Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
treble
18 Feb 12 23:50
| Topic/replies: 12,392 | Blogger: treble's blog
A premier league team evens against a league 2 team that's won only one in their last 5?

Got to be a bit of value surely?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 264
By:
sofaking
When: 18 Feb 12 23:50
Stoke will win 1-0.
By:
NobbyClarke
When: 19 Feb 12 00:12
Crawley won't win this game.
By:
sofaking
When: 19 Feb 12 00:15
It does look a good price.  Not sure why they're at evens and they will win this game.
By:
NobbyClarke
When: 19 Feb 12 00:20
Crawley are a good 4th division club. They were given far too much respect at OT last season. I expect Stoke will give them a very hard time.

Inside the ground is going to be interesting; Crawley is the centre of the Chav Universe, Stoke is the six toed/boss eyed inbred capital of the UK. It is going to be ugly.
By:
noland2_
When: 19 Feb 12 00:22
Laugh
By:
Biscuit1979
When: 19 Feb 12 00:23
Only thing i can think of for the price is the fact Stoke have less than 72 hours between their game on thursday and kick off tomorrow so Pulis may make changes.
Crawley have done well in this cup too, they've beaten 3 championship sides in the past year and weren't exactly shown up at Man United either.
By:
jim smith
When: 19 Feb 12 00:26
crawley are missing little tubbs a bit - a silly sale - and the fa cup has distracted them in the league a bit. back stoke at your peril i would say.
By:
tobermory
When: 19 Feb 12 00:43
Premier League sides so rarely perform to their usual level in this sort of fixture

Does look a great price all the same though .
By:
sofaking
When: 19 Feb 12 00:44
it's a great price lads.   GET ON.
By:
thecribs
When: 19 Feb 12 08:22
Whilst I think the prices are about correct, I would not touch Stoke unless hitting the lay button.

They are poor away from home and dont score many goals whilst Crawley are strong at home. Crawley have been waiting for this tie and are going to be up for this big time.

Stoke give up masses of possesion every game regardless of the opposition. Crawley will have more possession of the football in this match,that is a given,which for a premier league team against League 2 is just embarrissing.

Stoke rely on bullying teams and the premier league is used to it and now up for the challenge against them now. A league 2 team will certainly be up for that challenge and they play better footballing teams week in week out

I actually think it will be 1-1 and Stoke will sneak through at home.
By:
lauriehulse
When: 19 Feb 12 08:42
pulis is set to "bring in fresh faces
By:
abu1967
When: 19 Feb 12 09:34
creepy Crawley were v good against a decent Hull team in last round, certainly no sign of them being 2 divs lower there.
Added to that i hate match ups like this as i always get them wrong, if i call it a tight game then the prem side goes and gubs them 4-0, and vice verse . This mug is going to invest his €2.27 elsewhere.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 19 Feb 12 09:40
We really should win, as we did away to Gillingham, but we're in a very poor run of form right now, so I'm not confident. The only thing that gives me a bit of optimism is that this competition was Stoke's success story last season, getting to Wembley for the semis, then demolishing Bolton to make the final. All the players will see this as their chance for glory again (and perhaps another season in Europe), and have little doubt they will be up for it too.

Don't think it's a bad thing to bring in some fresh faces, as we've had Fuller and Jerome warming the bench for most of the season and they will be up for it.

Think it might be tough for the first 30 mins with Crawley throwing everything at us, but I think we should weather the storm and come out with a narrowish victory 0-1 or 0-2.
By:
pumphol.
When: 19 Feb 12 10:40
Gone from 2.04 to 2.20 in the space of a couple of minutes
By:
Kevin65
When: 19 Feb 12 10:58
Stoke at 2.2 looks value to me.  Good post by JOCI club below.  60 league places separate these sides, Stoke will want to get to Wembley, two key strikers out for Crawley too.  I think it'll be a narrow win.  Stoke win and unders for me gl all
By:
laylosers
When: 19 Feb 12 11:11
Im on at 2.2, Stoke are a gritty prem side who like it physical. Crawley will not outmatch stoke in this way and the quality of players is miles apart. Stoke will win by 2.
By:
laylosers
When: 19 Feb 12 11:11
Im on at 2.2, Stoke are a gritty prem side who like it physical. Crawley will not outmatch stoke in this way and the quality of players is miles apart. Stoke will win by 2.
By:
SrgtDouche
When: 19 Feb 12 11:16
why were stoke above evens at derby? They still won
By:
AllStarTurk
When: 19 Feb 12 11:18
similar to you all, i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this OPPORTUNITY! im all over it! i even think ht/ft is a good bet for anyone interested! i guess if we go down were all going together haha ! stoke are a team which know how to grind out results so im backing them all the way.
By:
NobbyClarke
When: 19 Feb 12 11:19
Stoke's recent form is terrible. Crawley will be up for it and will be under orders to get amongst them.

While I don't think Crawley will win today it is going to be ugly.
By:
dan_411
When: 19 Feb 12 11:20
There's really only so many giant killings you can make. Crawley don't have their top strikers, they even sold Matthew Tubbs to Bournemouth. If they had him, I probably wouldn't be siding with Stoke but it's hard not to when you compare the quality of these two.

Yeah, the game will look close, but Stoke will be fitter, stronger and as motivated to win. They'll see this also as an opportunity to end their bad run of form. If you were a player who was in the side that lost to Valencia, and were a model pro, how would you approach this game? You'd want to hit back as soon as you could! That's why Stoke will surely win.
By:
thecribs
When: 19 Feb 12 11:21
Judging by some posters on here, you clearly think Stoke have better players than reality. Its their style of play/manager that allows some of their players to compete at premier league level not the players itself.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 19 Feb 12 11:21
I think the drift on Stoke is down to the rumours circulating that Danny Collins is playing left back for us.

Crouch, Jerome and Walters up front. No wingers.

Midfield looks set up for a 0-0 draw.
By:
berto77
When: 19 Feb 12 11:22
Stoke team:

Begovic, shotton, shawcross, upson, Collins, delap, whelan, whitehead, Walters, jerome, crouch.

Cant back them without wingers.  Looks like unders here.
By:
dan_411
When: 19 Feb 12 11:24
Who's on the bench for Stoke?
By:
richiem222
When: 19 Feb 12 11:26
Surely shotton and crouch is one goal alone!!
By:
NobbyClarke
When: 19 Feb 12 11:26
Not much room for wingers at the Broadfield stadium.
By:
itfcbloke
When: 19 Feb 12 11:27
Won't Walters and Jerome play either side of Crouch giving some width that way?
By:
homefortea
When: 19 Feb 12 11:27
It doesn't bode well for Stoke backers if their owners the Rancid nobet £3.65 are trying to lay them.
By:
richiem222
When: 19 Feb 12 11:30
Maybe the first half let crawley score then tell pulis now win it in the second half. We need a new fleet of mercs at head office.
By:
richiem222
When: 19 Feb 12 11:32
Jerome will give them width. Lets face it stoke are no arsenal so pitch condition is nothing to worry about.
By:
BrassicLint
When: 19 Feb 12 11:34
surely the price is wrong,crawley without a few players too arent they?on loan keeper ,2 strikers?
By:
BrassicLint
When: 19 Feb 12 11:35
2 strikers missing that should be
By:
richiem222
When: 19 Feb 12 11:37
I think its stoke win. They won't want a replay with the europa cup etc
By:
hoopa
When: 19 Feb 12 11:39
stoke will win this although they just played less than 72 hours ago. goals will come in the second half when Etherington is sub on.

GL guys
By:
badjoe
When: 19 Feb 12 11:39
Stoke
01 Begovic
05 Collins
17 Shawcross
20 Upson
30 Shotton
06 Whelan
18 Whitehead
24 Delap
19 Walters
25 Crouch
33 Jerome
Substitutes
27 Nash
28 Wilkinson
12 Wilson
15 Diao
26 Etherington
09 Jones
10 Fuller
By:
TRICKYTREES
When: 19 Feb 12 11:41
Jesus !!!!  2.26 for a established  premier league team to beat a good div 2 team (who arent in great form themselves)+ without there main 2 strikers  !!!
You don't see these massive value bets on here everyday !!
big bet (for me) on stoke here :

Stoke    2.26    £500.00    £630.00
Ref: 18404813707 Bet matched:11:39 19-Feb-12

gl everyone          stoke to win 0-2 / 0-3  :)
By:
JOCI Club
When: 19 Feb 12 11:43
Good luck with that one!
By:
MFC_1986
When: 19 Feb 12 11:43
If its a narrow pitch,Delap and co will have a field day with their long throws.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com