Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 3939 comments are related to the topic:
OVER 0.5 goals challenge.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 99  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 99 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 3,939
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 00:36
cant see me attempting bet number 10 before the weekend, tomorrow looks very tricky, will post bet 10 up when I do it which if successful will give me 3 out of 3 so far, next one the fourth will be the same £100 to £200 until ten in front. not sure if I will post them on here depends how the thread progresses and what the negative comments are once they come in.
By:
The_Winner_Takes_It_All
When: 19 Aug 15 00:41
Good going knuckles congratulations. Look forward to seeing future posts on your progress :)
By:
crackerpants
When: 19 Aug 15 05:33
Instead of cashing out when you get a profiy why don't you bet the 0.0 for a small profit either way , that wayyou still keep increasing all be it slowly
By:
Golden Fleece
When: 19 Aug 15 09:46
Good thread I abandoned my one last week,as negativity was starting to creep in. That is a good concept that you have with the cash out knuckles. I wasn't pre posting which always invites criticism which is understandable.Last night for example I laid 1-0 to real Madrid at 10 but had no way of knowing before the game that I would be doing that bet,would have laid 0-0 if the price allowed.Well done and good luck.
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 11:51
thats a good idea cracker and certainly a good strategy that I will take into account going forward .Unfortunately negativity is the nature of the beast on here sometimes.

Looking at the hull v fulham game tonight but want to check the team news before I decide. Only game that interests me football wise. Horse racing golden horn is currently 1.09 to place. If they don,t withdraw gleneagles then that will be my attempt number 10 of this run if it stays at 1.09 which would get me over the line.
By:
mega88
When: 19 Aug 15 11:59
You are showing some great discipline knucks, protect that bank at all costs. I'm currently building mine it really is a minefield
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 12:51
ty with gleneagles withdrawn its a no bet for me on golden horn to place, currently 1.06/07 to place and would be too suspicious in the unlikely event it drifted back to 1.10 so no bet regardless.
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 12:55
R.e SERBIAN ORIGINAL POSTER. Sorry but hope you don,t mind me posting these on here which is primarily your thread , will disapear once I get this last one over the line or fail. Good luck on your restart this weekend.
By:
Golden Fleece
When: 19 Aug 15 12:58
Knuckles you do it in groups of twenty is that correct,and then cash out a percentage after twenty successful bets,proceeding again for another twenty? or have I got the wrong end of the stick
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 13:46
hi golden not quite correct. Currently doing this. Starting with £100.00 and trying to get to £200 which should take somewhere between 8-11 bets.
If i fail along the way then restart with £100 and try again. My plan is to get ten attempts in front example    14 attempts 4 lost 14 won thats ten in front profit would be winnings £1000.00 , losses £400 total profit £600.00. Then try and upstakes to sat starting with £150 and trying to get to £300 which should take 7-9 winning bets, continue with that until I feel fit too move upto start £200 to get to £500 and so forth.

As for the full example on page 1 i.e 90 bets with withdrawals along the way it is just a example of a different way of doing it without getting anything out of it by not withdrawing.
IMO it is too early in the english football season to be attempting the 90 bet challenge as little is known of form players etc.

Currently I have two succesful attempts that have got me £100.00 ish so far I am currently on attempt number three (£100-£200) and sat at 9 winning bets needing 1 more to get me over the £200 barrier, if succesful will start again on attempt number 4 at £100 starting point.
hope that clarifys.
By:
knuckles
When: 19 Aug 15 14:01
Hull v Fulham.

Positives
both teams have scored in there two games this season.
Hull welcome back there main striker hernandez from a three game ban.
Hull can go top with a win on goal difference.

Negatives.
Fulham beaten in there last game may well "park the bus and try and escape with a draw after losing against Brighton.
Two evenly matched teams and fancied for at worst a play off place.

