Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheChaser
17 Jan 17 22:39
| Topic/replies: 45,044 | Blogger: TheChaser's blog
This man is surely owed the cash or has he broken any rules ?

Bullet points

A former bookie, who was refused a payout of £250,000 from Coral when he bet Rangers would be relegated, says the betting giant are 'cheating' and trying to 'have it both ways'.

He placed a £100 bet on the Ibrox club being relegated in 2012 at odds of 2500/1 and is suing Coral for refusing to pay out.

At the Court of Session in Edinburgh today 72-year old Albert Kinloch of Simshill Road, Glasgow, told how he began following reports about the Glasgow club's financial position in 2011 when they owed millions to HMRC.

He said he formed the opinion the club was in serious trouble and were "a dead club walking".

"You were being represented as an ordinary person, but you are highly informed about the gambling industry" - "highly respected"Grin said Mr Kinloch.

Mr Sandison then asked Mr Kinloch why he had gone five or six miles to the Coral shop when there were several other bookies closer.

Mr Kinloch replied that he had stopped going because: "when you are winning, they don't want your business".

As for the bet at Coral, Mr Kinloch said there had been nothing underhand about it. "I am not a mug punter" he added.LaughLaughLaugh

The hearing was adjourned until tomorrow.

PAY THE MAN

Full story

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gambler-claiming-2500000-coral-tells-9640469#rlabs=5%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 426
By:
mega88
When: 17 Jan 17 23:02
By:
TheChaser
When: 17 Jan 17 23:13
Old 72 year old guy just wants paid and i know how this feels

I hope he gets his Mustard

By:
akabula
When: 17 Jan 17 23:40
Seemingly the defence are calling the green brigade as witnesses as they have claimed that  Rangers weren't relegated but liquidated.
Dirty b4st4rds going against a fellow celtic fan like that. I can see the vid now Anyone but Albert. Wink
By:
TheChaser
When: 17 Jan 17 23:46
AKA what would think will he get paid or not ?

Or a settlement before they go back to court tomorrow ?

Surely he's going to get something his lawyer must fancy his chances
By:
TheChaser
When: 17 Jan 17 23:46
AKA what you* think will he get paid or not ?
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 00:06
He won't get paid.
He'll argue same club (a first for a celtic fan Laugh) but that's immaterial.
Company in liquidation and new company obtain the assets 9which includes the team) from liquidators and gets entry for them in lower league will be the defences claim.
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 00:10
Trying to PM you but don't know how. I can only reply to a received PM so PM me and I'll give you a bit of insight here.
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 00:12
Might be some rule saying relegation to Championship or Division 1 whatever it was called then
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 00:14
Request sent
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 01:29
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/420418/a-punter-is-suing-coral-bookies-for-refusing-a-250000-payout-on-his-wager-that-rangers-would-be-relegated/

Picture Albert on this link

Just pay the geezer
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 02:38
James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman  14h14 hours ago
Kinloch telling court about how he uses betting exchanges to monitor odds from different bookmakers.
"Something wrong with that?" he asks
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 02:39
James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman  14h14 hours ago
Kinloch says that if Texas hold them poker had arrived in UK when he was younger he would have turned professional

LaughGrin

Old boy giving it large

By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 02:49
James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman  15h15 hours ago
Kinloch notes Coral earned £604m last year, adds"The only word for their conduct is cheating. They thought I'd give in, but I didnae."LaughLaugh
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 02:49
Doleman was the guy who crowd funded celtic fand for £2500 at £25 a pop to tweet reports on a Rangers case.
He got his dates wrong and missed the first day. On the second day the Judge banned tweeting. Laugh
By:
Zazu
When: 18 Jan 17 03:24
Pay the man

Questioned by Craig Sandison QC for Coral, Mr Kinloch said he had began working for his father, a bookmaker when he was 14 or 15.

"We have not heard anything about this or your experience as a bookmaker" said Mr Sandison. "No-one asked" was the reply.

"You were being represented as an ordinary person, but you are highly informed about the gambling industry" - "highly respected" said Mr Kinloch.

Dreadful stuff from Corals legal team Laugh
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 03:30
I hope he gets paid as well.
Judge might consider that it was up to Corals to be more specific in their rules on what constitutes relegation.
Corals defence saying difference between relegation and demotion. Irrelevant imo if not stated in their rules.
I'm sure on this evidence the footie forum experts will find for the plaintiff. Case closed. Cool
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 03:35
James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman  15h15 hours ago
Sandison asks Kinloch where he got £100 for bet.    LaughLaugh

Witness says he won lots of money at  poker tournaments, 3rd in Scottish championship

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman  13h13 hours ago
Kinloch was asked if he usually carried £100 in cash? "Yes," he replies, "is there anything wrong with that?"'

"Your average guy in the betting shop is a complete mug" Kinloch says

Counsel suggests £100 is a lot of money for a bet you think will lose

Kinloch says £100 is not a lot money, "is mine and I can do what I like with it."

Counsel tells witness he is implying no judgment.

Trying to get away from paying by demanding to know why he had £100 GrinLaugh
By:
themover
When: 18 Jan 17 03:39
Always essential to check with wiki for evidence. A simple search of "SPL 2011 Table Wiki" on Google and voila :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Scottish_Premier_League

The table clearly shows Rangers in second place with the all important (R) not after their name (unlike Dunfermline Athletic who have the (R) )

Case closed, and the jury finds Mr Kinloch guilty of being a MUG punter.
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 03:44
"Yes," he replies, "is there anything wrong with that?"'
"is mine and I can do what I like with it."

Loving his answers. Batting them right back. Laugh
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 03:47
I don't think that will hold much water in the court themover.
So silence in court or I'll have you taken down for leading erroneous evidence.
Pay the man what he's owed. Happy
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 03:54
Aye he has some good answers no p2ssing about just tells it how it is

Mover don't use wiki as facts

https://m0.joe.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/04153252/WikipediaStrok.png

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/record-breaking-football-manager-regen-gets-his-own-wikipedia-page-briefly/9687

They had Ivan Strok a fake Celtic footballer on it
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 03:56
Meant irrelevant not erroneous - getting late. Blush
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 03:57
Hope he get's interviewed with STV after he wins his case holding a coral cheque

They would probably allow it for free advertisement
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 04:00
I remember their slogan was Never a quarrel with Joe Coral.
Should bring that up. Laugh
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 04:06
Evolved to Never a quarrel bet with Coral. Googled it and they were promoting a horse called Never a Quarrel that was running that day.
Was 4 years ago, do they still use it?
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 04:14
Not sure tbh

But i have heard it

Hopefully he is saving it for tomorrow Laugh
By:
stewarty b
When: 18 Jan 17 04:24
That slogan was actually used when owned by Joe Coral IIRC.
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 04:35
Yep Stew but I googled it and it looks like they were using something similar 4 years ago.
Might be me picking it up wrong.
By:
stewarty b
When: 18 Jan 17 04:40
If they used that four years ago Aka they have a feckin cheek. The last time I phoned them about six years ago I asked for a ton EW on a 9/2 chance. Waited a while and was told I could have 75 win, 25 place. Never phoned them again but by all accounts they are worse now.
By:
stewarty b
When: 18 Jan 17 04:45
* I should add the last time I saw it advertised was in The Sporting Life. Never seen it in the RP.
By:
akabula
When: 18 Jan 17 04:45
Patrick Starr just loves them Laugh
By:
stewarty b
When: 18 Jan 17 04:47
They're all much about the same now Aka.
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 09:59
DAVID MURPHY ‏@MurphsdDAVID  14h14 hours ago
@brucemillington Can you please do a "Big"piece about "The Albert Kinloch vs Corals,court case "not seen anything yet 1\2

@brucemillington Being swept under the carpet,needs reporting,big style,interesting 2\2

Go on ALBERT Laugh
By:
dambuster
When: 18 Jan 17 10:55
Bruce, if Corals won't invite you out anymore for freebies, i'll take you out for a few pints and a 2for1 meal ..
But you must print it first..
By:
par
When: 18 Jan 17 11:25
If the bet was "will Rangers be in top league of Scottish Football next season" he would have been paid, but would not have been 250/1, the state they were in it could have been 2/1
By:
ThirdTimeLucky
When: 18 Jan 17 11:26
@brucemillington Can you please do a "Big"piece about "The Albert Kinloch vs Corals,court case "not seen anything yet 1\2

@brucemillington Being swept under the carpet,needs reporting,big style,interesting 2\2

1.01 the former Crayford sh1t sweeper has now blocked you!
By:
TheChaser
When: 18 Jan 17 11:34
Bruce Millington ‏@brucemillington  15h15 hours ago
Seville 40-1 for the Champions League? Yes please.

It's not me tweeting him but the old sh1t sweeper is placing bets at 40s which i put up here at 100/1 in October.I can only assume he reads my posts Grin
By:
Coachbuster
When: 18 Jan 17 13:47
difficult one as clearly the odds were about Rangers getting relegated not chucked out by their ear ,so palpable error maybe they are sayiung  . On the other hand Bookies should have  clearer rules about these type of bets . There must have been others like him who put on this bet and didn't get a pay out and Corals would have taken their money gladly .

Maybe a compromose should have been made before a court case ,and i hope Corals have to pay out something here .
By:
Latalomne
When: 18 Jan 17 14:03
£10 free bet on the what day will tomorrow be market*. 

*free bet must be on a selection priced at evens or above.
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com