Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 22:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rommel October 31, 2020 7:32 PM GMT
shaq a little diamond,marching on with nobbys army
Report loui October 31, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
Is spot on rommel, so glad we kept Shaq, he's got many uses still and keeps showing Klopp that. We'll done Nat Phillips on a very solid game, big headed clearance Last minute. If he doesn't make it at a field, showed he's got a career in the game at a good level.
Report rommel October 31, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
thought he was on his way lou,someone said on here few weeks back,always looks so sharp,buzzing,crackin player
Report loui October 31, 2020 8:36 PM GMT
Was convinced he was off, he must be frustrated with lack of starts but comes on and usually comes uo with something. Brilliant with free kicks, set pieces etc. Worryingly for the rest, we're not playing too great but top of league. The rest must hope that our injuries take their toll,but we're just about getting job done lately, that goes for champs league as well.
Report Capt__F October 31, 2020 8:49 PM GMT
Job done 3 points Shaq a magician as said not playing great but winningCool
Report jedi sophie October 31, 2020 9:14 PM GMT
Just got to hang tough, grind out wins when and where we can, get some players back very soon hopefully.
Thought that was a huge win, especially after there gifted the first goal, Moyes 10 behind ball as usual,very difficult indeed.
Keep winning get men back and hopefully the big guns find form around xmas or in new year, maybe one or two arrive then also but I doubt that myself.
Squad good enough to cope.

How good if go and sneak a win next week though? Big old gap if that was to happen, perfectly capable and we should go there and have a proper go, no point going to defend thats for sure.....
Report jedi sophie October 31, 2020 9:15 PM GMT
Jota must be close to first 11 imo....Bobby so off the pace.
Report pushkin99 October 31, 2020 9:33 PM GMT
Nat Phillips stepped up well today. Squad depth, even in centre defence, so much better and deeper than for many a year.
Report Ahoy 1982 October 31, 2020 9:35 PM GMT
A few games this season are among our lowest since Klopp took over in regards presses and distances covered on the field, definitely by design imo, playing the long game and trying to just get over this very busy period, I think when the champions league group games are up you will a different and far more aggressive side, definitely taking educated gambles against lesser sides and playing more conservatively. Some teams will be running on empty come March. Jota surely a starter very soon.
Report pushkin99 October 31, 2020 10:18 PM GMT
Indeed Ahoy. As I indicated earlier, the only reason I can think of for Jota not starting, is that Klopp wants to use his squad in this busy period.
Report Latalomne November 1, 2020 8:43 AM GMT
He started v Sheff Utd and in midweek.  This season is definitely about rotation and staying the distance.  Can't remember who the Wolves fan was who said we'd dropped a massive bollock by signing him, but he looks alright to me!  Strike another one up to the LFC transfer team.

I hadn't realised Phillips was not in the CL squad (which was why Rhys Williams got a go last week) and so was a bit miffed that he got a go ahead of Williams last night, but he had an excellent game.  The VVD injury could actually result in two very good young CBs really developing their games in the same season, which would be a real bonus.

Really pleasing result that I wasn't entirely convinced would come as the clock ticked down.  Wonderful ball from Shaq to set it up.  He definitely does bring something else to the table.
Report pushkin99 November 1, 2020 10:55 AM GMT
I am pretty sure it was Wolf who sad that lat...................I guess more out of his disappointment out of losing Jota, who is turning into yet another great signing by Michael Edwards, Klopp and the transfer committee.

VVD obviously a huge loss, but I really hope we don't go out and splash an obscene amount of money and wages on an ageing star defender in January as a panic buy. Some on here want this, but it is not for me, and I think we should leave that to the likes of City, Chelsea and United while we pursue the policy of trying to recruit hungry young players with the potential to really develop under Klopp.

It is indeed great to see development within and young players such as Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips emerging from the ranks and stepping up to the plate. Gomez failed to impress yet again, if fit maybe Matip and Phillips should be deployed against City? Philips is actually 2 months older than Gomez, and at the moment is looking the better prospect. I have even seen suggestions that Hendo slots in as a centre back, but I think we need his presence in the middle of the park.

