Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pollensa
16 Apr 12 20:18
| Topic/replies: 622 | Blogger: Pollensa's blog
I have just listened to Alex Thomson of Channel 4 running rings round Hugh Keevens and co on a radio station challenging them to explain why it took them so long to report on various aspects of the Rangers tax case.  Keevens eventually offered the explanation that he (Keevens) did not feel qualified to report on certain aspects of the case. Thomson also read out an e mail from a Glasgow journalist in which Thomson is referred to as 'Timmy Thomson' and  the Glasgow journalist promises to give Thomson a good Protestant beating. It made me think of Feck on here pointing out the bias which exists within 'Scottish Football Officialdom' and some were simply not getting it. It is clearly evident within journalism in Glasgow as shown by the sheer stupidity of the e mail sent to Alex Thomson which is now in the hands of Strathclyde Police and the fact he was able to discover quite easily aspects of the Rangers case which were too difficult for our own Glasgow based journalists.....or perhaps they did not look hard enough.......surely not.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 104
By:
tobermory
When: 17 Apr 12 19:39
what a fool to say that in an e mail

*not that i'd approve of him saying it any other way Mischief
By:
shudacuda
When: 17 Apr 12 20:05
It wasn't in an email,it was on twitter.

The weegie media have been very quiet on a lot of things regarding the old firm.

However i agree with you that Alex Thomson is a real journalist and is running rings round them.
By:
tobermory
When: 17 Apr 12 20:10
he could end up in jail if he said it on twitter so even dumber!
By:
whatnot86
When: 17 Apr 12 20:19
is that the twitter account that's fake, and not actually from a real scottish journalist?
By:
shudacuda
When: 17 Apr 12 20:19
no
By:
Alias
When: 17 Apr 12 20:34
It is clearly evident within journalism in Glasgow as shown by the sheer stupidity of the e mail sent to Alex Thomson which is now in the hands of Strathclyde Police

Cue Feck to tell us all about Orange/Masonic corruption in the Glesca polis...
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 20:38
Got to love the victim mentality that both sides of the Old Firm have.

Sad to see once big clubs getting dragged down like this.
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 20:42
It is clearly evident within journalism in Glasgow as shown by the sheer stupidity of the e mail sent to Alex Thomson which is now in the hands of Strathclyde Police

Cue Alias to tell us the email was not sectarian just like Hugh Dallas's.
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 20:45
I thought religionhad nothing
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 20:45
I thought you said religion had nothing to do with the debate Feck?

Certainly you were saying that yesterday.
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 21:00
You've got to laugh at these clowns contrasting Redknapp's reaction to the mistake in his game with Neil Lennon's in his. James Traynor wrote this morning

Redknapp went into Wembley's media auditorium and delivered a mature appraisal of the referee's performance that was free of malice. He said: "The referee's made an honest mistake.

"The ref hasn't done it on purpose. Refs don't do that."

I'd love to see Betfair Harry's reaction if it became a regular occurrence and he was beaten up, regularly abused, sent bombs, assaulted on video by an "innocent" assailant and ridiculed by hun journalists for complaining about it.

Oh, and Our 'Arry didn't bet himself for the Portsmouth manager's job. Managers don't do that.
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 21:04
I thought you said religion had nothing to do with the debate Feck?

I don't think I did. I was accused of continually bringing up religion (which I wasn't) by people who were continually bringing up religion. My earlier post referred to Alias's assertion that the email Dallas was sacked for was not sectarian.
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 21:04
Feck the guy that attacked Lennon got an eight month sentence for it.

Dont let the facts get in the way of you stories though eh?
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 21:13
He was given that sentence for breach of the peace and had already served all of it on remand as an untried prisoner (i.e he wouldn't have to do prison work and would have been allowed money to be sent in for purchases).
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 21:15
I know that Feck, I thought you were making out he got away without any punishment.
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 21:29
He did on the assault case. Had he just ran on the pitch and attempted to inflame rival supporters without assaulting anyone what would he have got? I'd have thought serving 4 months as an untried prisoner would've been a result
By:
JamDav1982
When: 17 Apr 12 21:31
So the justice system as well as the SFA are anti Celtic and anti catholic?

What a sad world you live in.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 17 Apr 12 22:42
You really are a troubled individual, the twelve jurors are indicative of a sickness in Scottish society??? CryLaugh
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 17 Apr 12 22:51
dude, you're the sort of clown who probably prattles on about how great Britain is and how uncivilised the rest of the world is totally oblivious to the fact that there was an apartheid society operating in part of the "UK" not so very long ago.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 17 Apr 12 22:52
Cry
By:
freddiek
When: 17 Apr 12 22:54
Is there not institutionalised sectarianism in the UK, which includes Scotland..

Monarch cannot be RC, etc
By:
mintymonster1
When: 17 Apr 12 23:02
Spot on freddiek
By:
Alias
When: 18 Apr 12 08:44
Cue Alias to tell us the email was not sectarian just like Hugh Dallas's.

No idea feck, and not really interested. I told you before that I was glad to see the back of Dallas anyway.

I wonder though, are you secretly annoyed that the SFA didn't somehow salvage Rangers from their present predicament? Just imagine what a conspiracy story that could have been!Devil
By:
Onedayilwin
When: 18 Apr 12 10:05
There is a media bias towards Rangers of that there can be absolute no doubt. Look at how when Walter Smith walked out on Scotland for Rangers there wasn't even the slightest hint of criticism just 'welcome back Sir Walter'. Anywhere else in the world he'd of been slaughtered.

And Murrays dealings were never questioned either even when a blind man could see what he was up to. Selling off future merchandise revenues so he could get his hands on one big lump sum and in the process sacking all the shops staff was reported as 'Rangers in multi million pound windfall'. I guess after Murray tried to destroy the career of Graham Spiers for having the cheek to say anything critical of him a lot of the journos shat themselves although when you hear Traynor still defending Murray to the hilt and Chic Young doing the Ibrox PR man out of a job its no wonder so many want to see them up shiit creek.
By:
TheBetterBettor
When: 18 Apr 12 10:55
heard from the grape vine....

that the club will be renamed as The British Rangers...

They will play in the English leagues...or they will claim for discrimination citing a welsh club (Swansea) is allowed to play in the English Premier League so why not them
By:
mactheknife
When: 18 Apr 12 11:35
There seems to be institutionalised sectarianism wherever you go.

Roman Catholics are excommunicated if they wish to join Freemasonry whilst Church Of Scotland members can mix freely between their faith and the Lodge?

Check this out:

**The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin**

Its little wonder that there are good catholic boys in the columns.
No grown man is going to allow himself to be dictated to like that if he wishes to join any fellowship.
Catholic woman are not allowed to join the Star either though many are members.
Seems to an outsider looking in that the Vatican wants absolute obedience from its flock and G_d help anyone that does`nt conform.

QUESTION:

Can Roman Catholic`s become Freemasons?

RESPONSE: No, Catholics may not be Freemasons because of this group’s “irreconcilable” opposition to Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church.[1] Nor may they belong to the Order of the Eastern Star (a Masonic association for women), the Order of DeMolay (for boys), or Job’s Daughters or the Rainbow Girls (for girls). Popes Clement XII (1738), Benedict XIV (1751), Pius VII (1821), Leo XII (1825), Pius VIII (1829), Gregory XVI (1832), Pius IX (1846, 1849, 1864, 1865, 1869, 1873), and Leo XIII (1882, 1884, 1890, 1894, 1902) have repeated the prohibition against joining Masonic associations. The old Code of Canon Law (1917) imposed excommunication upon Catholics who became masons. Recent Vatican directives under Pope John Paul II have reaffirmed the long-standing ban.

DISCUSSION: Because the new Code of Canon Law (1983) did not explicitly excommunicate Catholics who become Freemasons, some confusion arose concerning whether Catholics may join Masonic groups. To address the confusion, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, with the approval of Pope John Paul II, declared that:

the Church’s negative judgment in regard to Masonic associations remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church, and therefore membership with them remains forbidden. The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.[2]
By:
shudacuda
When: 18 Apr 12 11:51
Religious poppyc ock.

