Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 10801 comments are related to the topic:
Liverpool Discussion Thread

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 271  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 271 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 10,801
By:
FIGJAM
When: 19 Jul 18 12:01
Well at least you've plugged and obvious deficiency with the new goalkeeper CCM.
The reason I laughed is that appears to me that every start of the season Liverpool are  heralded as
the team to beat.Imho the odds circa 11-2 are risible.
As mafe says who's to say what your  other new signings will bring, whereas City have improved an already superb set up with Mahrez.

As for us we haven't got a clue what's happening, we've got some obvious dead wood still in situ, and have two key players in a state
of uncertainty, and less than 21 days to sort it out.
By:
pushkin99
When: 19 Jul 18 12:34
Klopp's first team really taking shape now with some good and capable squad players to come in as and when. Liverpool don't have the squad quality in depth to win the League, City remain very obvious and worthy favorites and will surely go on to win it. Liverpool could become a challenger for a while at least though if they get off to a good start.
By:
Latalomne
When: 19 Jul 18 15:54

Jul 19, 2018 -- 7:01AM, FIGJAM wrote:

Well at least you've plugged and obvious deficiency with the new goalkeeper CCM.The reason I laughed is that appears to me that every start of the season Liverpool are  heralded asthe team to beat.Imho the odds circa 11-2 are risible.As mafe says who's to say what your  other new signings will bring, whereas City have improved an already superb set up with Mahrez.As for us we haven't got a clue what's happening, we've got some obvious dead wood still in situ, and have two key players in a stateof uncertainty, and less than 21 days to sort it out.

"..... heralded as the team to beat?"  We were 20/1 last season before a ball was kicked.  The year we went close under Rodgers, we were 36.0 on here before a ball was kicked.  I must have missed all those times we were favourites. 

The only person I've seen tip us on here is Callisto Moon, aka Money Tree, and we all know he's a wind-up merchant.

By:
pushkin99
When: 19 Jul 18 21:46
ews just confirmed Alison deal has been completed.
By:
rothko
When: 19 Jul 18 22:03
thank heavens and not before time

surely no sane person who knew anything about football thought we could have gone into the new season without a new goalie and be credible challengers

would have sent out a totally wrong message to the fans and the players
I'm sure the likes of VVD  and the rest of the players have been given a massive boost by this showing our intent

onwards and upwards

just need a centre half and Fekir if thats possible and a bit of luck with injuries and we will be right there at the end
By:
jedi sophie
When: 19 Jul 18 22:48
Superb news.
Number 1 priority sorted, and 10 million back for 3rd choice.
What's not to like..

Keep moving forward Reds.

Ps,what a bloody player Keita is....Kante with more skill.ExcitedWinkShocked
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jul 18 07:54
Anybody heard anything positive re Fekir since Alisson looked likely to complete?  I see the DM were reporting that the Alisson deal has killed our pursuit of Fekir?
By:
jedi sophie
When: 20 Jul 18 07:57
Seems to be a few reports saying were done...Next moves be out as highlighted by Ward.
Given the option of Fekir or Allison I'd go keeper every day of week.
We're loaded with good midfield players Lat...

I think we do need to move a few out if can, take advantage of the crazy market.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jul 18 08:03
Klopp said:

We have everything we need for the next season because I don’t think we will do anything more (in the market), I’m pretty sure of that.

“We have the squad now for the moment, and that’s the most important thing. We were not too bad last year but we had to improve and we tried that on the transfer market.

“We lost one or two players and we brought in a few. I’m really happy with our signings to be honest, so now let’s use the last few weeks of pre-season to be as good as possible.”
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jul 18 08:05
I'd have still liked him, JS.  The way we play takes its toll in individual matches and cumulatively across the season.  We looked pretty thread-bare by the end of last season, and we're only one player better off in midfield now than we were then, given the news about Ox.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 20 Jul 18 08:07
KLOPPY Seemed genuinely thrilled with Allison capture,think we thought he had got away from us, clearly our only target and to all of a sudden have him in bag is fantastic, perfectly happy if no more in,obviously can't have enough good players but genuinely wasn't impressed in world cup,didn't look fit to me, can't pay 60 million if doubts, we got Shaquiri for buttons,think that's his move,instead of Fekir we get Allison and Xherdan,I'm delighted with that, fit Clyne and Sturridge adds another two for a start.
By:
Ahoy 1982
When: 20 Jul 18 11:51
I know it was only Blackburn last night but Keita looks absolute quality. Lallana and Sturridge looking very sharp also.
By:
MrMeaner
When: 20 Jul 18 15:14
I'd have still liked him, JS.  The way we play takes its toll in individual matches and cumulatively across the season.  We looked pretty thread-bare by the end of last season, and we're only one player better off in midfield now than we were then, given the news about Ox.

We have a fully fit Lallana back now. Last season was a write-off for the lad as he was dogged by injuries. He looked very good last night.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jul 18 17:22
Yeah, and we've lost Can, half a season from Coutinho and what sounds like most, if not all, of this season from Ox. 

As I said, we're effectively one player better off, unless any of the fringe players are going to get a chance and actually take it. 

Where do we all stand on Stuzza, out of interest?
By:
loui
When: 20 Jul 18 21:35
We all know how good he can be, and when his confidence is high he,ll score loads. But unfortunately he's made of balsa wood and only a matter of time before next injury. Hope he gets an injury free season puts himself back up there. Very good back up player, wants to stay and fight for his place. Depends on what JK thinks.
By:
rommel
When: 22 Jul 18 12:18
is the pool match on anywhere tonight plz?channel?
By:
Twoboyz
When: 22 Jul 18 12:33
Premier sports Sad
By:
rommel
When: 22 Jul 18 13:01
ty two
By:
duncan idaho
When: 22 Jul 18 16:17
any reliable links for this season?
By:
rothko
When: 22 Jul 18 21:05
gosh forgot markovic was still on out books

nice header from VVD

karius nearly foo5ed up again CryCry
get that clown out of our club Crazy
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 22 Jul 18 21:12
I'm wary of getting sucked in again, but....

Sturridge remains a quality footballer.
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 22 Jul 18 22:18
How many did karius conceede please
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 22 Jul 18 22:23
All 3 I think.

First was a pen when We had zero protection. Second pretty similar emptying of the midfield. Third, a break and Karius did a Pickford and palmed it into a dangerous area where it was put away.

Played well though. Fabinho (1st half) bossed it. Keita looks a star but was playing pretty advanced. We dominated second half but just lost discipline.
By:
sofaking
When: 22 Jul 18 22:56
A lot of Pool fans are getting a little carried away after the recent spending spree.  Shocked  Should make for an interesting season.

By:
Latalomne
When: 23 Jul 18 05:37
Very few Liverpool fans are getting carried away after the spending spree, and even fewer on here.  The only people bigging us up as being live contenders are the fans of other teams.
By:
degsy42
When: 23 Jul 18 08:07
correct answer , not heard any bigging up our chances , cant wait if we are doing half decent for the ‘ buying the league ‘ scenario
By:
mafeking
When: 23 Jul 18 12:30
surely all the hacks will and the dozens of your ex players who dominate media agenda
By:
duncan idaho
When: 23 Jul 18 13:14
not sure what else Karius could have done for 3rd goal (too low to push over, angle didnt give option to push it wide) but he was v lucky his terrible clearance earlier didnt lead to a goal...fingers crossed Allison can stay injury free or it could get messy for all
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 15:09
Pretty sad to see the treatment Karius is getting. But proves just how important it is that we have signed Alisson.

I am very, very excited about seeing Keita in our team. Can you imagine him behind our front three? Gives us another dimension. Im convinced he will be one of the stars of the Premier League this season.
By:
Wildcat Army.
When: 23 Jul 18 15:23
Well backed for the game against City on Wednesday.  9/5 on Hills coupon but that has since gone to 5/4 and I think that won't last much longer either.  Have seen 10/11 in some places.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 15:25
Can't really understand why anyone bets on pre-season games tbh.
By:
Ahoy 1982
When: 23 Jul 18 16:13
Agree re Keita CCM, I think this guy is the real deal, I can see him destroying teams this season.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 16:19
Whats your midfield three in the first choice eleven Ahoy?

Fabinho, Hendo, Keita?

Gutted about Ox Chambo.. he was a really good squad option. Every chance he will never be the same again Sad
By:
rothko
When: 23 Jul 18 16:25
i was pretty sad he ever pulled a liverpool shirt on again

this is professional football not under 9's

they are getting huge sums of money and if there not good enough then they need to be moved on asap
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 16:28
Why do you keep using the patronising under 9's gag rothko? I think we all understand how it works mate,

So you're saying KLopp should have sat him down after Kiev and said you will never play for us again? Sounds like a good idea.
By:
rothko
When: 23 Jul 18 16:34
yes thats what he should have done when he had a keeper lined up - absolutely
not trying to be patronising CCM but are you seriously suggesting we could have started the season with him in goal

I said he was shyte from day 1

anyway lets look forward and hope Allison is world class
would be happy with another centre half though
By:
Ahoy 1982
When: 23 Jul 18 16:38
Same 3 as you CCM, but I think they will all play plenty of games. Yes, sadly they don't come back the same after that injury! I don't think I've been this excited about a Liverpool team for a long time, pity City are so strong Blush
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 16:45
No I wasnt suggesting we should start the season with him in goal, quite clearly. Like every other Liverpool fan on the planet I wanted a new goalie.

But had we not been able to get one we wanted, we might have had to stick with him. Klopp did absolutely the right thing supporting him.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 23 Jul 18 16:46
Just praying we keep the front three fit Ahoy. It would be just our luck that once we finally have a top keeper and potentially a brilliant midfield, we lose something up front!
By:
rothko
When: 23 Jul 18 16:51
whats impressed me is that Klopp has targeted the areas of the pitch where we needed to upgrade to compete with the likes of city
VVD and Robertson were massive upgrades on what we had

I think both Alisson and Kieta will be massive upgrades as well

just need another centre half imo and be lucky with injuries
Page 4 of 271  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 271 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel