Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
30 Aug 15 16:28
| Topic/replies: 35,645 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
one of the biggest sulkers in the game when things don't go right 50 odd million oh dear

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 120
By:
Solano1
When: 30 Aug 15 16:31
Good job he's going to the 15-16 champions then, imo.

Mischief
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Aug 15 16:32
(financial) fair play to them
By:
dr . atkins
When: 30 Aug 15 16:34
on early form best team by a mile could be over by xmas if they keep it up
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 30 Aug 15 16:35
Shortest EPL season ever.
By:
Solano1
When: 30 Aug 15 16:35
Etihad sponsorship, init.
By:
tommo1000
When: 30 Aug 15 16:46
who`s place is he going to take??,city would pay 20 million quid for roy chubby brown if he was offered to them,completely out of control imo
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 30 Aug 15 16:48
should be disgusted by this obscene spending, but if it stops Chelsea and Man Utd winning anything....
By:
super spurs
When: 30 Aug 15 16:50
THANK FCUK 4 THAT.SICK of HEARING ABOUT THIS TRANSFER.not worth half of the 54 million city of paid 4 him.but lets wait and see,i maybe wrong.
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 17:53
Cool
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 17:56
dr . atkins
Date Joined:    07 Jan 07
one of the biggest sulkers in the game when things don't go right 50 odd million oh dear

There's an ever growing list of players that aren't happy playing for Mourinho, he's been no trouble at any other club and was this only ever heard of when Mourinho decided to slag him off after thinking he might have sold a player for £18m that 1 year later was sold for nearly £60m so tried to make out he wasn't The Dumb One Laugh
By:
Marcce
When: 30 Aug 15 18:06
It was heard of 2 years ago when he was sent to train with the under 21's after a couldn't care less performance at Swindon in the League Cup.
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 30 Aug 15 18:07
podolski mark 2
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 30 Aug 15 18:08
I don't rate De Bryune and think he's only worth about half the transfer fee if that, a James Milner doing the donkey work would have been more useful.
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 18:11

Aug 30, 2015 -- 12:06PM, Marcce wrote:

It was heard of 2 years ago when he was sent to train with the under 21's after a couldn't care less performance at Swindon in the League Cup.

they left him out of the match squad against Tottenham after being ahead of Mata in the pecking order. Mourinho then played Mata...we know how that ended.

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 18:17
so who makes way for kevin, nasri now on the bench?
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 18:19
Aguero

Sterling De Bruyne Silva

would be my guess Tongue Out
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 18:20
you can smell the goals already Cool
By:
Marcce
When: 30 Aug 15 18:24
He wasn't ahead of Mata as such. That summer there was a likelihood Mata would be off. Willian was bought in the expectation he probably would be. When Mata came on that day against Tottenham he helped to turn the game. When De Bruyne got that game against Swindon he got himself training time with the under 21's.

Now it could be all down to Mourinho's attitude towards him but based on everything we saw at Chelsea, paying over 50 million for him is total madness. We'll see if that proves to be true.
By:
Sank
When: 30 Aug 15 18:27
Quality signings of City and United ... Laugh
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 18:29
someone show my a probable lineup
By:
themover
When: 30 Aug 15 18:43
Aguero

Sterling De Bruyne Silva (or De Bruyne Silva Sterling)

Toure Fernandinho

Clichy (Kolarov) Mangala (Otamendi) Kompany Zabaleta

Hart
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 30 Aug 15 18:43
City have raised the bar with this signing, they now have a superb front 4. Also have good strength in depth with the likes of Navas, Nasri and Bony to come off the bench.

Meanwhile Jose still finds room for Mikel on the Chelsea bench.
By:
mafeking
When: 30 Aug 15 18:48
bet they'll still make an absolute pig's ear of getting out of their CL group
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 18:48
do we not think fernadinho might be a victim for this and citeh go all out attack?
By:
Marcce
When: 30 Aug 15 18:52
Have they raised the bar? As I say it remains to be seen whether they get the German model of De Bruyne or the less impressive Chelsea model of him but it wasn't an area they were weak in anyway.

I presume you didn't see City's bench yesterday btw?
By:
11kv
When: 30 Aug 15 18:58
50 mill to the Arabs is nothing is it whether he performs or not............

Buying for buying's sake,bolster the squad in case of injuries probably will hardly play
By:
mafeking
When: 30 Aug 15 19:07
paid £100M+ for 2 wide men worth £50M at the most
By:
Sank
When: 30 Aug 15 19:14
burn money burn... de bruyne will leave the club in 2 years for 10-20M
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 30 Aug 15 19:18
As a long suffering Leeds fan I can only laugh uproariously at the barely concealed seething of the various chumps on here who are doubtless supporters of the likes of United. Swallow it down boys. City have strengthened again in one of the few positions they needed to bring in quality. Say goodbye for another season as you watch them disappear over the horizon. Beautiful Beeeeauuuuttttifffful.
By:
JC1326
When: 30 Aug 15 19:20
Didn't he win the player of the year in Germany? Considering all the Bayern players can coast through the majority of matches and still fill their boots, makes you think what sort of achievement that is
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 30 Aug 15 19:22

Aug 30, 2015 -- 12:52PM, Marcce wrote:

Have they raised the bar? As I say it remains to be seen whether they get the German model of De Bruyne or the less impressive Chelsea model of him but it wasn't an area they were weak in anyway.I presume you didn't see City's bench yesterday btw?

What makes you think they'll get the Chelsea model of him? In the 18 months since he left he's been playing regular football, was player of the year and played at a world cup. Can we not assume he's improved since he left Chelsea?

Yeah i did see their bench, a few kids there but let's not forget they have Otamendi and de Bruyne to come into the side plus the likes of Bony, Zabaleta and Clichy to return from injury. They're very strong.

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 19:28
hes 100% improved since he left mugsea, no doubt about it mugrinho held him back
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 19:28
anyone who watched the bundesliga last season can vouch for thi
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Aug 15 19:29
sometimes I wish I was an arab with umlimited wealth, lucky bastards
By:
Marcce
When: 30 Aug 15 19:46
What makes you think they'll get the Chelsea model of him? In the 18 months since he left he's been playing regular football, was player of the year and played at a world cup. Can we not assume he's improved since he left Chelsea?

Yeah i did see their bench, a few kids there but let's not forget they have Otamendi and de Bruyne to come into the side plus the likes of Bony, Zabaleta and Clichy to return from injury. They're very strong.

As I said it remains to be seen what model they get but Chelsea was pretty much his only experience of not being the main man in a creative sense. He didn't adapt well to that plus as I say he's not improving an area where City were weak anyway. They were the highest scorers in the league last season and scored over 100 the year before. I don't rate Navas that highly but his pace does give them something different. When clubs who are rivals to your own are linked with players there are some that worry you but can't say I've ever been overly concerned about City signing De Bruyne and definitely not for that fee.

Well as you mentioned Mikel, Chelsea's bench would look a bit different with Ramires and Oscar fit too. It'll look even more different with the likes of Ivanovic, Matic and Fabregas on it as well if they don't pull their fingers out soon!
By:
Sank
When: 30 Aug 15 19:49
de bruyne is a player, who needs 24h assistance from the club (butt wipers). thats why he could succeed in wolfsburg, which is a cosy club with a family atmosphere. he has failed at chelsea and so he will do at city. both clubs are full of sharks, who will eat him alive. de bruyne is not a player, who is able to handle the pressure. HE WILL FALL APART(NAP).
By:
JC1326
When: 30 Aug 15 19:51
bit off topic, but talking about Man City's bench, has anybody seen that Patrick Roberts? Looks like he isn't a too far off playing for the first team, from what I've seen. I'd be happy for Norwich to get him on loan
By:
Marcce
When: 30 Aug 15 19:56
I spoke about Patrick Roberts on here a couple of years ago. He played for Fulham against Chelsea in the Youth cup final and looked like a future world beater. I thought he'd make more of an impact when Fulham put him in the first team at the beginning of last season.
By:
easymoney
When: 30 Aug 15 20:12
He was on the bench on Saturday JC but I'd imagine he may be loaned out by Tuesday as he has no hope of getting first team games, aside from maybe in the Captital 1. The other option is him staying and playing with the EDS as he needs games to at his age, the development of the youngsters is a big issue among City fans just now,  with a growing frustration from many at the lack of chances given to our excellent academy graduates. Rony Lopes was seen as a cert to make the first team squad at some point but has just been sold to Monaco due to lack of a path to the first team, while Jason Denayer is one of the top young defensive prospects in Europe and starts for Belgium but has been chiselled out of the squad with the purchase of Otamendi now. Myself and plenty of others want the kids to be given more opportunities but it seems like they can never do enough to be given a chance,  with Pellegrini showing little faith even at home against lesser teams.

Not sure Roberts is even ready for a lower level PL team just now though ... he's tiny and was getting physically bossed in the Championship last year by all accounts.  He does have fantastic technical skills and might be suited to a late supersub role I guess ... running at tired defenders when the game gets stretched he could cause some havoc I'm sure.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com