Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 10801 comments are related to the topic:
Liverpool Discussion Thread

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 271  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 271 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 10,801
By:
crystalhunt
When: 13 Jul 18 12:00
Jason Cundy Talksport, abuses a Liverpool supporter on air because of his views on the England team. Some people just can't disguise their hatred.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/listen-talksport-presenter-call-out-14903218
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 13 Jul 18 12:08
No fan of Jason Cundy at all, but the caller sounded like a complete bellend to me.

Rothko, as long as Karius pulls on a Liverpool shirt I will support him. Shame plenty won’t do the same.
By:
MrMeaner
When: 13 Jul 18 13:36
I think there's been too much of an over-reaction - based mainly on his CL horror-show - regarding Karius. Seems to me that Klopp doesn't believe in splashing big cash on a keeper, & I for one don't blame him. It's the 10 outfield players (plus subs) who'll bring home the trophies. Having a good keeper is a bonus, it's not the most important position though. That's not say we shouldn't stop seeking to improve, but it's not the end of the world if we don't do before the start of the season.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 13 Jul 18 17:52
essentially throwing 2 in your own net in the biggest game in club football gets the reaction it warrants....not an over-reaction at all
By:
rothko
When: 13 Jul 18 21:10
CCM just saying if he fecks up again dont expect the crowd to want to give him a hug and say we love you and will be loyal to you no matter how shy6te you are

this is a tough business and players who are clearly cr6p dont usually get their name chanted

perhaps you can start one on the Kop Wink
By:
anxious
When: 13 Jul 18 21:28
Mickeys signed Shaqiri 13m , yep not bad signing that for the money
By:
Ahoy 1982
When: 13 Jul 18 21:30
Is bascombe a reliable source as regards to the club?? He says Klopp wants to sign a number 10 and a goalkeeper!
By:
rothko
When: 13 Jul 18 21:39
i heard ward is number 1 now
Klopp p5ssed off with him with his attitude when he come back from huddersfield at the start of last year - unfit
But started pre season like he really wants it and sees his chance - Klopp happy now
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Jul 18 21:47
I'd imagine Fekir will be at the club by the close of the window.
By:
loui
When: 14 Jul 18 07:02
Yes PP got to re-negotiate contrsct with add ons regarding his knee situation. Still should go through
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 14 Jul 18 10:29
Not sure if Basccombe is still reliable tbh Ahoy. But I suppose we would all say those are the two positions we are looking at the most.

I haven’t seen enough of Ward to have a strong opinion but spoke to a Huddersfield season ticket holder in the boozer a few weeks ago and he said he always had a clanger in him. Which is exactly what we don’t need.

But we know Klopp operates now. If he doesn’t think there is anyone available that he wants, he will persevere until there is.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 14 Jul 18 10:31
Really can’t decide about Fekir. The fact we don’t really seem to have moved on suggests we still think we can get him.

But Aulas strikes me as a fella who won’t back down now, and his statements were pretty unequivocal. I don’t really buy the fact he was merely saying what he did as a bargaining chip.
By:
loui
When: 15 Jul 18 09:24
He looks a really good player and a great addition to our ever improving squad, wouldn’t it come down to insurance etc. Hoping its gone quiet due to world cup
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 15 Jul 18 09:32
I still think it was down to Lyon and accounting. I think the deal is all but done but they both just agreed to postpone it. No point rushing anyway seeing as he's in Russia.

Hopefully we clinch the signing of that lad who played against Everton yesterday to put some pressure on Karius.
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Jul 18 11:02
The French financial year still runs Jan-Dec!  If you're correct, we presumably won't see him before the January window?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 15 Jul 18 17:25
Interesting comments from Aulas today and a big change from what he said last time. I’d say Fekir has moved back to odds on to come in my mind now. Fingers crossed.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 15 Jul 18 19:18
A few rumours kicking about we’ve made a bid for Alisson! Fingers crossed...
By:
crystalhunt
When: 15 Jul 18 19:47
Great news - Sean Cox regains consciousness

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fan-sean-cox-regains-14910033
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 16 Jul 18 16:53
Plenty of rumours on Twitter that Fekir agreement has been reached!!
By:
Solano1
When: 16 Jul 18 19:53

Jul 15, 2018 -- 4:32AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

I still think it was down to Lyon and accounting. I think the deal is all but done but they both just agreed to postpone it. No point rushing anyway seeing as he's in Russia.Hopefully we clinch the signing of that lad who played against Everton yesterday to put some pressure on Karius.

Lol.

By:
jedi sophie
When: 16 Jul 18 22:14
Some interesting debate on the Goalkeeping front,AGAIN.
Surely surely we need to move on,and move on this summer,NOW.
We could be a real threat in league this year, but not with any of thec3 on our books,no chance.
Look at the difference the big fella Ederson ,made at City.Huge.Allison for me or preferably Oblak would have a similar impact.

Apart from his Ricks in CL Final have a look at Karius on Instagram or any other social media platform, this is not the profile of a Goalie,young man who feels he must work harder,earn our respect again, he's spanning around like he is the best goalkeeper in the world,not a care in the world,yes I get it they all do it, but not all cost us the ****g CL FINAL.
Get your head down you arrogant **** or **** off.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 16 Jul 18 22:16
Much rather spend 50 million on a top class goalie than another forward option, including Fekir.
Looks decent player but unproven in top league and to me actually did not look fit at world cup.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 16 Jul 18 22:17
And will also no doubt need 6 weeks off from now.ExcitedLaughHappy
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 18 11:32
Wijnaldum left out of training today.

Lots of talk he might be making way now we've got Keita and Fabinho.

Will be sorry to see him go as he's a good player but with Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Ox and poss one of Shaqiri/Fekir operating there we look pretty overstocked and him or Lallana seem those most at threat by the newcomers.

Linked to Fenerbahce which seems a hell of a drop in level and also presumably not mega-rich.
By:
charwell.
When: 17 Jul 18 12:22
What an option Shaqiri is off the bench and rotation/cup games. Hopefully Fekir and Alisson to come and just wow.........Herr Klopp is turning us into a real force! Still cannot stand Lovren (and think Matip is much better) but can't see us buying a CB and linked to nobody.......so JK likely to line up as this and wioth a quality bench too (if we make the aforementioned signings obviously):

Alisson

Arnold - Lovren - Virgil - Robertson

Fabinho - Keita

Salah - Fekir - Mane

Firmino

Bench: Matip, Shaq, Lallana, Hendo, Studge,

P.S Great news about Sean Cox.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 18 13:01
Haven't watched any pre-season but I wonder if now's the time for Gomez to move inside.

Trent is surely number one and we have Clyne too. Gomez, particularly as the RCB could compete with Lovren potentially.
By:
charwell.
When: 17 Jul 18 13:27
I like Gomez but he just makes too many mistakes currently but is young enough to progress. Lovren will always make calamitous gaffes at the worst time.
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 17 Jul 18 14:53
I could be wrong but can't see klopp spending fortunes on a keeper who conceded 7 goals into legs against us

What ive seen of him domestically in Europe and internationally i wouldn't invest heavily in him
By:
Wesdag
When: 17 Jul 18 14:58
Well they seem to have made a very large bid.

Bit harsh on Karius - thought the official line was he'd just had a knock on the head & was otherwise a decent keeper?
By:
charwell.
When: 17 Jul 18 17:44
It was.....until yet another blooper against Tranmere Laugh
By:
Wesdag
When: 17 Jul 18 19:16
Shocked
By:
TENDY
When: 17 Jul 18 19:30

Jul 17, 2018 -- 9:53AM, REDUNDANT PUNTER wrote:

I could be wrong but can't see klopp spending fortunes on a keeper who conceded 7 goals into legs against us What ive seen of him domestically in Europe and internationally i wouldn't invest heavily in him

I agree with that.

By:
Wesdag
When: 17 Jul 18 19:33
Just had a look, Karius I think is still concussed.

Laugh
By:
TENDY
When: 17 Jul 18 19:34

Jul 17, 2018 -- 8:27AM, charwell. wrote:

I like Gomez but he just makes too many mistakes currently but is young enough to progress. Lovren will always make calamitous gaffes at the worst time.

Very harsh or just usual bandwagon comment on Lovren!
Since the Spurs game when it was not even ALL his fault ...he was pretty much 90% + errorless and in several Crucial ECL games was SOLID!

Ps. He didn’t make an error in the final either as your comment suggests, in fact he made the equaliser too.

By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 17 Jul 18 20:07
What a huge week lads. Sounds like deals for the keeper and Fekir are both very close.

Our first XI looks ridiculous if we get them both. Probably even better than City imo. Very, very exciting times!
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 17 Jul 18 20:11
Lovren has had as good a last six months as any CB in the Prem. He’s earnt the right to start next season as first choice partner with VVd for me.

Imagine how much more solid he will look with a proper DM ahead of him and a better keeper behind. And also alongside a genuine world class CB. Their partnership looked excellent to me last season.

His confidence will also be sky high.
By:
degsy42
When: 17 Jul 18 20:15
if we get them 2 ccm , then fcuk me im buying a replica top
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 17 Jul 18 20:30
Brewster signed a five year deal as well Degs
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 17 Jul 18 20:55
It's all about opinions but for me lovren is average at best capable of having really good games or spells in games then bieng absolutely awful

He's got a decent midfield in front of him at international level and he's still very rash and hit and miss imo but I could be wrong
By:
pushkin99
When: 17 Jul 18 21:02
The part's of Klopp's jigsaw really starting to come together now. Still not sure that Alisson is the answer but if Klopp rates him...................

I think with Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri coming in, Liverpool might at last, be capable of challenging for the League. Needs a good start, but after that who knows?
Page 2 of 271  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 271 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com