  I'm sure when I used to play football if you were good enough to dribble round someone then fair enough away you go it's called FOOTBALL after all but now if there's any chance of beating someone they simply foul you.

Up until very recently with VAR the keeper used to always dive early and off his line for a penalty, I suppose that's why more were saved.  At least now in theory if you move early, whcih you're not allowed to it will be taken again.

Packed defences where teams just can't get through them.  The difference between top and bottom these days is not that much as they're set up just not to lose.  I watch all of the United games and they could play Sheff' Utd, Fulham, Burnley, West Brom and there's nothing in it.  United are fortunate to be at the top.  Deflected goal against Burnley who as they like they did against Liverpool packed the defence with all of these big fellas and United couldn't get through them.

No football's not great is it.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 8:56 AM GMT

Jan 22, 2021 -- 8:04AM, buddeliea wrote:

I’m going to stop watching football for a while now, that was the last straw last night. Been thinking for some time now how sh1tbthe game has become with no fans, VAR decisions and players cheating more and more. Just had enough. Personally I hope the authorities stop the game till fans are allowed back, it’s just not the game I have loved for near 60 years.Will look out for results but no watching.

with you on this budd and i dont give a flip about sunday either

Report buddeliea January 22, 2021 9:13 AM GMT
Yeh I ain’t that bothered about Sunday either Romm.
It’s so sad for me thinking this way and something I never thought would happen. But the incessant cheating started this off, the way money has changed the game for me mostly for the worse with teams so desperate to stay in the top league which causes the sort of games like last night and countless others, then this ridiculous form of VAR we have and now the loss of the most important thing......the fans.
Until the cheating is somehow sorted and VAR as well plus the fans, I cannot see me changing my view.
I am done.
Report loui January 22, 2021 9:16 AM GMT
It's a shame Bournemouth & Norwich went down Angry
Report jedi sophie January 22, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Agree with nearly all you say Budd.
Fans in Anfiekd I dont think players get away with these performances.i really dont, they cant motivate themselves clearly with a trophy or 2 tucked away and tens of millions in bank.

As for Var, without a doubt the worst thing EVER to happen to football. Absolutely shameful how it is being implemented and sat alongside these barbaric rule changes I fully agree it is just not as enjoyable to watch.
Report jedi sophie January 22, 2021 9:28 AM GMT
Bayern about to nick in for Upemacano too.

Currently cannot, cannot believe we have not signed a CH.

Even for next season it's a dereliction of duty, VVD and Gomes coming back off season long injuries and going to pick up where left off? To be honest I thought Gomes was a liability long before he got injured.

Do not understand the thinking at all, completely killing our season and possibly next too. So we can make a few pounds in interest in tough times, my foot, made an absolute fortune over the last 3 years in particular.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 9:37 AM GMT
.....and lets not pile onto jnk too much either
Report jedi sophie January 22, 2021 9:46 AM GMT
No chance Romm.

Hands tied financially I assume?
Report rommel January 22, 2021 9:51 AM GMT
are we suddenly assuming that jnk's brain has turned to mush and he doesnt realise whats going on?cb cover etc...
Report rommel January 22, 2021 9:52 AM GMT
imagine theres plaenty there jed to cover what jnk would need.LETS NOT PANICCCCCCCCCCCC
Report rommel January 22, 2021 9:53 AM GMT
LETS not pay 90 mill for a maguire lookalike
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 22, 2021 9:56 AM GMT
Wish we'd never bought Maguire.  He's just a tall good header of the ball, other than that very average.  Would rather Ramos even for a couple of years.  No Harry not that great I'm afraid.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:00 AM GMT
Lou.what do you think sunday?cant think we wont give you a game but jeezus we need a change of mood,thought the anfield game suffered without the fans
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 22, 2021 10:04 AM GMT
I think I'd slightly fancy United of the two but it obvioulsy could go either way.  The bookies have them exact joint favourites so very close.

Think both teams will have strong line ups with perhaps United dropping a few though as I pointed out I don't think the replacements are any less than the best eleven.

Both seem to struggle up front at the moment so maybe another 0-0 even?
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:10 AM GMT
the fa means nothing to me now and just cos were playing you doesnt change anything,any top club fighting on 2 fronts should just slide out of it at the earliest oppo
Report allyp January 22, 2021 10:29 AM GMT
I can't have this "burnley deserved their win"stuff. Horrible to watch, add in the sh1thousery from the likes of Barnes - who must have been close to the second yellow just before HT btw, i think he remembered mid kick out he had a yellow in the bank. The combination of watching attack v defence in an empty stadium is really really poor to watch.

Anyway, in some ways the unbeaten record gone may be a blessing - would have been worse if it was last Sunday. Strange that Liverpool are top of the "big 6" mini league and probably bottom of the "bottom 6" mini league. Teams have us worked out, confidence, fatigue / burnout from two TOP TOP seasons, injuries, maybe 1-2 players short in key positions. I think this season now needs to be focused on top 4, a level of gradually rebuilding confidence and spirit. A chance to really give some minutes to fringe players and build their belief. While some perhaps aren't good enough, I do feel some need more of a run. At the same time, by all means if its right, buy now, and you have half a season to integrate a quality player to the group.

It could be said this season is a missed opportunity, but perhaps this is the season for reseting, implementing some longer term solidity. Laughable to hear goons on talk sport talking about the manager last night. Who else would you rather have right now? There's not one. The man rebuilt a fortress and will build it back up again.

I understand folks dissing the FA Cup, personally I would love an FA cup run, obviously a CL run would be better though!
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 22, 2021 10:32 AM GMT
May be like a couple of years ago where we struggle to break down the teams that come to defend and have much more joy against teams who fancy their chances. Could augur well for a CL run.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
cant have this oppo manager masterclass thing,were just off it up front mainly-nothing major.were missing one of the worlds top players.....the whole team has lost its shape,hendo having to come back etc...
Report allyp January 22, 2021 10:44 AM GMT
Fingers crossed. But if Atheletico come to town...?  Focus on set piece delivery and organisation would be great. Maybe saying teams have us figured out is too simplistic - tiring teams out by the constant shift of the ball and high tempo, regardless of how deep they are should make a difference.

Agree rommel, that alert Trevor Sinclair came on talksport this morning "Burnely deserved their win". Did they Fxxk.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
ally,who the f is that simon jordan on ts(right name?)sounds like another middle class twonk
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
ahh mouthy business man who is somehow an authority on footy.did describe the pool/utd game as pedestrian tho-no arguing with that
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 22, 2021 10:57 AM GMT
He's Crystal Palace Chairman or he certainly was.  He's been saying for ages on his show 'Sack Ole' but I suppose he has to turn his attention elsewhere at the moment.

Yes Burnley obviously very luck to win, at a push deserved a draw though I think.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 10:59 AM GMT
was it clough who said most chairman know f all
Report unitedbiscuits January 22, 2021 11:09 AM GMT
Disregarding the upcoming game against Manchester United (who cares about the FA Cup?) I think Klopp will set up to get 0-0 against Spurs and Manchester City.

It is very tiring, mentally, having to take the initiative for 90 minutes and can leave a team there for the taking in the last twenty - what almost happened against United happened against Burnley. Liverpool are not the most creative team in the league anyway, so I reckon they are going back to basics to break this sequence of trying and failing that has eroded confidence. The Leipzig ties are looming, so a couple of solid games against opposition doing the heavy lifting will be good for them.
Report john42 January 22, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
Obviously a very sad night,but its been on the cards for a while now,so many factors,poor form and individual performances,two exceptional years and perhaps a little burnout,many injury problems and I think maybe the biggest hit is lack of fans,the Anfield crowd are more than just an extra man to us.
Back to last night and one thing thats really bugging me is Thiago,in the few times hes played hes looked total class with passing that will unlock any defence,so what the hell was he doing playing most of the game in the centre circle,last nights game was exactly what he was bought for but he was awful.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 22, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
Yes I thought that with Thiago.  He's a really good playewr, watched him many times for Bayern yet he just sort of played Henderson's role just in front of the back four.  With his talent he should be further forward making things happen.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 11:30 AM GMT
a point about records.you win fa with records
Report Latalomne January 22, 2021 11:39 AM GMT
Thiago looks a bit angry and possibly a bit too fired up to me.  Everything we do (usually) is aggressive but controlled.  He looks a bit reckless in that role, IMHO.  Poss trying too hard. 

