Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 22:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rothko January 22, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
rommel • January 22, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
im a bit of an old c now so forgive me for not knowing what a pivot is n if yer going to double it too haha

Put simply Its the position role Fabinho plays in the midfield. When he's not there need 2 players both for defensive and attacking reasons. We have used that shape successfully before
Report rommel January 22, 2021 5:54 PM GMT
ta roth,like it simple
Report rothko January 22, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Ok Rom

To be honest I was getting sick of hearing our home record not losing stat
Report rommel January 22, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
these records can be a burden,extra pressure on a game
Report Capt__F January 23, 2021 11:03 PM GMT
Hoping for a return to form tomorrow and thru to 5th round

got to play thru bad times

YNWA
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
Unusually for an FA cup tie, I do think this is a 'must win game'.

Win. And our season could be kick started. Lose................

I feel that all the little things for all the players have been going wrong for some time now. All combined, it has led to a series of disappointing results. It would not take much for them to click in place mind, and give someone an absolute hiding as at Palace.
Report unitedbiscuits January 24, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Bit of a calculated insult from United, playing their reserve goalkeeper.

Piles the pressure on Liverpool, I suppose..
Report rommel January 24, 2021 4:51 PM GMT

Jan 24, 2021 -- 5:43PM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

Bit of a calculated insult from United, playing their reserve goalkeeper.Piles the pressure on Liverpool, I suppose..

you talk sh**t

Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
Hendo is United's number 1 keep. The only reason they have persisted with the other guy is cos he is on £350k per week. Even Real Madrid have totally cooled their interest.

There is no comparison.................
Report unitedbiscuits January 24, 2021 5:04 PM GMT
Oh yeah, think Henderson will be in goal for an important game, do you two?
Report rommel January 24, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
dont fff know but if youre wringing an insult out of it carry on
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
An absolute liberty for a football club of our size to have a young lad like that playing at the back again...
Against this level of opposition.
An absolute piss take by board. Completely out of his depth.

Wouldnt get a game in championship....no harm to the lad but seriously.
Report loui January 24, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
Fsg need to cough up, getting beyond a joke now
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
Gross misjudgment not getting a proper centre half on board as soon as window open.
Embarrassing I'll say again considering the revenue in over last few seasons....
Report loui January 24, 2021 6:16 PM GMT
Are we a big club or what
Report loui January 24, 2021 6:17 PM GMT
Go on Mo
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 6:22 PM GMT
Great to see in goals, and Bobby involved.
Been much better  tonight but cant keep gifting opportunities.
Report rommel January 24, 2021 7:02 PM GMT
thatll do me,encouraging that,whoever wins it good luck to them but we dont f need it,bigger fish
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
Utter nonsense rommel....nonsense.

Going out to them, do me a bloody favour man.
Report unitedbiscuits January 24, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
Rommel's brain's gone.
Report rommel January 24, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
i envy anyone for whom the fa holds some kind of magic,for me it went years ago
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:13 PM GMT
you don't like losing any game Rom particularly to them

fancy us to beat spurs particularly if hendo is back

they will play for a draw and harry Kane will virtually be playing centre half
Report Capt__F January 24, 2021 7:17 PM GMT
better all round
hindsight but preferred Philips at CH

not out of it yet bring on spurs
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:18 PM GMT
Were hardly dominating home and abroad fgs.....

Yes we won both the big ones but come on....we should win that game, a shambles at the back again. It's very very reminiscent of Kloops first season to me. Just weird.
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:22 PM GMT
shambles at the back

ffs jedi we've got 3 centre halfs out - what other team could cope with that
what did you expect a seemless transition to a centre mid and a kid playing ffs Cry

weird Laugh
Report rommel January 24, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
bang on roth,well ffff jose up the kyber
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
Well we could actually show a bit and go and get a centre half instead of having hundreds of millions in the bank??

A kid playing who as I said would not get a game in championship.
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:27 PM GMT
That's our choice and it's wrong....
Report loui January 24, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
Think he had Matip in cotton wool today, saving him for Thursday. Well defo want Hendo back in midfield then providing he's fit. They reckon the club loses 3m for every empty home game, very frustrating giving gifts away against man u, kid out of his depth, felt sorry for him it was painful to watch. We looked sharper today, and more fluent in our play so pray its a step back in the right direction
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
The economic reality of EFL footie in the pandemic -  billions off in total on the value of EFL clubs - uncertainty on when crowds and revenues will be back
I'm not sure the january transfer market has as been as active as in previous years Laugh
If there is a centre half available that we are not going to get screwed over on the price please feel free to share
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 24, 2021 7:35 PM GMT
I thought it was a very even game decided by a very soft (and I'm not even sure it was) free kick.  Shame about the young lad at the back making the mistake but fortunate for my team.

Once again I thought Liverpool played well and they looked good knocking it about up front.  Tough game next against Spurs but if Liverpool go forward like that I think they're in with a real good shout.
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
Upemacano.

Fixed fee.

If were as skint as you profess get rid of some of the empty jerseys currently being employed on our bench.

Origi,Ox. To name 2....
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:38 PM GMT
could have gone either way Lou buts that where we are at the moment not getting the breaks
It will change though I,m sure of that
Report rommel January 24, 2021 7:38 PM GMT
origi is just not up to snuff is he,get a quality player in fh
Report rommel January 24, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
wd Lou,decent game and dont you go picking up any injuries on the way to wembers
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
I know fine it's not in Klopp or club nature to panic buy, this isn't that.

There squandering a great teams window by being very slow to react to what is a clear need, a situation we must rectify...

In my opinion..

And actually by all accounts Klopp desperately wants one in.
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
think united were in for him but baulked at the signing on fee
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 7:42 PM GMT

Jan 24, 2021 -- 8:33PM, rothko wrote:

The economic reality of EFL footie in the pandemic -

Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 7:45 PM GMT
Spot on post rothko. Any Liverpool fan can see and understand your argument exactly.
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:47 PM GMT
Lol...
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
i think the fixed fee becomes active at the end of this season

Summer move more likely
However, any bidders for Upamecano in January could be left disappointed. Fjortoft adds that “the ball will start rolling” next summer in regard to a transfer.

That means that it would likely require a huge bid to convince Leipzig into doing business in January.

They are also in a strong position to decide when he moves on, with Upamecano only signing a new deal earlier this year.

Although, playing the waiting game could be beneficial for interested parties. It is understood Upamecano has a £38.5million release clause in his deal that will become active at the end of the current season.
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 7:51 PM GMT
The reality of the pandemic is obvious to any Liverpool supporter.

We don't have the billions of an oil state propping us up as at City.

We don't have the billions of a sugar Daddy gifting us money like at Chelsea.

Liverpool FC has to live within our means.

Liverpool supporters understand this. What is hard to get?
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:53 PM GMT
Were not 1 down as you say...

Were basically 3 or 4.

Surely we have 3 or 4 targets?

Or we just putting the chequebook away due to lost matchday revenue??

I still bought 4x replica strips at xmas, I still bought other bits n pieces online.

Our revenue in the last 3,4 years has been positively monumental with our success, transfers and tv money and everything else.

Ridiculous sums made, but cannot afford to source a proper CH when not 1, 2 but 3 are out injured or gone.

NO EXCUSE in my book.
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
This cant criticise I'll take the moral high ground is utter tosh..

And likely comes from those who are not actually invested with there own cash.
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
Liverpool supporters don't whine and whinge about everything.

We get behind our club, even more so when things are not going as we wish.
Report rothko January 24, 2021 7:58 PM GMT
no chance of getting Upamecano in Jan it would be obscene amounts of money
we've just been so unlucky with injuries

what would it look like if we panicked buy- desperate
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
As I said....previously.

It's not panic buying. Vvd been injured the entire season. As has Gomez.
Report jedi sophie January 24, 2021 8:02 PM GMT
Were heavily heavily in clover in comparison to others on money spent.

As champions we should be going again.

Like we did last time we were champions.
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
rothko has spent time in trying to explain the Upamencano situation.

Why is it so difficult for some on here to fully understand the implications of what rotko is trying to explain about any potential signing of Upamencano?
Report rommel January 24, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
i think its time to fkn PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCLaugh
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
good one Rom LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rothko January 24, 2021 8:12 PM GMT
not sure who is available push
its easy to express frustration and I,m sure that we are tracking players but Jan 2021 is a difficult window for all clubs even for the clubs owned by states and Oligarchs
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:16 PM GMT
I totally agree with u rothko. 100%.

I am certain that Klopp and Michael Edwards have identified who they want and need.

The January transfer window is not the time to make a panic buy, paying inflated fees, massive wages and exorbitant agent fees.

Any Liverpool supporter knows and understands this situation.
Report loui January 24, 2021 8:21 PM GMT
Mind you, we did buy Suarez in January window, but on the other hand we bought Andy Carroll
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
I think that signing of Suarez was the exception that breaks the rule loui. Though there have been one or two others, notably VVD...............Kenny certainly got it right with Suarez - despite his other baggage - but Andy Carroll was certainly one of our biggest duds.
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
But in the case of Suarez and VVD, neither was a panic buy. We had identified both as players we wanted and needed.
Report the_don January 24, 2021 8:38 PM GMT
Have heard you were in for Alaba, surprising given his wage demands but it was from reasonable sources.

