Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
somemuppet
18 Mar 14 22:22
| Topic/replies: 1,590 | Blogger: somemuppet's blog
How do you see this game going ? It could be a nervous night for the boss. The way things are going the away team may get an early goal possibly a penalty and then its attack attack attack from Man Utd.

I suggest a 3 0 and 3 1 home win and play in running.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 421
By:
stridingedge
When: 18 Mar 14 22:39
after seeing the first leg and utd's lack of passion in general this season, again emphasized on sunday, i just couldn't be confident of them turning it around.

unlike some i don't think the players are all sh1t or the team is half as bad as results but things are just not right and when the players attitude isn't right you are struggling!

how many times has it been this will be the game they step up and time after time a let down.
By:
stridingedge
When: 18 Mar 14 22:40
they are a better team than olympiacos no doubt of that

but they have to bl00dy show it
By:
ian merseyside
When: 19 Mar 14 01:01
After seeing Galatasaray tonight I think the standard of the "lesser" Champions League teams is poor.  I would put Olympiakos in that bracket and historically they don't travel well.  I know Man Utd are way below their best at the moment but they should be able to put 2 goals past Olympiakos if they get a few decent individual performances.  The big question is if they can keep a clean sheet.
By:
Si-K
When: 19 Mar 14 01:04
3-1
By:
teo813
When: 19 Mar 14 01:27
UQ
By:
hitmanhearn
When: 19 Mar 14 06:52
To be fair Moyes is so tactically naive offensively  that if the Greeks score a breakaway goal they will be in all sorts of trouble.They just don't score enough goals.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 19 Mar 14 07:11
Keep expecting a reaction , a backlash , but it never appears.

The ponderous midfield and defence is a liability in the modern era where even average Premier League teams are full of pace.

I see a 2-1 or 3-1 win .......do the club really fancy taking on Real , Atletico , PSV , Dortmund , Bayern , PSG or Chelsea.....

The team is such a shambles I think they would rather go out with one of these scorelines , that is how low the season has gone.

It's as if when Sir Alex emptied his desk , he took the clubs legendary never say die attitude with him , because these team have shown none of it in 8 months ,and tonight it is the only way back.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 19 Mar 14 07:12
oops forgot Barca.....Laugh
By:
bobtoe
When: 19 Mar 14 07:15
I think if Man U win, then they'll win by 2
so I'm having a small stake on Man Utd -1.5 AH
By:
mega88
When: 19 Mar 14 07:49
Man utd remind me of england, they build you up then let you down in a pile of sh#te. Moyes has to start answering questions now
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 19 Mar 14 08:09
Battle between the two weakest sides in the comp it's hard deciding which is the poorest

Every other team left will want the winners next round it's going to be like watching two drunks fight for the right to get banned from the pub
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 19 Mar 14 09:19
b4 the mugerpool game I fancied mug utd to get the win here and go through, was really tempted to back them -1 but now im not so sure after what I saw at the weekend
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 19 Mar 14 09:31
free money olympiakos to qualify.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 19 Mar 14 09:34
big odds on the olympiakos forwards to net. having a pop on saviola and campbell at 6.00+ and 7.00+ if they start.
By:
jon b
When: 19 Mar 14 09:35
fancy Utd to get past these tonight ,utd to qualify for me
By:
ian merseyside
When: 19 Mar 14 14:19
Utd won't play as badly as in the first leg and Olympiakos won't play as well.  The Champions League is a very mixed bunch and the likes of Olympiakos and Galatasaray would struggle to stay in the Premier League.  An early goal for Utd and the crowd behind them, this could actually turn out to be a stroll.
By:
egner
When: 19 Mar 14 14:29
I agree yommomma....if saviola is fit utd will struggle when they break.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 19 Mar 14 14:52
Expect Man U will win 2night, but not sure about going through to the last 8.
Can we really expect them to keep a clean sheet with that defence ??
Would not like to bet on that happening with their back 4 atm.
Hope they get the right result tho.
Gd luck 2 them.
By:
David Icke
When: 19 Mar 14 15:50
What odds will Utd be to qualify if they score in the first 20 mins ?
By:
high_lander
When: 19 Mar 14 16:06
It all depends on Man U. If they sit back and allow the Greeks lots of possession like they did in the first leg, they will be knocked out. Olympiakos are the type of side who thrive on possession. They love to come at you in wave after wave of attack. If that happens they will score goals. However, if United go at them from the get go, put them on the back foot from the first minute, Olympiakos will crack and United will win easily. Deprived of the ball the Greeks heads will go down, confidence will disappear and United will take them apart. It's up to United...
By:
Homer Simpson
When: 19 Mar 14 16:18
Olympiakos can park the bus and nick the away goal at their leisure. I was hoping for a load of goals but 0-0 at half time looks likely.

Sending off @3.9 or penalty @ 3.75, perhaps? Can't back Utd at odds on to beat any professional team at the moment.
By:
degsy42
When: 19 Mar 14 16:21
Utd win and qualify . Olympiacos are gash
By:
super spurs
When: 19 Mar 14 16:21
I have laid olympiakos to qualify @1.45 as I cant see them scoring and I think man u will score in the first 30 mins,i will see how the game is going,i could trade out then.gl
By:
Mikael D'Haguenet
When: 19 Mar 14 16:26
ian merseyside     19 Mar 14 14:19 
The Champions League is a very mixed bunch and the likes of Olympiakos and Galatasaray would struggle to stay in the Premier League.

So they're slightly worse than Man U?
By:
thelatarps
When: 19 Mar 14 16:31
I think this game is all about the greeks
the Moyesiah may be tactically hopeless but if olympiacos put in the kind of shift that Gala did last night then Man U could field
a team of forumites to beat them.
Generally Man U have shown willing in the UCL this season, winning all 3 at home.
I expect them to put in a performance the night, they will take chances at the back.
I think thats been one of the themes of Moyes at Man U. He did generally believe he was in charge of a squad of players equivalent
to the Brazil 70 team.
In fact Fergus was very very cautious when playing against better teams. His midfield usually consisted of players like Fletcher, Giggs, Anderson, guys who would run around, press, but not be asked to create much.
Moyes, in a mistaken belief that Man Utd were all about attacking has fielded 2 up front and 2 wide men which has seen them picked apart on occasion.
He'll probably do the same again tonight
Wether the greeks can take advantage is the question.
By:
toonangel
When: 19 Mar 14 16:47
for all those who think man u will win back them under qualifying method and you cant lose? 4.7 after 90mins 17s in extra time 29s on pens. unless im having a mental blank??
By:
Bergkamp93
When: 19 Mar 14 16:54
By:
desperatemunter
When: 19 Mar 14 16:58
New Forumite.  Happy Birthday. You are 1 day old.
By:
degsy42
When: 19 Mar 14 17:13
Ouzo out . Feta cheese olive houmous pitta bread out. Plates at the ready to smash. Bring on the greeks
By:
Stringer
When: 19 Mar 14 17:45
the likes of Olympiakos and Galatasaray would struggle to stay in the Premier League

utter nonsense Cry
By:
efisio.
When: 19 Mar 14 18:03
I'll be interested to see if Van Persie continue deliberately missing the target.
By:
liggy0
When: 19 Mar 14 18:54
high-lander sorry to have to correct you mate but after checking stats man utd had 60.5 percent possesion to olympiakos 39.5 in first leg which is surprising and they had 4 corners and 1 against, they had 4 shots to olympiakos 9 but that will all change tonight, man utd have got to go all out attack tonight,home win a certainty
By:
gotia
When: 19 Mar 14 18:54
yeh...RVP has been missing deliberately...Needs a pay rise..
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 19 Mar 14 19:08
i have backed Olympiacos +1
By:
cricketnut2
When: 19 Mar 14 19:19
This could well go to extra time
By:
40winks
When: 19 Mar 14 19:21
teams anyone?
By:
-Mills-
When: 19 Mar 14 19:22
Man Utd: De Gea, Da Silva, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Giggs, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie. Subs: Lindegaard, Hernandez, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Fellaini, Januzaj.

Olympiakos: Roberto, Leandro Salino, Manolas, Marcano, Holebas, Perez, Ndinga, Dominguez, Maniatis, David Fuster, Campbell. Subs: Megyeri, Paulo Machado, Samaris, Haedo Valdez, Papadopoulos, Vergos, Bong Songo.

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (Holland)
By:
pauliow
When: 19 Mar 14 19:23
Giggs? That cant be true! They need power and pace not dementia careSurprisedSurprised
By:
40winks
When: 19 Mar 14 19:24
cheers
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo