Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zazu
10 Apr 16 17:51
| Topic/replies: 4,336 | Blogger: Zazu's blog
Have I missed something? Confused

Absolutely waltzed to this years title.

City 6/4
Arsenal 5/1
Chelsea 5/1
Man Utd 6/1
Spurs 9/1
Liverpool 16/1
Pause Switch to Standard View Leicester 2016/2017 Premier League 40/1
Show More
Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 5:53 PM BST
If a team comes in with huge offers for Vary, Mahrez and Kante I wouldn't take 80/1. All depends if they can keep their star players over the summer.
Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 5:55 PM BST
Liverpool at 16/1 are the bet. Klopp will turn Liverpool in to title challengers next season. The other sides at the top of the betting are still a bit weak. Guardiola will need time at City. Arsenal couldn't win a raffle. Chelsea new manager who will need a while to bed in. Man Utd a disgrace. Spurs heavily reliant on Kane.
Report Zazu April 10, 2016 6:06 PM BST
Liverpool are dire. Would need 3 or 4 signings and Sturridge to stay fit to be a title threat

Chelsea, United and Liverpool wont have Champions league football next year

Vardy has just signed new contract. Mahrez or Kante might get attention from European elite but Leicester could easily bring in a few good players and/or bolster squad
Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 6:08 PM BST
Yep I expect Jürgen Klopp to make some big signings come the summer. He's done a great job with the squad he currently has. Capital one cup final and potential Europa League winners.
Report Crisp77 April 10, 2016 6:12 PM BST
They have eaten lots of pizza this year which will slow them down
Report rob_dylan April 10, 2016 6:44 PM BST
Where are theseprices from?  Coincidentally I just started a thread about next season, hadnt seen this.
Report sofaking April 10, 2016 6:51 PM BST

Apr 10, 2016 -- 6:08PM, YOMOMMA wrote:

Yep I expect Jürgen Klopp to make some big signings come the summer. He's done a great job with the squad he currently has. Capital one cup final and potential Europa League winners.

He's done a great job really?   With a squad that has cost hundreds of millions (not his signings I know but that's not as big an issue as people claim it is).

Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 6:54 PM BST
The signings have been totally diabolical! Rodgers fault.
Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 6:56 PM BST
Do you remember how rubbish they were after Suarez left and Sturridge was injured. They were an shambles. Klopp has worked wonders and is nothing short of a genius.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 10, 2016 7:27 PM BST
leicestar look like prime candidates to join the select group of clubs who got relegated after tackling europe.
Report sofaking April 10, 2016 7:42 PM BST

Apr 10, 2016 -- 6:56PM, YOMOMMA wrote:

Do you remember how rubbish they were after Suarez left and Sturridge was injured. They were an shambles. Klopp has worked wonders and is nothing short of a genius.

Still trying to figure out if you're winding us up or not.   Pool were higher in the table when Rodgers was sacked than they are now.

Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 7:50 PM BST
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34423344

Rodgers was dismissed after Sunday's 1-1 draw at Everton, which left the Reds 10th in the Premier League, but the decision was made before the game.

Liverpool currently 8th with 2 games in hand on 7th placed Southampton.
Report sofaking April 10, 2016 7:56 PM BST
Ok, I thought they were down in 13th spot or thereabouts. Still,  it's a bit farfetched to call him a genius.  There have been plenty of poor results during his reign.
Report YOMOMMA April 10, 2016 7:59 PM BST
He's only been there a handful of months so you can't expect miracles in the league. The run to the capital one cup final and the progress in the Europa League do show he is a top manager. Liverpool were struggling under Rodgers before he was sacked.
Report sofaking April 10, 2016 8:06 PM BST

Apr 10, 2016 -- 7:59PM, YOMOMMA wrote:

He's only been there a handful of months so you can't expect miracles in the league. The run to the capital one cup final and the progress in the Europa League do show he is a top manager. Liverpool were struggling under Rodgers before he was sacked.

I wouldn't read too much into either of those cup runs.  The big teams don't really take those tournaments seriously. But we'll see how he does next season after purchasing some of his own players.

Report n88uk April 10, 2016 9:56 PM BST
The opposition will likely be much tougher given the managers.

It's looking like you will have Guardiola (Man City), Mourinho (Man Utd), Conte (Chelsea), Klopp (Liverpool) all in the Premier League next year. Yes Klopp was already there this year but he come in mid-season and has had no real chance to put his stamp on the squad yet. Those managers have done a lot of winning in the last 5 or so years. On top of this Leicester will probably lose a few players to the vultures circling around, and have European football to deal with.
Report Zazu April 10, 2016 11:03 PM BST
City dont look like a £billion team. Aguero and Kompany most important players and always get injured
Mourinho got sacked from Chelsea. Has a far worse set of players at United
Cant have Liverpool at all
Mourinho and Huddink have failed to make Chelsea look 1/2 decent. Big ask for Conte
Arsenal are Arsenal

Bet365 have now cut to 28/1, Hills still showing 40/1
Report Zazu April 10, 2016 11:03 PM BST
Coral not William Hill
Report Platini April 11, 2016 12:37 AM BST
you missed out Spuds.
Report sofaking April 11, 2016 1:39 AM BST

Apr 11, 2016 -- 12:37AM, Platini wrote:

you missed out Spuds.

True,  Spurs are the youngest squad in the league.  They'll be certainly in the mix.

Report Zazu April 11, 2016 1:57 AM BST
Ive dismissed all the other market leaders... Spurs are a big danger
Report Rugbyleaguer April 11, 2016 9:17 AM BST
Spurs behind united in the betting is the biggest shock, take that in a season match bet all day long
Report YOMOMMA April 11, 2016 9:45 AM BST

Apr 10, 2016 -- 8:06PM, sofaking wrote:

Apr 10, 2016 --  7:59PM, YOMOMMA wrote:He's only been there a handful of months so you can't expect miracles in the league. The run to the capital one cup final and the progress in the Europa League do show he is a top manager. Liverpool were struggling under Rodgers before he was sacked.I wouldn't read too much into either of those cup runs.  The big teams don't really take those tournaments seriously. But we'll see how he does next season after purchasing some of his own players.

It's only the English side who have a superiority complex when it comes to the Europa League.

Spurs win the league - Please don't make me laugh. Spurs are **** and are a one man team. If Harry Kane is sold they wouldn't be in the top half.

Leicester will be unable to repeat this season's heroics as they are one dimensional and play counter attacking football. Teams will have figured them out next season. The team you are all looking for is Liverpool. Jürgen Klopp is the greatest manager of all time and he will win the league before you know it probably next season, mark my words! The Premiership is a disgrace and he will make mince meat of the opposition.

Report Ted Brogan April 11, 2016 10:26 AM BST
I'd be much more interested in their price for relegation; they will more than likely lose the core of their team this summer, as they become transfer targets for some of the bigger clubs in Europe.

They have also been lucky with injuries this season (ie not having many), and as Yomomma says, I think they will get caught out next season as other teams suss them out.
Report layingisthewayforward April 11, 2016 11:31 AM BST
Man city 6/4 seems a crazy price!
Report coaster April 11, 2016 1:14 PM BST
The year doesn't end with a '61' so we can safely rule spuds out, Again.
Report gazman78 April 11, 2016 2:47 PM BST
How much for Leicester to go down next season?
Report clacherholiday2 April 11, 2016 4:42 PM BST
Leicester will bring in about 5 or 6 European journeymen, they'll lose Kante, Mahrez and maybe the keeper aswell. 

Top half.
Report sofaking April 11, 2016 7:12 PM BST

Apr 11, 2016 -- 9:45AM, YOMOMMA wrote:

Apr 10, 2016 --  8:06PM, sofaking wrote:Apr 10, 2016 --  7:59PM, YOMOMMA wrote:He's only been there a handful of months so you can't expect miracles in the league. The run to the capital one cup final and the progress in the Europa League do show he is a top manager. Liverpool were struggling under Rodgers before he was sacked.I wouldn't read too much into either of those cup runs.  The big teams don't really take those tournaments seriously. But we'll see how he does next season after purchasing some of his own players.It's only the English side who have a superiority complex when it comes to the Europa League.Spurs win the league - Please don't make me laugh. Spurs are **** and are a one man team. If Harry Kane is sold they wouldn't be in the top half.Leicester will be unable to repeat this season's heroics as they are one dimensional and play counter attacking football. Teams will have figured them out next season. The team you are all looking for is Liverpool. Jürgen Klopp is the greatest manager of all time and he will win the league before you know it probably next season, mark my words! The Premiership is a disgrace and he will make mince meat of the opposition.

Really hope this is a wind-up attempt.

Report Zazu April 11, 2016 7:51 PM BST
Liverpool fans pay for my holidays - Fred Done (Betfred)
Report n88uk April 12, 2016 12:08 AM BST
Without signings or in Leicester's case sales, it's kind of meaningless though. If Leicester somehow kept the current squad and added to it 40/1 might be value, but the chances of that actually happening are very unlikely. They will probably lose a couple of core players and be down to mid-table within a season.
Report Senyatta April 12, 2016 3:15 AM BST
city 5/4 is a joke. had planned a big bet on them for next season but not sure i can take that price. i thought 2/1 would be a terrible price never expected this. surely after the last few seasons it is shown to be wide open. not sure what action the bookies think they will be getting but can't imagine anyone taking that joke price
Report Gnarley April 12, 2016 4:18 AM BST
West Ham @150/1 for me. £25 E/W.

Seems daft but they have a solid core to build on and a couple of new signings in key positions could see those odds slashed by December. (Hopefully).
Oh yes, I nearly forgot, the simple fact that they've got Payet, Dimitri Payet Happy
Report Zazu April 12, 2016 7:47 AM BST
Without signings or in Leicester's case sales, it's kind of meaningless though. If Leicester somehow kept the current squad and added to it 40/1 might be value

So if they had exactly the same squad on day 1, 40/1 may be value? Confused

They're 20points ahead of city, United, pool, Chelsea and theyre single figure prices! You'd think their new managers were jesus and moses.
Report duncan idaho April 12, 2016 8:27 AM BST
Massive part of Leicester's success this season is the fact they've been able to field a settled XI week in week out (was similar with LFC under Rodgers a couple of yrs ago..no Euro, knocked out of cups early= Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson all figured in 30+ Prem games)....this is aided by playing only one game a week most weeks, meaning lots of minor injuries have time to come good before the next game [Leic have played only 3 non-Prem games since mid-Oct, whereas Spurs, for example, have played 12]..it will be different for them next season, with CL/poss Europa League games, and you'd certainly want to know Kante was staying
Report duncan idaho April 12, 2016 8:30 AM BST
Rugbyleaguer
11 Apr 16 09:17

Spurs behind united in the betting is the biggest shock, take that in a season match bet all day long

i think you'll be in a minority being shocked by that
Report bobweenit April 12, 2016 11:33 AM BST
Totally agree with what your saying YOMOMMA in regards to the reds, Kenny must have been Brendas bit on the sideWink
Report bobweenit April 12, 2016 11:38 AM BST
Rodgers was managing the reds they get rolled 3-0 in Dortmund! he keeps hold of the decent players like couthino Emre and brings in a some better defenders and midfielders and a top striker maybe 6 signings and they will be contenting. Rodgers pulled the wool over all the mug pool fans 4 a while he was useless and ultimately bottled the title when it was there's to lose as a fan it was a little disappointing but the big lay @1.4 sweetened the blow a littleWink And he s punked more money up the wall than the co op CEO spent on rent boys and illicitsGrin
Report bobweenit April 12, 2016 11:39 AM BST
And to the Op Leicester will really struggle 4 top next season, would want 20/1 on that never mind 40s on winning the league
Report clacherholiday2 April 12, 2016 11:56 AM BST
West Ham a great shout at 150/1.
Report Coachbuster April 12, 2016 10:19 PM BST
West Ham would be a very good shout .

But it's a case of will they keep their team intact ? and  how long will  Bilić  hang around for ?   will he be the next Arsenal manager ? Laugh

Atmosphere will suffer at the new ground i tell ye
Report pumphol. April 12, 2016 10:45 PM BST
Think your be wrong about the atmosphere at the Olympic stadium Coach
Report Coachbuster April 12, 2016 10:52 PM BST
hope i'm wrong Pumpy lad but the old ground must have been woth a few points ,pitch close to the ground and all that .  Worse than can happen is the empty spacing during any lean times  Cool
Report Rugbyleaguer April 12, 2016 11:41 PM BST

i think you'll be in a minority being shocked by that

Doubt many would tip man utd to finish above spurs apart from the bookies, as they know there is more supporters/mug money around from utd backers even as virtual no hopers, nothing will be any different next year, priced up on name and not quality as usual
Report pumphol. April 12, 2016 11:59 PM BST
Coach all season tickets sold out, adding an extra 6,000 seats to help accommodate a waiting list of around 25k, I doubt there will be too many empty seats next season at least.
Report Coachbuster April 13, 2016 12:29 AM BST
not for a long time pumpy lad
Report duncan idaho April 13, 2016 8:23 AM BST
Sorry Rugbyleaguer, i somehow managed to totally misread your first post...my mistake, totally agree with you  Blush
Report YOMOMMA April 14, 2016 10:23 PM BST
ttt
Report maltese falcon April 14, 2016 10:54 PM BST
This is quite amusing.  Unless Leicester have been completely the wrong price in every single game they have played they are far from the best team this season let alone next.  The combination of no injuries, few cup games, other teams failures (and injuries), other teams rebuilding and also other teams not even trying that hard against Leicester have led us to a very strange result that is unlikely to be repeated any time soon.  If they kept exactly the same squad I would be hugely surprised if they finished in the Top 6.  With a target on their back and a few key losses (Kante/Mahrez in particular) in the transfer market Bottom 6 is far likelier.
Report YOMOMMA May 6, 2016 12:01 AM BST
CoolCoolCool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com