I am surprised that you haven't gone for a centre back as it's been 3 months(?) since your first choice 2 have been confirmed out long term plus Matip is renowned for picking up injuries. I wouldn't consider that a panic buy - or loan.
Report loui January 24, 2021 8:44 PM GMT
We won't have a clue who we eventually sign cos we always sign players we least expect to usually. Hard to 2nd guess, our scouts
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
Enjoy your success today the_don. Your team done u proud and I genuinely hope u go on and win the thing.

If the right players we needed were available they would have been bought. That they have not, tells a huge story........................

As loui says, maybe a new signing that no one has heard off will emerge in the next few days for Liverpool to ease the defensive gloom.
Report unitedbiscuits January 24, 2021 8:48 PM GMT
Liverpool will play for 0-0 against Spurs.

Damage limitation.
Report HGS January 24, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
Enjoy your success today the_don. Your team done u proud and I genuinely hope u go on and win the thing.

Too far! Devil
Report rothko January 24, 2021 9:08 PM GMT
of course they will UB because thats our style

when you know the difference between counter attacking and counter pressing then your posts might be taken more seriously
Report pushkin99 January 24, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
There is unlikely to be a bigger proponent and defender of Liverpool on this forum than me.

However, I have University mates, work colleagues and friends who are United. Almost all of these are from Manchester, not those plastics who like to attach themselves to this fantastic club. So for me, I find it hard not to want the guys whom I know well to be happy. I know this is not a common view amongst Liverpool supporters......................
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 25, 2021 8:33 AM GMT

Came on to write about stuff but WTAF!!!
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 9:55 AM GMT
Careful POP.

Careful.......
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 10:01 AM GMT
I think it's a nonsense were just expected to sit here and accept this garbage about finances.

Were an enormously wealthy football club fgs.

We have made an absolute fortune and actually spent tiny amounts in comparison. How about going and backing your manager who is responsible for you now owning an institution that is hugely more valued and revered than it was when you took over....

There profit would be monumental if considered selling, even on the balance sheet it will be too.

It's a complete dereliction of duty by all if those accountable.

West Brom wouldnt say NO to Big Sam in this situation, neither would Everyon to Ancelotti, and so on and so on.
Wasting a lot of good work for the most important thing in football.

THE POUND NOTE. PATHETIC.
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh

I have friends and colleagues who are United so my feelings towards them have mellowed over the years. FWIW, I have no problem with decent United fans, and if winning one of the domestic cups makes them happy, so be it. It's the gloating United trolls full of their schadenfreude that I take issue with.
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 10:48 AM GMT
Some on here need to lower their expectations.

Liverpool have no divine right to be successful, the last 3 or so years have been absolutely fantastic. The club is now run well with FSG good and supportive owners. As I have often indicated, I feared I would never see Liverpool crowned as English Champions again in my lifetime. In addition to this, Champions of Europe and the World have also been delivered. The main stand has also been re-developed with further plans for the Anfield Road end next.

Things have not been good over the last few weeks. But going back to the bad old days from around 1990 to 2015 in desperately panic buying inflated supposed star players not the answer. Players such as Aquilani, Piechnik, Konkesky, Diof, Keene, Carroll readily spring to mind. And there are many such more.

Some on here don't seem to understand that we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic with all the financial implications that brings with it. Klopp/Edwards and the whole team responsible for sanctioning transfers have got so much right that IMVHO they should just be left alone to get on with what they have been doing so successfully.
Report rothko January 25, 2021 10:54 AM GMT
I don't think these owners will go out and spend  £50M + on a centre half in January during an economic crisis with billions wiped off the value of PL clubs. I,m not sure the economic reality has sunk in for some. I'm sure if Upamencano is the target we will go in for him in the summer when we are not getting screwed
Our so called wealthy club was virtually in administration 10 years ago but supporters have short memories. The club were owned by a fkin bank ffs so how easily things can go wrong. We are run as a business not owned by corrupt states and Oligarchs who spend £100'millions to sportswash their reputations
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 11:30 AM GMT
If we are as well run as you suggest then a few million here and there from lost matchday revenue would not be as much of a problem as you make out surely?

Nike deal alone covers that off, its utterly huge. Not to mention all the other deals, kit sponsors, training gear sponsors, training centre sponsors, all new and large revenue,the huge tv revenue from nearly every single game we play being on tv.

Our previous very good transfer war chest all points to us being able to buy or loan an adequate prospect in an emergency.

NOT A PANIC BUY....WHAT IS THIS ANYWAY.?

VVD and Gomez been injured all season, Matip cannot stay on pitch, our kids arent up to the job clearly,buying or loaning when window opens is prudent business hot panic buying fgs.

There letting Klopp down.
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 11:33 AM GMT
What if we do not make top 4?

Which imo is a real possibility if this continues.

How much does that cost us not only in finance but in our status, our development. More than the 50m that keeps getting thrown around that's for sure.

Short sighted and a real waste of a season....
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
There is a very real chance that top 4 will not happen but being held to ransom and forced to panic buying at any price is not the answer. This type of transfer strategy did not work from 1990 to 2015 and its highly unlikely to work now.

If reinforcements arrive, great, but letting Klopp/Edwards and those responsible for sanctioning transfers get on with what they know best and are doing is definitely right for the future of Liverpool FC.
Report Latalomne January 25, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
The Nike deal is worth $39.5m (£28.4m) per season.  We are said to be losing circa £3m in lost revenue for every home game where there is no fans.  Ergo, the Nike money doesn't go quite as far as you are making out.
Report Latalomne January 25, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
And those are all deals that would have already been factored into budgets.
Report loui January 25, 2021 12:17 PM GMT
We've been mentioned a few times with realmadrid cb militao, been dropped last few months, and could be loaned out till the summer. Not perfect but short term. The worry is Madrid are in decline and he still can't get in team. Madrid value him at 50m, but they would, wouldn't they
Report loui January 25, 2021 12:17 PM GMT
Can't see it happening at this point anyway
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
January transfers rarely work out, unless it's a player that is really wanted and fits into the way Klopp wants his team to play such as VVD.

A loan move is a likely possibility for sure, but who though? A player another top team no longer wants.....................
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
That's what it's worth up front...

They get percentages on all sales globally...

The reason they dumped NB who's kits and clothes were superb especially for kids, was because NB could not meet that demand globally. Or that was our excuse anyway. In other words they couldn't make enough replica kits tracksuits etc etc,

Essential we dumped a very good partner for the pound note.

Were making a hell of a lot more than the yearly figure that's for sure...

As long as fans sit on there hands pay up they'll try it on, it's there nature, they've done it before and fan outrage changed there mind,and theyll do it again.

Penny pinching letting Klopp down. And the other players who are giving so much.

Groundhog day listening,reading those desperately seeking the moral high ground.
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 12:47 PM GMT
Moral high ground?? LaughLaughLaugh  I will leave her to it for a while as we are off for a long walk along the coast. I love sea air blowing through my hair.
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 12:56 PM GMT
Take as long as you like.

I'm thinking 3 years or so..
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 25, 2021 2:41 PM GMT
As said, I think we just need an idea of the bigger picture. Just stumbled on this (https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1353595195019960320). We're not quoted on there but it's clear some big clubs are really struggling right now.

For our side, our wage bill is really high, we've paid a fortune to agents and are still paying off the Main Stand and Kirkby. It's unrealistic to just say we've done well, sold well and must be swimming in cash. We do things properly and have budgets to work to. This coming along has blown an absolute hole in everyone's finances, we're no different and no amount of planning could have foreseen the pandemic and then losing 2 CB's for a season the minute we sold the only other one who wasn't made of Lego. I do think there's a balance to be had though. A short term loan that might set us back about £5M say. If Fabinho were to get a knock for a month or two then we'd be in massive trouble and be a big risk out on the CL riches as well as how it may unsettle the squad.
Report rothko January 25, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
interesting stuff Pop

The economic reality for some big clubs is dire. The likes of Spurs have had to fund a new state of the art empty stadium!
If people think that the EPL is just going to go back to pre-covid trading on players then they are in for a shock
Just wait till furlough ends and the zombie jobs are shaken out of the economy and there is a deep recession. Not good for supporters disposable income
Report REDROB January 25, 2021 4:35 PM GMT
Maybe it'll put an end to these obscene contracts that so called top players get to sign.

Money is the biggest problem in football, and I include VAR in that.
The onus is on the punters who send off their subscriptions to sky every month.
Footballers will always want to play football whether they're on 250k a week or 25k a week. What else would they do ?
If by some miracle the pandemic puts transfer fees and salaries in reverse it would be the only good thing to come from it.
Wouldn't be so many foreigners, English players would get a chance, benefitting the national side. Take sky out the equation and we'd be back to having a full programme of 3 O'clock kick offs on a Saturday. Those were the days !
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
To be honest if it results in players also having to take a reality check on wages then great.

Because that's the problem.... out with the health of the nation, the pandemic.

The big problem. Financially too much in proportion funnelled there way alongside there agents.

Have climbed and climbed and climbed, whether succrssful or not there all making fortunes....

Raheem Wageslip popped up on social the other day,dumped in a bin or Simon, the amounts were just beyond belief. And hes not alone by any means.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 25, 2021 4:57 PM GMT
I saw that. Could be an interesting year or two. Armchair fans have been treated to having so many games televised while showed utter disdain when they wanted to charge £15 per game. Given the cumulative price of Sky, BT and Amazaon there could be a bumpy period as everyone starts cutting their spend and "discovering" streams.

The problem with contracts though is that it'll be an incredibly bumpy transition. Players just aren't going to re-negotiate for less mid-contract; they'll be clinging on till the bitter end. Meanwhile any young promising players will be looking at the big earners as the benchmark and any argument of prudence will be set against an agent touting him to other clubs who may offer more money. I think it's gonna take a couple of big clubs going bust and a real light being shone on salaries and agent fees for them to agree to anything "for the good of the game".
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 9:34 PM GMT
Indeed PoP. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, so it will be a while before any action by TV subscribers has any effect.
Report pushkin99 January 25, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
It seems that we are now all finally accepting that for the likes of teams other than City, PSG or Chelsea, splashing £50M+ on transfer fees for players are largely over and very much a thing of the past. Maybe a loan signing will come in to provide much needed defensive support for Liverpool but if not then we will just have to get on with it.

U only need to look at Chelsea who spent circa £200M over the summer, they have gone downhill since and it certainly did not help Lampard in keeping his job.

When the likes of global giants such as Barca and Real Madrid are unable to splash the cash in signing players due to the financial implications of the pandemic, things must be bad. In some ways that has actually helped us, in them making bids for some of our world class players that they so openly covet.
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 9:06 AM GMT
Most revenue by clubs in 2019-20
Position    Team    Revenue £ (2018-19 figure)
1    Barcelona    627.1 (741.1)
2    Real Madrid    627 (667.5)
3    Bayern Munich    556 (581.8 )
4    Manchester United    509 (627.1)
5    Liverpool    489.9 (533)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55801145

So we received £43m less revenue in 2019-2020 than the previous season.  Clearly this season is going to be far worse.
Report jedi sophie January 26, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Half a billion pounds....
5th in the world....

Unbelievable sums of money.

35m to travel from Barca still also by all accounts.
Report jedi sophie January 26, 2021 9:26 AM GMT
In other news were signing a Derby youngster...
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
Mate of mine supports Derby and reckons he's class.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 26, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
Wonder if Gini is gonna leave himself up the creek if Barca really are broke and don't want to give him a huge signing on fee.
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 10:48 AM GMT
Some surprising numbers on this (to me at least), if accurate:
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/ 

Definitely a few I think would be renegotiated (both ways!) if you could rip things up and start again.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 26, 2021 10:52 AM GMT
Sorry, but not having Nat Phillips on £65k p/w
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 10:54 AM GMT
Yeah, that was an obvious outlier to me, too.
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 10:55 AM GMT
At least, I hope it's not true.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 26, 2021 12:07 PM GMT
He must have built the new training ground in the evenings too if that's true.
Report Latalomne January 26, 2021 12:38 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh

That's actually the lower of the two figures I found quoted for him.  £70k being the other (poss a currency conversion variation over time?)....
Report rothko January 26, 2021 8:54 PM GMT
no wonder Gini holding out - £10K a week more than Nat Phillips ffs
Report unclepuncle January 27, 2021 6:44 AM GMT
Of course losing our main central defenders is a problem but you can't use that to excuse not beating WBA (see City last night), Newcastle (everyone else has beaten them lately) , Burnley. And even the goal against Southampton had nothing to do with that - just TAA, again, being a defensive liability. And we had 88 minutes to get back into that game and never looked like scoring.

And then you get to the FA Cup game against Utd and after we take the lead we don't change tactics and instead leave ourselves open to the counter attack (which everyone knows is there one successful strategy) with the long ball into the space behind Trent - had a couple of warnings but did nothing to change things - talk about Groundhog Day.Cry
Once we had the lead we should have just sat back and invited them onto us so we could do the counter - not the other way round.Crazy
And the organisation for the free kick that won them the game was appalling - the TV co-cmmentator could see exactly what Fernandez would do - why couldn't we??

Klopp had a great spell at Dortmund but it went wrong very quickly and looks to be happening again.Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com