The fact that if Fulham keep it tight at the back have Hull got the players to breakdown a stubborn defence, possibly not. Though they will have there main man upfront playing alongside the arsenal loanee this will be there first game this season and may take time to gel.
Hull keeper dropped a howler against wolves this will have one or two effects.
His confidence will be shattered or he will be determined to prove the knockers wrong.
Hull in there other match at home v huddersfeild took until the 45th minute to break them down and even 1-0 up the floodgates did not open in a game they ended up winning 2-0.

So imo Fulham may play for the draw, hull keeper will be determined not to concede, hull strikers first match playing together, hull maybe not the best team at breaking teams down points to a no bet on the over 0.5 goals market for me.

This game will obviously finish 4-4 but happy with the decision.
By:
mega88
When: 19 Aug 15 18:18
Gone for Valencia game tonight,
Green street by half time Cool
By:
theserbian
When: 19 Aug 15 19:16
Evening Gents,nice to have started a thread with no bitchiness,Knuckles I don't mind at all,keep posting and keep winning,discipline is very much key,thought I'd cracked it with my selection process,but nothing is certain in football.
By:
knuckles
When: 20 Aug 15 01:12
sadly there were goals in the hull fulham game but still happy with the decision.
By:
The_Winner_Takes_It_All
When: 20 Aug 15 01:50
Why sadly? You want over 0.5 right?
By:
Blockfire
When: 20 Aug 15 07:29
He decided not to back Over 0.5 winner if you read the last bit of his last post Happy
By:
The_Winner_Takes_It_All
When: 20 Aug 15 10:36
You're correct and it makes perfect sense now, thanks. lol.  That will teach me to post when i'm half asleep lol.
By:
knuckles
When: 20 Aug 15 14:05
Tonight Europa league offers 2 games that currently are priced up at 1.06 so will have to be matched at 1.10 in running.
ajax v jablonec
southampton v midjylland

6.00 PM KICK OFF AJAX GAME OVER 0.5 GOALS AT 1.10 IN RUNNING IF POSSIBLE.If this bet is matched it is bet number 10 of 9//9 so far which if succesful will complete the sequence of ten winning bets.

8.00 PM AJAX GAME OVER 0.5 GOALS AT 1.10 IN RUNNING IF POSSIBLE.

Reasoning for these two is strong home teams with no adverse team news on the home side, wanting to hopefully put the tie to bed with home advantage. I.M O.
By:
The_Winner_Takes_It_All
When: 20 Aug 15 19:48
Well done good picks knuckles, I got on both of them myself :)
By:
knuckles
When: 21 Aug 15 13:18
Thanks thats 3 completed and 1 correct of attempt number 4. Hopefully the original poster back tomorrow as for me no bet today will look for some over the weekend.
By:
knuckles
When: 22 Aug 15 01:40
In time order today. over 0.5 either pre if available or in running, odds 1.10 if possible.

leeds v sheff wed.
burnley v brentford
cardiff v wolves
lazio v bologna.
By:
Blockfire
When: 22 Aug 15 07:35
Why do I have a feeling that one of these will finish 0-0? Crazy
By:
Quatsch
When: 22 Aug 15 07:50
Because there's always one, Blocky. You of all people should know that. Mischief
By:
Blockfire
When: 22 Aug 15 07:52
BlushBlushBlushBlushBlush
By:
Blockfire
When: 22 Aug 15 07:53
I love a challenge though and I really hope you succeed. I might have a crack Sunday to be fair (Its been to long) GrinGrin
By:
Quatsch
When: 22 Aug 15 08:16
I'm sorry, buddy. Maybe it's a bit too early to start taking the mickey out of people already. Want a hug? Silly

