Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
neworder69
13 Sep 15 14:32
| Topic/replies: 1,390 | Blogger: neworder69's blog
There is barely one good game these days............utter utter gash most of the time.
German and dare I say it italien much better and then theres the 2 spanish teams!!!
ours is bang terrible

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 79
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 13 Sep 15 14:44
PSG are also a good side to watch
By:
neworder69
When: 13 Sep 15 14:45
agreed,french league one of my faves for making money:)
By:
BARNEY15C
When: 13 Sep 15 14:48
February 20, 1992, and has been going downhill ever since
By:
Super Hans
When: 13 Sep 15 15:04
Because the primary aim is to avoid losing as appose to winning games.
By:
neworder69
When: 13 Sep 15 15:07
what happened then Barney:)? not that I disagree its been downhill since modern sky era........certainly last few years
By:
BARNEY15C
When: 13 Sep 15 15:21
start of the prem neworder Grin
By:
hitmanhearn
When: 13 Sep 15 15:24
It will get worse when Wenger and Mourinho leave. If we are relying on British coaches we are in serious lumber.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 13 Sep 15 15:38
Too many poor sides in the bottom half, middle of the league and the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool now are not as good as they used to be. Arsenal always unlikely to win the league. Chelsea a bit boring. Only leaves Man City as a team you can count on to watch and be entertained this season.
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 13 Sep 15 15:41
EPL starting to resemble 60s show The Prisoner. Potentially decent European players given double/triple wages, but forced to spend 5 years in Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke, etc.
By:
mafeking
When: 13 Sep 15 15:41
mourinho one of the worst culprits for serving up dire rubbish for the resources at his disposal
By:
desperatemunter
When: 13 Sep 15 15:56

Sep 13, 2015 -- 3:41PM, DIE LINKE wrote:

EPL starting to resemble 60s show The Prisoner. Potentially decent European players given double/triple wages, but forced to spend 5 years in Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke, etc.

yes ! great analogy.   a gilded prison.

By:
themover
When: 13 Sep 15 15:59
went down my local to watch the United v Liverpool match. In years gone by the pub would have been packed, barely half full this weekend.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 16:07
When Brendan rodgers is manager of a once great team and nobody gives a care its sends a statement to the rest of the premier teams that English football is finished.
back in the good old days all the x Liverpool players would not allow a non fit for purpose manager take care.
mancherster united fans use to demand success,now they settle for European football.
its over imvho.Cry
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 13 Sep 15 16:35
I reckon they should do away with 1 point for a draw.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 13 Sep 15 16:35
Lots and lots of overpaid and very average foreigners, playing in the League, is why it has gone downhill. Get back to having just British players and eventually, it would improve again.
By:
john92
When: 13 Sep 15 16:44
I think that there is so much money in the English game that just getting there is the prize. A decent player can make much more in England than in Spain, Germany or Italy. Once they have a 4 year contract at an English team they coast, it's job done. That's just how I see it anyway.
By:
BARNEY15C
When: 13 Sep 15 16:47
extra points for a team scoring 3 or more goals
By:
betchat
When: 13 Sep 15 16:51
Even the commentators on the radio were saying the first half of the MU game was the death of football.  They're even realising it's dross for £millions with the transfers.
By:
betchat
When: 13 Sep 15 16:52
^ transfer fees.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 16:56
fans should get free admission to the next home game if their team fail to score.
By:
1st time poster
When: 13 Sep 15 17:01
they,ll be the same radio pundits who,ve been banging on for 25 yrs about wanting centre halves to take it off the keeper and pass it between themselves,theyve now all realised it only works if you have messi,ronny,pirlo,zlatav etc at the other end and we havnt in this country, so it all becomes pointless,
i dont mind managers like brenda wanting to play a certain way [not my way] but they do themselves no favours when they go from setting a blueprint for the club training 6 days  aweek to achieve it,to braying the ball up front to the big fella the second they go behind in a game
By:
ffaith
When: 13 Sep 15 17:02
Nobody can tell me that Loveren is better than Gomez.  Dele Alli seems better than most of the dross at Spurs.  How Oxlade-Chamberlain can not hold down a regular place at Arseanal is a national scandal imo.

Managers going for the safe option and buying foreign.  The vast majority are average joes who are coasting and offer no value for money.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 17:20
lets be honest about it,if stoke were playing Bournemouth and it was on live on sky,how many of you would tune in to see it if you had no betting interest on the game?.my guess is not many.
By:
mafeking
When: 13 Sep 15 17:23
can't imagine any but the biggest games get very many neutrals watching these days. even united liverpool was shocking beyond belief first half
By:
cricketnut2
When: 13 Sep 15 17:24
I would because most of Bournemouth's players are british and here in this game Leicester and Villa, plenty of foreigners on the pitch and its 2 British lads, that have given us 2 quality pieces of finishing.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 17:26
Liverpool go out to play these days with a plan of not to lose,they believe that a draw is progress.
By:
BennyBinion1
When: 13 Sep 15 17:49
Just now and then, it aint too bad....
By:
Mr Spock
When: 13 Sep 15 17:53
The 'curse of the forum' strikes again, Leicester Villa in a 5 goal thriller.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 19:14
I hope I do not offend anybody,but in this day and age I can not see the sense in the board of management at Liverpool football club persisting with the situation that is going on at the club.i can not see why the fans put up with the negative football being played,and most of all I can not understand why the x players who were so proud to wear the Liverpool shirt allow the once great club disintegrate .it has to stop,someone must grab the bull by the horns and get Brendan Rodgers out.
the surprising thing about it all is that everyone knows and agrees with what I say but still allow it to happen.
it is surely beyond belief that the powers that be stand by and allow it.
By:
Captain Christy
When: 13 Sep 15 19:18
Wrong fred
By:
Darlo Bantam
When: 13 Sep 15 19:49

Sep 13, 2015 -- 5:53PM, Mr Spock wrote:

The 'curse of the forum' strikes again, Leicester Villa in a 5 goal thriller.

Even the Argie-ball league had a six-goal thriller the other day.

By:
trilby22
When: 13 Sep 15 19:52
To answer your question no69, the day Sky invented it.
By:
funkymonkey
When: 13 Sep 15 20:28
If somebody handed me a contract for 4 years, which made me a millionaire overnight, a contract they have to fulfill once signed and all I then have to do is show up and go through the motions to cover my side of the deal, I wonder how motivated i would be to perform my best?

If the club who gave me this are a mid or low table side, with little to no chance of significant silverware, where me working my arse off week in week out may make the difference of finishing 12th or 13th in the table, would I bother to put that work in?

If the club i joined has nothing to do with who i supported as a kid, my hometown or home country, has no emotional connection to me whatsoever, and a team i just joined because they offered me the most money, would i really care deeply if things turned out bad for them?

When I watch the Premiership, this is what i wonder about the vast majority of players in it. Almost all join whichever club pays them the highest salary and after a few years of that, they look like they just don't care less. They will happily desert any sinking ship if they are offered a better deal. There is no loyalty and no genuine connection to the fanbase.

There are of course exceptions to this, but not that many players.

When I watched the Man Utd v Liverpool match, that first half, i couldn't find a single player on either team who looked like it truly mattered to them. I hope i am wrong.
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 20:59
its a funny game,in most professions if you don't do what you are paid to do,you lose your employment,but in football it seems to me that all you have to do is turn up and you get paid.in fact a lot of guys sit on a bench week in week out and get 70 or 80 grand a week for doing it.
imagine a plumber who never fixes a leak but is paid a large amount of money for not doing what he is paid to do.
and imagine all the other plumbers high fiving him and hugging and dancing around with joy if by some chance the plumber happens to fix the leak.Laugh
By:
Danno
When: 13 Sep 15 21:29
The problem is that the rewards for being in the Premier League are so high due to the £5bn TV deal, that for approx 14-15 clubs every year, the summit of their ambitions is to finish 17th.  Only those half dozen clubs with the means to get into the top 4 and the further riches of the CL will really bother once safety for another year's Prem survival is achieved.

Newcastle a prime example.  So long as they are in the PL, it's the perfect shop window for Ashley's real business, ie, Sports Direct.  It's not worth the investment in the top players to get into the top 4, so as long as they don't get relegated that's good enough.  Cup competitions are sacrificed in order for this to be achieved.  For all the laughing we do at Geordies for taking it so seriously, I do feel genuinely sorry for them that their once great club has been turned into a vehicle for simply flogging chav companies like Sports Direct and Wonga.
By:
BARNEY15C
When: 13 Sep 15 21:33
three words - greed, greed, and greed its as simple as that
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Sep 15 21:55
perhaps the answer is for some clubs to merge,but I can not see the supporters agreeing.
but some teams will go out of existence if the league keeps going the way its going.
the transfer market has got out of hand altogher,and small clubs are caught in a catch 22 situation.
they either buy better players(that they cannot afford)or they stay struggling in the lower leagues.
By:
trilby22
When: 13 Sep 15 22:06

Sep 13, 2015 -- 9:33PM, BARNEY15C wrote:

three words - greed, greed, and greed its as simple as that

That's eight words, Barney.

By:
trilby22
When: 13 Sep 15 22:06
^ different
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by: