Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
superbigal
28 Sep 12 14:50
| Topic/replies: 544 | Blogger: superbigal's blog
Good Afternoon Chaps. Here we are again.
First of all Betfair are covering the games but no fluidity as yet.
I dont like the card to be frank and also suspect most of the firms have been like sheep following a pattern of price setting that gives us less opportunity to catch the errors in a nice treble or acca. The 1st round unfortunately once a year chaps is the place to be.  However I cant come on here without stating that their is one place we can go and cripple their system (Again) while having some prospective fun over potential large price winners.  Patrick Powder come to daddy.

The best bet on the coupon is in the Selkirk v Vale of Leithen match. Vale are a headline 4/6 to win. Selkirk were relegated from the EOS Premier last season and have imploded recently. They started reasonably in their League Cup section and were part of the 1st Round treble when beating the students of Glasgow Uni 2-0 in round 1. Since then however their league campaign has been a disaster. 3 Games and 3 losses. Scoring 2 and conceding 11. Vale of Leithen are a decent EOS Premier League side and are unbeaten in 4 league games. Interesting that in last seasons head to head Vale won both games 4-0.
Now then Padddys offer 9/1 for Vale to win by 4 clear goals.  If you are not so brave then there are handicap options for (-1) and (-2).

The other team I wanted to be backing to win heavily was Cove Rangers in their tie against Golspie Sutherland. Unfortunately Padddys are one of the shortest prices about Cove but the only bookie thus far offering "to win by 4" or handicaps.  Cove are 2nd top of the Highland League and have won 4 from 4 home games. Amateur (think you would class it) Golspie are from the North Caledonian league. Generally when they take on Highland League teams the results are fairly clearcut. They won in the 1st round at horrible Hawick who were reduced to 10 men early. They are not even top dogs at the moment in their own weak league.
I am risking the Cove by 4 goals or more route at 7/2. Smaller handicaps available.   

I am playing various doubles on these 2 matches.

The next couple of selections are more gut opinion rather than odds way out of Line but Padddys is still the best place if you agree.

Stirling Uni are 8/5 to beat Bonnyrigg Rose. The EOS Premier champs are again top this year and unbeaten. The students are full of young (freed) pro players now doing scholarships/degrees/tax dodging. Some are from notable clubs. This is their debut in the cup and they come up against the East Region Junior Superleague champs Bonnyrigg Rose.
Nothing against Rose who are again going well. I just suspect the students will outplay them on their bowling green of a park.

Anyone that wants another potential 4 goal+ winner I would not put off Elgin City. Problem is Padddys are outright shortest at 1/7 and the only firm offering Hcaps etc. 23/10 if you want to risk it. I will pass for now.

Elsewhere I would not put anyone off backing Huntly to win at Inverurie where you can get 4/1 (were 17/4) for the visitors. My friend Wickerman totally disagrees with me (He is good) , so I was loathe to tip.  In this all Highland League battle i like that huntly who are 3rd, 5 points ahead of Inverurie with a game less played. Huntlys last 2 matches have seen wins over Turriff and Deveronvale. Inverurie lost to both of those teams in the week preceeding. This tip is therefore purely on value and form.

Finally for now east Stirlingshire are best price 10/11 on odddschecker to win at struggling highland League Fraserburgh. However if you visit McBookie.co.uk you will find them at a huge 13/8. I dont have a huge opinion on this one and am only pointing out the independant is somewhat pricing the game different to the "SHEEP".

Finally I could not go without giving some pointers on Forres v The Rangers.
I would point you in the direction of the to score at anytime market.  Lee McCulloch is 8/11 at Skyyybet, more interest for me is Dean Shiels at 11/10 at Boyllespots.

Questions as usual fire away.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 108
By:
Stone Roses
When: 28 Sep 12 15:34
Great post as usual, certainly provides food for thought.
By:
Ove
When: 28 Sep 12 15:55
Great indeed. Do you have an opinion about: Dalbeattie Star   v   Stirling? Are Stirling as good as they seem to be? Cheers.
By:
Wickerman
When: 28 Sep 12 16:11
Stirling have only won one game all season beating Annan 5 1 in the league that form alone should be enough to beat Dalbeattie though its not as simple as that, Dalbeattie were unbeaten in the SOS league last season and have won there first 7 matches this season,Dalbeatties main player is top scorer Scott Milliagan he was on trial at QOS but didnt quiet make it , still a very decent player should be playing 3d division at least , looks like it could be a tight affair and as per usual the first goal will be all important
By:
Ove
When: 28 Sep 12 16:13
Thanks for that.
By:
superbigal
When: 28 Sep 12 16:21
I saw Stirling Albion destroy Arbroath in play (Went to extra time) in a League cup tie at the start of the season. On that form they were a sure thing. Their form as Wicker suggests has tailed off. they were beaten 3-0 in a friendly recently (Strong team out) by the aforementioned Stirling university.
Watch you dont get your Stirlings mixed up :)
By:
Ove
When: 28 Sep 12 16:27
No, I have backed East Stirlingshire with McBookie.
By:
Ove
When: 28 Sep 12 16:32
And that makes three Stirlings! Lol.
By:
starfish and coffee
When: 28 Sep 12 16:34
Some trip for Wick down to Berwick. Possibly the longest journey in Scottish football.
By:
Wickerman
When: 28 Sep 12 16:45
Wick travel down to Edinburgh this afternoon
By:
superbigal
When: 28 Sep 12 19:29
It is a 640 mile round trip for Wick. Scottish record was Wick to Kirkcudbright to play St Cuthberts on a 720 mile journey.
By:
RichyH
When: 28 Sep 12 21:30
I was told to have a look at Irvine to beat QP, any thoughts?
By:
superbigal
When: 28 Sep 12 22:51
Irvine Meadow hit a bad run at the wrong time with 2 defeats on the bounce. QP flying currently top of SFL3.  I would not be backing the Junior side in this one.
By:
superbigal
When: 28 Sep 12 23:32
Just a final post for the night. Was trawling through the books to spot any ricks and have found one. All the firms are smart enough to price over 2.5 goals in most of the games at 1/3 to 2/5. Bwinnn have followed suit and are 3/10 on most matches.
However the game likely to have most goals could well be Cove v Golspie. Bwinnnn have gone 3/5 for over 2.5 goals and 29/20 for over 3.5 goals if feeling braver.
I suggest this should be grabbed if you have an account. This is a definate error.
Most interesting team news tonight is the injury problems Turriff have for their visit to Civil Service strollers. With 6 men definately out I have decided to nibble the strollers also at Bwinnn at 7/4. As Bwinnn also have my "dog" tip Huntly at 4/1 and headline tip Vale of Leithen at a decent 3/5, I have backed up so more lines.
By:
debaser1878
When: 29 Sep 12 01:07
Thanks for posting! Had a £10 on Cove, Elgin and Vale of Leithen -3.0, Returns £1336

owe me nothing as I won alot last year on this thread
By:
sofiakenny
When: 29 Sep 12 01:26
great stuff..thanks SBA..much appreciated pal
By:
sofiakenny
When: 29 Sep 12 11:12
right...have monster double on cove and elgin both minus 3
have attempted the big clean up by throwing in stirling uni(draw no bet) and shire to the above
TALLY-HO!!!Excited
By:
chelsea girl
When: 29 Sep 12 12:25
Thanks OP

Ton treble Leithen Cove Elgin returns £288.40 with Billies

G/L to us all. Happy
By:
GT
When: 29 Sep 12 12:49
Cheers Al, always like reading your knowledgable threads...especially that legendary one!

I've put on a £70 acca...Vale, Cove, Elgin and my nap Stoke.

Got a £12 double on Vale to win by 4 or more at 8/1, with Cove to score 4 or more.

Also got played the correct score doubles on the above two matches, for a right few quid..

Good Luck All..Excited
By:
starfish and coffee
When: 29 Sep 12 13:18
Always a good read and informative. Good luck today.
By:
badjoe
When: 29 Sep 12 14:47
Great post, my bets are:-

Scottish FA Cup Cove Rangers v Golspie Sutherland
29-09-2012 15:00
Handicap Betting
Cove Rangers (-2.0) @ 6/4
Scottish FA Cup Selkirk v Vale of Leithen
Alternative Handicap
Vale of Leithen (-2.0) @ 3/1
Scottish FA Cup Elgin v St Cuthbert Wanderers
Alternative Handicap
Elgin (-3.0) @ 23/10
Your Bets
Treble

Scottish FA Cup Elgin v St Cuthbert Wanderers
Handicap Betting
Elgin (-2.0) @ 10/11
Scottish FA Cup Cove Rangers v Golspie Sutherland
Handicap Betting
Cove Rangers (-2.0) @ 13/10
Scottish FA Cup Selkirk v Vale of Leithen
Handicap Betting
Vale of Leithen (-1.0) @ 6/5
Your Bets
Treble
By:
superbigal
When: 29 Sep 12 14:51
Okay for an update. McBookie now Evens from 13/8 for East Stirling so fair bit of activity their. Bwinn are still holding their error in the overs market on the Cove match.
Significant team news for The Rangers with no Sandaza, Little or Shiels. This makes Lee McCulloch excellent value at 8/11 Slybett to score at anytime. Padddys have him as 4/1 for 1st goalscorer which again is terrific value. 
I am off out to watch my local team Tayport shortly kicking off at 2.30pm so should be back to check in here around 4.20pm.
By:
chelsea girl
When: 29 Sep 12 15:54
Billies prices now:

Leithen 8/15 was 8/13Happy

Cove 1/5 was 1/3Happy

Elgin 1/5 still 1/5Plain
By:
badjoe
When: 29 Sep 12 15:58
Also have this as 4-fold with sly bet.....

Football    Scottish Cup    Forres Mechanics v Rangers     To Score in 90mins    29/09/2012 15:00    Lee McCulloch @ 8/11    Extra Time Does Not Count.
Football    Scottish Cup    Selkirk v Vale of Leithen     Full Time Result    29/09/2012 15:00    Vale of Leithen @ 4/7
Football    Scottish Cup    Elgin City v St Cuthbert Wanderers     Full Time Result    29/09/2012 15:00    Elgin City @ 2/11
Football    Scottish Cup    Cove v Golspie Sutherland     Full Time Result    29/09/2012 15:00    Cove @ 2/9 Back to Account History Search
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 29 Sep 12 15:59
Nice post OP put a few trebles on myself. Also thought Forres were a bit too big at 75's on here. Wont be surprised if Sevco put  several past them but given there away form in SFL 3 75's is too big. Not much difference between teams who finish at top of Highland league and SFL3 sides. Long journey up there and if they think some of the SFL stadiums and pitches are a surprise and struggled on some of the players won't have played in a stadium like this since secondary school.
By:
Alex87
When: 29 Sep 12 16:01
Here is to big wins for:
Vale of Lethein 3+
Cove Ranger 4+
Elgin 3+

Can you keep me up to date with these scores please?

Thanks
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 29 Sep 12 16:04
Followed you Superbigal on the Cove over 2.5 bet

good start Happy
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 29 Sep 12 16:04
1-0 Cove
By:
Wickerman
When: 29 Sep 12 16:05
1 0 Cove
By:
Alex87
I have been given a free bet with PP for £10 and put it on 5-0 to Cove at 14/1
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
good start HappyHappy
By:
Alex87
When: 29 Sep 12 16:07
Also good luck to the mighty Civil Service Strollers this afternoon!!
By:
Alex87
When: 29 Sep 12 16:15
CSS 0-1 TuriffShocked
By:
Alex87
When: 29 Sep 12 16:26
Plenty of time but a little disappointingly quiet so far....Confused
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 29 Sep 12 16:28
Elgin 1-0