Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
smithy91
29 Jan 14 08:41
| Topic/replies: 9,213 | Blogger: smithy91's blog
City odds on to short for me. 2.3 more realistic imo!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 257
By:
degsy42
When: 29 Jan 14 10:34
Im on
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 29 Jan 14 10:49
Depends how Sherwood sets up his side. If he goes 442 and has a go at them then they're in big trouble. They were way off the pace at Arsenal and awful in the first half v Palace. City's front 4 could easily over run them. Dawson is a liability yet somehow gets picked every game.

Odds on isn't a price that i'd back them at but i don't think i'd lay them either. They could easily run riot.
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 11:01
Dawson has been picked every week because our two best centre-backs have not been fit for two months in one case and two seasons in another.

And yeah, they could run riot - they certainly do in all their home games, and their recent away form looks stronger than earlier in the season even if they haven't really played anyone any good. But equally, they have lost at Cardiff, Sunderland and Aston Villa, from which games Spurs have collected nine points while City collected none.

The potential exists for them to beat us and beat us well tonight, no doubt, I think they are a very good side. But so are Tottenham, and anyone backing them at odds-on tonight is underestimating one huge factor: We have had ten days' rest since we last played and they have played twice in that time.

Anyway, looking forward to the game, although I would advise a certain amount of caution for anyone planning on travelling: I wouldn't back the game even happening at odds-on, it is flinging it down at the moment in N17 and has been raining for a month.
By:
smithy91
When: 29 Jan 14 11:27
Great posts biscuit and jed I agree with both pretty much!
By:
smithy91
When: 29 Jan 14 11:38
The one real challenge Tottenham faced since sherwood took charge was arsenal away and they didn't play to well tbh. On the other hand city brought kompany on at half time because they couldn't contain watford!
By:
wallis
When: 29 Jan 14 11:43
I think this could go the same way as Liverpool Everton - a match where you think the underdog has a genuine chance at the odds , they get blown away and you come out of it wondering what you were thinking in the first place backing against them.
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 11:53
Smithy, Spurs didn't play very well at Arsenal that's a fact. But still they should have gone in front when Eriksen missed, and they should have equalised when Adebayor fell over rather than stick it in the back of the net.

And yeah, they lost 6-0 at City, but Lloris gifted City two goals in the first 15 minutes and that was that really.

The fact is, these are the two best teams in the Premiership on current form, no way a sane individual backs the away team at odds-on.
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 29 Jan 14 11:59
"The fact is, these are the two best teams in the Premiership on current form"

I think Arsenal and Chelsea might argue with that.
By:
Stringer
When: 29 Jan 14 12:03
Still not convinced by City away from home

fancy the rejuvinated spurs here
By:
REDUNDANT PUNTER
When: 29 Jan 14 12:05
I could see this ending up a draw
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 12:16
Fair point biscuit, Arsenal and Chelsea have 16 points from their last six games, same as Spurs. You could perhaps argue that Chelsea's six games have been slightly harder than Spurs', but Arsenal have had a very easy run of fixtures.
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jan 14 12:26
Spurs best team in Prem on form Laugh

Sherwoods managerial start
Home to West Brom, Stoke and Palace
Away to the worst United team in 20-30years and Swansea who haven't won in the league for nearly 2months

City win on the bridle for me
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 29 Jan 14 12:28
Tonight will tell us a lot about Sherwood. Imo i think he's tactically naive and will be found out sooner or later. He's done well so far, largely thanks to Adebayor who to his credit he brought in from the cold, but part of me can't help think it's just a general upturn due to the new manager syndrome and the squad being boosted by AVB leaving.

I like Spurs and i'm happy to be proved wrong, but he just doesn't convince me. Time will tell though.
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 13:08
It's a bit of a cleft stick for Sherwood tonight. Personally I'd like him to take them on, play Adebayor and Defoe and Townsend and Lennon on the wings and really have a go at them. Then if he gets beat, I will forgive him while everyone else is calling him an idiot.

If he sets up tight, we could still get beat, people will say oh well at least he gave it some thought, but bottom line, we will still have got beat.

In a sense I think it's a bit of a free game for us 4th position-wise, because we can still get in the four if we get beat. If we win though, and beat Arsenal at home - both games we won last season - we have a shout in a very open League, especially given the away fixtures we have left and the relatively easy last six fixtures we have. A small shout for sure, but not a 93/1 shout imo.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 13:19
great stuff jed...

agree entirely....try to keep it tight and they will get through eventually......

....we can score at least 3 against them....yep....

gggggggoooooooooo............
By:
Compensation Year
When: 29 Jan 14 13:25
Sherwood has done well but it's difficult to overlook the relatively easy fixture list he has enjoyed since AVB departed. Bigger tests lie ahead and that starts tonight. Personally I dont think Spurs are good enough for a top 4 finish but happy to be proved wrong.
By:
Money Tree cost me thousands!!
When: 29 Jan 14 13:32
Lay city. Simples.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 13:34
...well I know I am biased but I honestly think that we can score 2 or 3 against them.....problem is they everyone this year is trying to keep them out.....

..could be fun if we go for it.....shame the game seems to be a little too soon  for Kaboul...Vert ...Paulhino..and Sandro...they would make a big difference in giving us a bit more solididty.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 13:35
you have changed your mind money........know I am worried.
By:
mikenichols
When: 29 Jan 14 14:05
Best betting options seem to be goals (overs) and even btts.
By:
smithy91
When: 29 Jan 14 14:09
Yes overs have taken a good hammering already today and I can see why!
By:
stonecold-
When: 29 Jan 14 14:13
should be a good game cant see this being boring.
By:
Money Tree cost me thousands!!
When: 29 Jan 14 14:18
I have not changed my mind on the result I merely suggested city were too big a price.

IMO they can't win.
By:
ClayDavis
When: 29 Jan 14 14:32
As a Spurs fan I agree with earlier posts about how Sherwood sets up the team. Anyone wishing to back City should wait to see the Spurs line up. Our back two (Vlad and Dawson) are an accident waiting to happen (scrap that, the accident has already happened!!!) and Ageuro and Negredo could run riot. Our back two need protecting big time and I'm not convinced Bentaleb is the answer. Quite a few times against Swansea Beltaleb was caught ahead of the play leaving the area behind the front striker exposed. That can't happen tonight.
Also I'm a huge fan of Eriksen but playing him wide left is a no-no. Played him there against Arsenal and needless to say it got badly exposed.. Eriksen was excellent against Swansea playing in the hole behind Adebayor.
Chadli is not very good but he offers us balance and we always look a better side with a sole striker and two wide men and Eriksen in the hole.
I would love Sandro to be playing but suffice to say I don't think he will be ready.
City were the better team - imho - at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season and were desperately unlucky to lose - Joe Hart's nightmare.
To sum up, with the wrong line up and shape to our team tonight, A liverpool style result could easily ensue. But with a bit of common sense we have half a chance.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 14:36
..that's ok money have changed wisely...yepWink
By:
GODSEND
When: 29 Jan 14 15:34
3-4 ft gl
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 15:35
As long as it doesn't happen like the last time Godsend.
By:
GODSEND
When: 29 Jan 14 15:36
another premierleague classic ihope
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Jan 14 15:36
Having said that Spurs HT Man City FT might be worth a small punt.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 17:39
not long now....wonder if he will play soldado as well....would be very brave
By:
Regular Fries
When: 29 Jan 14 17:53
Eriksen playing off Adebayor and Dzeko for Negredo who is on bench.
By:
egner
When: 29 Jan 14 17:59
...worked ok against Swansea....hopefully we can get men forward and get at them.
By:
jermaine defonebox
When: 29 Jan 14 17:59
Ton spurs by 1@6.6
Ton spurs by 2 @14.5
By:
GODSEND
When: 29 Jan 14 18:05
0-5 city imo
By:
themover
When: 29 Jan 14 18:16