Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The G-man
05 Jun 12 00:56
| Topic/replies: 879 | Blogger: The G-man's blog
To start with its clear that midfielders are the best bets with the last 4 Euros going to midfielders, and I believe that all 4 also were in the winning team.
It also seems that scoring goals is by no means crucial in winning this award so being an attacking midfielder is no advantage, indeed being a playmaker making assists would give a player more chance.

I think that only Spain, Germany, Holland and France have a chance to win it, so its worth going through the midfielders in those teams.

Rightly Xavi (best of 16/1), Iniesta (16/1) and Ozil (16/1) are joint favourites.
Xavi won this in 2008, but im not sure if this is in his favour or not?
Inieta is clearly a very likely alternative if Spain go far.
Ozil looks likely to have a big tournamant and should arguably be the favourite here with Germany at 3/1 to win it.

Next is Muller 20/1 who scored v Chelsea after a barron spell, but his form hasnt been great in the last 2 years, so maybe best ignored at this price.
Schweinsteger at 20/1 was tipped in the post, and does seem a good bet.
Robben 25/1 seems a good bet, but given you probably have to win it and Holland are 7/1, he doesnt look as good value as the Germans or Spanish.
Sneijder 25/1 hasnt been the same player recently.
Silva 33/1 is a great bet for me, he was odds on for Prem player of the year for the first half of the season.
If he recovers that form then this is a big price.
Fabregas 40/1 may not play enough minutes.
Ribery 40/1 actually does seem value if you believe France can get at least to the final, he has been in good form so looks worth a small bet.
Nasri 66/1 again seems worth a small bet, though maybe he is too attacking a player to fit into the typical profile of a winner in this market.
Van Der Vaart 80/1 may not have the stamina to last the course.

Gerrard 66/1 and Pirlo 80/1 as the most likely contenders from the next 2 countries in the betting are worth considering if you fancy England or Italy which I dont.

So overall id go:  3pts Silva, 2pts Ozil, 1pt Ribery
Pause Switch to Standard View Top Tournament Player Euro 2012...
Show More
Report .Sir. June 5, 2012 1:16 AM BST
Next is Muller 20/1 who scored v Chelsea after a barron spell, but his form hasnt been great in the last 2 years, so maybe best ignored at this price.

Not for Germany it hasn't....
Report play45 June 5, 2012 2:05 AM BST
Marco Reus @ 210!!! - One of best technic strikers in Bundesliga  and he will play & Klose instead of Gomez.
Gomez was always lucky with his goals, thats why Bayern munich bought Dzeko and Pizzaro for new season.
Chelsea asked for Reus but he signed a contract and will play for Dortmund. He was the shooting star this season.
Report JrSk June 5, 2012 6:45 AM BST
Where do you find the market for this on betfair?
Report Zazu June 5, 2012 7:56 AM BST
Im on Robert Lewandoski at 40/1 and still thinks he's big at 25/1

Silvaa 33/1 is a terrible price. Probably wont even be Spains top scorer and despite their attacking quality Spain dont rip teams apart like barca. thye happily take 1-0 or 2-0
Report TheGoodsAgain June 5, 2012 11:11 AM BST
Lewandowski is 80s with Bet365. Are you thinking top goalscorer market Zazu?
Report Zazu June 5, 2012 12:49 PM BST
Blush
Report Zazu June 5, 2012 12:51 PM BST
id be interested in backing nasri for this market btw
Report TheGoodsAgain June 5, 2012 1:42 PM BST
You have good value on Lewandowski by the way. He is down to 23s now. I have him TGS at 25s
Report moe1986 June 5, 2012 10:32 PM BST
where is this market?! cant find it... ConfusedConfused
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com