Whatever happens from here, if we're not going to bring a defender in, we have to get Hendo back into midfield (was said last night that even though Matip was available, Hendo would have played there if he'd been fit!).  Yes, Rhys looks slow, but apart from that, I don't think he's done much wrong, personally.  It's absolutely essential that Hendo gets back to setting the tempo, for me.
Report 3 valleys January 22, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
Who'd have thought that we'd be ruing the day we sold Lovren - but hindsight is a wonderful thing as we were all glad to see hime go at the time.
Desperately need an injection of confidence and we can get back in the groove but at the moment we just look stale and don't seem to have the guile to unlock packed defences that we seem to have to face every week
Report pushkin99 January 22, 2021 12:36 PM GMT
An oversight in not replacing Lovern last summer for sure, in part complicated by Covid-19 financial restrictions, but compounded significantly injuries to all the established CBs, with those CBs still available for selection not up to the job. I still don't think a January panic buy paying over the odds for a CB is the answer though. I trust the judgement of Klopp and Michael Edwards. They see what we see and I am sure they have identified who they want and need.

Liverpool supporters have become accustomed to the good times in the last few years, so this dip feels acutely painful. As has been indicated above, this has a year of consolidation feel about it with qualification for next seasons CL a must (and that is far from a certainty now) and maybe a cup run.
Report loui January 22, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
Think there's probably only 2 or 3 team good enough to win champs lge this year, and still think we're one of them. Obviously we have to get over this spell fairly qukckly
Report unitedbiscuits January 22, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
Klopp is a classy guy. His team overachieved for two mad seasons. But he speaks best when reality bites imo.
Report rothko January 22, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
losing our starting 2 centre halfs has unbalanced the team not in the way we thought it would do i.e. offensively
This would have an impact on any side in the world. Look at last year and the impact of losing Laporte had on City. Its took them some months to reorganise their defence to get it where it is now
Lovrens legs were going so not sure what use he would have been if he had stayed
Poor Trent is having a nightmare since his injury
Think Klopp may need to tinker with the shape and perhaps go for a double pivot if Fabinho is going to play centre half all season
4-2-3-1 is what weve played previously
Report rommel January 22, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
im a bit of an old c now so forgive me for not knowing what a pivot is n if yer going to double it too haha
Report rommel January 22, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
have you all see the r madrid defeat to a semi pro team in the cup(alcoyano)
Report rommel January 22, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXhuswqe7To
Report Latalomne January 22, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55770710

First sign that he's not happy with the backing he's getting?
Report unitedbiscuits January 22, 2021 5:08 PM GMT
Delta-3 series, saddleback-in, shallow hinge reverse.
Span out option, jumbo trap.
Report rommel January 22, 2021 5:09 PM GMT
interesting Lat,wel thats a dig i'd say if anything is,we might see some movement then
Report Anyska January 22, 2021 5:21 PM GMT
the high pressing game they play was always going to bite them in the ass
Report pushkin99 January 22, 2021 5:21 PM GMT
Very interesting indeed Lat, especially if Klopp and Michael Edwards have identified who they want and need.

Last nite was the culmination of what has been coming to us for a while. I am hopeful this was the nadir but I am not convinced. It is tempting to say that two tough games against both United and Spurs is what we need to inspire the team, but both are highly likely to be very defensive so we may just run into the same problems offensively.

Last nite I noted that Carragher referred to the 'Liverpool right back' several times without mentioning him by name. TAA has been a star performer and one of the main reasons for our stunning success. TAA has never been a fantastic defender, but last nite not only has his crossing yet again gone to pot, his energy in back tracing, tackling, covering and general defensive duties was no where to be seen.
Report pushkin99 January 22, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
Anyska, gegenpressing has (and continues to) played a good part in Liverpool's success and exciting attacking football over at least the last three years. There are a number of significant contributory factors culminating in this dip in form. Will we get over this - lets see.
Report Anyska January 22, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
its great to watch , i think if klopp cuts his losses and concentrate on the c.l, the squad clearly needs a rest with all the games coming. The cup at the weekend will be a game they won't mind losing
Report rommel January 22, 2021 5:44 PM GMT
4 games,and the laSt 3 years was all a lie,was always gonna go tits up,B*****X
Report rothko January 22, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
rommel • January 22, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
im a bit of an old c now so forgive me for not knowing what a pivot is n if yer going to double it too haha

Put simply Its the position role Fabinho plays in the midfield. When he's not there need 2 players both for defensive and attacking reasons. We have used that shape successfully before
Report rommel January 22, 2021 5:54 PM GMT
ta roth,like it simple
Report rothko January 22, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Ok Rom

To be honest I was getting sick of hearing our home record not losing stat
Report rommel January 22, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
these records can be a burden,extra pressure on a game
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539