I have been wondering why there has been no mention for a while of Sepp van den Berg, is he injured? A real talented prospect, if he is not going to feature much at all this season, surely a loan moved would have been sensible.
Report Latalomne November 1, 2020 11:22 AM GMT
SVDB is still only 18 now, Push.  Poss deemed not quite ready for it?
Report pushkin99 November 1, 2020 12:04 PM GMT
yep, I know he is young, but if he is not featuring much for us, a loan move,if carefully handled would assist and help his development?
Report Latalomne November 1, 2020 12:10 PM GMT
Wiki reckons he only made 1 U21 appearance for us last season, in addition to the 4 senior team appearances...  He's not even listed as an academy player...

Can't find anything about injuries from a quick Google search...?
Report pushkin99 November 1, 2020 12:21 PM GMT
if I recall, SVDB played against Villa last season, when the first team squad were all out in Dubai, and probably in a couple of other cup ties when the first team were depleted.

Maybe u are right then Lat, Klopp feels SVDB is not yet ready to go out on loan but will progress faster as he gets the chance to train at Melwood and with the other promising youngsters at the 'Anfield academy'.
Report Latalomne November 1, 2020 12:36 PM GMT
The Echo reckoned he would go out on loan but nothing ever materialised....
Report pushkin99 November 1, 2020 12:52 PM GMT
The Echo is normally pretty good with the stories and rumours so I am sure they are right.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 2, 2020 11:24 AM GMT
I doubt svdb will ever be ready he makes too many mistakes he’s only young but he’s going backwards in my opinion
Report pushkin99 November 2, 2020 12:38 PM GMT
'Good' update RP, I have not seen any reports of any of SVDB's matches, so that seems like another reason he is no where near the first team. But at 18 he has time on his side.
Report pushkin99 November 2, 2020 12:41 PM GMT
Apparently, Matip and Keita are back in full training Happy

Hopefully Matip does not travel to Bergamo and with another weeks training under his belt could be available for selection against City.
Report rommel November 2, 2020 7:02 PM GMT
a little joy for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEpLtePJm0
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 2, 2020 7:07 PM GMT
It’s dissapointing because he was highly thought of I think part of his strength is his weakness he’s very confident and he has fair pace but he gets overconfident in the wrong positions and has to rely too often on his pace which hasn’t got him out of trouble in the reserve games

He is young and he may yet fulfill the ability he showed for the club to sign him I think the fact he’s way down the pecking order now must be dissapointing  for him and the manager he has age on his side though
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 2, 2020 7:07 PM GMT
It’s dissapointing because he was highly thought of I think part of his strength is his weakness he’s very confident and he has fair pace but he gets overconfident in the wrong positions and has to rely too often on his pace which hasn’t got him out of trouble in the reserve games

He is young and he may yet fulfill the ability he showed for the club to sign him I think the fact he’s way down the pecking order now must be dissapointing  for him and the manager he has age on his side though
Report pushkin99 November 3, 2020 8:32 PM GMT
Jota, yet again. What a [layer. What a signing. Well done Klopp, Michael Edwards and the transfer committee.
Report Latalomne November 3, 2020 8:37 PM GMT
Class.
Report pushkin99 November 3, 2020 8:52 PM GMT
Indeed. ATM, Jota looking like the signing of the season. So glad that Klopp has recognised Jota must start. I feel a bit sorry for Firmino, but he has been off the pace quite a while now.
Report loui November 3, 2020 8:55 PM GMT
Never mind Firmino under pressure on this form Mane and Salah under pressure too
Report Latalomne November 3, 2020 9:53 PM GMT
Well, that was most enjoyable.

Thought Rhys Williams was very good again.  Strokes the ball around like he's been a first teamer for years.
Report Capt__F November 3, 2020 9:59 PM GMT
Nice
Report Billy Liddell November 3, 2020 10:01 PM GMT
The best we have played since the Chelsea, Arsenal games, well done MIGHTY REDS..
Report rommel November 3, 2020 10:27 PM GMT
set up great for the city game,sublime tonight
Report loui November 3, 2020 10:43 PM GMT
Wolves should have played Jota instead of Jimenez
Report loui November 3, 2020 10:45 PM GMT
Most goals conceded in premiership. 0 goals in champs lge
Report rommel November 4, 2020 12:06 AM GMT
what composure in front of goal jota has jeez,the mans ice
Report pushkin99 November 4, 2020 9:55 AM GMT
As Bob Geldof might have said, last nite was a wonderful 'tonic for the troops!!!'
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 4, 2020 11:37 AM GMT
Played a lot better but they were so poor from midfield back to defense and we were pretty lethal in attack for a change creating proper chances one on ones and taking them

Jota was excellent and has impressed however I’m pretty sure he starts on the bench I’d be surprised if firminio is not reinstated  of course he could go with all four starting but it’s unlikely
Report rothko November 4, 2020 12:05 PM GMT
bar one mistake thought Allison had a good game
they are supposed to be a dangerous side but looked really slow at the back
Report jedi sophie November 4, 2020 12:08 PM GMT
Great for confidence if nothing else chaps...

