Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kenilworth
20 Feb 12 23:04
| Topic/replies: 15,627 | Blogger: kenilworth's blog
Impatience ?
Expect too much ?
Must have a bet ?
Lack of discipline ?
What ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 286
By:
TheKingOfKong
When: 20 Feb 12 23:07
I'd say lack of discipline, i find you win alot more if you plan out your bets in terms of specific games, rather than seeing whats availible on the spur of the moment.
By:
TheKingOfKong
When: 20 Feb 12 23:08
Also after a big win calling it a day, take it and prepare for another day.
By:
skint-gambler
When: 20 Feb 12 23:09
I'd say my problem was i used to chase losses rather than using common sense
By:
Calacoo
When: 20 Feb 12 23:10
Its ll those things....guilty as charged!!
By:
treetop
When: 20 Feb 12 23:11
My feeling is lack of discipline. Go into any betting shop and most punters will be able to pick a winner. Managing your money so that the bulk goes onto the winner instead of spreading it round 20 different selections (for the fun of it) usually leads to being penniless.
By:
SirFresh
When: 20 Feb 12 23:13
Poor staking (nap)
By:
Return_Of_Dawsy
When: 20 Feb 12 23:18
Overbetting
By:
kenilworth
When: 20 Feb 12 23:20
I think it's impatience. Too many opportunities
to bet on, leads to impatience waiting for the
right bet.
By:
antony_27
When: 20 Feb 12 23:20
some decidely dodgy results that should'nt be happening?
By:
Calacoo
When: 20 Feb 12 23:21
I seem to do ok but then find myself holding out for a little bit more and getting caught out... also think I need to do more research and bet in less markets so probably discipline is the single most important rule here!! easier said than done me thinks...must.....bet... now!
By:
kenilworth
When: 20 Feb 12 23:22
If everything went to form, it wouldn't exist.
By:
acc
When: 20 Feb 12 23:24
Lack of underround books is your answer
By:
flatliner
When: 20 Feb 12 23:25
discipline me.
By:
Calacoo
When: 20 Feb 12 23:28
Do all losers suffer terrible bad luck...I seem to suffer terrible luck even when I research events, bad timing, cant seem to take luck out of the equation**** gambler really!!
By:
mrfishfingers
When: 20 Feb 12 23:29
1. Indiscipline
2. Greed
3. Believing in the concept of "luck"
By:
Calacoo
When: 20 Feb 12 23:34
must just be a bad gambler... back to the drawing board for me then
By:
Lucifer64
When: 20 Feb 12 23:38
For me relying heavily on prediction sites,who get it wrong,which means i get it wrong
Example tonight,1 site predicted Brentford V Carlisle as a draw, another one predicted Carlisle win, so i backed Double Chance on Carlisle,and of course Carlisle lost!.
By:
quin0607
When: 20 Feb 12 23:39
if the bookies are in profit the average punter isnt
By:
meadway
When: 20 Feb 12 23:40
a essex accent LMFAO! LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
donny osmond
When: 20 Feb 12 23:51
not understanding the odds, accepting poor odds
By:
lybertyne
When: 21 Feb 12 00:18
I'd say greed, fear and superstition are big factors that most people can't control, and so keep losing.
By:
montecristo88
When: 21 Feb 12 00:29
if u bet quickly without thinking.....as en example u see tigkre 1-0 at 14' and u bet lay 1-0 half time...
By:
bob_terwilliger
When: 21 Feb 12 00:40
trying to pick consistent winners.
By:
bob_terwilliger
When: 21 Feb 12 00:40
oh and chasing
By:
Shaky
When: 21 Feb 12 00:56
Most punters already know they are going to bet on an event before even seeing the prices. They will think "man utd v liverpool", i'm having a bet on that, without even having a rough tissue in their head.
By:
loadedgimp
When: 21 Feb 12 01:12
They sign up to tipping service for a fee?
They bet heavy on likely results that get busted.  Benfica today! PSV the other day! Bayern Munich the day before that!
They lay high odds and see the unexpected expected.

If you stick to one type of bet you increase your chances massively.  If you lay Chelsea every game changing your stakes to suit you will win.  They don't play everyday, therein lies the problem.
By:
loadedgimp
When: 21 Feb 12 01:13
But they definitely aren't going on a 50-game winning streak anytime soon.
By:
bob_terwilliger
When: 21 Feb 12 01:13
and if Chelsea go on a winning streak?

changing your stakes how?
By:
Trevh
When: 21 Feb 12 01:15
Impatience ?
Expect too much ?
Must have a bet ?
Lack of discipline ?

They can all be contributory factors I think, but not the reason.

What ?

There's only one way to win (to all intents and purposes) so it stands to reason that the inverse of that would be the reason for losing.

Very few punters appear to understand or even care about value in their betting, from what I have seen.
By:
loadedgimp
When: 21 Feb 12 01:18
bob they drew 4 games in a row when they were faves, I am only using it as an example.  Not gonna draw you a picture buddy!
By:
loadedgimp
When: 21 Feb 12 01:19
Back 1-1 every game, you will see why you lose.  Learn how you could turn that into a win and voila.  It's a lot harder looking at deceptive form and past results to gauge how something undeterminable will be determined.
By:
six gun
Betting is like investing in Forex and commodities.
You must want for the easy money bets. Where the dice is loaded in your favour.
I see people betting on anything. On games no-one has a clue about.

Betfair takes its 5% or something like that, so the punters have got to lose. Betfair always takes its cut so the punters must over all lose.
The system is loaded against the punter, like roulette or games machines.

Chasing losses.
Lost a bit and then got frustrated and bet to win it back asap. Then lost a lot more.
What is lost has been lost. You must put it behind you.

Every bet must be seen as a chance to lose money, not a chance to win.
Only bet when the odds stack up for you.

Actually bet any old how and then I might win a bit more.
By:
montecristo88
an example for not understanding value in their bets is first goal market....they lay first goal 0-10 minutes@ 6 odd....and the real odd is between 3.5 -- 4   so they lose
By:
montecristo88
an example for not understanding value in their bets is first goal market....they lay first goal 0-10 minutes@ 6 odd....and the real odd is between 3.5 -- 4   so they lose
By:
colonelll
When: 21 Feb 12 02:20
not understanding value bets, failing to protect the bank(over staking), failing to avoid or minimize loses , failing to analyze how ur betting profit and loss is going.
All of the above were my mistakes which i corrected to turn my account into a winner
By:
test256
When: 21 Feb 12 02:21

Feb 20, 2012 -- 5:38PM, Lucifer64 wrote:

For me relying heavily on prediction sites,who get it wrong,which means i get it wrongExample tonight,1 site predicted Brentford V Carlisle as a draw, another one predicted Carlisle win, so i backed Double Chance on Carlisle,and of course Carlisle lost!.

doomed to fail from the off. without understanding why they came to those descisions you will fail more often. its like asking an untrained professional for advice. you just wouldnt do it.

In my own case it is greed. however putting a bit aside when you have it does help, because no matter how good you think you are theres a shock result round the corner.

By:
montecristo88
When: 21 Feb 12 02:49
1. the fear of loosing your money
2.greed
3.superficiality
4 bad psychologilal condition (tilt after a bad loss ..or in your personal life ..when u broke up with a girl or others)
By:
SharpyBlue
When: 21 Feb 12 04:08
all of the above
By:
Mr Dead
When: 21 Feb 12 09:35
Analyse your profit and lose. You might be amazed what you find out. It's boring and it's anal so most punters won't but if you could see where you are profitable ie over 2.5 in premiership or match odds La Liga etc you can then concentrate on the things you are good at and cut out the more of the loss making areas. Of course most don't have the discipline so will still bet on anything! We all have teams leagues that we feel we just can't get right but if you knew the actual facts and figures you would be amazed!

I've often thought a bet analysing website would be worth it's wait in gold. Any web developers out there get in touch!
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com