Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 66 comments are related to the topic:
Fallon Sherrock withdraws from BDO Womens Champs

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 66
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 13:38
Hearn also say she's taken darts global so I wouldn't take to much he says seriously

Making up narratives and headlines as they go again

Darts was going "global" in the early 2000s, it went fully global in the late 2000s, its utterly pathetic to listen to sometimes and they treat us all like invalids
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 13:40
So all these events abroad isn't "global" now according to Hearn, its some woman who fluked a win that's taken it to the aliens in outer space CrazyCrazy

They do seriously need to grow the fack up I'm being serious
By:
dr . atkins
When: 01 Jan 20 14:59
rumour have it she could be in premier league she puts bums on seats
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 15:02
She doesn't though

Those Neanderthals that turn up would turn up regardless of who was playing, they turn up for a p*** up and riot essentially

None of them turn up for the actual darts
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 15:03
They aren't trying to convince us these soccer hooligans are paying to watch Fallon Sherrock Vs Mensur Suljovic are they?
By:
HGS
When: 01 Jan 20 15:08
One hopes that is just a vicious rumour doc. Is scandalous what they have already done but if she was to be given a regular slot in the Premier League, the fake 'fawning' over her by the pro gents will soon disappear. This will come at the cost of someone far more deserving. Just like last season when they gave Barney his swansong in the Premier League when his darts that season did not warrant this. And his results proved this winning one game and being first eliminated!
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 15:22
I don't think they care HGS, all publicity is good publicity regardless of whether its damn right awful, bad or good

We live in the era of any controversy is jumped on and made a £ from
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 01 Jan 20 15:26
I watched a barry hearn interview last night and he confirmed theyre having the contenders/challengers theme again this year so fallon looks like a nap to get a contender slot for one of the weeks
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 01 Jan 20 15:27
https://youtu.be/wzdgi0uUFio

this is it if anyone wants to watch it
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 15:28
Cheers Grant

Yeap she'll end up on it in some capacity
By:
HGS
When: 01 Jan 20 15:36
A contender spot in itself would be bad enough imo. A full on place would be unforgivable.
By:
HGS
When: 01 Jan 20 15:36
And yes, I've no doubt that is the least she will get.
By:
Latalomne
When: 01 Jan 20 15:42

Jan 1, 2020 -- 10:03AM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

They aren't trying to convince us these soccer hooligans are paying to watch Fallon Sherrock Vs Mensur Suljovic are they?

"Bums on seats" doesn't just mean at the venue.  Increased TV viewing figures = increased advertising revenues.  Whether you like it or not, she has "sold" the game to a whole new audience in the run up to Christmas.  I've had conversations about darts with people who have never previously voiced any interest in the sport at all.  She was trending #1 on Twitter in the UK and #2 worldwide during one of her matches.

By:
Latalomne
When: 01 Jan 20 15:44
As Wonder alluded to the other day, the game is currently going through a bit of a dip since the retirement of PT and the drop off in form of Subby, Barney, Crackpot etc.  Hearn is not stupid and realises Fallon will give it a bit of a lift at a time when it could arguably do with it, even if it's only temporary.
By:
rob999
When: 01 Jan 20 17:33
Agree with Lat. Bums on seats is far wider than the drinkers at the venue. Its pretty basic business. Record afternoon TV viewers, Billie Jean King, Good Morning TV with Piers Morgan or whoever she was on with = More advertising and more money in the game.

Of course there will be players that moan when she gets a contender slot for the Premier League but they are short sighted if they can't see that more advertising and more money in the game benefits all of them.
By:
HGS
When: 01 Jan 20 18:18
No doubt the fact she was playing that afternoon helped create the record tv audience. Being on the Friday afternoon after Christmas will also have helped with this. Add to the fact that there was 2 other good matches in that session, notably Durrant v Gurney and it is quite understandable as afternoon matches are usually  of the lower quality. The problem here is what happens if she flops in these tournaments she has been given a freebie into???
By:
rob999
When: 01 Jan 20 19:06
My 16 yr old tuned in on Fri afternoon with a couple of her mates. I don't think she watching for Gurney's Irish charm of Duzza's dashing good looks.

Of course they want Sherrock to succeed but when she doesn't it won't really matter. There will be a new story to sell like Leighton Bennett, Taylor and Barney coming out of retirement for a best of 101 sets on Sky Box Office, Price and Wright rematch to be under mixed martial arts rules in a steel cage etc. Right now though Sherrock is the biggest story they can create for the mass media (by a distance) and they have to sell that story.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 20:18

Jan 1, 2020 -- 10:42AM, Latalomne wrote:

Jan  1, 2020 --  4:03PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:They aren't trying to convince us these soccer hooligans are paying to watch Fallon Sherrock Vs Mensur Suljovic are they?"Bums on seats" doesn't just mean at the venue.  Increased TV viewing figures = increased advertising revenues.  Whether you like it or not, she has "sold" the game to a whole new audience in the run up to Christmas.  I've had conversations about darts with people who have never previously voiced any interest in the sport at all.  She was trending #1 on Twitter in the UK and #2 worldwide during one of her matches.

They wont hang around though lata and will quickly disappear

Its like anything, its gains a bit of traction and it brings short term viewers, but then quickly dissipates

They got the perfect demographic involved, the football supporters who love a drink and a sing song

But its about short termism nowadays, having a stable demographic ins't good enough nowadays

By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 01 Jan 20 20:20
Girls will not watch darts for very long

Very head in sand to think they will. And then they'll need another story to tell to get more short term viewers in
By:
rob999
When: 01 Jan 20 20:32
I don't think anyone on here is saying that its anything other than short term. What they are saying is that not wanting to take advantage of that short term success is crazy. Then on to the next story of course.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 02 Jan 20 11:33
my mate at matchroom was right she be playing in premier league
By:
HGS
When: 03 Jan 20 10:50
Be interesting to see who she 'draws'.  Duzza imo.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 03 Jan 20 18:42
Laugh yeh, its def not gonna be MVG thats for sure
By:
wisewords
When: 03 Jan 20 18:52
I reckon she'll draw Michael Smith
By:
Winja
When: 04 Jan 20 19:34
someone who needs a new car compliments of hearn autos...…….
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 05 Jan 20 20:31
She was doing a double act thing yesterday, absolutely awful

3 successive visits of less than 50 and in both legs it took about 23 darts ffs

Sorry but not sure how long they are going to pull the wool over peoples eyes with this "brand", its already into taking the pish territory now
By:
HGS
When: 20 Jan 20 18:36
Pay me. She plays Durrant on night 2!
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo