Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
superbigal
11 Sep 14 13:09
| Topic/replies: 544 | Blogger: superbigal's blog
Just posting some early points so you do realise I am around.
Couple of interesting developments this year.
1st to come out with odds (Officially) were McBookie which also show up on the Betvictorrr platform.  Hills local Scottish non-league expert (Nocko) had set his also, and sent them to the traders. Hills are not normally online for non-league Scottish games (Shops only) but as they sponsor the cup, I suppose they are obliged. Unfortunately for Nocko the traders appear to have bottled it and moved prices into line with McBookie. The rest of the sheep are slowly coming onboard. Unfortunately as yet there are no "special" bets hcaps/goals etc.  Need to hold this space. As the market will undoubtedly revolve around McBookies odds we can only wait and see.

However a quick gem for those of you near a Ladcrooks shop.  They appear to have decided not to put the games online. However they have cherry picked a number of games on their weekly shop "totally Scottish" coupon.
They currently offer Cove at 2/7 home to Hawick.   This is best price 1/10 elsewhere and is absolutely nailed on. Reasons later.
Also Wick are 2/5 away to Huntly.  Best price elsewhere 2/7.
Not Fa Cup but Brora 1/8 away to Fort William.  Best price elsewhere 1/33.
Clearly more detailed info later but a chance for any heavy hitters to get a most obvious Even money boost.
For now i have done these 3 along with a Lowland league game  Vale of leithen Evens home to Edinburgh University.  4/9 at Mcbookie and just a personal pick.
Be back later when things pick up.
Pause Switch to Standard View Superbigals Annual Scottish FA cup...
Show More
Report Goalhanger September 11, 2014 2:16 PM BST
Dove into local town, price gone for me anyway.
Report Goalhanger September 11, 2014 2:17 PM BST
Drove.
Report sofiakenny September 11, 2014 2:22 PM BST
The legend returns...great stuff...SBALove
Report themover September 11, 2014 2:27 PM BST
good luck bigal
Report Platini September 11, 2014 4:33 PM BST
The legend returns Grin

it's like Christmas Eve, waiting on SBA to deliver the gifts, courtesy of the bookies

What's the ETA of the main tips, Al ?
Report JC1326 September 11, 2014 4:50 PM BST
the BF needs to come with an option of converting fractions to decimals. who uses fractions anymore? Plain
Report akabula September 11, 2014 5:50 PM BST
I prefer fractions. Blush
Report superbigal September 12, 2014 6:55 PM BST
Am shortly going to start typing up my thoughts on all of tomorrows ties.
Just an update on my opening post 1st.
Ladcrooks cut Cove from 2/7 to 1/7
Wick from 2/5 to 2/7
Brora from 1/8 to 1/25
Vale of Leithen from Evens to 1/2
They don't like me much
Report bristol county caravans September 12, 2014 6:58 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report sofiakenny September 12, 2014 7:34 PM BST
I was too slow off the mark.SadSad
Report Bergkamp93 September 12, 2014 8:33 PM BST
Same Sofia, Great stuff though Suberbigal, LEGENDCool
Report superbigal September 12, 2014 8:48 PM BST
This years offerings are sparse to say the least. Not a single layer will come out and offer a single market beyond Home Away or Draw. Not a single layer even with a standout view of a match. It really is a case of fearful sheep following McBookies lead.
McBookies odds incidentally are formed on the opinion of a part time postman from Keith in the Scottish Highlands. It is quite amusing to see all the "traders" with a wealth of experience following our postie.  To be fair to "Elton" as he has called himself on various forums, he is a smart cookie. Therefore most of the prices are probably pretty accurate.
Moaning aside it does not stop me trying to have a profitable day. I have decided to go through the games alphabetically listing the best available price I can see online or am aware of in shops. Strangely WilliamHells prices in shops have been held to what their local trader Nocko came out with. The online traders have brought a few of his prices into line with McBookie.

Auchinleck Talbot 1/3  McBookie/BetVictorr  Draw 11/2 Betfreddy  Buckie 15/2 Betfreddy
Talbot won the West Juniors title last season and have started the season with a bang. 9 straight wins with 36 goals scored and only 6 conceded. Their highland league visitors currently sit mid table. They let down a lot of punters last week drawing at home to lowly Strathspey at odds of 1/6. They don't travel too well and in fact in this calendar year have only won away matches a perpetual strugglers Fort William and Rothes. Their top class goalkeeper Kevin Main has also walked out on them and by all accounts all is not well in the camp.
Forecast score Home win 2-0  1/3 in Accas is decent enough.

Clachnacuddin 3/1 Betfreddy  Draw 19/5 McB/BetV  Hurlford 8/13 Betfreddy/Hells
Highland League Clach are a place below Buckie. Interesting they are actually unbeaten this calendar year at home in the League. More recently four 1-1 draws from last 5 stands out. Hurlford are the new Junior cup champions. Their success has a lot to do with hard cash having risen quickly from lower level of junior football. They are in the same league as Talbot. They too have started fairly well with 7 wins from 9 games played. For me this is dangerous odds on away territory. I will be staying away from this game.
Forecast score Draw 1-1     If having a bet I would maybe try this in a draw double with another selection.

Cove Rangers 1/7 Ladcrooks shops so 1/10 most places   Draw 17/2 Betfreddy  Hawick Royal Albert 14/1  Betfreddy
Highland League Cove are a place above Buckie. They have already won a preliminary tie 9-1 away to Glasgow Uni. In my opinion the students would compete with Hawick. Hawick are basement boys in the lowly East of Scotland 1st division. They were crushed 4-0 at home last week by those giants Burntisland Shipyard (A team that have constantly help fill the pockets). This one is a no brainer.
Forecast score 7-0   Part of all accas. I am very lucky to have 2/7 early doors.

Culter 1/2 Most places  Draw 21/5 McB/Betv  Strathspey 19/5 Betfreddy
An interesting tie. Last year I tipped lowly highland league Lossiemouth at 5/1 to shock the North Junior champs. That game went to a replay. This game has the same sort of make up however Culter have most certainly deteriorated.Almost unbeatable last season they have already lost at home 3-1 in the league to Stoneywood & by the same score 3-1 at home in the League cup to Banks of Dee (Featured later) and Maud.  Strathspey are a bottom 4 Highland league team without question. They are improving though and gained an away point at mid table Buckie last week. Although most will want to take the 1/2 I will put this one up as a possible shock. No bet for me though.
Forecast score Draw 2-2

Deveronvale 5/2 Bwinn  Draw 7/2 McB/Betv  Nairn County 10/11 Hells but possibly still 6/5 in shops.
This is an all highland league tie between teams currently in 12th and 11th in the league. Both teams will expect to be a lot higher. My old team Vale have had the easier fixtures and have only picked up wins against lowly teams. Nairn had a horrible start to the campaign with tough fixtures to boot. They are picking up recently going 4 unbeaten. Their striker Gethins is a top player and makes all the difference. Nairn won the league fixture 1-0 in March last season but in other H2H have lost 6 of the last 8 at Vale. Gun to my head says Nairn but definite no bet for me.
Forecast score 0-1

Edinburgh City 2/9 McB/Betv  Draw 13/2 Betfreddy  Coldstream 8/1 Betfreddy but possibly 12/1 in Hells shops still.
Lowland League City are top with an excellent 20 points from 8 games played. Lowly Coldstream have started their EOS premier league campaign with 4 straight defeats. They met in the Scottish in 2009 when City pumped Coldstream 5-1. Since then Coldstream have played 4 ties losing 22-2 on aggregate. They have been most helpful in previous seasons in landing some hefty hcap bets. Edinburgh beat Coldstream 6-0 and 7-2 in the last league games they played each other.  This is another no brainer for me.
Forecast score 4-0

Forres Mechanics 2/11 Betfreddy  Draw 13/2 Betfreddy  Civil Service Stroller 9/1  Betfreddy.  The bald one is only one betting to decent percentages (107) so captures all in this game.
Forres with 6 straight wins in the Highland League are in great form. CS Strollers are just doing alright in the EOS Premier just above coldstream. On their CV is a defeat to the mighty Burntisland this season. Forres recent record in this cup is very poor but then again CS have lost their last 3 games against Highland League opposition.  I make this another probable comfortable home win but not the same value as Edin City.
Forecast Score 2-0