Do people actually believe all this?
By:
desperatemunter
When: 18 Apr 12 11:56
unfortunately it's religion and the way people take sides on the subject which holds Scotland back and shows it up as a 'tribal' nation - which  is not a good thing to be (Sudan, Uganda, etc - these are 'tribal' nations too, most of Africa).
Tribalism is synonymous with savagery and killing in the name of tribe (or team) - these people are backward beyond belief .
By:
desperatemunter
When: 18 Apr 12 12:04
until organisations which require us to take sides against other people - who are defined as being 'in the wrong' just by virtue of not being 'us' - are gone from this world, then people, gullible and naive as they are, will continue to fall under the spell.  And once they've got their heads full of 'we are right, they are wrong', all behaviours are legitimised.
People who hold with one religion - against all others - are modern-day savages and have no chance of thinking their way out of the cul-de-sac of hate into which they were driven.
By:
desperatemunter
When: 18 Apr 12 12:15
so much for the sheep.
the sheep are sheep because they fall for the lies of their leaders so it's been good to see the liars who run/ran Rangers being tormented by a sudden 'light of truth' being shone on their corrupt dealings.
Interestingly, criminals like Craig White (how vulnerable and easily conned need you be to appoint him as your leader : one for the Rangers board there) don't use religion, they have no need of it. They are in-and-out merchants. Smash, grab and they're gone.
By:
BroWal
When: 18 Apr 12 12:25
Mactheknife. I think if you take the trouble you'll find that the Vatican has also barred membership of the Knights of St Columba, the ''Catholic'' version of the little boys club. But I'm sure you'll be aware of that anyway?
By:
mactheknife
When: 18 Apr 12 12:46
Knights of Saint Columba
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Knights of Saint Columba

The Knights of Saint Columba is a Catholic fraternal service organisation and the largest of its kind in the United Kingdom.[1] Founded in Glasgow in 1919,[2] it is named in honour of Saint Columba, a Christian missionary from Ireland who helped to introduce Christianity to some of the people in the north. The organisation describes itself as being dedicated to the principles of Charity, Unity and Fraternity.[3] There are more than 8,000 members of the KSC, in over 340 councils across Great Britain—it features in England, Scotland and Wales. Membership is limited to practising Catholic men aged 16 or older, and promotes the social doctrine of the Catholic Church.[1]

Seem a harmless bunch of lads.
Any particular reason why the RC church barred them?
By:
Feck N. Eejit
When: 18 Apr 12 13:13
Because they're all w@nkers just like the masons.
By:
Alias
When: 18 Apr 12 14:11
Why is KSC limited to practising catholics? Institutionalised bigotry if ever I saw it. Probably illegal too.
By:
BroWal
When: 18 Apr 12 14:19
No doubt illegal. A bit like the British monarchy succession rules.Personally I think they should allow practising Protestants to join the KSC too. That would swell their numbers by at least a handfull.
By:
mactheknife
When: 18 Apr 12 14:29
Feck who are the RC catholic church to be looking down on anything or anyone m8.
They let their priests marry until the bishop of Rome as he was called then did not want the priests family inheriting his wealth so by letting priests not get married this was solved.
What is wrong with them?
They also say that masturbation is a sin???
Nae wonder the Big Yin stated that his RC upbringing allowed him to graduate in `A Level Guilt`.
By:
BroWal
When: 18 Apr 12 14:36
The Holy Roman Church does not condemn masturbation by certified W@nkers so there's no need for you to be concerned. As for the 'Big Yin'. PHUD !!! ps Big Benedict is STILL the Bishop of Rome. pps Shouldn't you be oot collecting for the 'Fighting Fund'
By:
mactheknife
When: 21 Apr 12 12:18
Just as well we did`nt go into the frustration that will be caused with the celibate policy regarding RC Priests & Nuns then m8.
By:
skullery
When: 21 Apr 12 14:15
Alex Thomson of channel 4 went on to a Scottish radio station and quoted a parody or a fake twitter account , and made a tit of himself
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com