We needed that.
Report Capt__F November 8, 2020 3:35 PM GMT
Jurgen plays all 4Cool
Report Latalomne November 8, 2020 3:38 PM GMT
I didn't see that coming.
Report pushkin99 November 8, 2020 4:25 PM GMT
I hoped to see Jota in, with the front three as well but did not expect it.

Good that Matip is backed, just hope he can last the pace and does not aggravate anything if back a bit too early.

Avoid defeat today and the title race will be really open.
Report pushkin99 November 8, 2020 6:33 PM GMT
Defo a good point gained. I hope TAA is ok.

In theory the international break coming ay a good time give the ongoing injuries. Though we will have players jetting off all over the place playing quite a few (largely meaningless) games.
Report Capt__F November 8, 2020 7:25 PM GMT
fair result -Matip did well 1st game back _Gini gave the ball away too much uncharacteristically
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 8, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
Yeah, weird one. Gini started well and I was again thinking of how great he is at shielding the ball and then got caught out. Good to have Matip back and his reading and anticipation was excellent, but second half his passing was absolutely atrocious. I thought Jota was out on his feet last 20 minutes and I thought he was a cert to be hooked but it didn't happen.
Hopefully Trent and Alli are ok and maybe pulling them out of the internationals will see them right for our next game.

Thought City were pretty toothless all in all. They're almost at "one man team" level now. If you stop De Bruyne you effectively stop City. But the second half was a clear case of both teams not wanting to lose, more than wanting to win.

For us, that's City, Chelsea and Everton away all out of the way and we've got a pretty favourable run of games now till mid-Jan. I'd hope we've enough to rotate the squad and ensure freshness.

Still think this season will be one by squad management and "doing enough". Don't think it's going to be a vintage year or won by a team getting high 90's.  All teams are going to pick up injuries given the fixture congestion; hopefully we avoid any more season-ending ones to key players and use our squad to ensure tired muscle injuries are kept to a minimum.
Report Latalomne November 11, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
Gomez injured in training for England.  Reportedly out for months rather than weeks.  FFS.  How many more?!??  CryCryCry
Report pushkin99 November 11, 2020 5:50 PM GMT
It never rains when it pours.

Hopefully Fabinho, will be back soon though it seems Phillips or Williams will likely be needed to step up against Leicester. Not an easy task against an in form Vardy. I suppose Hendo or Milner could be considered to add experience but I would not be confident about that either.
Report jedi sophie November 13, 2020 11:34 AM GMT
Andy Robertson.

Now legend for club and country. Cemented in history.

Fantastic achievement.
Report loui November 13, 2020 11:39 AM GMT
At what point are we allowed an emergency signing, must be getting close to that.
Report loui November 13, 2020 11:42 AM GMT
Glad Hendo didn't get a look in last night. One of the Irish lads played and then tested positive for covid. He'd have almost certainly got it off him the way things are going
Report jedi sophie November 13, 2020 11:46 AM GMT
Only applies to goalies surely Loui?

Bundles of young CH at club.
Report rommel November 13, 2020 12:02 PM GMT
any manager worth his salt should be putting every obstacle in the way of players playing for their country at this time,the domestic fixtures alone are proving a worrying trend for injury and mental burnout
Report loui November 13, 2020 2:10 PM GMT
Not totally sure what the rules are there jed, lost count of the players we've had crocked on international duty, 2.more games to ay too. Would think Milner right back for a while, maybe Neco for champs lge seeing we're nearly through. And big opportunities for Philips and Williams to gain great experience in 1st team. The quicker Fabinho is back, the better.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 13, 2020 3:30 PM GMT
Salah got Covid now and will miss Leicester.

Anything else?

Just waiting for Mané to break his leg in a bizarre gardening accident and Henderson to fall pregnant.
Report jedi sophie November 13, 2020 3:36 PM GMT
Yes what next....

Chaos this.
Report loui November 13, 2020 3:47 PM GMT
Fks sake I'm going outside clapping tonight
Report Latalomne November 13, 2020 3:57 PM GMT
Unbelievable....Cry
Report rommel November 15, 2020 12:40 PM GMT
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/15/neil-ruddock-souness-wouldn...
Report Charlton2005 November 15, 2020 5:19 PM GMT
RIP Ray Clemence. So many wonderful memories he leaves us.
Report 1830 November 15, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
1970s
There was  only one Liverpool player id have picked or wanted to have played for my beloved EVERTON,that player was RAY CLEMENCE.
R.I.P to an all time great.
Gutted.
Report jedi sophie November 15, 2020 8:09 PM GMT
2020 been a brute....
Report rothko November 15, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
In my all time Liverpool 11 he is the no 1
Report pushkin99 November 15, 2020 10:08 PM GMT
I loved cheering on Clem from the Kop when he returned for Spurs. Equalled only by the reception reserved for Shilts when he came to play at Anfield.

In those days, away keepers always got an Amazing reception from the Kop.

RIP Clem. A true Liverpool legend.
Report pushkin99 November 15, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
Brucie, always no 1 for me. But then that;s the era I fell in total love with the club.
Report rommel November 16, 2020 4:07 PM GMT
hendo problem now?
Report rommel November 16, 2020 4:09 PM GMT
Liverpool's injury crisis worsens as Southgate confirms Henderson issue after England substitution
Report loui November 16, 2020 5:35 PM GMT
He said it was a muscle tightening, hopefully not to much damage. Something the physios can sort out
Report rommel November 16, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
weve turned the corner then lou,onwards n upwards to the toppermost
Report jedi sophie November 19, 2020 12:40 PM GMT
Wouldnt surprise me if Robbo struggling, another 95 minutes last night.

Very tough week mentally and physically..

Sure plenty in same boat.
Report loui November 19, 2020 2:14 PM GMT
I read yesterday that Fabinho & Thiago are both available again Jed, so there's light at the end of this injury tunnel. Even saw that Trent is 50/50 to be fit. That's great news in the circumstances. Still worried that over a whole season losing VVD will tell on us, but we'll see as season progresses
Report loui November 22, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
Cmon redmen let's do it. Thread was down too far on this page, needed a lift up
Report pushkin99 November 22, 2020 7:46 PM GMT
Indeed loui.

I have typically tried to keep the Liverpool thread dropping onto the second page, often single handedly, for many years. But since the smirking gloating United trolls - full of their schadenfreude from the reflected glory of SAF's brilliance - departed the forum with their tails firmly between their legs, this thread has simply lacked the critical mass to keep it viable and going.

A sad state of affairs indeed. After 30 years of hurt, which never stopped us dreaming.....................sadly, the Johnny comes lately's, and those with no connection with Liverpool, our great City and it's people have no concept or understanding of what that means and meant to us.
Report Capt__F November 22, 2020 8:05 PM GMT
Nice half
Report pushkin99 November 22, 2020 8:19 PM GMT
More goals in this? I backed > 3.5 and upwards a priori, I wonder if this is set to continue? Hopefully Rodgers sets his team up to still come out to play in the second half....................
Report loui November 22, 2020 9:05 PM GMT
Lfc throw a marker down tonight. That's the standard
Report loui November 22, 2020 9:06 PM GMT
Could have been a lot worse for Leicester, 6 maybe
Report Capt__F November 22, 2020 9:09 PM GMT
Superb

Curtis Jones coming on nicely
Report Latalomne November 22, 2020 9:20 PM GMT
Excellent performance, but Leicester were very ordinary.

Hopefully Keita's OK.
Report rommel November 22, 2020 9:27 PM GMT
ordinary!!!!!!!?fkkkkkkk you we made them look mince lat haha,realise youre good when youre good,jeezus you couldnt put some of that in a cartoon tonight,nobby is a fkn roman god
Report rommel November 22, 2020 9:30 PM GMT
any club in the world would rue the loss of virgil,were just ploughing on,winning,gawd help the ffff when were at full strength
Report Latalomne November 23, 2020 7:35 AM GMT
I don't think they helped their own cause one little bit, mate.  They were so passive in that first half.  How you can come to Anfield and face a side with as many injuries as we've got and not go for it, I'm really not sure?!  Totally played into our hands, as good as we were (and we were excellent, as I said).  It's a testament to the boys that you really wouldn't have known any first teamers were missing from how we played.
Report pushkin99 November 23, 2020 9:04 AM GMT
Fantastic performance and result. Given the number of influential absentees, truly frightening for those who consider themselves as our rivals.
Report rommel November 23, 2020 9:04 AM GMT
youre probs right,bit of pocket talking fkn angst from me there
Report rommel November 23, 2020 9:06 AM GMT
nice tribute To Ray i thought,well respected throughout the sport it seems
Report pushkin99 November 23, 2020 9:11 AM GMT
Indeed Rom. Much loved by Liverpool and Spurs fans alike.

I always loved to clap and cheer him when he ran to the Kop end (especially if it was for the second half) on his returns for Spurs. Only Shilt's got similar receptions.
Report rommel November 23, 2020 9:31 AM GMT
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/nov/22/depleted-liverpool-fin...
Report rommel November 23, 2020 9:39 AM GMT
watching andy mitten tother day.he said its not even on utds mind to ditch the Ollster,(cough,cough)youve gotta stick with class,class will come thru
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 23, 2020 9:40 AM GMT
Great win that given the injuries and Leicester's recent form.

I reckon by the turn of the year we'll be 5-6 points clear of the pack and it'll never get that close again really. Special team this.
Report rommel November 23, 2020 9:44 AM GMT
still still still amazed at the impact Jotas had
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 23, 2020 9:56 AM GMT
I backed him a few weeks ago for top scorer at 100. Reminds me of first season Mo. His awareness and movement in the box are exceptional.
Report pushkin99 November 23, 2020 9:56 AM GMT
Jota been very special, been hard to not play him since his first couple of games. Great that Firmino got on the score sheet again.
Report pushkin99 November 23, 2020 9:58 AM GMT
Be interesting to see who plays against Atalanta, a result there and qualification should in all likelihood be guaranteed, which would also ease the selection and fixture congestion issues for the last two games.
Report pushkin99 November 23, 2020 10:07 AM GMT
Salah having Covid-19, (with as reported not showing symptoms) could even turn out to be helpful for us this season, as he missed the Egypt internationals and has essentially been 'resting' in the last couple of weeks. Given the upcoming run of fixtures before Christmas that could be important and hopefully he comes roaring back fresh and eager to impress.

It has also allowed Jota, Firmino and Mane to develop and improve their understanding.
Report loui November 23, 2020 10:25 AM GMT
So many positives from from last night apart from Keita,s injury when having maybe his best game  for the club. Jota just seems to glide over the ground with the ball. Milner had a good game, so did Curtis. Robbo was terrorising Leicester all night. He defo had his turbo chargers serviced pre match. Bobby on scoresheet. Was very concerned before the game, but worrying over nothing
Report rommel November 23, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
dont know how many of you watch our old warrior steve nichol on espn
Report rommel November 23, 2020 10:57 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWWF5y6QO0
Report buddeliea November 23, 2020 12:45 PM GMT
Really good performance,and one i was not expecting to be honest.
Could not fault anyone. Defence looked comfortable, and we were always a threat going forward and could have scored 6!!
I was a tad concerned about our midfield before the game, but they were very good, and Curtis Jones is some talent.Was really impressed with his composure on the ball and awareness of others, hes a regular now for me.
Jota......what a signing, another masterclass from Jurgen.

If we can play like that against a good team, with half a dozen missing it all bodes well.
Report jedi sophie November 24, 2020 9:43 PM GMT
Fabulous price v Leicester.

Superb display.

Still a backable price, not a week goes bye dont pile more on. All these doubters, marvellous.

City.? Really? Still 2nd favs, only reason I see is easy upcoming schedule.

Finely tuned machine LFC. Great, really great to see the real Bobby back.

Excited
Report rommel November 25, 2020 11:51 AM GMT
jed did you mean city for the epl 2nd fav,cos theyre 2nd fav for the cl behind bayern,were 3 rd faves,now the logic of that defies my little nut,if anything pep is regressing-watched a god pod,said pepe has never built anything really,ill post it later
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 25, 2020 2:58 PM GMT
Yeah, new ground for Pep this. Never been in a position where he's had to re-build a team. His record on signings is actually not that great.

I had a pre-season bet on Liv/Chel for the 1-2 at 20/1. Gotta say I'm sitting happy with that one right now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com