Fraserburgh Possibly 7/4 in Hells shops. Generally around 7/5  Draw 3/1 Betfreddy  Linlithgow Rose 7/5 Betfreddy.
Interesting tie with the SFA license entrants Linlithgow back for another crack at Highland League opposition. For me the Rose in recent times have been the best Junior team I have seen in years. However I also sat in the dugout last year during a game where my team inflicted their worst defeat in living memory (6-0). A game where their manager resigned on the pitch after the game. Rose were expected to beat Deveronvale last season and threw away a 2 goal lead late doors. They then proceeded to lose the replay on merit at home 3-1. This season has seen a slow start but by all account things are starting to gel. I don't have them in quite the same form as this time last season when they were on an incredible run. Fraserburgh had started the season with a bang following a good end to last season. A run of 11 wins and 2 draws in the league has just been ended with 2 straight defeats but they were tough games away at Wick and home to all conquering Brora. Both 3-2 defeats. It is a tight park at Bellsea which wont suit Linlithgows expansive style of football. Fraserburgh have a decent home Scottish record including defeating SFL opposition last season. I am 100% not having a bet on this match but believe the value lies with the highlanders.
Forecast Score 2-1

Golspie Sutherland 7/1 McB/Betv  Draw 11/2 Betfreddy   Dalbeattie Star 1/4 General
The Caledonian League amateurs opened their season last week with a pleasant trip to Orkney !! A draw ensued for those interested in Orkneys debut match in a mainland league albeit only 6 teams compete in it. Golspies last couple of ventures have resulted in 4-0 and 7-0 drubbing (Hcap dream). Dalbeattie sitting nicely in 4th place in the Lowland League having only lost 1 game to leaders edin city. They have an awfull Scottish cup record but to be fair have had tough draws. Apart from the travel this is as easy as it should get. No brainer for accas.
Forecast score 1-4

Gretna 2008 3/5 Betfreddy  Draw 19/5 McB/Betv  Gala Fairydean 16/5 Skyy
This is an all lowland league match featuring 8th against 9th places. Gretna are in better form presently but both teams come of defeats last week. Galas 7-0 loss at Selkirk has probably ensured their large odds. Last season they won at Gretna in the league.  Absolutely no bet for me in this one as the Lowland league is so difficult to predict this season. The head says Gretna the Value is with Gala.
Forecast Score Could be 6-0 could be 0-6 could be 3-3 !!!!!!!

Part 2 shortly as don't want to lose any of this
Report Biscar Two from a mile back September 12, 2014 9:11 PM BST
gl bigal whatever happened to crossbet Colin ?
Report Alex87 September 12, 2014 9:22 PM BST
GL SBA, looking forward to seeing part two shortly
Report Platini September 12, 2014 9:34 PM BST
Absolute disgrace that BillyMountains who sponsor the Scottish cup are only offering 1-x-2 on the matches Angry
Report superbigal September 12, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Huntly 25/4 Betwayy  Draw 7/2 Betfreddy  Wick 2/7 Betfreddy/Lads (was 2/5)
Another all highland league tie. Huntly perhaps surprisingly are rooted to the bottom with 1 point gained in a 2-2 draw with perpetual strugglers Fort William. Wick are flying again with 3 good wins on the trot in the League rising them to 7th. Huntly have only won 1 game since 6th February and that was away from home. Wick are not the best of travellers but frankly should be winning this tie comfortably. The odds are not enthusing though and everyone hates the prospect of a 1/4 away from home team killing the acca. I am avoiding for that reason.
Forecast score 1-3

Keith 7/1  Betfreddy Draw 11/2 McB/Betv  Formartine 1/4 Generally.
Another highland tie with much the same profile and odds as the previous match. I hate 1/4 away shots that are in the same league. They have played this fixture in the league and Formartine struggled to a 1-0 win. The visitors are in form though and were the first team to take a point of Brora. Recent head to head has Formartine winning the last 5. Again as the last match the visitors should prevail but don't back them on my account.
Forecast score 0-2

Lossiemouth  6/1 Generally  Draw 11/2 Betfreddy  Turriff Utd 3/10 Betfreddy Still 1/2 in Ladcrooks shops amazingly.
The 3rd of these all highland ties with a short price away team.
Turriff are in great form rising to 2nd in the HFL with 5 wins on the spin including a 3-0 success over Lossie. Lossie in contrast have 2 league wins since early January and lie in 14th place. Turriff have won the last 5 in H2H by 19-2 in total.  For me this is the best bet of the last 3 ties especially if you can get 1/2 which wont be many.
Forecast Score 0-3

Lothian Thistle Evens Betwinn  Draw 3/1 Betfreddy  East Kilbride 21/10 Betfreddy
Interesting tie. Lothian Thistle the EOS premier league winners have started the season with 8 straight wins. One of those wins was a shock 2-1 win at East Kilbride in a cup tie. East Kilbride are mid table in the Lowland League and come of 2 suprising defeats in succession. The teams also went to penalties in a tight cup-tie last season. This one could go to the wire and I believe the draw is probably best value.
Forecast score 1-1

Preston Athletic 13/8 McB/Betv  Draw 16/5 Betfreddy  Threave Rovers 13/10 Hells but still 7/4 in hells shops.
All lowland league tie between the bottom 2 teams who are both winless. The teams drew 2-2 at Threave in the league a month ago. Threave picked up their 2nd league point in a good performance at Dalbeattie last week. Managerless Preston have lost 5 straight since that game including 4 at home by a **** score of 18-5. The league game last season in May also finished 2-2. The draw is the standout value in this one. If forced to pick a winner I would go for Threave.
Forecast score 2-2 or 2-3

Rothes 19/5 Betfreddy   Draw 9/2 Betfreddy   Banks of Dee 1/2 McB/Betv/hells
Perpetual highland league strugglers Rothes face of too SFA License entrants Banks of Dee from the North Juniors.
Banks won 5-1 at Rothes in their last foray into the FA cup in 2009. They are strong in the Juniors this season and probably favourites to win the title. Rothes are favourites to finish bottom of the HFL. This should be a reasonable stroll for the visitors and is probably worth inclusion in accas.
Forecast score 1-3

Selkirk 57/20 !!! Betwayy Draw 19/5 Betfreddy   Boness United 4/6 Betfreddy
Great match up with the lowland league surprise team against the East Junior champs.
Boness won this match up 6-1 back in 2010 when they drew each other. Selkirk are much improved and have a "larger" ex Birmingham striker Garry O'Connor banging in the goals. He was suspended and that tied up with a loss of form and 3 defeats, but they bounced back with a bang last week and a 7-0 victory over Gala. Boness meanwhile were struggling to grind out a 1-0 win at little Luncarty in the EOS cup. A late penalty save giving them the victory. They appear to have rested plenty players so I tend to ignore. League form is good and they are unbeaten in defence of their title. I was not sure how this would be priced up and cant decide if 4/6 is great value or not. Believe me without last weeks scores I suspect they would be 2/5.  Going to plunge on the Bos if they can keep O'Connor in check.
Forecast score 1-3

Whitehill Welfare 1/11  Betfreddy  Draw 9/1 Betfreddy  Girvan 14/1 Generally
Probably with Cove the biggest mismatch of the week.  Lowland League Whitehill are unbeaten this season.  Girvan are now rock bottom in the Ayrshire juniors only getting this gig by historical reasons.
They opened their season with a 11-0 home defeat followed by a further 6 defeats including a particularly bad 6-1 pasting at Craigmark.  No brainer.
Forecast score 9-0

Summing up in the morning.
Report sofiakenny September 12, 2014 10:50 PM BST
great work SBALove
Report Wickerman September 13, 2014 10:04 AM BST
good stuff Al pity theres no side markets ,but who can blame them, like Threave EK ,linlithgow
Report superbigal September 13, 2014 11:11 AM BST
It is really poor fair on the part of the books. I was looking forward on backing Cove and Whitehill Welfare to win to nil or win by 4 goals etc. I really cant come out and tell you to back a 6 timer at short odds with no obvious risk. What I may do is try and perm a draw double or treble as the draw prices are high.
My fathers birthday so landed with taking him to Tanadice today. Therefore will probably struggle to keep up with the various sources of scores.

For those with an interest in Junior football and can get to a William Hells shop. The minimum is a treble. I am having a dabble at a big price. Broughty Athletic are far too big in the East Premier League at 11/4 to win at Glenrothes. They are only 2 points behind the Glens in the league with a game in hand. More significant is the big money team they are assembling. A goal difference of +9 already compared to the Glens 0 shows they can destroy teams. Last week in the cup they smashed Oakley 6-0 who had just come off a 6-1 win themselves. Glens won 3-2 at Oakley.
I will just add Cove and Whitehill to make the treble. Shsssttt but the Violet v Forfar WE match is postponed so you could sneak that in if you wanted.
Good luck everyone
Report superbigal September 13, 2014 11:18 AM BST
Ps I fancy Broughty on the McBookie outrights if anyone is interested. 14/1 still ew 1/5 1,2,3
This seasons signings include Keith Gibson from Forfar Athletic and Lee Sibanda formally of Arbroath Fc
Report sofiakenny September 13, 2014 11:40 AM BST
many thanks SBA.
Report Northofperth September 13, 2014 1:31 PM BST
I was looking forward to your post , but the Bookies are just not prepared to offer up a decent range of bets . I suppose this is because the big firms are run by Accountants and not real Bookmakers . A sign of the times !Sad
Thanks anyway for your work and input , and good luck S.B.A.
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 2:51 PM BST
Where we following the scores?
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 3:06 PM BST
futbol24 Alex
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 3:07 PM BST
excellent write up as always SBA
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:14 PM BST
Ta, all 0-0 so far!
Report Wickerman September 13, 2014 3:14 PM BST
4 0 cove brora 0 1
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:17 PM BST
Where are you getting these wicker man?
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 3:19 PM BST
futbol24 crap as usual then?
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:21 PM BST
yeah all 0-0!
Report Wickerman September 13, 2014 3:25 PM BST
lossie 01
selkirk  0 1
cove 5 0
devronvale 0 1
clach 1 0
culter 3 0
rothes 0 2
forres 0 1
auchinlech 1 0
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:28 PM BST
Thanks.  Where are you getting these mate?
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:32 PM BST
Whitehill 2-0
Edinburgh City 1-0

both from twitter
Report Wickerman September 13, 2014 3:32 PM BST
ww 2 0
clach 1
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 3:43 PM BST
Dalbeattie still 0-0?
Report bristol county caravans September 13, 2014 3:50 PM BST
It's the most wonderful time of the yearExcited.
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 4:20 PM BST
Dalbeattie 2-0 up on futbol24
Report Alex87 September 13, 2014 4:22 PM BST
Wick letting down my 8-fold
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 4:22 PM BST
Forres 1-0 down now 2-1 up
Report ROBERT72 September 13, 2014 4:24 PM BST
ACCORDING TO TWITTER Broughty 33 full time they were 30 up after 35 mins and 31 with 10 mins left   90 min equalizer - one of those days
Report Platini September 13, 2014 4:40 PM BST
Wick 1 up
Report sofiakenny September 13, 2014 4:54 PM BST
ty SBA   my 5 fold boness banks o dee cove turriff auchinleck whizzes in..paid @7/2 with bet 536.
thanks again palLove
Report sofiakenny September 13, 2014 4:56 PM BST
didnae even concede a goal!Grin
Report Platini September 13, 2014 5:02 PM BST
final whitehill score anyone?
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 5:04 PM BST
top stuff SBA, cheers, 8 fold for me (assuming futbol24 is correct) Happy http://gyazo.com/f7825bdabb6e17fdd1282b0c4c9fc5be
Report Arfur Foxache September 13, 2014 5:05 PM BST
won 3-1 on futbol24 Platini
Report sofiakenny September 13, 2014 5:05 PM BST
they won 3-1 plat
Report Platini September 13, 2014 5:14 PM BST
cheers lads.

And WD again Superbigal.
Report superbigal September 13, 2014 6:43 PM BST
Not a bad day. The 9 I was pretty strong on for accas all obliged.  Too be fair most of the other shorties did as well but at least I warned to avoid Wick (After I realised I had backed them at Ladcrooks)
I backed Threave at 7/4 as still available in Hells shops when I went in with Broty at 11/4 and Cove. Gutted they conceded a last minute equaliser and were 3-0 up grrr That spoiled a very good day into a good day.
Report what do i do now? September 13, 2014 9:07 PM BST
Great work, superbigal. I had seven from eight and an eight-timer. Cheers.

I was so unlucky last year. Had £25 on and got £39 back. One goal in one of two games would have seen me cop £500; if both of those had gone my way, I'd have got £1,500!
Report sofiakenny September 13, 2014 9:35 PM BST
SBA...hope you will return for round2?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com