I do believe there's potential in these kind of challenges, but not if you decide up front which game to get involved in. For example, the Ajax -v- Jablonec game was destined to end 0 - 0, if not for a silly foul which led to a penalty for Ajax. They never looked like scoring from open play and the visitors were quite happy with the stalemate. It may sound a bit harsh to say, and I'm happy for knuckles that he got his goal, but that game was not a good pick. It was an awful one which against all odds had a goal in it. Keep sticking money on games like that and it'll be gone sooner rather than later.
By:
theserbian
When: 22 Aug 15 09:32
Attempt 2,
Kilmarnock v Ross County,
Backed Over 1.5 cashing out at half time IF a goal has been scored,or if not cashing out in the second half straight after a goal has HOPEFULLY been scored,so in theory backing over 0.5 but seeing if more money is made?
Pluses and minuses to this;+could have 2 goals by half time/-late goal in game.any thoughts?
Good luck to everyone today.
By:
knuckles
When: 22 Aug 15 12:59
QUATSCH. It is never too early to take the mickey, no time restraints on that I.M.O. Regarding the comment was destined to be 0-0 is a fair comment ,different from my opinion on the game but after all we are all different and conclude different opinions, especially around betting.
You can comment when you like as is your prerogative but think it would be advisable to maybe comment before the result is known rather than after , bit like hindsight is a wonderful thing scenario.
Todays games, maybe one or more will end up 0-0 as you say , have you any view on which pacific one?
By:
Quatsch
When: 22 Aug 15 13:32
It's nothing to do with hindsight, and I am not criticizing you for betting on the Ajax/Jablonec game. All I meant to say is that, IN GENERAL, backing goals at extremely low odds when you have no idea how the game is going isn't a good strategy. Sure, every now and then you'll miss out on an early goal, but just how often does that really happen? Watching and playing the patience game is well worth it, in my opinion.

I don't claim to know beforehand which games will have goals in 'em and which won't. There are simply too many factors that we have no influence on and one refereeing decision can change a game entirely. Heck, even if a game is very lively it doesn't guarantee there will be a goal. But at least if you give it a little time to see how it goes, you're giving yourself a much better chance of getting a good run going. That is ALL I am saying.

In regards to the Ajax/Jablonec game, I wouldn't have had that one down as 0 - 0, either. (Although having never seen Jablonec play and knowing that Ajax are not Ajax anymore, I'd probably have skipped that one altogether and waited for the return leg instead.) It just turned out to be a dud of a game and anyone looking for a game to back goals in would've avoided that one if they had been watching. That, and that alone was the point I was trying to make.

Last but not least, the taking the mickey part was directed at Blockfire. We've got history... Mischief
By:
knuckles
When: 22 Aug 15 13:36
cheers quatch . thanks for the clarification. Your point regarding "seeing how the game is going has been noted". Any challenge like this regardless weather you do it similar to me or all in is a minefeild, and I know from past experience that 0-0's are like buses....
By:
SIR_Bond
When: 22 Aug 15 13:40
Man U game

Bust for many doing this
By:
theserbian
When: 22 Aug 15 14:11
Ross County went One up inside 2minutes looking at cash out to see how much was being offered (£12.36) £2.36 profit,and then it went 2-0 to Ross county
By:
Blockfire
When: 22 Aug 15 14:13
Quatsch your right we do have history LaughLoveLove
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 22 Aug 15 14:27
Shocked
By:
theserbian
When: 22 Aug 15 14:43
Ross County 4-0 up before half time
By:
theserbian
When: 22 Aug 15 14:47
Game 2,
Lugano v Fc Basel, 4.45 pm k.o
£13.30@ 1.17 (over 1.5) same as before cash out at half time if/ when goal is scored.
By:
knuckles
When: 22 Aug 15 14:51
well done and good luck
By:
knuckles
When: 22 Aug 15 14:51
well done and good luck
By:
theserbian
When: 22 Aug 15 20:52
This is going too well!!
Game 3,
Nec Nijmegen v Ajax,(Sunday 1.30pm)
£15.45 @ 1.22
Same rules as before.
By:
jedi-punkster
When: 22 Aug 15 21:08
Game 1. Rayo Vallecano v Valencia ( in play at 22:07 - 32 mins)
Page 2 of 99  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 99 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com