Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
23 Jun 13 20:28
| Topic/replies: 35,744 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
thought he done a great job
Pause Switch to Standard View GUS POYET SACKED WHY
Show More
Report Mike Bassett England Manager June 23, 2013 8:33 PM BST
Told players he couldn't guarantee he would be back next season so was suspended pending a disciplinary. Failed to show for that so has been sacked.
He won't be out of work for long methinks.
Report a bitofinterest June 23, 2013 8:35 PM BST
not with buttocks that pert
Report lukekelly88 June 23, 2013 8:37 PM BST
For rubbing his faeces all over the dressing room. Gus pooyet
Report Just Checking June 23, 2013 8:50 PM BST
Fired while appearing as a pundit on a live broadcast, got to be a first.
Report Pounf June 24, 2013 9:10 AM BST
Reckon Geoff Shreeve was the guy that told him
Report bbc2 June 24, 2013 9:28 AM BST
must be his toilet arrangementsGrin
Report spain1nil June 24, 2013 4:07 PM BST
#poogate
Report southerner101 June 24, 2013 6:10 PM BST
some games are being investigated.... match fixing guys what else!
Report themover June 24, 2013 6:14 PM BST
apparently he couldn't give a sh*t....oh wait hang on
Report Happy Valley June 26, 2013 8:48 AM BST
in all seriousness, I suspect it was because a massive personality clash developed between him and the chairman and the CEO, for two main reasons

1. he seemed to think the strictures of the FFP rules could be largely ignored

2. he kept mentioning in interviews how he would like to manager Chelsea or Spurs or Arsenal or Leeds and his heart was always at Leeds

this alienated him from the boss and Poyet then started behaving like a big baby, refusing to talk to the press, refusing to do the retained list was the last straw so they said your suspended matey, we'll now go through the legal motions and fire you, that way no compensation coming your way

Now put that in pipe and smoke it.

I think Poyet has learned a lesson, having had his head turned by Reading.
Report Happy Valley June 26, 2013 8:50 AM BST
in terms of Poyet's sacking, I think the poo is just a red herring Happy
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 26, 2013 9:26 AM BST
Possibly this is just here say and rumour but I heard Brighton chairman Tony Bloom was the biggest winner on Betfair
Report brightonaremagic June 26, 2013 9:05 PM BST
I see that Oscar Garcia been named as "Head Coach", seems a great pick
Report brightonaremagic June 26, 2013 9:08 PM BST
Oscar Garcia has been appointed to the newly created role of head coach of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Garcia's immediate task will be to oversee pre-season training. The 40-year-old will take up his new post on Thursday morning.

He said, "I am delighted to have the opportunity to work in English football for the first time. Brighton & Hove Albion is one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country."

Chairman Tony Bloom welcomed Oscar to the club, saying, "We are delighted to have Oscar here to help us prepare for the new season and plan what promises to be another exciting campaign for the club."

In an illustrious playing career Garcia played for Barcelona and Valencia amongst others, before stepping into coaching as youth coach at the Nou Camp.

His first senior role was as manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv, and in his first season at the club guided the Israeli side to their first league title win in a decade.
Report blackbarn June 27, 2013 10:29 PM BST
1. We have no idea why Poyet was sacked UNTIL Brighton make a full statement after the appeal hearing.

2. We might still have no idea, even after said statementDevil

3. Oscar Garcia a very "interesting" selection as "head coach".

4. This club easily has the potential to achieve a highish/mid table premiership position.

DiscussWink
Report cricnut June 27, 2013 10:34 PM BST
It will need a lot of new players to do that, but at least the new manager (whoever he is) might play more attractive football than Poyet
Report blackbarn June 27, 2013 10:49 PM BST
Cri**** - Agreed obviously, re the first point, BUT playing "attractive" football is what stopped them getting promoted - too much ****-footing, "pretty pretty" passing game, and lack or directness and finishing was the problem.
Report blackbarn June 27, 2013 10:54 PM BST
Re my last post. I did type cri****, honest!  Why the feck is puss y-footing not allowed on here. It's even in the OED.
Report blackbarn June 27, 2013 11:03 PM BST
TEST TEST TEST TEST - I am unable to post the name of a long standing and valued member of this forum - Cri**** (cric nut) or Cricunt (Cri****) or apparently any variant of same.

I am not allowed ****-footing despite it being in the OED. I may be allowed p ussy on its own or even ****footing, but I am certainly not allowed any form of ****.
Report blackbarn June 27, 2013 11:09 PM BST
The thot plickens..............

I cannot post my friend Cri**** (C R I C N U T) BUT I can post his alter ego cricunt. Indeed it seems that I can post any form of **** on here without fear of criticism.

Puss y seems to be more problematic. I seem to be banned from all forms of ****.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com