Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Just Checking
15 Dec 14 23:17
| Topic/replies: 31,518 | Blogger: Just Checking's blog
What in blazes have you done to what is one of THE primary markets for user interest and liquidity for your site? CryCryCry

I.e., where is it? You still have a HALF TIME score, but correct score has gone walkies for tommorows matches onwards? It's not on your site and the API doesn't see it either!
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair, your Correct Score Markets??
Show More
Report The Special One™ December 15, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
Its been renamed "Correct Score New" - (New becuase the Any Unquoted has been split into 3, any other home win, any other away win and any other draw, so they if either team socred 4 goals then the market doesnt have to be settled until FT unlike the orginal any unquoted, and suppose it would also keep you alive if you layed any unquoted but how many times does a team score 4 goals to then get pegged back to 4-4, or get beaten 4-5? or even 5-5, 6-5, 5-6 etc... once in a blue moon that happens Laugh )

And for some reason it been removed form thre "Popular" markets tab LaughCrazy Considering as you say after match odds and over/under its the 3rd most popular market!
Report Just Checking December 15, 2014 11:29 PM GMT
I can't believe what I'm seeing.

It's actually got more liquidty than overs I'd say (I look at both), I'm fairly sure it's their second most popular market after match odds and they've just wiped it off their pages. Jesus wept what are they doing!

Are they proactively trying to wipe the liquidity out because they think they might move it to other markets? Has the company got a death wish?
Report themover December 15, 2014 11:37 PM GMT
eh? It's still there it's just that what was the correct score 2 markets are now in the Correct Score New as "Any other home win", "Any other away win" and "Any other Draw"

http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.116666066
Report The Special One™ December 15, 2014 11:39 PM GMT

Dec 15, 2014 -- 11:37PM, themover wrote:

eh? It's still there it's just that what was the correct score 2 markets are now in the Correct Score New as "Any other home win", "Any other away win" and "Any other Draw"http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.116666066

Its been removed from the "Popular" tab though Cry

Worst decision ever, the "Popular" Tab should have Match odds, Overs/Unders and Correct score as standard, the 3 most popular markets

Report themover December 15, 2014 11:42 PM GMT
Popularity isn't permanent

Laugh
Report Just Checking December 15, 2014 11:45 PM GMT
"Popularity isn't permanent"
Don't start, I used to most popular guy on youtube until I put a negative comment on a kitten video.
Report themover December 16, 2014 12:03 AM GMT
Laugh
Report YOMOMMA December 16, 2014 11:02 AM GMT
if u click on popular sports on the betfair exchange, some of the tabs underneath are snooker, rugby and ice hockey. Laugh they iz about as popular as a qpr replica shirt.
Report The Special One™ December 16, 2014 6:11 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2014 -- 11:02AM, YOMOMMA wrote:

if u click on popular sports on the betfair exchange, some of the tabs underneath are snooker, rugby and ice hockey.  they iz about as popular as a qpr replica shirt.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report stroodle December 16, 2014 6:36 PM GMT
I find this decision to move correct score from main page to the side unbelievable, I enjoy having various punts on correct score market, now I can't be fcuked even looking for it now. Cry
Report NorwichRob December 16, 2014 6:41 PM GMT
There was nowt wrong with the original auq, sure that many punters would go there for one sided games, now seems over engineered..
Report layer1982 December 16, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
Betfair have lost the plot....now just a dirty bookmaker instead of an exchange
Report Super Hans December 16, 2014 6:48 PM GMT
Yet another shocking decision.

Nothing wrong with Unquoted on its own.
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 6:58 PM GMT
they're simply trying to get the die hards to use the new fangled site  where it sits near the top .

I do like the new options of AUQ  - although the bottom 2 boxes do slip off the page so bets could be forgotten about unless you scroll
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 6:59 PM GMT
they've forgotten to  put it on the popular tabs though  .  Schoolboy stuff
Report Sad Act December 16, 2014 7:02 PM GMT
The Betfair we loved and knew  - disappeared years ago :-(
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 7:04 PM GMT
I think it's a general situation - the UK has gone to the dogs ,she's suffering  .

Maybe a brain drain in the last 10 years ?
Report meltdown December 16, 2014 7:04 PM GMT
terrible love by betfair
Report meltdown December 16, 2014 7:05 PM GMT
terrible move** by betfair
Report meltdown December 16, 2014 7:06 PM GMT
they seprate 2 correct score bets, terrible choice by betfair
Report Super Hans December 16, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
One of the top football markets placed over half way down the markets list.

Who on earth comes up with thisLaugh
Report Balb0wa73 December 16, 2014 7:31 PM GMT
bad move removing unquoted on its own , bring it back!
Report NorwichRob December 16, 2014 7:46 PM GMT
Just wondering why the same hasn't happened for h/t auq?
Report Super Hans December 16, 2014 7:52 PM GMT
They'll add "Match Abandoned" to the match odds market next week.
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 8:13 PM GMT
not sure why they took the old away ,they could still keep that alongside the 3 new ones surely ?

i like the new markets though - adds extra spice  and different options
Report NorwichRob December 16, 2014 8:39 PM GMT
Any other Draw matched @ 450 Cry painful
Report NorwichRob December 16, 2014 8:40 PM GMT
Valencia
Report the settler December 16, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
4-4 !!!!  P'd right off !!!
Report NorwichRob December 16, 2014 9:00 PM GMT
Seems not worth getting involved now with this format as probably don't get better odds on the favourite but have 1/3 of the winning chance..
Report Darlo Bantam December 16, 2014 10:07 PM GMT
Has this AUQ H/A/D options been introduced because of the Colossus Bet?
Report Coachbuster December 16, 2014 10:23 PM GMT
it's clearer imo  ,defines AUQ much better  - about time BF did something right

surely that's what folk want isn't it ?

obviously not so good if you know the AUQ inside out -  like i said , they could have kept that anyway and ran the 4 together

why p1ss folk off ?
Report jptrader December 17, 2014 10:19 AM GMT
No doubt the reason for making this change is connected to the new cross matching across markets. This will make them able to cross match between the CS market and the Match Odds market!
Report longbridge December 17, 2014 10:29 AM GMT
Naive question (I'm really a Racing punter, but I'm intrigued by this) if I may?

Why're so many people saying AUQ is better than AOH, AOD, AOA?  If I (eg) had a bet on AUQ on the Chelsea game last night it's because I thought Chelsea were going to give Derby a real stuffing, so what I'm actually backing is AOA, but if the market only has AUQ I'm essentially being forced to dutch AOH, AOD and AOA, making me pay for two bets I didn't want.

Have I missed something?
Report therhino December 17, 2014 11:58 AM GMT
How is it clearer coachbuster? The old correct score market was a thing of beauty, not this running the options up to 5-1 or 5-4 like some books did, either team scoring 4 qualifying as AUQ made the AUQ a viable option and sparked the correct score as an interesting market to play. Too convoluted now.

If it ain't broke...
Report amelia1253 December 17, 2014 1:33 PM GMT
i made a thread about this last week when they were bringin on matches that didnt matter i why they have done it but for me i would hvae just added the 3 options on top off the any unq normal option makes more sense yes adds spice but leaves the marlet the way it was b4 being interduced
Report Coachbuster December 17, 2014 3:05 PM GMT
the Rhino,

what Longbridge says.
Report Woodshires December 17, 2014 3:43 PM GMT
longbridge • December 17, 2014 10:29 AM GMT

Why're so many people saying AUQ is better than AOH, AOD, AOA?  If I (eg) had a bet on AUQ on the Chelsea game last night it's because I thought Chelsea were going to give Derby a real stuffing, so what I'm actually backing is AOA, but if the market only has AUQ I'm essentially being forced to dutch AOH, AOD and AOA, making me pay for two bets I didn't want.

Have I missed something?

You can use the ANYTEAM Total Goals market, if you just wanted a team specific goals bet.
Report Coachbuster December 17, 2014 3:49 PM GMT
yes,but then the liquidity is  poor, what Longbridge is correctly saying is that he can now do this bet alongside his correct scores with better flow and also doesn't require extra capital to open up a new market.

This is the  best thing BF  has done in years  - a victory for common sense ,rare in the UK
Report Platini December 17, 2014 3:56 PM GMT
I can't believe they've done this to the AUQ market Cry

combining AOH, AOA, and AOD will not get you the same odds as the original AUQ. No way in hell Angry
Report bigH December 17, 2014 4:05 PM GMT
user unfriendly
Report therhino December 18, 2014 8:13 AM GMT
E-mailed them today. Asked them to revert to the old market or at least run it concurrently with the new options, this was the response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have received a response from the Market Operations Department in the UK and theuy have advised that we will take all of your feedback on board, however there are no plans at this stage to chnage the markets that are being offered.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Plain
Report therhino December 18, 2014 8:21 AM GMT

Dec 17, 2014 -- 3:05PM, Coachbuster wrote:

the Rhino,what Longbridge says.

Chelsea vs a minnow is an extreme example though. Not sure if they were home or away, let's say for arguments sake they were home, and I think you will find their UQ price would have pretty much the same as the old UQ. The draw/away UQ prices must have been massive and would have had practically no impact on the former AUQ price. Most AUQ bets will be based around a strong favourite so I see it as a moot point. 

I apply the old KISS principle - keep it simple, stupid.

Report Sad Act December 18, 2014 9:14 AM GMT
We can whine all we want. Betfair has never given a flying f@*k what we think, or want. Adapt or die.
Report Coachbuster December 18, 2014 3:04 PM GMT
i don't think its that big a problem unless you know the UQ odds like the back of your hand .

surely it offers greater flexibility .

If i had my way ,correct score 2 home and away  would follow down the page and it would render AUQ useless ,so it would all be Correct score ...all on the same market ...and i'd add  4-3 ,3-4 as well .

Another option would be  to add a scoreline if a goal went in and close up the 0-0 etc  - so if a match goes to 1-0  then bring in the 4-0 for example .

If you have too many side markets liquidity suffers . We have seen that already .
Now there are more options on the new correct score it saves fannying about with side markets which are ,lets face it  ...Dying.

I agree ,keep things simple .  But this is a good change FOR now -
Report Coachbuster December 18, 2014 3:07 PM GMT
it's also the first time in BF history where it's been possible to lay the 4-4 .

This result comes in around 1x a season in the EPL for the last 10 or so years ,so  380/1.

there has only ever been one 5-5 recorded (last season)
Report countcharles December 19, 2014 7:35 PM GMT
This is typical Betfair pointless tinkering without consulting or informing customers. Absolutely no good reason to split the Any Other correct score bet into three markets. It worked very well as it was, and has now spread the same liquidity across three markets.
Report Clint Eastwood December 20, 2014 7:15 PM GMT
Can't understand why Betfair hasn't explained their actions through an announcement in the new products and features section of this forum. Is that not what that is for. Bad manners to change one of their most popular markets just like that. Doesn't say a lot for their customer services or maybe it does say a lot for what exactly they think of their customers.

There's pro's and con's to the actual changes themselves but for me the most annoying aspect is that they've taken the market away from the top of the page and you have to scroll down to find it. Cant help feeling this isn't simply a mistake they've accidentally made and that there is some other skulduggery going on. Hence they don't want to explain themselves.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com